Gone Like A Silent Echo | Teen Ink

Gone Like A Silent Echo

By Viphamsmileyface SILVER, Higland, New York
Viphamsmileyface SILVER, Higland, New York

Writing eases my suffering... writing is my way of reaffirming my own existence.

As i lay down on the hard shallow ground, i could hear the footsteps of them as they walk away. Blood lay warm on the ground, i try to get up but I'm to weak. I lay back down unsteady and broken. But before all of that happened, let me just take you to the beginning.

I was a normal kid in Brockwell High School, studying in engineering and technology, I was what they call "the average nerd" in the classroom, but i didn't care. At least i was more successful then they will ever be in there life. I believe that life is to short to return and do stuff again. I always wanted to be normal, fit in with the cool kids and hang out with the athletic kids.But no..I wasn't your average kid on the block, i wasn't the most coolest kid. But i did have something special. Something no other kid had, something you can only get by imagining in your head when you were a little kid, and no it wasn't your imaginary friend cause you had no friends back then.

Ever since i was a little kid i was always the smartest,the strongest and the fastest kid out there in my school. Parents didn't know what was wrong with me. I was the most athletic person, the number 1 football player out there. The fastest person on track Until everyone started calling me a freak and turning me down. I was a loser, i didn't know what to do with my life anymore. Until i realize that i can use it for good. Now that's were i am, but wait till you get deeper into my life.My life has things you never even seen or expected. Remember I'm not your average kid on the block.

Ever since last year, I've seen things you haven't seen before. Not the things were everyone is happy that you did it, bad things. Really bad things. Strange things you never seen in your life. There is a magical path, i heard that it’ll take you somewhere, but i don't really think so. I might seem to be your vampire from the cheesy twilight book, but no. I don't sparkle or fall in love, i stay by my self.Well not this one time. I guess I'll go into my life by telling you about "her"..

Ever since the super powers thing has been happening, i been more dramatic in life. I tend to be more "romeo" then ever, i guess its just a cold or something. But i don't know, i guess it doesn't bother me that much. Ever since i saw this girl, my life has changed alot. But remember here I'm still a nerd and i can't get a girl no matter what i do. So when this girl Azzurra came into my life, she changes everything. My life has turned back around and everything is good. Until i been blacking out and having these weird thoughts in my head.

As i walk up to her, the bell rings and everybody runs outside screaming there heads off. As I walk closer to her.She walks away . Then..A sudden flash rushed through my head like a bullet shot from a revolver. I start to black out, i realize that I'm on my knees now. I can't see, everything is gone, The loud ringing in my head wont stop, i cant breath or move. A headache burst through my head in pain. I scream as loud as i can. Then..the pain is gone and I'm in this new place, its all dark in here. I walk around noticing that it's really cold, I walk unsteadily, seeing nothing but shadows. Then i see it, an old fashion street lamp showed up in front up me out of no where. I checked it out for a couple minutes, then i see it. A carving of words are written out on the bottom of the lamp. It reads "Turn back turn back, the shadows will haunt you and the light will dim.Your skull will crack with it to thin"..

I wake up, on the ground with people staring at me, wondering what happened. As two people helped me up i see the same street lamp outside. I turn around and realize that everybody is gone and so is the street lamp, what happened? Everything is the same as the thoughts in my head. I scream as loud as i can, but nobody hears me. I'm lost in my thoughts. I wake up for real this time, and i see that there are holes on the ground. I must of made them, i stand up and walk out before anybody notices. i wonder what the word in my thoughts meant, and why. I look at my phone to see that its 3:43 and my parents will get mad if i don't get home fast. Then all of a sudden a street lamp appears out of no where and i walk straight into in, i lay on the ground covering my forehead as the words appear on the bottom of the lamp...

I read the words carefully, over and over again The thoughts will be like shadows, calling your name in the darkness, hearts lay lingering on the wall as in 3 days you will crawl,Those words keep repeating in my head. That night i was dreaming about stuff, no not stuff like girls..well not this time. But seriously, this dream was important..

I wake up in a car driving unsteadily in the snow, i look out the cool fogged window , i see that were driving pretty fast. I use my sleeve to clear the fogged window. I see nothing but plain lands and fences. There’s no light, only the moon. The dark blue sky with black clouds surround the starry night. I look away from the window to see the driver. I don't see anybody, just the steering wheel turning back and forth. I try and get out, pulling on the door as hard as i can, trying to unlock it, slamming it with all my might until one of my shoulder starts to bleed. As i scream for help looking outside the window, i see that the plains of land are gone, i look at the driver seat and a ghostly figure stared at me, saying over and over goodbye,goodbye you are now going to die..

i wake up screaming as loud as i can, i look over to my window as the rain fell down hard. i look at my shoulder as it bleeds slowly. I started to wonder, what I'm going to do. I just need a drink right now, so i walk slowly down the stairs blindly in the dark, as i walk into the kitchen, i open up the fridge and get the Orange juice. As i close the fridge door a face appears from out of no where, staring at me..i fall down shattering the cup of oj. As i got up my hand hit the shards of the cup, i look at my bloody hands seeing if there are any glass in there. I look at my hand closer and then. There right on my hand, the shards of glass wrote DIE on my hand..

My dreams became stranger and stranger, the thoughts hurt more and more. Till one night i had a dream about Azzura. She was in a beautiful wedding dress. It was a nice amazing day outside. The birds flying from street to street, Trees bloom with beautiful bright green leaves, and the church lies ahead of where i was standing. The church doors were locked and boarded up so no one can enter. I look through the church window and see Azzura....it was her wedding day. As Azzura and her husband to-be recited the last words. I ringed the chains and pulled as hard as i can. Blood dripping down from my hands. I stop and listen for a minute, the people were cheering..its over shes gone. As she came out the door, the locks unlocked and i closed my eyes. I open them and see that im in the middle of the road, is this what I’m thinking about, to kill myself? After what I've been through, im wanting to kill myself? This is stupid, as i walk to the corner sidewalk, Azurra screamed my name and ran to me but a car hit her dead on. The car lays under her as it stop, i lifted up the car and saw her beautiful face.Her blood lay warm on the ground, her friends and husband walk away as i was on my knees crying. To weak to get up, to sad to talk. Her dead body lays there as the wedding ring from my pocket dropped out and made a silent echo..

I wake up, this is where i am now. Tears on my bed,blood on my hand. I have killed the love of my life. My heart lays broken and i am on the ground crawling and crying my eyes out, just like what my dreams said. I guess dreams do come true, i guess sometimes they aren't as perfect as you thought they would be..

I stand here before me, the grave of the one i love. My tears hit the snow, melting it as if it was drops of fire. I lose my breath thinking about her smile. And how much she meant to me. I could remember it as if it was yesterday. Everything. Every specific detail..The trees, the birds, the church. The snow falls hard on me as i look down and read the tombstone. Over and over, it reads.."My last words to the world is that i want the person that means most to me to be happy, even if I'm gone, even if I'm dead". She wrote that when she was in 7th grade, I could still remember her asking me if that's okay for her poem. I could feel the tears coming down my cheek. The coldness surrounds me...i feel nothing but pain..1

I walk downstairs. My eyes red..my heart broken. I look outside an see that its still nightime, i have to go to sleep for school in the morning i thought to myself. As i walk back up the stairs, my heartbeat went faster and faster. I passed out on the ground..2

I don't know where i am now..i look around, but see nothing but plains of land. I close my eyes and here her voice.I feel my body shaking. It hurts to know that shes really gone, that i never really got to know her. I open my eyes and see that I'm on some sort of tracks, i hear a train coming. I try to run by i can't. I scream really loud, but realizing that i did that before in one of my dreams, i close my eyes. Thinking about something else. I couldn't so i just stood there waiting..Then all of a sudden i wake up screaming as loud as i can. I see that my mom was next to me checking if i was okay..3

That morning i woke up and realized that i didn't have a bad dream the second time i fell asleep. I was happy until i got to school and saw the school paper. My heart sank and my tears droped. The headline to the paper was "Girl killed while sleeping, parents think it was a heart attack". I droped the paper and walked away...4

Later that week i spent my days writing . I didn't know what to do with my life anymore, i just wanted to go away forever. The pain of her smile still haunts me. I tried to think about something else but couldn't, it hurts. I took a quick nap after i was finished writing..As i close my eyes i see that I'm on a train, going full speed. The trains lights flicker as i got up. I realized that this isn't a good dream..wait my dreams are never good. I look around to see that the train was vacant, not a soul in site. I open up the door to the next rows of seats. I still don't see anybody, but as i walk to the front of the train i hear an eerie moaning coming from the front seat, as i walk to the front of the train, i could feel my spine chilling up. The eerie moaning gets louder and louder. I walk to the front off the train. Its dark out and i see nothing but trees and the front tracks. I hear it again..the eerie moaning. I look to the front seat and a head turns around without its body moving, saying in an eerie voice goodbye, then the trains hits a building of some sorts. 5

I wake up screaming, my heart racing faster then anything. I can see nothing but darkness. Its still snowing outside, but this time the snow fell in a weird way. It sounded like it was snowing to my pulse. I lay back down and breath slowly, calming down my heart beat..6

I knew my life wouldn't be the same. So i went into my dads room and got something. I walked 15 miles to a graveyard. I looked at my phone it was 5:39 in the morning, i knew it was to early, but i couldn't sleep. The graveyard looks eerie at night, butt it doesn't matter.The only thing that matters anymore is her..7

I read her tombstone over and over again, i feel nothing but pain. My body is like shattered glass that can't be fixed. I look at the ground, my tears made holes..I realized that i couldn't take this pain anymore. So i put my dads gun to my head and pulled the trigger. My last words from my letter was that I want the person that meant most to me to be happy,even if I'm gone, even if I'm dead..

I open up my eyes and look around, Am i in heaven? I feel a sudden rush of happiness in my body..I guess i am, i feel so happy. I can finnaly be with the love of my life. After everything i've been trough, im happy. I stand up, relizing this isnt heaven, and that its really cold out.Im confused on where i am. I take my first couple of steps relizing that im light as air. I close my eyes for a couple minutes. I think of what ive been through, everything..Losing her and killing her. I open them, and i see nothing. I focus my eyes to see that theres a cileing and a fan hanging above me..

Im alive..I could hear my breathe, i could still feel my heart.It was all just a dream..I guess i didnt kill her after all. Now im really happy, as i open up my broken down door, i relize that i can hear her voice comming from the downstairs kitchen. I walk down the stairs slowly. I enter the living room, nobody in sight. Then i see it...a ghostly figure runs across my eyes. My spine chills up, my heart races..I walk slowly into the kitchen. My vision becoming foggy. I breath out slowly, only to see that i can see my breate. I look around and see nothing but kitchen equipments.. then the storage room lights turned on..

I walk to the storage room, I seee nothing but a white light. The light dims as i see that im in school. I walk around and see everyone in there normal self. Then one of my friends walked up to me asking if i was going to the dance..I didnt know how to reply so i just nodded my head and laugh.Its like i cant talk, my mouth was like stapled together. I walk to my first class and see that the teacher has wrote somthing very strange on the board..It was the riddle to one of my first dreams. The teacher asked everyone to solve it, but no one answers. It was strange. I walked out of the classroom before the bell rung..What was i suppose to do.This wasnt a dream, i couldnt just wake up and be safe. I had to get out, fast. As i ran to the door, i see Azzura. She smiled at me again, everything in my body stops. I tried to get out but i can't. So i just closed my eyes for a couple seconds..Shes gone, everybody gones.I wake up on the kitchen floor.Was that a dream, i asked myself quietly in the dark.

That morning i walked to school. Now the real test begins. I looked at the school paper. Nothing about Azzura. My face smiled with so much joy. As i walk to my lockers my friend ran up to me again, but this time it was real. He asked me if i was going to the dance. I had to say yes since azzura was alive. He walked away talking to himself, it was weird. Everything was weird.As i enter the hall i saw Azzura, she was happy and smiling, it was like seeing heaven. The my heart sank as i saw he boyfriend walking up to her and hugging her. I walked away into my first period classroom. My english teacher explained to us a project we had to do. I didnt acctually pay attention, i just listen to him as i read my book in slince.

As i walk home i see Azzura still hanign with her boyfriend, i feel nothing but emptiness. I wanted to just turn away but it was like my body wanted to torture me. This was worst then getting hit by a train or dieing in a car. Reality hurts..As i got home, i put my bookbag down and got a drink. Then as soon as i got a cup, my bookbag fell and the engish project paper from my teacher fell out. I read it in slince. The words that caught my eyes the most were "Write a story about an exciting experience you had with life"..

I took my pen and a lot of loose-leaf paper and wrote down for the title, losing the love of my life. The beggiining went like As i lay down on the hard shallow ground, i could hear the footsteps of them as they walk away. Blood lay warm on the ground, i try to get up but im to weak. I lay back down unsteady and broken. But before all of that happened, let me just take you to the beginning...

My tears fell downs i wrote the ending of the paper, His love is all she knows, and it was only just a dream...

As i handed in my paper to my teacher, i asked to go to the bathroom..Later that day 2 teachers found a boy hung on a bathroom stall, with the carving His love is all she knows, it was only a dream..

I look up. Staring at the stars..watching as the dark empty clouds float above me. The light cool breeze and the smell of summer filled the air. I started to think about the stars. All of a sudden I started to hear the sound of something making a crash noise and the sound of silence. . .1

My eyes covered in white lights. The lights dim down as i start to see the shadows of the room. Silence echo the room, not a sound in the room. I realize where i am now and i try and get up but i couldn't. It was like being tied down with chains. What was next for me? I just sat there and waited.2

I lay down on the hard cold ground. The rocks sinking into my spine. I started to hear noise and the vibration caused by the trains. This was a game of death. A game were no one wins. No one lives.. Cars driving over me, going faster and faster. The smell of gasoline filled my lungs. I closed my eyes and block out the sound of the cars. My eyes felt as if it was being flooded. I open them. The world is frozen. I couldn't believe it.3

I tried to get back up but couldn't the cars were going by to fast. Then i thought to myself what was the point in getting up if my life was so bad. I started to look up the sky. My heart racing faster and faster as cars almost drive over me. I laid flat on the ground. Then i started to think more of it. Almost 2 months ago. The last day of school. Her smile. My dreams. Why was this so difficult to get out of my head. I started to realize the pain my body has been going through. And even though my dreams have stopped I still dream about her.4

Then out of no where my heart stopped . 5

I open my eyes and see that I'm on this plane. I look out the window seeing nothing but the darkness outside. It was my dreams again. I felt as if i didn't want to wake up this time. My dreams were better then reality. I took in a deep breath and got up. Looking around the plane. Then all of a sudden the plain felt as if it hit something. "Why does my dreams always have to be weird" I thought to myself.6

The plane was dead silence, i checked each seat to see if there is anybody on the plane. I started to hear noises and laughter. It was coming from the front of the plane. So i walked as fast as i could to the front of the plane. To see nothing. Then the cockpit doors open, revealing Azurra. She didn't look very happy. She looked..sad. Her eyes red and the sound of her voice sounded as if she was depressed over something. I couldn't stand to see her sad, so i walked over to her and gave her a hug. All of a sudden she disappears. And the plane starts to tilt down. I open the cockpit door and my hear sank. It was me. Hanging myself. Is that why she was so sad? Then i hear Azzura screaming. I turn around and see that she was being picked up by her boyfriend. She was being thrown out the side of the plane. She was screaming and crying. Why was all this happening. The plane hit the ground with full force, exploding and killing everyone.7

I wake up, seeing that I'm still alive..Cops and ambulance surrounded me. The cars stop. I got back up and wiped the dirt of my back. I started to realize how life is when you realize that the person you love. Loves you back. 8

The sound of crashing and exploding wont get out of my head. I was back in reality, where anything could happen to me. Anything. Then a white light covers my eyes as the sound of horns blaring filled my eardrum ears. I didn't know what happen. The light dims down. Then, i realize that a car was heading straight for me. I wouldn't run or dodge it. The car was going to fast. I close my eyes. Next thing i know..I'm gone..

This book has 1 comment.

on Apr. 25 2011 at 4:51 am
Garnet77 PLATINUM, Sinagpore, Other

"Everything's a triangle." ~ My mother

"Write what you love, write what you care about, because sometimes, it's the easiest way to be heard."

I haven't finished reading all you posted, but so far, I think the character has a really interesting voice, straightforward yet mysterious at the same time. Keep up the good work, and feel free to check out some of mine. :)