New Teen Ink Book: Bullying Under Attack Barnes & Noble Amazon

Love Blossoms

Chapters:   « Previous 1 2

Chapter 2

Reed held Liz’s hand as they watched Luke and Rikki he looked at her, “Looks like they’re moving pretty fast, huh?”
“Oh yeah! They’re smack on top of each other kissing with his shirt off.”
Reed smiled, “Wanna prank them?”
“Sure, how are we gonna do it?”
Reed looked at Liz smiling, “Follow me.”
With that they ran off to prank us.

Luke and I continued to kiss and he was over me right then and a very soft moan had finally escaped that I had been keeping inside for a while. After that I knew that it was probably best if we stopped so I put my hand on his chest and kinda pushed back a little bit and said, “Luke?”
He whispered, “Yeah.”
“Get off.”
He moved off of me and asked, “Is something wrong?”
I shook my head. Again this reminds me of the past. I stood up and muttered, “I gotta get to a lesson.”
Sprinklers turned on and we both screamed from the shock, but perfect it was to get away from him so I ran. Luke groaned as I ran off. He caught Liz and Reed near the spot where you could turn on the sprinklers and he yelled, “I see you! Come talk to me!”
They walked to him and asked, “We were going great, weren’t we?”
“Well, you were going kind of fast.” Liz said.
“So she freaks out and runs away?”
Reed shrugged, “That’s what my little sister does.”
“I need to talk with her, she’s hiding something.”
“Like what?” Liz asked.
“I don’t know…I tried to give her a rose and she didn’t accept it at first and then…”
I walked back out, “Luke we need to talk.”
“Alright, talk.”
I looked at Liz and Reed then back at him, “Alone?”
“Are you gonna run again?”
I sighed, “Possibly…it depends on how you take it.”
“Couldn’t they stay here?”
I looked up at them and said, “If anybody tells anyone this I will kill you. Ok?”
Everybody nodded and sat down. Reed moved and sat down next to me because he was the only person I ever told. He took my hand and squeezed it letting me know he was proud I was telling Luke this. I sighed, “Ok, Billy and I…well…he…he hit me…a lot.”
“What?!?” Luke yelled when he noticed I got scared he calmed down, “Sorry, what happened?”
“It was our third date. He came in and it was so perfect. He brought me a rose and said it was a token of his love for me.” I sighed, “It was so great. Anyway, he started fixing food together and something happened. I was getting ready still because he had come early. I still had about half an hour of stuff for me to do. Because he had come right after I finished taking my shower. Anyway while I was getting ready I heard the smoke alarm going off. I ran out as quickly as I could. Fire was coming off the stove and I looked around for Billy and he was sitting on the couch without a care in the world. I looked at him and screamed aren’t you gonna do something. He looked up at me and grabbed some water and threw it over the fire. It went out quickly. I looked at him confused and asked why he wasn’t watching the stove…He grabbed my hand and pressed it up against the stove. I screamed…” My voice trailed off and Reed put his arm around me and pulled me closer then looked at Luke and Liz who were both very concerned. Reed sighed, “I heard her scream. By the time I got in there he had grabbed a cold wet cloth and was acting like he was helping her. She lied to me and told me that she was going to clean the counter top, but didn’t realize it was still hot.”
“I should’ve told you.” I said shaking my head.
Reed sighed, “I know, sis, but we can’t help what happened. Go ahead and tell them the rest of the things.”
I nodded, “Well, this continued a lot, but in different ways. There were days that he’d just get mad at me and I had no clue what I did. Sometimes all that happened was just a slap that was definitely considered easy on me.”
“Why didn’t you tell anyone? To stop him?” Liz asked.
“He threatened me.”
Luke shook his head, “You should’ve told us. We could’ve protected you.”
“It wasn’t only me who needed protecting!” I yelled standing up.
“Who else needed it?” Luke asked standing up. He spoke harshly, but he only asked because he was genuinely concerned about me.
I looked at him shaking my head, “Nobody.”
“What? He threatened me threatened Liz? Who did he threaten?!?”
“It’s none of your concern!”
“It is to my concern, Rikki, you’re my girlfriend! And I need to know these things about you!”
“You know what? Stop caring about me, because I’m not your girlfriend anymore!”
I ran off and Luke yelled, “Rikki! No, Rikki!”
He groaned and looked at Liz and Reed. Reed said, “Be easy with her, but you need to talk to her.”
Luke nodded and stood up, “I hope I can say the right thing.”

Luke found me in the garden trying not to cry. He smiled at the memory of last night. Even though I had always been a tomboy the garden always brought me comfort. He sat down next to me, “Can you talk to me?”
I remained quiet for about fifteen minutes then sighed, “You saved me from him once.”
He looked puzzled, “When was that?”
“I think this was during our second year…we were walking through the garden. By now it was weird if he didn’t hit me at least once a day. We were kissing…a lot like how we were earlier, but he wanted to go farther and I didn’t want to. I was pulling away and he told me we’re gonna do this so stop resisting.” My voice cracked and Luke pulled me in closer as I gulped and continued, “I fell and you happened to be coming by at that time. I lied to you and told you that I tripped.”
“I remember that you were crying and told me it hurt.”
“Yeah, it didn’t I was just so terrified.”
Luke held onto me and I stayed stiff in his arms he looked down at me and tilted my chin up and said in a questioning tone, “Stay with me.”
I looked up at him and whispered, “I’m scared to.”
“Why?” Luke was completely confused.
“Luke…we’ve gone into this relationship way too fast and I just…I think it’d be better if we stayed friends.”
Luke looked confused and upset, “Rikki, listen to me. We already fell in love we already got intense…can’t you just stick with it? Relationships are never easy, ever, but I think we’re worth it.”
I looked down and pushed away from him, “I don’t think we are, sorry.”
With that I went back to the house and Luke looked down how was he supposed to win me back?

Luke had told Liz and Reed what happened and Liz ran to come check on me. She knocked on my door and opened it slowly, “Rikki? Are you in here?”
“Yeah, but if Luke’s with you, he’s not allowed in.”
“He isn’t.”
“If you want to talk about him or me or us you aren’t allowed in.”
“Come on, you know I wanna talk about you two, please just for half an hour?”
“Come on in, but I’m not getting back with him I’m telling you that now.”
“Why not? You and Luke are perfect for each other!”
“Nope.”
“You make me so irritated Rikki!”
“Eh, I have that effect on people.”
Liz rolled her eyes, “Wanna tell me your side of the story?”
“There’s not much to tell, Liz, I mean…it’s complicated.”
“Love always is.”
“Shut up, I don’t love him.”
“And now you’re lying. Come on, Rikki I mean…you wouldn’t pull away so much if you didn’t love him.”
“I pull away because I hate him.”
“Why do you hate him?”
“You saw us out there on the grass. We were going so fast….”
“Ok he didn’t tell me anything before that. What was going on? How did his shirt get off? Did you undress him?” Liz asked giggling.
“Shut it…he acted like I cut his chest and I was so freaked out that I like struggled to get him to take his shirt off because I was so worried that he might die and that he needed stitches and what it I couldn’t get him there in time anyway…once I learned it was fake I got mad and he laughed and tickled me and I held his hands down telling him how scared he made me and he just laughed and continued tickling me until I made him stop.”
“Wow, so you did undress him…hmmm…interesting.” Liz giggled with a mischievous smile.
“Shut it! I didn’t know he was acting I thought he was seriously injured! You don’t think he wanted to…you know!”
“No! Of course not! He wouldn’t do that to you…but he did want to get closer to you and make you laugh by tickling you. I think he knew you’d have to take his shirt off.”
“The more I think about all of this the more happy I am that I broke it off. I hate that we even got that far. Ugh, I hate it I hate him!”
Shocked that I was talking like this Liz gawked, “You hate Luke for loving you?!?”
“Yes! Well…no I hate that it was like that I just I was so tired of being with him! It was way too emotionally consuming!”
“You hated him for loving you like crazy?!? Did you see yourself when you were on top of him? There’s no hiding you love him! No matter how much you protest you know you love him! How can you be tired of it?!”
“You know what? I just realized we only have a physical attraction! Ugh, I’m going to bed!”
“Rikki! But you fell in love with him the night of the ball!!”
Luke and Reed were across the room and Luke blocked my door. I looked up at him and groaned. He chuckled, “Isn’t it a bit early to go to bed.”
“Shut up.”
Luke laughed, “Come on let’s go for a picnic.”
I groaned, “No I don’t wanna!”
“Too bad. Are you gonna come or do I have to carry you?”
I started to walk in front of him and he laughed. We walked out to the garden and he had a picnic basket with him and I crossed my arms and looked at him, “What do you want?”
“Come on, let’s have a picnic.”
I grumbled, “Fine.”
We sat down and started eating. He asked, “What did you do besides obsessive over me?”
“I wasn’t obsessing.”
“Whatever, what did you do?”
“I had my practice and had to do it an hour longer cause I was late and had to clean everything afterwards.”
“That sounds like it was fun.” He teased.
“Shut up before I make you shut up.”
“And how do you plan to make me shut up?”
“I don’t know, but I could find a way.”
“Like what?” He continued teasing.
“Luke, we aren’t together I’m not gonna kiss you.”
“Rikki, please don’t break up with me…I love you like crazy, can’t you see that?”
“Luke, I just…I don’t think we could even take a step back and it’s all going so fast and I just…I’m scared. It’s just I know it’s gonna be difficult to take a step back and the other option is breaking up which I think is best, or even…never mind it’s stupid.”
“Getting married isn’t stupid. What do you want to do?”
“I don’t know, and I think it’s kinda stupid to get married after dating a day.”
Luke looked off into the sky and smiled, “You know, the typical fairytale is where the girl is somewhere, the prince finds her, and takes her away to his castle and they live happily ever after in one day.”
“This isn’t a fairytale it’s real life. Real life doesn’t do that.”
“This place is more magical than we know where my mom lived is the real world! What do you want?”
“Luke, this is our life it doesn’t matter whether we’re here or there. I…I don’t know what I want! I think we never should’ve started doing this and that’s why I broke up with you! What do you wanna do?”
He shook his head and looked so pitiful that I felt horrible. He sighed and said weakly, “I want to not lose you. Look Rikki, I don’t have to marry you now, ok? I think we should take a step back…I…I’ll do anything not to lose you.”
“It’s gonna be hard to take a step back I don’t even think I could.”
“Do you want to break up? Cause I definitely don’t. I don’t care what we do as long as we’re together.”
“I really don’t know what to do, ugh! Our relationship was so much easier when I acted like I hated you.”
“Ha, easier for you! I hated that you hated me! How about we just try to control ourselves and keep it normal?”
I laughed, “I guess, but I still really like it when we do this.”
I leaned in and he smiled before he kissed me, “Me too.”
He ran his hands through my hair and kissed me. When he pulled away he said, “Love is worth fighting for.”
“Your right, it is.”
“So, are we gonna go slow?”
“Yeah, but Luke do you think it’ll work? I mean we were trying to control ourselves and I still ended up on top of you with your shirt off. My dress turned into a miniskirt, the top was way lower than it should’ve been, and your pants were about to fall off.”
He laughed, “That was a mess wasn’t it, but I’m gonna try. I think if we put our heads together we can do it.”
They packed up and I looked at him, “Alright, well I’ll see you in the morning.” I kissed his cheek, “Goodnight.”
He grabbed my elbow and pulled me back in and kissed me, “Goodnight, baby.”
I wrapped my arms around him as we kissed again. I pushed away but stayed an inch away and in a tone where it was obvious I didn’t want to I said, “Maybe we should stop.”
His tone was the same, “I think so too.”
I smiled and kissed him again he pulled away a little bit, “I thought you said we need to stop.”
I pulled away and took a step back, “I think we do, sorry.”
He whispered, “It’s ok, it’s fine.” He moved away, “Goodnight Rikki.”
“Night Luke.”
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2

nemish23 said...
it's great! please keep writing!!!

Cbsiegel said...
Dec. 9, 2011 at 1:48 am:
Great book