Awakened Angel | Teen Ink

Awakened Angel

By Monkee63 SILVER, Independence, Kentucky
Monkee63 SILVER, Independence, Kentucky

"I want to feel my life while I'm in it"- Meryl Streep
"Live, Life Love"
"Everybody wants happiness, nobody wants pain, but you can't have a rainbow without a little rain."

Walking down the street in Central New York, I was on my way to see my boyfriend. As, I got ready to open the door, I couldn't stop wondering if he was even home, things haven't exactly been okay with us lately. A moment later my cell started ringing.

“Hey Sweetheart, what are you doing still standing on the porch? Come in baby.”

“Okay.” I replied and walked in the door.

We said our hi's and how are you's and hugged, which seemed more like a friend hugging a friend, instead of a boyfriend and girlfriend hug. I just sat down on the couch thinking maybe it was my fault that things are a little iffy with us right now. But I never gave it another thought, that day. I was totally lost in thought when I realized that Jason was talking to me.

“Jenna, Hello earth to Jenna. Baby are you okay?”

“Yeah, sorry Jason.”

“Are you working tonight.” Jason asked as he sat on the couch next to me, as he put his arm around my shoulders,which was something he did all the time.

“Actually no, I have off tonight and the whole weekend off.”

“That's great! I have a surprise for you tonight.” Jason said to me and pecked me on the lips.

“What time are we going to leave?”

“6.30 baby.”
It was already 4:20pm.

“Well, I better get going and get ready.”

“Okay, Jenna. I'll pick you up at 6.”

We said goodbye and gave each other a hug which ultimately turned into a passionate kiss that seemed to last forever. We finally pulled apart when I could no longer breathe.

“Can't wait to see you later Jason.”

I think that was the first time that we kissed like that in almost a week, which is a long painful time for us. I was walking home thinking “I'll be home around 4.45, I can jump in the shower get dressed, and be ready by 5.30, and then 30 minutes to work on my book.” I got home and took a shower, I decided to pin up the sides of my curly brown shoulder length hair, and I did my make-up just the way that Jason liked it. I decided to wear a black short form fitting black dress and a pair of black pumps. Although both these items where in a different spot then the last time that I wore them, I found a note. It read:
Dear Ms. Roberts,

Here is a wonderful dress and pumps for you. Be ready by 6.
Love J.

I smiled at this little note, thinking about how sweet Jason is. I thought about writing a little in my book, but after writing only half a page I realized that it was 5.55pm and Jason was going to be here in 5 minutes. I rushed around getting dressed and finding my jacket and almost tripped down the stairs putting on my pumps when the door bell rang. I gasped at the sight I saw. Jason had on a tux and there was a limo waiting for us.

“Good Evening Jenna. I see you got my note.” Jason smirked has he took my hand in his.

“I did, Jason. Thanks for this. Things have been different with us.”

“I know baby, I'm trying to fix that. Well, ready to go.”

“Of course.”

Once we were inside the limo Jason embraced me in a passionate kiss. I completely accepted wrapping her arms around his neck, at that moment the only thing I could think about was how much I had missed Jason.

“Oh, Jason I love you so much.”

“I love you to baby.” Jason replied as he wrapped me up into another kiss. We continued to kiss until the driver announced that we made it to our destination.

“Okay baby close your eyes and I will led you to where we are going.” Jason said to me as he took my hand and led me out of the limo and into the cool breeze out to the back of our favorite restaurant.

“Okay, Jenna when I tell you to I want you to open your eyes.” Jason said to me as he got down on one knee and held out a sparkling diamond in the shape of a heart.

“Ready...one...two...three...open!” I gasped and tears began to form in my eyes.

“Don't say a word sweetheart. I want to be with you forever. Your the other half of my heart. My every breath of every...” In the middle of the Jason's sentence the song Madly, Truly, Deeply started playing and Jason took me into his arms and we started to dance. “Baby...Your my every breath, of everyday please give me the honor and be my wife.”

“Oh my gosh, Jason of course I'll be your wife.”

Jason got back down one knee and gently slipped the ring onto my finger, and we continued to dance as our families and friends started to dance around us. Jason had the whole back of the restaurant decorated with lights and tables the shine of the moon reflected on the lake. There was food and drinks, tonight, May 13th, was as perfect as Jason had pictured it would be. They ate, drank, and danced till midnight. People began to leave and say their goodbyes and congratulations. Jason called the limo driver and we sat and waited.

“Jason, this was the best surprise ever. Maybe you'll get a surprised tonight.”

“Jenna, sweetheart you don't have to do that for me.”

“I'm not, I'm doing it for us.”

The limo pulled up and Jason and I got in. The whole ride back to my house was quiet, we just smiled at each other, with a satisfied feeling of an amazing night. We walked into the house hand in hand. I unlocked the front door and I led Jason to my bedroom. Jason sat on the bed and i took his face in hands and gave my fiance a passionate kiss.

“Jenna, what are you trying to do?”

“Nothing, Jason...just thanking you for tonight. I love you” And with that said I slipped off my dress and climbed into bed with Jason and drifted off into a deep sleep.

Two weeks after Jason and I got engaged we were on our way to meet the wedding planner at her office. I hadn't said much since we left Jason apartment. Jason had mentioned something about moving but I tried to stay away from that subject as much as possible.

“Jenna are you okay honey?”

“Yeah, I'm fine baby.”

“Okay, baby. I just wanted to make sure that your okay.”

But in reality I wasn't okay. I just couldn't stop thinking about what happened Saturday night. Jason had to work late so I called Paul, my best guy friend over to hang out. Paul and I had been best friends since freshman year in high school. I couldn't stop thinking about what happened. How was I supposed to tell Jason that I slept with Paul. Lost in thought I suddenly realized that Jason was talking to me.

“Jenna, we are here, baby are you sure you're okay?”

“Huh? Oh, yeah I'm fine.” I replied as I slowly got out of the car.

“Okay, Hun, you just seem really distracted.” Jason replied as he took my hand and we walked into Wedding Planners.

Emily, our wedding planner, was waiting for us in a nice little room at the office. We all introduced each other and sat down to begin planning a wedding that may or may not happen. Jason and I had a compromise that needed to be made.

“But Jason I want to get married in May.”

“Jenna, honey October would be so much nicer.”

“Jason it will be cold in October and I want to get married outside.”

Emily just sat there, not knowing what to do. She had never run into this kind of problem before. She just sat there listening to us going back and fourth about the ups and downs of the month we had each chosen.

“Jenna, Jason, maybe there is a way to compromise.”

“I don't know how Emily.” I muttered.

“Okay, well, do you two have a color picked out?”

“I think we pretty much decided on lavender. Right Jason?”

“Yeah we did.”

“Oh, that's the perfect color for May. Jason, how about you pick the the honeymoon spot and Jenna can pick the month. How does that sounds?”

“I think it's great.” I replied

“Me to..” Jason smiled as he kissed me on the cheek.

“Perfect! Then let's talk actual dates.”

“I want to get married on the 13th. The day that Jason purposed.” I blurted out to Emily and smiled over at Jason.

“Awe, babe I think that's perfect.”

“That's great. Jenna, the church is opened that day too, so would you like me to call and book the church for that day?”

“Yes thank you so much Emily.”

I could not wait to get home and take a nap, since I haven't been able to sleep at all. I kept dreaming about what happened on Saturday.

On the chilly May morning all I could think about was my soon not to be husband, but Paul the guy that I cheated on my fiance with. I finally realized that I am the one that is fact pulling away from Jason. I have been so distant, making up excuses not to stay overnight at his house, not being as open. “This is all my fault.” I said as I poured a cup off coffee and walked out to the back porch to sit. I keeping thinking that Jason probably thinks that it is his fault that I am acting like this but he has no idea that I gave up my virginity for another man.

Sitting outside in my purple robe and a cup of hot coffee all I could think of was Jason. Someone I trusted, who I was going to marry, the man I gave my everything for, and I was sitting outside looking at a picture of not Jason, but Paul.

I just sat there thinking about how amazing, magical, Saturday night was. It was everything I ever wished for it to be. The entire night Jason never once entered my mind at all. I felt free with Paul. I couldn't stop looking at the picture of Paul and I in MY bed together just laughing. If Jason ever found out about this he would die. I was his everything. But I wasn't sure how long I could hold on to this secret. I needed to talk to someone. So, I got up and walked into the kitchen, picked up the phone and called Paul.

“Morning beautiful.”

“Oh, Paul how did you know it was me?”

“You told me last night after we talked that you were going to call me in the morning.” Paul laughed.

“Oh, right I did. Are you busy at the moment?”

“No, not at all princess. Why? Are you okay Jenna?”

“Yeah, but can you come over now? I just need my best friend right now.”

“I understand princess. I'll be right over.”

“Thanks.” And with that I hung up the phone smiling.

I wasn't exactly sure why I asked Paul to come over, but it didn't matter. Nothing mattered anymore expect for the fact that I knew my relationship with Jason was over for good. I wasn't sure when Paul would be there so I refilled my coffee cup and walked into the living room to work on my book. I began writing. The leaves brushed her cheeks as she walked through the crowded park, not knowing what she was doing, or where she was going. She just kept walking.

Paul got there about half an hour after we had talked on the phone. As soon as he walked in the door I jumped off the couch and jumped into Paul's arms and pecked him on the lips.

“Wow, I sure wasn't expecting that princess.”

“Oh, you didn't like it?”

“What?! Of course I do.” Paul laughed as he set me softly back on the floor. “How are you this morning princess.”

“I'm okay babe.”

“You sure? You don't look okay.”

“Well, I'm trying to figure out how to tell Jason about us. Paul I want to be with you. I love you and always have.”

“Oh, Jenna. You don't know how long I have been waiting for you to say that.” he replied lovingly.

“Really?” I whispered and kissed Paul.

“Yes, Princess.” Paul told me and replied with a more passionate kiss.

The two of them feel into another world kissing and whispering sweet nothings to each other. SLAM! We pulled apart at the slam of the door.

“What the HELL is going on?” Jason stammered.

I looked down at my hand

“Answer me dammit!” Jason yelled.

I took off the engagement ring Jason had given me and handed it to him.

“Jason I am sorry but I love Paul.” I whispered as I started to cry and walked slowly back to my room. Paul walked after leaving Jason just standing in the living room. Jason was beyond shocked, he didn't understand. He set the ring on the desk and quietly walked out of the house shutting the door for the last time.

After Jason had left Paul and I just laid in my bed talking. I cried for awhile, but Paul just laid there holding me. We decided that we were going to on a real date tonight. I had fallen asleep and Paul didn't want to wake me so he left me a note.
Princess:

Your sleeping so soundly and I didn't want to wake up. I'll be back around 5 to take you to dinner. Love you beautiful princess.

Love,

Paul
I woke up around noon, to Paul's note and a white rose. I couldn't believe that he remembered that my favorite flower was a white rose. He is so amazingly sweet. I got up and walked to the kitchen and I found another note on the table.
Hey Princess:

I guess your awake now if you are reading this. I left a little present for in the fridge. Enjoy honey. See you in a few hours.

Love,

Paul

I opened the fridge to find my favorite lunch, toasted bread with tuna and lettuce, along with chips and a glass of wine. I thought to myself how amazing it is to have someone do these sweet little surprises for me. I smiled, took the food and went into the the living room to watch some TV. I turned on the afternoon news and began to eat my lunch when I noticed something sparkling on the desk corner. I set my plate on the end table and walked over to the desk, and said to myself “Jason left the ring.” I almost started to cry, but then I remembered Paul and his smiling face, so I put the ring in the box and put it in a drawer in the desk. I happened to look at the clock and realized that it was almost two o'clock. So I walked into the bathroom and started a bath. I decided to call Paul really quick to see what I should wear tonight.

“Hey babe.”

“Hi, princess. Everything okay?”

“Yup. I just wanted to know what I should wear tonight.”

“You can wear whatever you like sweetie.”

“Okay well my bath is ready. Love you babe. See you soon.”

“Love you more my princess.”

They both hung up smiling and I got into a relaxing lavender bath. I finally decided she had to get out and I put a comfy pair of jeans on that seemed a little tighter than the last time that she wore them, but I thought nothing of it. I couldn't decide between a black ruffled shirt or a purple silk shirt. I sat down at my mirror and pulled the sides of my brown curly hair into a clip. I put on some purple eye shadow and decided on my black ruffled shirt with a jean jacket. I got my silver ballet flats out of the closet and looked at the clock it was 4:30 and I knew Paul would be early he always was. As soon as I walked into the kitchen the phone rang.

“Hello.”

“Hey sweetie, its mom.”

“Hey! How are you and dad doing?”

“We are fine, Jenna...Jason called a few minutes ago, and told us something about you two breaking up...it is true?”

“Well, mom it is true. It only happened this morning. But, I know it's upsetting and everything, but I have some news that will make you and dad happy.”

“Really?”

“Yup. I actually left Jason for someone else.”

“Jenna, I don't see how that would make your father and I happy.”
Paul walked in the door and came and pecked me on the lips and whispered “you ready” I giggled and put my hand over the mouthpiece on the phone “.Paul my mother is on the phone” I whispered.

“Sorry mom Paul's here. Have to go. Oh by the way , Paul is who I left Jason for.”

“Really? Oh, Jenna that does makes us happy. Have fun tonight. We love you sweetie.”

“Bye, mom. Love you guys too.” I hung up the phone and then jumped into Paul's arms and kissed him “I'm ready now.”

“Great sweetie, let's go.”
Paul drove all the way to Central Park, holding my hand.

“Paul I thought we were going out to dinner?”

“We are princess.” Paul said as he helped me out of the car and started walking over to a big tree. I gasped at what I saw. Paul had set up a blanket with food and red wine, it was simply amazing. The last time I remember Paul doing this for me was when my grandmother died. Paul sat down against the big oak tree and I sat down in between his legs and leaned my head against his chest. Paul held out a picture in front of me. The frame was a shiny silver and at the bottom it had the words “The Perfect Picture, I love you forever” written on it. The picture that was in the frame was the picture of Paul and I in my bed laughing the night that we made love for the first time. I couldn't believe that Paul had done all this for me. He had chocolate strawberries, chicken salad, red wine, and frozen fruit, just the way I like it. I just couldn't believe that he remembered all this stuff about me. Our first official date and it was in Central Park! It couldn't get any better than this.

“Paul this is best thank you!”

“Your welcome princess, you deserve it all.” Paul pecked me on the lips.
All I could do was smile, I finally felt relaxed. I wasn't second guessing anything anymore. Paul made me feel free. We ate, well Paul fed me. It was an amazing time. I loved every single moment of it.

“Princess I have an idea.”

“Really, what would that idea be?”
We put the blanket and the basket back into the car, and he turned around looked at me and said :jump on my back.”

“Wait, what? Paul, you want me to jump on your back?”

“Yeah, we are going to go swing on the swings like we did when we were in high school.”

“Oookkkkaaayyy.” I giggled and jumped on Paul's back, and he started to walk towards the swings. We sat on the swings and kissed, till it started to rain. I swear that was the fastest I have ever in the 6 almost 7 years I have known Paul I have seen him run. He snatched me up and threw me over his shoulder, if I remember correctly he told me he didn't want me to get my shoes messed up. Once we got back into the car neither one of us could stop laughing. Paul and I were soaking wet.

Once we stopped laughing Paul asked “your place or mine.”

“Yours is fine babe.”

“Okay.” Paul replied and and started driving towards his house, which I haven't been to since we were seniors in high school. I was actually getting a little nervous, about seeing Paul's parents again. I mean Paul and I hung out once in awhile but never like we used to when we were in high school. We almost got into Paul's room without his parent's noticing until Paul turned around to shut the door and there standing in front of us was his mother.

“Oh my gosh! Jenna! How are you darling?” she asked and embraced me in a hug.

“I am wonderful. Mrs. Jenkins.”

“Okay, mom can you give us a minute?” Paul asked his mom while the two of us stood there dripping wet.

“Sure Paul.”
Paul sat down on his bed after shutting the bedroom door, “sorry about that princess.”

“It's fine babe.” I said and pecked Paul on the lips, then sat on his lap, “you have a nice little place built on to the house. A bedroom and a bathroom with a washer and dryer.” I smiled and looked Paul in the eyes.

“Thanks baby.” Paul got up and handed me a towel.

“Aren't you going to shower with me??” I asked him with puppy dog eyes.

“Of course, princess” Paul laughed “the towel is for us.”

Paul threw our clothes into the wash and started a bath for us. Paul is amazing, I know I keep saying that but it is true! He washed my hair for me and everything. I have never had any guy treat me so well. Paul is my prince and I am his princess. After our bath we went and laid under the covers in Paul's bed just talking.

“Paul?”

“Yes, Princess?”

“How come this never happened before? I mean us. Why didn't we ever realize that we were meant for each other until now?”

“Jenna, I don't know. But I do know that it is just one of those magical things that we have to embrace and hold on to tight.” Paul kissed my head and hugged me tight.

“Oh, Paul that was so perfectly said.”

Paul and I were sitting on his bedroom floor looking at yearbooks and some photo albums from when we were in high school, when his mom knocked on the door.

“Yes mom?” Paul asked.

“Jenna, can I talk to you for a minute?”

“Sure, Mrs. Jenkins.”
Paul and I gave each other a pretty weird look and I walked out and into the kitchen. I sat down on the stool across from Paul's mom.

“Jenna, can I ask you something?”

“Sure.”

“Are you and Paul...um....dating?”

“Actually, we are. Why? It only happened this morning.”

“Oh, no reason. Just being curious. How have you been doing? It's been a couple of years since Tom and I last saw you.”

“I have been okay.” I answered as a silent tear rolled down my cheek

“Jenna, are you okay?” Sarah stood and grabbed me into a hug

“I'll be fine.” I told her as I started to cry. Paul walked in and took me into a hug.

“Are you okay Princess?”

“Yeah, I'll be fine.”

“Paul, Jenna, what's going on with you two?”

“Jenna, why don't you go lay down, I'll talk to my mom.”

“Okay, babe.” I said and kissed Paul and hugged his mom. I went and laid in Paul's bed and eventually feel asleep.

“Mom, what happened?”

Nothing, Paul. I just asked her how she was and she started to cry.”

“Okay. I'm just making sure.”

“Paul, what's exactly going on with you two?”

“Mom, it's a complicated story, but if you really need to know I can tell you.”

“Can you please tell me. I want to understand this.”

“Okay mom. Let's go sit in the living room.”
They went and sat down in the living room Sarah in the brown wooden rocking chair and Paul on the white couch.

“Okay, well, do you remember me telling you that Jenna had a boyfriend?”

“Yes, I do. I think you said his name was Jason.”

“Yes, it was. Well, they got engaged on the 13th, which I didn't know anything about, but on Saturday, I went over to Jenna's, she wanted someone to hang out with since Jason was working.”

“I remember you telling me that you were going over to a friends house, but you didn't tell me you were going to Jenna's.”

“I don't know mom, for some reason, I didn't. Anyways, we hung out for awhile watched a movie, and then Jenna went to get is drinks and when she came back and sat on the couch she kissed me. Mom, you have no idea how amazing it felt, so natural, like we have kissed before.”

“Paul are.....”

“Mom, please let me finish. Anyways it all went down from there. I know you probably don't want to know this but Jenna and I slept together. Jenna told me she loved me and that she never felt more comfortable with anyone else. Mom, I love Jenna with all my heart and I always have. We want to be together for the rest of our lives. Did you see the look in her eyes when she walked into the kitchen earlier? Her face shines, you can see the love in her eyes. Its amazing mom.”

“Wow, Paul. I'm really happy for you two. Your dad will be happy to.”

“ I know he will. Thanks mom.”

Paul got up and hugged his mom and then walked back to his room to find that his princess was sleeping. Paul laid down and wrapped his arms around me and pulled a blanket on us. And we both slept till the next morning.

I was awoke to the sound of my cell ringing at 8 this morning.

“Hello.....” I answered sleepy.

“Hi, Baby. It's mom.”

“Oh, hey mom. What's up?”

“Nothing much, just wanted to see if you and Paul wanted to come for dinner tonight.”

“I would love to, hold on let me make sure Paul doesn't have to work.”

“Okay, baby. Just call me back and let me know.”

“I will. Love you mom.”

“Love you to Jenna.”

I hung up the phone and rolled over to see that Paul was gone. But then I smelled breakfast and smiled. He made me breakfast. Gosh, he really does love me and I really do love him. So, I got up and walked into the kitchen.

“Morning Princess.”

“Morning Paul.” I kissed and gave him a loving hug. “Morning Mrs. Jenkins.”

“Morning Jenna. Did you sleep well?”

“I did actually. Thanks”

“Jenna, darling!” I heard from behind me. Paul's dad walked into the kitchen

“ Morning Mr. Jenkins.” I said with a big smile.

“How are you?”

“Wonderful, thanks.”

“Paul, my mom called this morning. She wants us to come for dinner with her and my dad tonight.”

“Really?”

“Yeah, are you working tonight?”

“No, I'm not princess.” Paul replied as he handed me a plate with eggs, toast, bacon, and fruit.

“Thanks Hun. Okay, well, I actually have to work from 10-4 today. So, do you mind giving me a ride home soon?”

“Not at all princess. Do you know what time dinner is?”

“No, I have to call my mom back.”

“Okay, I'm going to jump in shower and then we can leave.”

“Okay.”

Paul took a shower while I finished eating. I talked to his parents for a little bit, before they left for work. Paul walked into the living room

“Ready to go baby?”

“Yeah, but I am not looking forward to being away from you.”

“Awe me either, princess.”

The ride back to my house was quiet. But it was a good quiet. I couldn't stop smiling. Work was uneventful and all I could think about was Paul. Dinner was at five, which meant that I had 45 minutes to make myself look presentable for my parents. Paul came over right after I got home from work to see me. I always hated having dinner with my parents and my boyfriend. They always somehow end up forgetting that I am there. But anyways as soon as Paul walked in the door and closed it I pushed him up against the door and kissed him passionately, letting both our bodies lose complete control. In the process of getting to my room Paul knocked over two plants and an end table. Paul plus carrying me equals a mess. I couldn't stop laughing.

Laying with my head resting gently on Paul's chest was just a simply amazing feeling, but then my cell phone rang...I couldn't remember where it went. I got up out of bed and looked around and then saw my pants under the bed. I giggled and thought to myself “oh there it is.” I quickly answered my phone and climbed back into bed and snuggled up to Paul as he put an arm around me and held me tight.

“Hello?”

“Jenna Marie Williams!!! Where are you!?!”

“Mom?” I looked over at the clock “Oh my gosh! It's almost six.”

“Jenna, where are you? Your father and I are very worried.”

I looked over at Paul, smiled, and whispered to my mom “um...in bed with Paul.”

“Oh God, Jenna please, just get over here as soon as you can. You know how your father gets.”

“I know mama. We will be there by seven. Love you.” I hung up the phone and got out of bed.

“Where are you going princess?”

“To shower and get dressed. I told my mom we would be there by seven.”

Paul jumped out of bed and said to me “I'm coming with you.”

“Princess where are my pants?”

“Um...I think on the couch in the living room.”

Paul came back into my room with shirt and pants, and I just stood there giggling like a little school girl.

“Do you know where your clothes are Jenna?”

“Um...my pants are under the bed and my shirt is on top of the TV, I think my bra is in the sheets, but...where the hell are my panties?”

Paul started laughing and held up his left hand that held my black lace panties. I could not believe him! I ran over and jumped on him wrapping my legs around him trying to reach for my panties. He suddenly dropped them and wrapped his arms around me and kissed me. We went and took a shower together got dressed and we were out the door by six-thirty.

In the two minutes it took my mom to open the door, I was so sacred, mostly for Paul. The last time we saw my parents was sophomore year in high school after Paul and I got in a fist fight. And before I could run away my mother opened the door.

“Hey you two, come on in.”

“Hi, Mom!” I walked into the living room holding Paul's hand so tight I was almost hurting him.

My dad was sitting on the couch when we walked in, and he was smiling...it scared me even more.

“Hi Daddy.” I stammered and hugged him.

“Hi, Jenna.” He hugged me back and then said hi to Paul.

“Jenna, Paul, Jake, dinner is ready.” My mom called from the kitchen. It was hard to even think the right way, my dad was being nice, I was with Paul. But really could it get any better than this? We all sat down for dinner. My mother at one end and my dad at the other, and Paul and I across from each other. For awhile it was quiet, Paul and I just ate and stared into each others eyes. It was great, I felt like we were the only two people in the room until my dad started to talk.

“So, Paul what are you doing for work? Or are you in college?”

“I'm actually working my dad, but going to college as well.” Paul answered, as he stared into my eyes.

“What does your father do?”

“He owns a car shop. And I go in on the days I don't have class and help him do things around the shop, and in return he helps me pay some of my college debts.”

“That sounds like a great arrangement. Jenna's not in college. She is working in a department store and trying to write a book. I think she should be in college, instead.”

“Well, I actually think Jenna is doing fine. I read her book it's really good.”

My mother whispered “Jake please don't do this.”

“Okay, Claire, I won't. I'm done.”

“Thanks you Jake. Jenna have you sent your book to anyone?”

“I did, and she sent it back with her recommended fixes. So, I'm working on fixing the book up.”

“That's great darling.”

The rest of dinner was quiet and I'm glad my dad let the whole me not going to college, thing alone. Once we were all done with dinner it was almost 9 and Paul had to work in the morning. So we left and on the way home we decided to stay at my place tonight instead of going back to Paul's.

When Paul and I got back to my apartment I unlocked the door and walked in and stepped on something. It was a note, that had my name on the front. I had no idea where or who it was from. Paul and I sat on the couch as I began reading.

Dear Jenna,

I'm writing this to you, because I thought you need to her what I have to say. I love you Jenna I really do. I have for the last two years. I loved you the moment I first saw you. I think it is horrible, what you have done to me. What does he have that I don't? I just don't understand it. Did I do something wrong? I know you probably won't reply to this and I don't expect you to. But I do want you to meet me at our favorite spot at the park on Wednesday at eleven pm.

Love Jason

I was absolutely shocked. I never really saw this side of Jason. What the hell was I supposed to do? Should I go see him or should I ignore his request? Paul said it was something I had to decide for myself. I decided I should at least go and see what Jason wants. I took a deep breath and laid my head on Paul's shoulder.

“I love you.”

“I love you to princess.” Paul said as he laid down on the couch and I laid down with my head on his chest and just laid there. We didn't have to say anything we knew what the other was thinking.

on Sep. 7 2011 at 8:53 am
Monkee63 SILVER, Independence, Kentucky

"Live, Life Love"

That was a mistakes. plus one of my issues when I write. I don't pay attetion to the POV...but I tried to fix as much of it as I could...although I sort of stopped writting this story

on Aug. 24 2011 at 5:06 pm
MiNdLeSsLuVeRgIrL BRONZE, Kenly, North Carolina

If you love something let it go, if it comes back its yours if it doesn't, it never was!

Really good but y do you keep switching the point of view

Mystiecub said...
on Jun. 15 2011 at 7:47 am
that's realy good! i'm interested in what happens next though :)