Unorthodox Angel

Author's note: I wrote this for my grandpa, as he passed away in September of 2010.
Author's note: I wrote this for my grandpa, as he passed away in September of 2010.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12 Next »

Chapter Six; Jakobie

Phoenix definitely held on. She was a smart-aleck, too. She wasn’t about to do anything anyone told her to do without a fight. She soon found that she wasn’t going to get anywhere arguing, so she soon gave up on everything. She was able to get up and move around before too long, first having to drag around her IV stand, then having to carry a water bottle if she didn’t want the stand. The IV stayed in the form of a tube taped to her hand to allow anything to be given without another injection.
When I wasn’t attending to someone else, I walked beside her and her aunt, watching her look into rooms with people who would never leave this place, or simply looking in amazement at machines and other things. They would talk, I would listen. They would never notice I was there. I never wanted her to see me, for fear of maybe scaring her into a heart attack, or for fear of her thinking I was a stalker. I kind of was, I guess. An invisible one. There were some close calls where I thought maybe she saw me, but one encounter really changed things.

ZoePaliski said...
I lost my dad so I understand how you feel about your grandpa. I loved the story, and the last part about your grandpa was so sweet. Keep writing!

RoseLuvsTulips said...
I read the end of the chapter and I was AWW! Then I read the part to your grandpa and I almost cried. Great story though!

Love_Jesus18 said...
Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:05 am:
love the story i am glad that it was like twilight and it was very beautiful but i am so sorry about your grandpa....

poemluv said...
Sept. 17, 2012 at 11:49 am:
I love it! It's amazing and touching(:

nemish23 said...
Mar. 23, 2012 at 5:10 pm:

It's a little bit like twilight but apart from that it's a great story! I love the characters, especially their names, they are beautiful.

I'm sorry about your grandfather. I lost a relative too and then wrote a story based on it too. 'From My Heart' if you wanna check it out.

It's funny how writing sometimes helps us grieve right?

But keep writing, you have an awesome talent :)

Winged.Living.Free.This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 3, 2012 at 6:49 pm:
Beautiful! And I'm happy for your Grandpa. :)(:

Roselove445This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 10, 2012 at 5:54 pm:
That was so good please keep writing i would love to read more!!! :)

BluBirdWriter13 said...
i cried during half of it its so beautifuel

BelleRoy said...
Jan. 20, 2012 at 5:39 am:
This is amazing. You are a terrific writer, and I bet your grandpa is so proud of you and is looking out for you everyday. Thank you for writing this.

Jeera said...
This story is really good and it's pure. :) I like it a lot and your comment at the end is really sweet. I'm sure your grandpa loves it :)

JustCallMeSarah said...
Oct. 16, 2011 at 10:54 am:
It wont let me add this as a favorite! DX Beautifuly written, loved it =)

no1texastiger said...
Aww! I loved this story! Fantastic job!

SilverLuna said...
Pretty dang good!(:

laurenangela replied...
Sept. 21, 2011 at 4:15 pm :
thank you!

LilLover5-15 said...
Aug. 11, 2011 at 10:41 am:
LOVE IT!Absolutley love it

. replied...
Aug. 11, 2011 at 12:58 pm :
thank you!

. replied...
Aug. 11, 2011 at 12:58 pm :
Thank you!

AnyaLafayaa said...
This story is so amazing! There's not one spelling error, it's sweet, and has a spectacular plot. I'm completely impressed. Honestly, this story deserves to be number one, it's so heart warming and written well. I'm positive your grandfather is proud of you. Nice work!

laurenangela replied...
Aug. 3, 2011 at 7:54 pm :
thank you so much!

Bookworm1998 said...
Jul. 3, 2011 at 10:41 pm:
beautiful story! i love both of your main characters and i love how cautious and well-minded Phoenix is. i just wish that the story could last longer :)