Unorthodox Angel

Author's note: I wrote this for my grandpa, as he passed away in September of 2010.
Author's note: I wrote this for my grandpa, as he passed away in September of 2010.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 10 11 12

Epilouge; Phoenix

I’d been nervous going to something important, but this took the cake. I had just introduced Jakobie to Aunt Penny and Uncle Jerry that morning, and that evening, we were going to the dance. They didn’t quite approve of Jakobie’s tattoos, but he convinced them that he was okay. I signed out early to go with Aunt Penny to get a dress because she was tickled pink that I had a boy ask me to the school dance.
We settled on one that was red, strapless, and showed off my curves. I had silver and diamond heels, and I wore my brown hair down and curled. The only bad thing was half of my scar (stitches removed!) showed, and it was still red and swollen slightly. Aunt Penny started digging through one of her many jewelry boxes. She pulled out a beautiful and intricate diamond and silver necklace. She placed it around my neck and it covered the scar perfectly.
Aunt Penny gave me one final look-over, and approved me with a smile and a hug.
“Uncle Jerry’s down there with your guy friend,” she said.
“He’ll scare him off,” I joked.
“He won’t be too hard. He knows Jakobie really likes you,” she said and hugged me again. Aunt Penny went to the door and shouted down the stairs, “Roll out the red carpet!” She smiled at me and walked me to the door. I took a deep breath, and walked down the stairs. I looked at Jakobie. He was very handsome in a black suit with a white shirt. He smiled.
“Wow,” he said.
“I second that,” Uncle Jerry said. I reached out and took Jakobie’s hand.
“Don’t be too hard on her. She’s not made of steel,” said Uncle Jerry.
“Found that out the hard way,” I said. Jakobie smiled.
“Don’t do anything dumb,” Uncle Jerry said.
“Didn’t plan on it,” I said.
“Have fun,” said Aunt Penny.
“Will do,” Jakobie said, and led me outside. The sun was setting, and I gazed upon a brand new black Shelby Cobra.
“Nice car,” I said.
“Thanks,” said Jakobie as the opened the door for me. After he shut it, he went to the driver’s side, and we headed to school. We pulled up, and some students parked the car. We walked in, and was greeted by a blast of pop music. I saw a lot of kids I knew dancing with their boyfriends and girlfriends. My friend Jamie looked at me and waved. I waved back.
“Why don’t you sit for a moment?” Jakobie asked. I nodded. He led me to a bench and sat me down. “I’ll be right back,” he said. I nodded again. Before too long, Marissa Clark came prancing over with her jock boyfriend.
“All by yourself? Sorry no one finds you attractive,” she sneered.
“I have someone,” I said.
“Really? Is he blind?” she snapped. Right on time, Jakobie came and took my hand as I stood up.
“Excuse us,” he said with a hint of sarcasm. I think Marissa’s jaw dropped a little, and her boyfriend definitely looked intimidated. We passed just as Ke$ha’s ‘Dancing With Tears in My Eyes’ came on. “Shall we dance?” asked Jakobie.
“Good luck with that,” I said. Other kids and their dates came out to slow dance. He put my hands on his shoulders, and put his hands on my waist. We moved so slow that we were almost standing still.
“Why’d you cover your scar?” he asked.
“It’s not fun to look at,” I said.
“It’s who you are,” he said.
“That doesn’t mean I accept it,”
“You need to,”
“There’s a lot of things I need to do, aren’t there?” I said. He paused for a moment.
“Do you believe me yet?” he asked.
“No comment,” I said.
“You need to,” he repeated.
“Okay, you’re starting to bum me out,” I said. He smiled. “If you are an angel, I love you. If you’re not, I still love you. No more or less,” I said. He smiled again. He came close to me.
“You need to,” he whispered, and touched his lips to mine.

Started November 2, 2010
Finished November 20, 2010 11:08 P.M

For Grandpa; I know angels led you to heaven, and I want them-and you-to lead me there, too. This page will be stained with tears, for I cry as I write.
I love and miss you dearly.
You are finally home.
1924-2010
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 10 11 12

This book has 48 comments. Post your own now!

ZoePaliski said...
I lost my dad so I understand how you feel about your grandpa. I loved the story, and the last part about your grandpa was so sweet. Keep writing!

RoseLuvsTulips said...
I read the end of the chapter and I was AWW! Then I read the part to your grandpa and I almost cried. Great story though!

Love_Jesus18 said...
Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:05 am
love the story i am glad that it was like twilight and it was very beautiful but i am so sorry about your grandpa....

poemluv said...
Sept. 17, 2012 at 11:49 am
I love it! It's amazing and touching(:

nemish23 said...

It's a little bit like twilight but apart from that it's a great story! I love the characters, especially their names, they are beautiful.

I'm sorry about your grandfather. I lost a relative too and then wrote a story based on it too. 'From My Heart' if you wanna check it out.

It's funny how writing sometimes helps us grieve right?

But keep writing, you have an awesome talent :)

Winged.Living.Free.This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Beautiful! And I'm happy for your Grandpa. :)(:

Roselove445This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
That was so good please keep writing i would love to read more!!! :)

BluBirdWriter13 said...
i cried during half of it its so beautifuel

BelleRoy said...
Jan. 20, 2012 at 5:39 am
This is amazing. You are a terrific writer, and I bet your grandpa is so proud of you and is looking out for you everyday. Thank you for writing this.

Jeera said...
This story is really good and it's pure. :) I like it a lot and your comment at the end is really sweet. I'm sure your grandpa loves it :)

JustCallMeSarah said...
Oct. 16, 2011 at 10:54 am
It wont let me add this as a favorite! DX Beautifuly written, loved it =)

no1texastiger said...
Aww! I loved this story! Fantastic job!

SilverLuna said...
Pretty dang good!(:

laurenangela replied...
thank you!

LilLover5-15 said...
Aug. 11, 2011 at 10:41 am
LOVE IT!Absolutley love it

. replied...
thank you!

. replied...
Thank you!

AnyaLafayaa said...
This story is so amazing! There's not one spelling error, it's sweet, and has a spectacular plot. I'm completely impressed. Honestly, this story deserves to be number one, it's so heart warming and written well. I'm positive your grandfather is proud of you. Nice work!

laurenangela replied...
thank you so much!

Bookworm1998 said...
beautiful story! i love both of your main characters and i love how cautious and well-minded Phoenix is. i just wish that the story could last longer :)