Trinity | Teen Ink

Trinity

January 15, 2019
By Anonymous

“ Do I have to drive?”

Fiona looks to David for help or some sort of backup. She gets nothing, huffing and rolling her eyes she complies with Oliver.   

“Okay fine, you win let’s go, I thought girls were the ones supposed to take forever to get ready.”

“Chill Fiona not all of us are going out to the pub to drink some of us are looking for dates we don’t all have a relationship like you..”

“ ok but Peter is in France for the rest of the year, this is the only fun I get to have and your ruining my fun, why can’t you drive… I’ll owe you one”

Just then David pipes up saying he’ll drive if it will shut up their bickering and begging. David is their other friend, they are in college and it’s always been the three boys and Fiona since high school. Truth is Fiona has been thinking about everything with Peter being away, and her being left at home…she doesn’t feel like she’s getting what she wants out of the relationship.

“Come on earth to Fiona, I’m almost ready.” David gets in front of her face waving his hand back and forth. She came back from her day dream and looked at David he was wearing a white v-neck that clung to his body tightly, his tattoo sleeves were on show and his blue jeans fit just right, Fiona shook her head and walked away towards the door “Well come on then.” He stayed still for a second then caught up with Fiona looking a little confused.

“C’mon slowpokes you’re both ready lets go, I want to get to the pub.” Fiona quickly paces to the door.

Annoyed david says “Alright, alright Fiona can’t wait to get a drink in you so you can relax….”

-------- after the car ride in the bar--------


“Another one Tom” the bartender slides another glass towards Fiona as Oliver gets up and walked away, They frequented this bar and the bartender all knew them by name and was friendly with them.

“ Well Where’s Peter haven’t seen him in awhile, finally work up the courage to dump the fool?” Tom asked to a very intoxicated Fiona.

“He’s away in france for the semester, I don’t quite like being left at home though for 5 months… you know Tom?”

“I can see that Fiona, here’s my next question…. What does your heart want now? “

“ I think you know that answer Tom…” she turned around to search for David, she found him talking to another girl. She instantly got jealous, he turned to look for Fiona at the bar and caught her eyes he looked for a minute turned around said bye to the girl then walked back towards Fiona.

“ Alright what’s wrong Fi? You were giving me the puppy eyes.” Fiona wanted to say how she was jealous and just wanted his attention how she wanted to go home and stay the night with him, and her drunk self almost did but all that came out was “ Wanna just hangout with me tonight?” Fiona regretted even saying that much.

“ If you want me to I will… you look wasted Fiona maybe we should have Tom cut you off and take you back home.” David’s face showed concern.

“ Yeah! Let’s go home can we? Pretty pleaseeeeeeeee” Fiona started to act like a kid when she’s drunk.

“Alright let me go tell Oliver we are going so he can come with us or catch a cab.”

Fiona was happy to be getting his attention for once she didn’t know her intentions were with David, but she knows she was happier just thinking about David than she was being with Peter.

** later on that same night in the boys dorms**

Fiona had showered and took some of David’s clothes as pajamas, he was in the other room setting up the living room for a movie. The boys flat was a two bedroom, on the bigger side of  housing at their school.

David knocked on the door “Fiona are you dressed?”

She was wearing one of his sweatshirts and sweatpants which were huge on her small frame, Fiona glanced down at her outfit and shrugged to herself.

“Yes come in.” Fiona was starting to sober up a little it was almost 2am, a few hours since the bar episode.

“You look a lot better now, ready for the movie?” he looked shy about asking.

“Yeah! Let’s go, did you find the notebook?” Fiona wanted to snuggle into his side on the couch.


“Yes now c’mon fi, let’s go.” David looked eager to do the same.

And while neither of them knew what was to come of the night, and neither of them talked. Both knew that lying there in eachothers arms was all they wanted and needed for the night.



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.