Happy with what I had | Teen Ink

Happy with what I had

December 31, 2018
By DJAlyss GOLD, El,paso, Texas
More by this author
DJAlyss GOLD, El,paso, Texas
12 articles 1 photo 25 comments

Favorite Quote:
Practice doesn't make perfect,
Practice makes Permanent


                My name is Christina. I may not be the most “popular” kid at school but I am not a complete loser either. I do have a good amount of friends you could say. Including my best friend Juliana. She wants to be a DJ. I mean I believe in her. In fact, I offered her a future “First real gig” as the DJ of my Quince.

                Including a decent list of friends is my boyfriend, Marcus. He is the sweetest person you will ever meet. He is so kind and caring. He is the best in all honesty, he really is. We met in the seventh grade. I had just moved schools. I have always been shy and quiet and kept to myself. In the seventh grade however, I was the most happy, social, open book anyone could have ever imagined. I got along with everyone. My true self really bloomed I guess.

                I mean in all honestly I guess I really have actually always been this way, I just never knew it. Therefore, that was just the way I was, people were attracted to me as if I were some kind of social magnet. I remember vividly, on the second day of school I had technology first period- by the way we did literally nothing in that class but, play on the computers and use our phones. I sat smack in the middle of the row of computers.

                I was messing around with my computer when it started going crazy. The applications started closing themselves and I was very confused. I did not understand a thing that was happening. I turned to my side and asked the boy next to me, “Hey, can you fix this? You look like a kid who could help me.” I smiled warmly as I asked. He smiled back and started explaining what was wrong. However, I wasn’t listening. I knew from that moment on that I loved him.

                When the bell rang for second period, I asked him if I could see his schedule, he said sure. I saw the name at the top. Marcus. Now I know your name, I thought. As luck would have it, it turned out we had second period together as well. Our last names were close and the teacher had assigned seating in alphabetical order by last name. We were sat together. “The universe doesn’t want to separate us.” He said laughing. “I know it’s crazy.” I replied smiling.

                Those were the only classes we had together. First and second. I assume you could count lunch but I’m not counting lunch. At lunch, I made even more friends. I sat with my recently made friend, Genesis, whom I had for the previous period.

                “So…anyone spotted any cute guys yet?” Juli asked, raising her eyebrows. I instinctively blushed at looked down, trying to cover my face with my hair, which Genesis felt the need to point out. “Oh my gosh!” she exclaimed, “Chris has a crush!” She started bouncing up and down in her chair clapping gleefully. I gave her a dirty look, which she ignored.

                “Really?” Juli asked, amused at my embarrassment. “Who is it? Who is it?” said Genesis, still clapping. I ran my hand through my hair, a habit that I do when I get anxious. I sighed in defeat. I turned to look at Juli. “Well, uhm, Juli. Did you see the guy that got seated next to me in second-”, I didn’t have time to finish.

                She gasped very over exaggeratedly-might I add. “You like Marcus!” she practically screamed. I buried my face in my hands. “Could you have said that any louder?” I groaned. I uncovered my face and rolled my eyes mildly annoyed. She doesn’t seem to notice and continues talking.

                “Well I found someone.” She says smirking. “Who?” I ask thankful for the change of topic. “Well…” she continues, “I have found multiple someones.” “Oh no.” I say doing a face palm. “Well who are they?” Genesis spits out. Before Juli can answer the bell rings. We throw our trays and since no one of us have 5th period together we hug and go our separate ways. I go to History.

The author's comments:

This book is to be continued when I have more time to edit it.

                I walk into my new History class. A short curly haired woman-relatively young- is my new teacher. “Hello!” she says in a bright cheery voice, “I’m Mrs. Raymond, who might you be?” she asks. “Well my name is Christina but, most people just call me Chris,” I say. “Oh that’s wonderful Chris. Well it looks like you’re going to be sitting next to Charlotte.” She points to my seat.

                I look at my new partner. She is a very beautiful girl who looks mean and…popular dare I say? I walk over to my seat and sit down. “Hi I’m Charlotte.” She says offering a warm smile, which I return. “Hi I’m Christina but, you can call me Chris.” By the time class is over, we have become great friends and, as luck would have it, we even had last period together! We walk and talk together discussing how hard it is for us each of us coming to a new school.

                Our last class of the day is Science. Oh fun, I think sarcastically.  The teacher is boring, as well as the class. All we do is take notes. When the bell rings, we leave to go home. Charlotte and I exchange numbers so, we could talk later.

                When I hop in the car, my Mum asks me how my day was. “Good.” I reply. I am much too tired to be answering such questions. That night instead of sleeping, I think of Marcus. I smile at the thought of his smile. I eventually drift off to sleep but I am a little bit confused unto why I am falling for this boy. All I know is that I hope when I fall he will be there to catch me or that the fall won’t hurt too severely.



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.