The Weight of Love

Chapters:   1 2 3 Next »

Puppy

Soft, long, brown hair draped across dark blue jeans. A hand stroked the hair as the other held a book, chestnut eyes looked through at the book as if being able to see the face reading it. The leg she was laying on started to bounce in a slight rhythm. “Whatcha thinking about?”
Moving the book to the side, the reader looked down at the person laying in there lap, her short hair getting in her face. “What do you mean?” she chuckled as she pushed her hair behind her ear, “I’m thinking about the book.”
“no,” the long haired girl sat up, looking the other right in the eyes. “You’re worried about something. You always fidget when your worried about something.”
A comforting look came across the girls face, as she looked in the chestnut eyes of her partner. “I’m fine, but I do appreciate you looking after me like this.”
The brunet looked at her sceptical, but relaxed when she kissed her forehead nonetheless. Looking into emerald green eyes the brunette smiled a knowing smile, “it’s because your getting me a dog for christmas, isn't it?”
“We are not getting a dog.”
“Oh yes we are, and you’re getting me it for christmas, and you’re nervous because you don't know what kind I want! It’s a huskie by the way.” she was talking a mile a minute, excitement plastered across her face.
“Pepper,” the green eyed girl said with a stern look, “we move around way too much to get a dog, especially not one as big as a huskie, and you know that.”
“Yah. I know,” Pepper looked down at her knees in disappointment, than her head perked up, “but a girl can dream.”
The green eyed girl smiled and curessed pepper’s face. Leaning in pepper gave her partner a, loving, peck on the lips before standing up.
“Well, Ivy,It’s getting dark, we ought to do something about dinner don't you think?”
Looking down at her watch, Ivy stood up too. “What do you want, we can get chinese agin.”
“Nope,” Pepper had already disappeared into the kitchen.
“Than what do you want?”
Sticking her head out of the kitchen door, her long hair was already pulled into a ponytail and was trying to tie an apron around her waist, “I wanted to make something to night.” Ivy walked up to Pepper, moshining for her to turn around, and help tie her apron on.
“What are you planning to make?”
“I was thinking pasta, you know, start easy.” Pepper laughed. Ivy smiled, she loved it when Pepper cooked. It never turned out, but she always looked so happy and proud when she was done.
“Do you want any help?”
“No, it won't be like the last… couple times, I prommis. Plus you always cramp my style.”
“Ok, ok, I won't ‘cramp your style’” she said in air quoits, “but, I would still like to watch you cook, Pepper.”
Ivy gave her that nickname the first time the two met, her real name is Tessa. Pepper made mashed potatoes with so much pepper they were inedible! Yet Ivy still couldn't stop eating, if only to make her feel better.
She watched lovingly as Pepper scrambled around the kitchin to find what she needed.
“Ok,” Pepper said under her breath, “I need pasta, butter, onions, and tomato paste. Honey, do we have any tomato pasteā€½”
“Uh, yeah actually in the top cabinet. Do you need help?”
“No, I got it!” Pepper said as she reached to just open it. Ivy got up and took the tomato past down for her.
“Ivery Ann Roy!” she gasped, “what did I say about cramping my style?”
Ivy stood there, past still in hand. “Well, you gonna take it or not?” Pepper snached the paste out of her hand and mumbled a ‘thank you’ under her breath.
“No problem, sweety.” Ivy smiled, than went to sit back down. She felt a tug at the hem of her shirt, turning around she saw Pepper, face in hands.
“Can…” she sighed, “can you help me make dinner?”
“Of Course I can.” Ivy smiled.
The pasta was boiled to perfecton the sauce was delectibul. Before they sat down to eat, Pepper walked up behind her chefe and kissed her on the back of the neck. “Thank you for fixing my awful food.”
“It wasn't awful, it never is.”
“My nickname is Pepper.”
“Do you not like it? I don’t have to call you that.”
“No! You will call me Pepper till the day I die!” Ivy smiled at this nocin.
The two sat at the table and talked about the weather and work, they talked about their days and their plans for tomorrow. It was perfect.
They walked to their bedroom to get changed into their night clothes.
“Ivy?” Pepper looked concerned.
“Yes?” Ivy walked up and and gave her a hug from behind behind, her lean body pressed against peppers cervy one.
“Do… do you think this will last?”
“What do you mean?” Ivy kissed the back of her neck.
“Like don’t get me wrong, I love you, I love you so much that it hurts. But is it going to be forever?”
“Does it matter? I love you, and I am happy right now and you are too and that’s what matters. Worrying about if one of us stops loving each other some time in the future is something that is impossible to predict. Now let's go to bed.”
Pepper nodded her head in agreement. They went to lay in bed, Pepper cuddling up to Ivy. Feeling her chest rise and fall, Pepper fell to sleep from the rhythm. The weight of the thought of lost love still on her head.

Chapters:   1 2 3 Next »