The Hard Truth

Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10 Next »

The Pain

Waking up was like trying to swim to the surface of a black lagoon. I slowly opened my eyes to see Kayden sitting next to my bed with his head in his hands. “Kayden…” I croaked out and he shot up out of his chair. “Remmy! You’re ok!” “What happened…” I could barely talk. Why did my throat hurt so bad? “Josh happened,” he replied, a dark look spreading across his face. I didn’t want to see that, so I quickly changed the

I will add more in a few days! Thank you so much to every single reader!

subject. “My head hurts.” “I know, and it will, he gave you a concussion.” “What? How?” I was shocked. I knew Josh had hurt me before and even tried to kill me, but I couldn’t see how, years later, he still felt the same way. “He punched you. Right in the face. Trust me, I beat the crap out of him after that.” “Where is he now?” I coughed. “He’s in trial. Here, drink some water,” Kayden responded, handing me a glass of water that seemed to appear out of nowhere. After a few sips, my throat felt significantly better. “Wait...trial?” “My dad’s a cop. He walked in and arrested Josh on the spot.   I glanced down and gasped. My foot was in a cast. Kayden followed my eyes and nodded. “Yeah, and that one’s on me.” “What?” He sighed. “When Josh hit you, you fell and I tripped over you, landing on your foot. I broke it.” “Kayden, it’s not your fault.” “Yes, it is. I caused you pain!” “I was out cold, I don’t think I felt that.” Kayden nodded. “I understand...but it still pains me.” “Here, make it up to me.” “How?” he asked, incredulous. “If you help me walk in these stupid crutches,” I motioned to the the pair propped up against the wall, “you’ll make it up.” A small smile crossed his face, and he sighed once again. “That’s good. Now you need to get some rest.” He sat back down and closed his eyes. I fell asleep the the beeping of the machines and the steady rhythm of his breathing.

This book has 2 comments. Post your own now!

lilycollinskey said...
This book is so good. Omg, never stop making this book.

Egn_scThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jan. 8 at 8:14 am
@lilycollinskey Thank you so much! I'm almost done with it, I'll add more!