The Hard Truth

Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next »

The Memories

“No!!” I screamed as Josh stalked toward me. “You know you love me,” he said, a mean undertone in his voice. Smiling devilishly, he grabbed
my arm and shoved me against the wall. Pressing against me, he slapped me across the face and slammed me against the wall again. Seeing my escape route, I slipped under his arm and pushed him away, locking the door from the outside, trapping him. I ignored his yelling and banging as I grabbed my bag, but suddenly, the door

Cliff hanger again :3

burst open and he tackled me to the ground. “Get off me!” I kept screaming, but he wouldn't move. His hand around my throat, I felt my consciousness slowly fading to black.

I shot up off the bed, the memory burning through me. Gasping and panting, tears streamed down my face, I could barely breathe. What was wrong with me? I've blocked that memory from my brain…or at least I thought I did. Suddenly, there was a knock on the door. I jumped up, smoothing down my hair, but I couldn't do anything about my tear stained cheeks. When I opened the door, my heart stopped. “Kayden?! What are you doing here!?” I exclaimed, shock written across my face. “Well, it was-is my house,” he stated matter-of-factly. I nodded, looking into his face, and he gasped. “Remmy! Why are you crying?” I felt my face and when I pulled my hand back, it was wet. “Oh, um...it's nothing.” I tried to brush the matter off, but Kayden was never one to let things go. He grabbed my arm as I turned away and pulled me against him, smoothing down my hair as I had done minutes before. When he pulled back, he grabbed me around the waist, leaning down, and pressed his lips against mine. I quietly gasped, but didn't pull back. It felt amazing, both the kiss and Kayden's love. Suddenly, Kayden jerked back and pushed me against the bedroom wall, before moving in front of me. “Kayden-” “STAY QUIET!” he whispered yelled, and I clamped my mouth shut. I peeked around and my heart stopped as I saw Josh burst through the door and smirk. I could almost feel the hate radiating off of Kayden’s voice as he said, “Josh.” “Well, well, if it isn’t Kayden.” Josh said Kayden’s name as if it was poison. “Leave. Her. Alone,” Kayden growled. “I just wanted to catch up…” Josh trailed off and started to step closer. An impressive growl made its way out of Kayden as he pressed harder against me, but not enough to hurt me. And then it happened. All I can remember is a blur of fists flying, shouting, and everything went black.

Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next »