The Hard Truth

Chapters:   1 2 3 4 5 Next »

5 Years Ago

Gripping the door handle, a tear rolled down my cheek and splashed onto the tile floor beneath me. I didn’t dare turn my head, the pain was too great and I couldn’t risk changing my mind. Once I took a deep breath, I jerked open the door, grabbed my bag, and fled. There was no destination, I simply needed to get as far away as I could. Running, I could hear the roar of the bus before it pulled in front of me, and suddenly, I tripped sideways and fell out of the vehicle’s path,

This is a kind of Preface for the story. 

landing on my arm, which was already covered with bruises from….NO, I thought. I’m not going there, I am not letting my mind go back there. Shaking off the pain, I picked up my now dirt-covered purse and for the second time that day, fled. As soon as I reached the house, I banged on the door, screaming, “Open up!” until the door flew open in my face and I stumbled back, already sobbing. “Remmy! Oh my gosh, come here!” the woman said as she pulled me into a hug. I breathed in her familiar lemon scented shampoo and cried until there were no more tears left for me to cry.

Chapters:   1 2 3 4 5 Next »

This book has 1 comment. Post your own now!

lilycollinskey said...
Oct. 26 at 12:20 pm
This book is so good. Omg, never stop making this book.