Final Warning/World Domonition

Chapters:   1 2 3 Next »

Dead Target

I watch with a great deal of satisfaction when my rounds strike the targets head, spurting blood and brains, well whatever left of its brains, across the pavement. “That's the last one on this block captain.” I said popping another stick of peppermint gum in my mouth.
He nods his head in acknowledgement and then barks out orders to the rest of our unit to start clearing the bodies so the tanks can go ahead and roll in. I roll my eyes and head over to examine my kill. Damn. I missed his eye. Dan’s going to be grilling me for my chocolate bars later. Why the F-ck do I even make these stupid bets.
  “Hey Ana, how’d you do?” Dan hollers as he saunters over, wearing that damn devilish grin. Screw him. He’s knows how I did. He just wants to rub his victory in my face. “What do you think Dan?” I seethed, barely able to hide my annoyance. He hold his hands up in mock surrender and laughs. “Guess whos gonna be eating s'mores tonight? This guy is.” I glare at him beneath my lashes as I silently curse. I hate this guy with a burning passion yet he's the only friend I’ve got.
He drapes his arm around my shoulders and squeezes me lightly. “Hey, don’t worry about it babe. I’ll share the wins with you.” I chuckle. “ You're a real doosh but I guess some chocolate will help me overlook your arrogance.”

It’s been a few years since the world went to sh-t. We’re one of the 36 armed force units sent above ground by what’s left of civilization, to clear the streets of washington DC. I’ve been assigned as one of the snipers for our unit while Dan is our demolition expert. In my opinion, the only area of expertise he’s any good at is, One pissing me off, Two striping any woman of her clothes, and Three eating every last piece of bacon at breakfast time. Sarah says he’s hot no matter his personality characteristics. I think she's crazy. Like seriously, he use to be our school's biggest man-whore.
“Ana!” I cringe. What now? I turn to see my captain running towards me waving his hands frantically. Whats with him? I go to turn and suddenly there's a heavy load of smelling death ramming into me. I yelp in surprise as chomping jaws launch for my throat. I reach for my knife with blind fingers while also trying to keep teeth from ripping into me. I lose sight of the double edge blade beneath my thigh and turn my full attention to my attacker. “God Damnit!” I hiss desperately trying to free myself. Just as I was afraid to be taking my final breath, there's a loud gunshot and a bullet whizzing through the air striking my forearm. “Aghhh!” I scream in surprise. They shot me, bastards! Then comes another, but thankfully striking the body above me.
“Ana! Ana, are you alright?!” Dan comes rushing to my aid. Shoving aside the limp body of my assailant. When I’m steadily on my feet, I move my good arm into a fighting stance and punch Dan square in the face. “You F-cking shot me!” “Aghhhh.” He clutches his hands over his face. Eyes widening in shock. “I didn’t shoot you! No one here fired their weapons! Wait….You didn’t kill it yourself?” He looks surprised. Someone had to have shot it. I couldn’t have, not with all those glistening teeth and drool dripping down my face. “If you didn’t shoot it, then who did?”

Chapters:   1 2 3 Next »