Blood Bond

Chapters:   1 2 3 4 Next »

Chap. 1

“We have to figure out what is doing this to you guys!” I said. It was getting ridiculous.

“You’ve both missed two weeks of school because of whatever is biting you in the night!”

Both Chloe and Kaylee looked up at me from their spot on the couch. They’re faces were so pale, making the red bite marks on their necks stand out even more than they when we had first noticed them.

“I know that you’re right, but I don’t know how we’re going to figure out what’s doing this. I’ve searched all over the internet and haven’t found a single thing,” Chloe sighed. It seemed like this was affecting her the most. She slept the entire day, only waking up when I made her eat some food or shower.

“I have a plan.”

Chloe rolled her eyes and Kaylee laughed.

“You always have a plan,” they both commented.

“Hush. So the plan is, since tomorrow is Saturday and none of us have class, to stay up all night but make the room look like we’re asleep. Then we watch whatever or whoever is doing this to you both red handed. We confront it when we get there. I have weapons for us all.” I walked over to grab the three softball bats I owned. They were old, since I hadn’t played softball since I was ten, but they worked in a dire situation.

“Okay, so when do we pretend to go to bed?” Kaylee asked.

“Probably around 11, since that’s when I’ve been falling asleep,” Chloe answered. Even with her being sick, she still stayed up the latest.

“So it’s settled.” I clapped my hands and smiled, even though my brain was going over everything that could go wrong. But I had to keep up the good and enthusiastic spirit, otherwise why would Chloe and Kaylee even agree to go along with this? Hell, it took me long enough to convince them this time, and I was being extra peppy.

At around 9 I decided to take a quick nap, knowing that staying up until sunrise would be a huge challenge.

“I think I’ll nap too,” Kaylee said, already closing her eyes and wrapping herself up in a blanket. I smiled, and sank into sleep.

My alarm went off at 11, alerting me to the fact that it was time to start the all night-er. I woke Kaylee up from where she was on the coach, and Chloe from where she had fallen asleep on my bed. Then I went around and made it look like everyone was sleeping. We all sat in the living room area of the dorm and did some homework. It was almost 2 before we ran out of schoolwork to do. Then we started playing stupid games, like Never Have I Ever and Truth or Dare. That only occupied us for about an hour. It wasn’t until 3 am that we heard a noise coming from the window in the kitchen. We all quietly grabbed our bats and went towards the kitchen. I somehow managed to get in front of Chloe, with Kaylee following behind her. I told them to stop walking as I got to the kitchen entrance.

There was a person standing in the middle of our kitchen. He couldn’t have been older than 22, and had extremely pale skin. He had black hair, and a couple of tattoos. He was wearing a torn up tank top, and some black skinny jeans. His shoes were almost brand new Vans, the white on them hadn’t even been smudged yet. His back was towards me, and it seemed like he was debating with himself over something. I walked forward, bat at the ready, when he turned around. Our eyes met and I swung the bat into his side.

“S***! What was that for?” He yelled, rubbing his side as if I had only pinched him.

“What? You’re the won who snuck into my dorm?”

“You live here too? I thought it was only blondie and freckles?” He laughed at his nicknames.

“They’re names are Chloe and Kaylee, I’ll have you know. But back to the point, what are you doing here?”

He laughed a bit, and smiled.

“You really don’t want to know,” He smirked.

Chapters:   1 2 3 4 Next »