Opposites | Teen Ink

Opposites

October 6, 2016
By Anonymous

It was November 18, 2016 I was riding my bike through the neighborhood as I saw the most beautiful boy in town. He had green eyes, and brunette hair styled backwards with the sides shorter than the middle. As he flipped his hair backwards I was dazzled, when a tree got in my way. I fell into a pile of orange, red, and yellowish leaves underneath the tree. I looked like such a moron. I was covered in leaves, dust, and had blood in my elbows and knees. Looking up was the worst mistake ever. He was coming right my way. He was coming to help me.
He gave me his hand, looked me right in my eyes and asked, “Are you okay?”
”I’m fine, it was nothing.” He stared at my knees, “It’s nothing I just scraped myself.”
He stared at me as he picked up my bike. Here it came, my first kiss. I know it sounds like a fairy tale, but it was.
Well, until his dad sneaked out of the truck and yelled “Hey, Nate come help me out with boxes.”
Poor Nate he had to leave, but from that day on I knew he was carrying my first kiss, and it was soon to come.

                I was moving into Seattle, and helping my dad unload the boxes from the truck. I looked at the sidewalk and this girl, supposedly younger than me, was staring right into me. She gave me the creeps, and my dad noticed. Suddenly she crashed into a tree, it was hurtful to see that, but still I laughed. I felt so bad for her, so I decided to go help her out. I was speechless, and she looked blushed and about to cry. So I asked if she was alright, but I think I made her blush more.
”I’m fine, it was nothing,” she replied in an instant.
She seemed insecure, or I don’t know what, but after a moment she repeated herself “It’s nothing, I just scraped myself.”
It was horrifying, I didn’t know what to say, I couldn’t just leave her there. Thankfully my dad yelled for help, and I had to leave. She was weird, I didn’t even know her but I suspected she's one of those girls who doesn’t have friends, and is part of creepers in school. Hopefully I don’t have to see her ever again.
               
                The weekend passed, and I couldn’t stop thinking of him. He was the cutest boy I’ve ever seen! He was my other half, my significant other. I know I’m just 11 years old, but we are meant to be. As I arrived to school on Monday, he was there again, standing in the door. I was so proud of him, he was already making friends in school. He was so cute, and I was hoping to have him in my classes. Until I realized he was one year older than me, still I would see him in the morning, at break, lunch, and afterschool. I approached him and he stopped talking to his friends. He was shocked to see me, isn't he the most beautiful thing you can see. By his facial expressions I knew that he was thrilled. He didn't hug me, so I guessed he is a little shy.
I helped him out, gave him a hug, and said “Hi Nate, how you doing?” His faced turned from white to red in a second. He was totally in love with me. I realized he froze for a second. So I helped out more, “I never told you my name, I’m Chloe.”
I couldn’t ask for anything more, he gave me a big smile, the best in history, besides I saw the prettiest dimples in history.
“See you around,” he said these 3 words and they were everything.

The whole school was talking about us. They sang cute songs, and made cute drawings of us. It was perfect, just like a dream. It won't be long for him to finally ask me out, just wait and see he will come around someday.

                I had only 2 days without seeing her face, and suddenly when I was making friends in my new school she decides to show up again. She was staring at me like the last time, but this was worse because of my friends noticed. They told me if I knew Chloe, but the truth was I didn’t know who she was.
“She's a girl in my neighborhood I think, but she's such a moron, who crashes into a tree?”
They all laughed and went inside, I got caught up with this girl named Chloe. She is such a freak! Who hugs a guy they don't know?
“Hi Nate, how are you doing?”
Worst time of my life, she started to have small talk with me. I just smiled hopping she would leave, although it was more like a get off my face smile.
Although she didn’t get the message and kept on talking, “I never told you my name, I’m Chloe.”
I had to get out of the conversation, but how? “See you around,” I replied as I walked away and entered my classroom.
The worst part was that all the school saw how she hugged me, and saw my smile. They didn’t get what I meant, and they all thought we were a couple. Why would I go out with a younger girl, I’m only 12 years old. She is a baby and is the weirdest girl on the planet. She is not even beautiful; she has blue eyes, blond hair, and is wearing a pink dress. All my class started to sing love songs about Chloe and I, while my friend made a drawing in my pencil bag. The drawing wasn't bad, the bad thing is he wrote Chloe + Nate = True Love. Why would he make me go through worse stuff making people think I care about her? She kept talking to me for weeks and still I decided to ignore her the best ways possible.

                It has been five years since I first saw Nate, and still each day on school I would go up to him, give him a hug and asked him something. I even told him about my 3 pigs, and how they are the best thing I have in life. They snort so cute, and are very fat. I prayed each day that his shyness would go away. I am 15 years old and I am desperate about my first kiss. It was supposed to happen 5 years ago, when I crashed into that tree. Each time he talks more to me, but I realized he is talking way too much to a girl his age called Hannah. She is believed to be the prettiest girl in school. He even fixes his hair when talking to her. I was riding my bike down the neighborhood as usual, when I saw Hannah in his front steps; she had a bouquet of flowers, and was hugging my Nate. My eyes wear watery, and my face was read. She leaned backwards, and I saw him kiss her! It was the worst thing ever. I think he saw me, but I’m not sure. I hope not, I had a river going down my eyes. I looked disgusting, it was awful, and so I went as fast as I could back home. On Monday I went back to school, but this time instead of only hugging my Nate, I gave him a kiss on the cheek. Which he did not wipe out! I had butterflies in my stomach, and in lunch I saw them break up. I did not know the motive, but secretly, deep inside I knew. I knew he broke up because of me. So I waited for him to come to me. I went back home waiting for his face in the doorsteps of my house. I waited for his perfect hair and his dazzling green eyes. The only thing I got was a WhatsApp. Hey I hear you are in advanced math. Can you help me with my homework? It was the best message in history. I jumped out of bed, washed up, applied makeup to my face and rode my bike to his house. I knocked on the door anxiously waiting for Nate to come out with 12 roses in his hand and a banner asking me to be his girlfriend. Butterflies were living in my stomach, and my face blushed up.

                This was a nightmare, and I needed a way out. 5 years with the same trouble, each time I started talking more to her with the hope she got the friend zone. Talking about other girls or plans she wasn't invited to. I had to give her a hint. So a friend suggested getting a girlfriend, and I did. I had the hottest girl in school; Hannah was team captain in the cheerleading team. I always hugged her in school, took her to classes, and talked cute with her. She never really realized I was dating until she passed by house while I hugged Hannah. I really wanted her to get the message so I kissed Hannah, right in the lips. You should have seen her face! She was all red, and crying as if she were a little baby. It was priceless! Weekend was over, and my dream of Hannah was over. As I got to school, there wasn’t only Chloe waiting for me to give me a hug, now she gave me a kiss on the cheeks also. As soon as she went, I ran to the bathroom and disinfected myself. I was filled with Chloe’s saliva. Later that day, Hannah and I got on a big fight about why I was her girlfriend and decided to break up with me during lunch. Who knows what Chloe thinks now, she had kissed me that morning. I went home and as I got my homework out I realized I hadn't paid attention on class. So I messaged Chloe so she can explain to me through WhatsApp. She was the most unpleasant girl, still the smartest one. Not a minute passed and she saw my message, freak! Five minutes passed when I realized she applied seen. It was hurtful; the lamest girl on school didn’t reply my text. Ding Dong. As I looked through my window there she was. She looked flawless; I could see the sky in her eyes, and the wind taking away her perfect blond hair. Could I be falling in love with her? It couldn’t be. I hated Chloe. She's a freak. What is she doing here? Oh no, it's about the message, and I thought the nightmare couldn't get worse.
               
                “Nate! Are you home?” It was radio silent. “Do you need my help with the homework?”
I think he was blowing me off. How could he! I saw peek at the window! Why wouldn’t he come out? Maybe I should call him? No it would seem as if I needed him. He's the one who needs my help. He should be ashamed of himself, but who can blame him with the perfect hair, the perfect dimples and those dazzling green eyes. After half an hour of waiting outside I decided to go back home. As I went to my backyard, I looked for my pigs in the barn. I realized Lily was missing. I found Jesse and Finn, but there was no Lily. Where could she be? There she was. Covered in insects, eating her. How could she die? Why would she die? I fed her right, and she was in perfect form. Then I saw the poison; someone tricked her so she can die. What a monster!! Who would do such thing? She was just a beautiful pig! Devastated I stayed up crying all night. So when the sun came out I fell as sleep and skipped school. It was an awful day and I couldn't think of Nate or school. I planned on staying in pajamas all day, and tucked inside my bed, hugging Bubo my teddy bear.
               
                I heard her screaming my name and asking if I was home. I couldn’t be more thankful that my mom was at a brunch, and that my sister went to a friends house. Discretion, make it like you're not home, I told myself this a few times. Taking a look out the window was a mistake, she saw me. Well I am not sure; she waited on my steps for what seemed to be a whole day. Until she finally got the idea I wouldn't let her in. Let's thank god she left, because about 10 minutes after that my mom arrived and she would have let her in. It was odd. I arrived at school and she never showed up. I looked for her in break and there were no signals of her. Did I really break her heart that much? Or was she just hiding in the bathroom. She's Chloe, she doesn't hide from people; people hide from her. Was I really worried about Chloe? This couldn’t be happening to me. Still I couldn't help myself, I was going after school to visit her, see what's wrong. It felt nice; to think I actually loved someone.

                I decided to clear my mind and ride my bike through the neighborhood. I saw the school bus passing by, and he stopped in a house. I didn’t know who lived there. I believe they’re new in the neighborhood. I knew everyone, so they must have just moved in. He had curly hair, and was dressed all properly. I was in sweatpants, a t-shirt and riding my bike.
He turned my way and screamed “Hey Chloe!”
He knew my name so I returned to his house and see who he was.
“Excuse me? Do I know you?” He seemed familiar, but I didn’t know from where.
“I am the new kid at your school, Stefan” He replied with the softest voice.
“Sorry I haven't seen you around.”
“Well maybe we should go out sometime, grab some dinner, or go to the zoo.”
An actual hot boy was asking me out! How many days did it take him to realize I existed? There I was going after a guy who locks himself up in his bedroom. Afraid to tell me he loves me. Someone afraid to give me the kiss and hugs I deserve. I’ve waited 5 years, but here is a guy who doesn’t wait, who isn’t afraid. I loved him. He loved me. Why not go on a date. Why not get the boy I actually deserve.
“I would love to go out sometime.”
It felt good; it felt right ”Great! Pick you up on Friday then! I already have your number I'll give you a call.”
He smiled and gave me a goodbye hug; remember Nate had the best smile in history. Well Stefan was hotter, smiled better, wasn’t shy, and had blue shiny eyes. He was a better version of Nate and I loved him even more!
               
                I couldn’t believe him! This new guy decides to go after my Chloe. No! That can’t be. I watched it all from the school window. I saw them fade away. Having a blast together. Now I couldn't go after Chloe. He probably told her what I jerk I was to him today. Telling him he wasn’t invited to my party. I messed up big time. I couldn’t believe me. Did I really blow off my chance to be with Chloe? I decided to talk to her in school tomorrow. I was so afraid to go to speak with her. What if she said no. She would never say no to me. She is madly in love with me. The fear got to my nerves, and so the day passed and I never talked to her. I stayed in porch all day thinking about her. Rehearsing how to talk to her. Deciding I would hug her first this time. Kiss her first. Start small talk first. She was beautiful, why didn’t I see that before. I wasted 5 years of my life ignoring her. When she has oceans in her eyes, and sand colored hair. She is perfect. As I got to school the next day I searched for her. Waited for her at the lockers. It felt strange. Being the creeper. What felt stranger is seeing Chloe. Seeing her holding hands with that jerk. I couldn't speak with her. Not this way.

                I got to school the next day and there he was. Standing in the sunshine was my perfect little boyfriend; well, soon to be boyfriend.
“How are you doing beautiful, did you miss me?”
I laughed, gave him a kiss and grabbed his hand. It was the first time a boy talked to me the way he did. The first time someone started a deep conversation with me. I was all blushed up, and with a smile covering my face. He walked beside me, holding my hand to my locker. I couldn’t believe it, there was Nate. What could he be doing at my locker? What did he want? He probably came to laugh at me, or say some mean joke. As I got to my locker Stefan left me, as he would see me after class.
“Do you need something?” I asked Nate being a little sassy.
He stuttered and turned red. “I was coming to see if you would like to hang out,” he told turning redder and whispering more each time.
“I actually have plans with Stefan, but thanks anyway.”
I turned around opened my locker as soon as possible, grabbed my books, and left him there standing. I felt so bad, but what was I supposed to do. Lie? Tell him, sorry I love Stefan. Your time is up. Good-bye. I felt awful, but he was a jerk, waiting five years to finally ask me out.
               
                “Do you need something?” Chloe had to begin talking as always.
Although this time was different she wasn’t soft, and she was definitely not smiling. I was turning into a tomato, I stuttered as much as possible, but the words finally came up.
“I was coming to see if you would like to hang out.”
“I actually have plans with Stefan, but thanks anyway.”
After all these years chasing me, did she really just blow off my plans? How could she do this to me? I froze and waited until she was gone. My heart turned into ashes, and my eyes into rivers. Did she feel this way for five years? Poor Chloe I felt so sorry for her, but I felt even more ashamed of myself. I didn't know what to do, so I just went home, wiped up the tears and acted as nothing happened. I tried going out with Hannah but that didn't work out. So instead I made a party on Friday. Who wasn't on the list? Well the jerk taking Chloe away from me. My precious Chloe was gone, and Stefan the team captain of the football team took her from me. How could he? He was only here for a week and was turning my whole world upside down.
              
                I was planning on showing up with Stefan to a party Nate invited me to. Then I realized he didn’t include Stefan in the list. What a baby, besides we didn’t need his party so my life can be a fairytale. Stefan called an Uber and picked me up on Friday. He accomplished a perfect date. At first we went for dinner at Johnny Rockets, and order a hamburger, French fries, and a milkshake, each. We then passed to the zoo, took lots of photos, had a blast and my kiss finally came. Nate wasn’t carrying my first kiss. He wasn’t my significant other, and he was definitely not my other half. Stefan bought me 15 balloons, and as he gave them to me he kissed me. It happened naturally, as if we were meant to be. Later on the day he held my hand, hypnotizing me with those blue eyes and perfect curly hair.
As he asked again “Would you like to go out tomorrow? Maybe we can ride a ferryboat? Have I told you yet? I have a thing for ferryboats.”



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.