Screenage Years | Teen Ink

Screenage Years

August 6, 2016
By anonymous06 PLATINUM, Northbridge, Massachusetts
More by this author
anonymous06 PLATINUM, Northbridge, Massachusetts
35 articles 5 photos 31 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." -Thomas Edison


To: Celeste

From: Caroline

 

I’m going to be out today. Sick. Can you let me know what we did in English? I know you haven't had it yet, but when you do... Thanks!


To: Caroline

From: Celeste


I'll tell you what we will do in English :) Except we're probably going to work on the packet the substitute handed out yesterday.


To: Celeste

From: Caroline


Thanks a bunch! I owe you.


To: Caroline

From: Celeste

 

Hiii sorry for the late reply. But in class today we just went over unit 5 roots and then he went over public speaking and presenting. But Damion probably already told you that ;)

To: Damion

From: Caroline


Hey, sorry I'm out today. What did we do today? I know it's only second block, but just let me know please. Thanks!


P.S. Really sorry about yesterday :(


To: Caroline

From: Damion


Hi Caroline!  Today we took a spanish quiz, practiced factoring in algebra, took notes in biology, we did roots in english, and also talked about public speaking, and I am not in your graphic design.  Can't wait to see you tomorrow!
 

To: Mary

From: Caroline


In the classes that apply, what did we do? Sorry I'm out today…


P.S. Do you think we were too harsh on Damion yesterday?


To: Caroline

From: Mary


Hey chica!!!

I hope you feel better, (I'm assuming you're not feeling that great), otherwise you'd be here! I hope you come back tomorrow, Damion has literally been talking about you ALL day =). Not to make it awkward or anything. In algebra, it's just more review and we got another factoring worksheet. And I don't regret having him tell because it's not okay with me to not say anything, but I do understand where you're coming from. I wish there was an easier way to tell on someone for bullying, but there's not any that I know of. I just don't want it to get worse. Feel better soon! ~Mary


To: Mary

From: Caroline

 

Thank You So Much! I should be in tomorrow assuming that I break a high end of a 101 fever.  I can't miss any more school time.

To: Caroline

From: Damion


Caroline, I have been throwing up since I came home, and I am getting a little better, but I'm not sure I if can make it to school tomorrow.  I just started all the homework because I have been in the bathroom or sleeping.  I haven't had anything to eat or drink! :(  Anyway, if I am not in school tomorrow, would you please tell me what I miss?  Thanks, D


To: Damion

From: Caroline


Hi. Sorry I couldn't have read this earlier, but I still hope you feel better (even though I saw you today). See you tomorrow, Me

To: Celeste

From: Caroline


Game Plan has nothing to do with basketball if you're wondering. Mary and I devised a plan in history yesterday, but you can't mention it to anyone other than us.

D got really mad on Friday when I was helping Harry with math and studying skills. I could see it in his face. He said something to Mary about it, but I'm not allowed to know- yet. So, I was thinking if I keep helping Harry and others similar with their work during my free time, I can get under his skin just good enough. Basically, it's to test him and his trust in me. At least that's what I'm telling myself so I don't feel bad about it.

What do you think?


To: Caroline

From: Celeste


At first I was like whaattt?? Game plan? I'm not into sports. But then I read the whole thing and I was like ohhhh. But oh my god Caroline that's so mischievous. I like it. That's a really good idea though to get under his skin. I won't mention it to other people because one, I have no friends. Two, I approve this. And three, (I actually don't have a third reason I just thought it sounded cooler.) This makes me happy :)


To: Celeste

From: Caroline


You do have friends...


I don't really know where this part of me is coming from, but I'm not so sure with the whole thing any more. I feel bad about doing it.

To: Caroline

From: Celeste


:Z


To: Celeste

From: Caroline


Upset? Hey, are you going to winter ball?


To: Caroline

From: Celeste


Oh no haha I wasn't upset! I just randomly wanted to send you it because I was bored. But I don't know if I'm going. My sister went last year and she didn't really like it, but I heard that this year is gonna be different. Are you gonna go?


To: Celeste

From: Caroline


Sorry I made that assumption. I don't know yet. I was thinking about asking D since he asked me to the last dance, but I'm not sure of any other plans that I or my parents have planned that night. Besides, it's 6:30 to 10.

By the way, not sure if I can stand having another snow day. Two words: Cabin Fever


To: Caroline

From: Celeste


Did you ask your parents if you could go to the winter ball? I mean if they knew there's a dance I'm sure they wouldn't make any other plans to do something with you. Unless they're gonna party or something. I don't know what hobbies your family likes. But good luck asking D! When are you gonna ask him?


I kinda like the snow days because I can sit inside and do nothing and play in the snow. But I am getting bored because I have no books. Nothing.


To: Celeste

From: Caroline


We can go to the library tomorrow during break if you want.

 

Neither of my parents are partiers, but they know that I don't like to dance, so it would be slightly suspicious. I'm not sure if I'm asking him yet. It makes my stomach hurt every time I think about it. That's what I was thinking about during practice Sunday and my coach ended up throwing the ball straight at my face. What do you think I should do you seem to be good at determining these things?


To: Caroline

From: Celeste


I'm planning to go during break tomorrow, but you know you don't have to come with me if you don't want to. I don't think the librarian is going to be back yet because Mr. Brown said she's going to be out for a while.


Same, I don't like to dance either. I would only go for the food, but then sit there and be bored. The last dance was fun, mostly because of talking with other people. Not so much of dancing... but maybe you don't have to ask him? Maybe he'll ask you before you do. Unless you really want to ask him first. Oh and sorry about your face! (That sounded rude, I didn't mean it that way)

In my opinion, I think if you really want something then you should go for it. Because someone has to make the first move and if he isn't going to then you should. Life is too short to be second guessing things and living with regrets. So I say go for it Caroline. (sorry for the cheesyness)


To: Celeste

From: Caroline


It wasn't cheesy at all, you're right. I just don't want to get into a position that neither of us are comfortable in. I just want to be friends with him, but I wish I knew what he wanted.

 

And...my face is fine. Just a little dark around my right eye and I can't touch my nose, but it's my own fault.

 

See you tomorrow! We go back for just three hours and then another storm rolls in. Maybe another day off Thursday? That would be our last one to make up.


To: Caroline

From: Celeste


There's another storm coming? I am gonna die of boredem. But I wish you good luck! Maybe you could write him a note instead if you want? I think it would be easier that way but it's just my opinion. See you tomorrow Caroline!


Oh wait what day will it be? Do you think it's a F Day?


To: Celeste

From: Caroline


You and me too. F Day I think. Another storm Thursday and Monday. Do you know his locker #?​


To: Caroline

From: Celeste


No I have no idea. All I know is where his locker is located. I wish I could show you where it is *sighs sadly and angrily at the same time*


To: Caroline

From: Celeste


Tomorrow, if you want. By the way, game's still on tonight.


To: Celeste

From: Caroline

 

Okay I will show you tomorrow. But he'll most likely be at his locker during break so you'll see him on the second floor.

To: Mary

From: Caroline

 

So, I'm guessing that you want to know why I don't want to go to Winter Ball. Yes, it does run late and I'm horrible at dancing, so I wasn't lying. However, I was supposed to ask D on Wednesday to go with me, but when he returned on Thursday, he said that he couldn't get a ride and can't go. Why should I ask him to go if he won't be going anyway? Besides, I don't even like dancing. Well, there you have it. I just didn't want to say all of that in front of him. 

To: Celeste

From: Caroline


So, I'm not going to the Service that night, so I'll be there.


By the way, what is wrong with me? Now, I know that can go anywhere, but... D sat in front of me on the bus this afternoon. He turned and propped his head on the seat like a little puppy. I could have easily scooted forward, but did I? No. Instead, I leaned all the way back. It was almost like in those cheesy romantic movies my sister watches.


That's just between you and me. And maybe Mary.


To: Caroline

From: Celeste


Wait so you're not going to the Learning Night on the 25th of March!? But then I have no friends with me.... :(


But Caroline that's the cutest thing I've ever heard you say. Well actually type because yeah. Because technically I can't hear you. But THATS SO CUTE and sorry but I just really love hearing this especially from you because I'm so use to D talking about you so this is a nice change.


To: Celeste

From: Caroline


No, I am coming. I'm not going to the other thing. I came up with a story a few minutes ago and I think I'll read it to him during lunch. I just feel like, I don't know, that D and I are so comfortable with each other that we're afraid of each other. Well, I am anyway. When it comes to this, I don't really know what to do or what to say, I just know that no matter the topic, his name pops into my head. I'm sorry I've never told you any of this, I probably should have... ​


To: Caroline

From: Celeste


No wait don't feel bad! Don't feel bad or feel obligated to have to tell me everything. You don't need to tell me every single thing in your life because sometimes we can keep things to ourselves. I really hope that made sense. But anyways this is the sweetest thing I've ever heard you say about him I just love this. I hope you can read the story to him alone. I'm probably not suppose to tell you this but D told me once that he wishes it was just you and him sitting alone at the lunch table, but he's too scared to ask you.

To: Celeste

From: Caroline


I know this is probably the last thing you want to be hearing about, but I have to tell someone. Sunday night (technically Monday Morning), I woke up at around one from a crazy dream. I was sitting in Mrs. P's classroom at the Middle School with a piece of paper in front of me. I couldn't read the paper because the words were all fuzzy. Then, the paper just explodes into flames. The whole building goes up, yet I'm the only one near it. Terrified, I run. I ended up in a campground in Maine that I'd been to only once many years ago. (I had to search a few pictures to figure that out) I was sobbing and drenched from pouring rain so I decided to sit on a log that overlooked a lake. Out of nowhere, D comes and sits down next to me. I put my head on his shoulder and wrap one arm around his back. He puts one arm around me and gently rubs my back like my mom used to do. He talks, but I can't hear a thing. Just as the rain stops, I woke up. Do you have any idea of what this means? I certainly don't. However, I feel like this wasn't just a dream, it felt so realistic compared to all the others. Although I know it's just a dream, I woke up feeling responsible for something, but I can't place my finger on it.


To: Caroline

From: Celeste

 

Caroline, that is not the last thing I would want to hear. The last thing I would want to hear is if you or Mary or Lindsey or Damion or the people I love actually got physically hurt. When I first read the first few sentences I got a bit scared for a second. But it's okay because I read the whole thing and that's a really weird dream. I know you're probably like "Gee, duh Celeste of course it's a weird dream you stupid." But all I can think about is how you felt responsible for something. I don't know what it means because my dad always tells me that dreams are just dreams. Although I still don't get why D of all people was there.

To: Mary

From: Caroline


So, next A Day it will happen. Yesterday, I read a "story" to D at lunch. Unfortunately, he understood the first three paragraphs. Fortunately, he didn't understand the last one. I refused to answer any of his questions and he said he'll save them for next A-Day which is next Friday. I am not prepared at all for those no matter how much time I've got.


To: Caroline

From: Mary


Hey Caroline!
Sounds like you're in a bit of a sticky situation. All I knew about A day was that it was a lunch with only you and D. I'm going to go ahead and assume that these paragraphs were about you guys and where it could go. The only advice I have for you is to be honest. About EVERYTHING. It will make everything easier in the long run. If you want something to happen then straight up tell him. He's a great guy and he cares a lot about you even if he tries really hard to not show it. But if you are also uncomfortable with any situation like this then you have to tell him that, too. Even if you think it will hurt his feelings, you have to be honest with yourself about how you'll feel. You don't want to feel miserable all the time because that's not the point to a relationship. Also, I know your parents don't want you dating until you're 16. You respect them a great deal and will trust them with everything and that's something I respect a great deal. However, there comes a point when (this will sound really cheesy) you have to break free a little from your parents and be a teenager. If they don't understand that, then they don't really understand you or how teenage life works. If you really want something with D to start then you're probably going to want to tell your parents. I think you should trust them and talk to them about it because if it's something you're really passionate about, then it's worth explaining everything to them. However, if that's not what you want then you have to tell D. You guys deserve a chance at happiness whether it's as friends or something a bit more and the only way that can happen is if you guys set the boundaries. I think you should take A day by the reins and make it become a day where you finally resolve what you feel and what you want. Love you Caroline! Don't be nervous, we're all here for you =)

To: Celeste

From: Caroline


So, D got his wish, we had lunch solo today. I also read him the story. Unfortunately, he understood it and kept asking questions, all which I refused to answer. We left the cafeteria sounding like two year olds (Yes, you will. No, I won't). He told me that he will bring it up again next A day. Hopefully, he forgets because I am not ready to answer some of those questions. By the way, thanks for coming down to the lobby this morning. Looking back, I sounded like a whining toddler.


To: Caroline

From: Celeste




No problem:) It’s actually really nice when it's just you and me and Damster. Don’t get me wrong I love Mary, but today it made me realize that I barely spend time with you. And I love you don't forget it!


But what was the story about? Or is it too personal? If it's too personal then don't feel like you have to tell me. But anyways knowing D, I'm pretty sure he won't forget. I mean he remembers everything that's important to him and you know...you're important to him so... I bet he marked A Day on his calendar.


To: Celeste

From: Caroline




He didn't say anything about it today, but he spilt his milk on me at lunch. He got so mad, but I tried to make him laugh it off. Let's just say it didn't work.


The story basically was about a little girl who wanted to rise above the standards that were set for her. Then one day she was running around the playground when she saw someone. She became friends with him and their friendship grew. The last paragraph was a riddle, which I'm not going to say for now.


To: Caroline

From: Celeste




Wait so D got mad at himself for spilling milk on you? He isn't mad at you right? Because from the way you said it, you made it sound like he was mad at you. But every time he gets mad at either me or something else I usually just pat him on the shoulder multiple times until he starts laughing. So if he ever gets mad or upset... just pat him on the shoulder until he smiles. At least that’s what I do because I'm not very good with words.


P.S. Was the story based on a true story?


To: Caroline

From: Celeste



No. More or less mad at himself, but I'll keep that in mind. Possibly for your second question.

To: Celeste

From: Caroline




So my luck has run out. We won't be having a snow day tomorrow and it doesn't seem like either of us will be sick. Although if I keep thinking about it, I just might be. But, I'll be there. :( See you tomorrow.


To: Caroline

From: Celeste




Oh my gosh Caroline I'm so sorry I didn't reply sooner! But don't you dare hope for a snow day tomorrow because I'm looking forward to it because I have computer apps and I have to finish up my project. But also because of lunch....because of you and yeah. I wish you luck and seriously though Damion told me he's ready to bomb you with a butt load of questions.


If you get nervous and if he begins to make you really uncomfortable, you know what to do. Kick him in the throat. I kid, I kid. I'm sorry I'm running on some weird energy right now and you're probably gonna read this tomorrow morning and think why you ever became friends with me. In all seriousness, I really do wish you luck and I have faith in you and things are gonna work out and life is gonna go on and to be able to get things done you just gotta get out of your comfort zone to live and yes I realize this is a run on sentence and I'm sorry.


I know I'm not the best at giving advice, but I'm here to support you and lighten the mood. I'm not usually the one giving advice it’s mainly Marz. I'm just the awkward funny one. Yup I just complimented myself, don't judge. Nevermind judge if you want...free country.

Best of luck Caroline! I believe in yew! :) <3

To: Mary

From: Caroline



I was telling the truth in math, nothing happened. He couldn't say anything because it wasn't just us at the lunch table. Plus, he forgot what we were even talking about. Unfortunately, he remembered on the bus, but it was too late by then. Success!

To: Caroline
From: Mary

Sure...

To: Celeste

From: Caroline




The conversation never happened. Emily sat with us at lunch, so he couldn't say anything. Then he realized that he forgot what we were even talking about. He sent me 15 emails and would not stop asking me to tell what it was. Unfortunately, he remembered on the bus, but by that time, it was too late. He doesn't want to wait for the 24th, so next Friday during the field trip, we will be talking.


TO: Caroline

From: Celeste




I didn't know you guys had a field trip next Friday. Have fun on the trip, don't talk to strangers! Unless you want to then go ahead, make friends. At the end of the day when I went to my locker D told me that he completely forgot what he was gonna ask you, but then he told me his plan. His plan is to spam you with emails all weekend asking you and bothering your emails. So in the next few days I'm pretty sure you will be flooded with emails from The Damster.


I'm sure you're super excited about the trip on Friday though!:) Do you think he'll try to sit with you on the bus? If he does then I wish you luck. Be sure to bring sunglasses that hide your eyes so you can pretend to be asleep, when really you're watching everyone...finding out their weaknesses....then using it again them. I kid, I kid. I had too much chocolate and I just got home. Just so you know I'm in one of those moods again. Too much sugar. I apologize.


To: Celeste

From: Caroline



I’d kill for a piece of chocolate right now. And he already asked to sit with me on the bus. He said that's when we will be talking. No exceptions.

To: Caroline

From: Celeste




How was it? Fun?


To: Celeste

From: Caroline




Sorry, I meant to tell you sooner. It was pretty fun. There were only twenty of us total, so we each got a bus seat on the way there. Then, we had an hour tour, but it was hard to understand our tour guide at times because she had a heavy Russian accent. Around 11-11:45 we ate lunch. After that, we were sent to explore the museum in partners​/groups until one. They have an amazing balcony and stairwell, it's kind of like the one in Beauty and the Beast. Then, there was the armory room. They had a little kids section in the back, so, of course, we went there. D tried on some armor (he has the picture) while Megan and I looked through the jousting uniforms. It was great. Then, we all sat in the lobby waiting for everyone else. I just so happened to open the door for an elderly couple who said "That's so sweet. You're a sweet girl. I hope one day when you're old and decrypted that someone holds the door open for you." D got a kick out of that. We ended up sitting together on the way back to school sharing m&ms and a Dr Pepper.


How was your day? What did we do in English?


To: Caroline

From: Celeste




That's sounds so fun! I wish I went to the field trip. Maybe next year if I ever take that class. Probably not though because I'm not artistic but I like looking at art just not making it. I'm surprised that only like twenty people went. I was expecting a lot of people to go. That would probably explain why it the school lunch was still full. I thought that it would be a little empty because of the field trip. Aw but that's so cute when she said that. Proud of you for opening the door *sends virtual high five.* I'm sure D enjoyed that.

My day was good. I mean I just woke up from a weird dream so yeah I guess it's good so far. Unless you're talking about yesterday then yesterday was meh. There was an eighth grade lip sync last night and I was disappointed that I didn't go because they ran out of tickets. Oh well. Maybe next year. Hopefully. English class was meh too. It felt empty because I'm use to making faces at you or D. Oh and we didn't really do much. Mr. S put us into groups because we're not reading it as a class. We're reading it in separate groups. You can pick your groups too. You, D and a few other people still have to pick groups to join. Then after that he went over the many, many, MANY characters. And you know Mr. S, he's very detailed about each and every one of them. After that we started reading page 8 and had to figure out what each sentence meant because the whole book is confusing as fudge.

To: Celeste

From: Caroline




Guess who’s playing Juliet?


To: Caroline

From: Celeste




Oh. My. God.


To: Caroline

From: Celeste




Wait, my answer’s not God. You?


To: Celeste

From: Caroline




D asked. What was I supposed to say?


To: Caroline

From: Celeste




Well I mean you could’ve said, "Nah bro." Or "No thanks." Or "Oh fudge no!" I'm kidding. Well actually you could’ve said no but I can't see you saying that. Unless you wanted to play the role of Juliet???


To: Celeste

From: Caroline




I didn't really want to, but then...we all have to do things we don't want to at some point.​


To: Caroline

From: Celeste




That's true. On the bright side, at least you guys don't have to stand in front of the class and act it out. Mr. S said we were gonna read it in groups but I guess he doesn't trust us reading on our own. That and without him, I'd be lost and wouldn't know what was going on.


To: Celeste

From: Caroline




That's a little better. Still, it's going to be awkward. ​


To: Caroline

From: Celeste




Well I mean maybe on Monday someone else might raise their hand to play Juliet and so that way you won't have to do it:)


To: Celeste

From: Caroline




Hopefully. Though it would make you guys happy, so...


To: Caroline

From: Celeste




Of course it would make me happy Caroline! Haha, but I don't want you to do something that makes you uncomfortable. So you can play Juliet if you want or you don't have to. Whatever you do is fine with me as long as you're happy. You don't have to please everyone because even as cheesy as it sounds, you just have to put yourself first to be happy.


To: Celeste

From: Caroline




I'll just do it. After the conversation yesterday, he's done plenty to make me happy without me even knowing it, so I might as well return the favor.


To: Caroline

From: Celeste


I swear, that friendship with each other will be the death of me. The ship sails itself!

To: Caroline

From: Damion




You busy tomorrow?


To: Damion

From: Celeste

I’ll be there.

To: Celeste

From: Caroline




You know how I originally said that I felt nothing at the dance? Well, I've been thinking that maybe there was something afterall. We were both scared to death and being watched. Besides neither of us like dancing. I keep replaying the time after the movie when he put his hand on my arm. It still gives me goosebumps. So, I guess my question is: how can there be nothing when we danced, but something when he was attempting to comfort me?


Sorry, I'm just a little bored and trying to take my mind off of the doctors. How's your vacation going?


To: Caroline

From: Celeste




Hiii! Vacation has been fun, mostly because I've been hanging out with my sister. We don't really spend time together since she's always busy with hw so it's a nice change :) Also I hate doctor visits, but then in the end you can get a toy! Or a sticker! Maybe as hug? But then again getting a hug from the doctor might be a little weird. Unless you like getting hugs from your doctor then that's completely fine? I don't judge.


I don't remember you telling me that you felt nothing at the dinner dance? When? What? How? Why? Yes lots of questions, I'm being dramatic, I know. I feel like there was nothing when you guys danced because you both were totally out of your comfort zone. One; you both hate dancing, and two; maybe it was a little forced? I mean did you both talk to each other most of the time or dance just because the other person was dancing? I really hope that made sense, if only I could see you then I could explain this whole thing!


I think that there was probably something there when he was attempting to comfort you because he's finally trying to make an effort? After like 6 years (I dunno how long you two know each other) he's trying to be there.


I really don't know, these are honestly just guesses. This is all you Caroline and all your feelings. I think the only person who knows the answers is you. I think talking to D about ALLL this is the right thing to do, but I know that both of youz are scared to tell each other. But gurl you're in 9th grade, you've known each other for so long, I'm pretty sure you've known each other since 3rd grade, and you both like each other! It doesn't have to be now, but you and D have to come clean one day and tell each other what you've been telling me and Madeline. I don't care if you both are gonna tell each other next month, or next school year, or even idk graduation! As long as you tell one another how you feel. And imma be waiting for that day! :) Sorry for this long message.


Can I ask you this C? What do YOU (and only you) think will happen between you and D? Like do you see him with you in the future?


You don't have to answer the question above if you don't want to. But anyways I hope you're having a lovely vacation! Miss you all so much!


To: Celeste

From: Caroline




I am having a horrible vacation, but I'm glad yours is great.


The dance was very stressful. I had butterflies for literally two months. Then, that day we were both super stressed, I felt it on his shoulders. I let go and he seemed relieved.


As for the future, I really don't know. I really want to help him find his biological parents and help him with his goals & dreams. Then again, I don't want anything too serious.


Like you guys, he's a huge part of my life. But, we both have different plans for the future. Unfortunately, I have a feeling they won't intersect at all. If I do go across the country, I originally planned to meet him halfway between there and Iowa for a dinner once in awhile. In fact, I even wrote a story about it. Now, I think maybe a couple dinners, a few movies, you know just simple, temporary stuff. Eventually, I might invite him to meet my parents. But that's not for awhile. ​I really want to tell him everything and I was thinking his birthday, but there's a F and A day this week. I have literally been reading all this sappy stuff lately and it's gross, but I'm trying to learn how to make a move from it. I just have no idea what to do. I was really hoping that you had some ideas...​no pressure.


To: Caroline

From: Celeste




Aw that's cute that you think about having dinners or going to movies with him in the future. I honestly think that in order for that to happen, you both need to tell each other. I don't know how you both are gonna tell each other. I thought that maybe you two just could spend some time alone and tell each other face to face, but I feel like you don't want to do that? I think that being straightforward with him is the best way to go. No hiding things, no plans or anything, just being yourself and being honest. Or writing a note to him or a letter basically explaining everything. (Hopefully that will be more easier) To be honest I really don't know, because there has to be effort from both sides. I would say let things flow on its own, but I don't think that's gonna go anywhere.


Sorry I'm no help ugh..


But be confident and positive! Don’t overthink things too much or else you'll be making it more complicated than it is. Yes I get that it's probably gonna get uncomfortable, but in order for SOMETHING to happen you have to get out of your comfort zone for things to move forward. This is all basically like your book. If you wanna know what happens next then keep writing, don't stop. Yes that's cheesy as fudge, I'm a cheesy mother pooper.


To: Celeste

From: Caroline


Thank you so much, Celeste. You'll probably be a philosopher or something inspirational​ later on in life. But, I can't move things ahead, if I'm not even letting them flow properly. I have been holding back and sealing up my heart, I need to stop that in order for things to progress. And you're right, I need to keep writing this story to see the final outcome.

To: Celeste

From: Caroline




Before you read this, I suggest that you take a seat and a deep breath.


I'm going to tell him tomorrow, hopefully. No notes or papers, just me straight out saying it. Graduation is too far for me. Besides, freshman year is almost over.


To: Caroline

From: Celeste



OH MY GOLDEN RETRIEVER HOT DOGS STUFFED IN A DELICIOUS BUN WITH KETCHUP AND MUSTARD!!!

To: Damion

From: Caroline




So, you had one of those "off days" I was talking about. But if you think about, it could have been a lot worse. Your project could have exploded the entire kiln, which could have been horrible for the second floor. We could have had to act out Romeo & Juliet instead of just reading it. And you could have fallen and got hit by the bus versus just missing it. I did try to stop it for you, but she said that she couldn't. You were right there at the door already.


Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday. -Wilma Rudolph


​You need to have those "off days" sometimes. Yes, I call them "off days" not bad days because really they're not all that bad. When you were smaller, you probably fell a lot, like all little kids do (trying to walk, ride a bike, etc.). You just have to get up and try again. I don't know a lot about life, but I do know this. It's a wild ride. All you can do is buckle up and try to make the most of it.



To: Caroline

From: Damion




Oh Caroline, you are so good at advice and cheering people up, unlike me. So you did see me stupidly running after the bus...great. I didn’t see it until the last minute, but oh well. Thanks so much for emailing me though.


To: Damion

From: Caroline




It wasn't stupid, I would have done the same. I just can't believe she wouldn't stop for you. And, you aren't bad at cheering people up. How many times have you made someone smile?


To: Caroline

From: Damion




I have never made anyone smile for real, people only smile because they laughing at me.


To: Damion

From: Caroline




Well, you at least make me smile. If that means anything to you.


To: Caroline

From: Damion



It means the world to me knowing that I make you smile. Thanks, C. Have a great weekend, you deserve it.

To: Celeste, Mary

From: Caroline




Well, freshman year is over. We’ve seen some good. Some bad. Lots and lots of drama, mostly on my behalf. Apologies. But, we made it. We survived one year of high school! Only three left to go. And who knows what’s in store…


To: Caroline, Celeste

From: Mary




So we did. By the way, what’s up with you and Damion, Caroline?


To: Mary, Caroline

From: Celeste




They were K-I-S-S-I-N-G.


To: Celeste, Mary

From: Caroline




We were not!! More like a little bump in the road. Things will work out, I know they will. We’ve got all summer and three more years of high school to work it out.


To: Caroline, Mary

From: Celeste




A little bump? More like a flipping crater!! He cheated on her and now she’s stuck in the friend zone.


To: Caroline, Celeste

From: Mary




I’m so sorry, Caroline.


To: Mary, Celeste

From: Caroline



Thanks. What would I do without you guys?



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.