Dangerous love | Teen Ink

Dangerous love

May 25, 2016
By vanessa_binford, lexington, Kentucky
More by this author
vanessa_binford, Lexington, Kentucky
0 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Author's note:

Was very fun writting!

I don’t understand, I just don’t understand, how such a wonderful human being could be made. Tyler the cutest, nicest, funniest guys I’ve ever met in my life. We’ve been together for 2 years now we graduated high school together and we moved to Virginia together. I was just so lucky I found someone who I thought was my soul-mate. Tyler was so perfect in my eyes; he could do no wrong until the day that my world changed forever.
It was game night that night, and I enjoy doing it every Thursday, just me Tyler and some friends. It seemed like Tyler would always want to spend time with other people then with me. Moving to Virginia really put things in perspective I have no job and no car I always had to rely on Tyler. We moved here for Tyler’s job right out of college, he was offered his dream job as a Broadcaster for The Virginia 98.5, and he wanted me to move in with him, we loved each other so much we would do anything for each other’s dreams, so I decided to pack my thing and move with him. I sacrificed a lot for Tyler like my job as a sales marketer, so much so that my day’s would be dedicated to things he liked and to things he wanted to do, after a while I just got used to it, it became natural to me. I was so naïve back then looking back at it now.
During the course of a year Tyler’s and I’s relationship only seemed to get worse. We always argued over the littles things, that were just pointless but Tyler always seemed to make a bigger deal about things then they actually were. I wanted to just leave but then I thought about all the fun times we’ve had, we were really unhappy so we decided to go see a counselor to work out our problems, which we did and I helped a lot well at least I thought I did. Tyler seemed to have this effective way of lying I would think things are good then wack! The things just hit you like a Train, I thought Tyler loved me I thought he cared for me, nope it was all lies everything from the beginning to the end. One day I was shocked to come home to find out that Tyler had been sleeping with our counselor I was just so betrayed by him, there was nothing he could do to fix it my heart sunk it was like my heart had been shot by twelve bullets.
When I found them in bed together I was livid. After the therapist left she begged me not to report her or she could lose her license, she was sobbing and she deeply apologized I looked that vixen right in her face and I slapped her, I thought I was going to have to fight her right there but nope she just left. With Tyler I packed a suite case and put all his clothes in it and dumped it out on the yard the whole time he was sobbing and begging for my forgiveness he claimed it only happen one time and that it will never happen again I was not having it I kicked him out of the house, the next morning I changed the locks. About two weeks went by and he’d always be blowing up my phone and trying to come visit me any chance he got. I finally agreed to meet with him at the local coffee shop down the road. We met he just explained to me the same stuff over and over stuff like blah blah blah I’m sorry and other stuff like blah blah blah please forgive me. looking at him apologizing for what he had done made me feel like a weight is just on my shoulder, thinking to myself I have to forgive him he’s the only person that loves me he’s the only person that will ever love me.
I was so uncertain about my hope for us, I remember thinking I couldn’t leave him I was naive back then. When he was telling me all the stuff he did wrong I couldn’t help but to blurt out in the middle of his sentence “I’m pregnant”. Tyler started crying right there on his hands and knees bagging for my forgiveness, so I gave it to him. Sadly, that was the worst mistake I had ever done. After I forgave Tyler her started cleaning up his act he was home more often, he baby proofed the house, he even sold his motorcycle for a car. I was so happy until I decided to look into his wallet to see that he had about twenty $100 bills in it. I was concerned because his job at the radio station doesn’t pay that much where could he be getting all that money from, I didn’t say anything because there could be a logical explanation on why he has all that money there. About half way through my pregnancy Tyler started coming home late, and when I would confront him about it he would always say he was with his friends. Yeah right. So I followed him one night after work to see where he was going and to my surprise I saw him spying on a girl. I was so heartbroken again my stomach aced. As I kept watching him I saw that he followed the girl into an alley way and I saw him get out of the car with a gun, he shot her and drove away. I was so puzzled I could barely move I kept following him to see where he was going I saw him drive up to a train station where I saw a guy dressed in all black with a brief case, where I saw Tyler open it to see thousands of dollars unfold before my eyes I couldn’t witness this anymore for the first time in my life I was actually scared of Tyler.
When I came home I started balling my eyes out I didn’t know what to do, do I call the police, do I run. I was thinking about my options. I just found out my boyfriend was a hit man.  When he came home I had to act as normal as possible and I did just that. I slept with both eyes open that night. If only he didn’t ask me those fatal words “Will you marry me?” I wanted to spit in his face right there but I couldn’t know that I knew what he was capable of. I said “Yes” he was so happy I couldn’t go through with it, I knew that. I was having a baby on the way and I can’t have that baby looking up to his father that’s a hit man. That day I went to the police station and told them everything I turned my own fiancé in. That day when Tyler came home I confronted him about what I had seen and everything he confessed to all of it and once he did the police and FBI agents came out and arrested him. He was pledging for me to forgive him once again needless to say I didn’t. three weeks later I moved back to Nashville with my beautiful baby girl Bella.
When Bella was 2 I took her to go see her dad in jail he has never met her before we haven’t see each other since the day I testified against him in court. looking at him I just thought where was the smile he’d always put on my face every time I’d looked at him? My affectionate eyes that burned yielding unconditional love towards him? Gone. There was nothing he could do that would ever change that, I explained that to him, he was angry and not ready to let me go, he still loved me. I couldn’t put my life on hold for him I moved on I meet my wonderful husband Max and we have 3 wonderful children together. Looking back on it now I’m deeply happy told the cops about my boyfriend Tyler. I left Tyler to be someone who loves and appreciates me the way a lady should be. Also I became a successful author from my book “My hit man boyfriend” it was very successful in Virginia. There’s just one question people always ask me after their done reading my story “Do you forgive him?” I tell them fool me one-time shame on him and, fool me twice can’t put the blame on him so yes I do but I know that if I don’t I will always have to carry that burden instead of letting it go.



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.