Faith and Fate

Author's note: Every detail of this story is a piece of my soul. I got the inspiration from various aspects...  Show full author's note »
Author's note:

Every detail of this story is a piece of my soul. I got the inspiration from various aspects of my life: from movies to people I talk to but mostly it was the story of my mother. My mother had to immigrate from a young age and many emotions are involved with this concept. I also wanted to bring to the spotlight another valuable theme that is innocence. After reading To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee, this topic became very important to me. This topic is hidden in everything from political conflicts to law to personal times. I hope that when someome reads this story, they can realize something new as well.

« Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next »

Trust your Sweetheart

An unseasonably warm glow like orange juice lays on us, a couple being as close as they can be. “Thank-you for walking me home, Alex, but you should go. It’s getting dark.”
     “I’ve got to take care of my lady and keep her safe. That’s what a man is supposed to do, right?”
      “‘My man’, are you forgetting that I’m the feminist type? I don’t need to be taken care of by a man just for his sake of wanting to be one,” I say confidently, but lightly.
      “You are one hell of a good feminist. Alright then, still, I’m taking care of you and not just because I am a man but because I want to and I always did want to.” His words are like that of a best friend- relying, my grandfather- a storyteller, and a magician- could enter your mysterious soul, bring it up, and make it seem to appear for you. I press my face against one of his triceps as we stop at the building’s front steps.
     “That’s very sweet of you. I guess you liked the play, Romeo?”
     “Yes, too bad Masha didn’t play Juliet but she did amazing.” He gives me a loud peck on the hand. “See you soon, Juliet. I’ll call you tomorrow?” I agree, backing away, and blowing a kiss. A stranger may see two sweethearts parting, backs turned. This is time for our daily routine. One who would watch us every day knows that we turn around and anticipate the other one is staring. I see this look that says “Come here.” With full speed, I run and jump up onto him I give him real puckers all over his chilly face as he wants to do so back. “Have I told you I loved you, lately?” He holds me up with all his strength.
     “Only a million times but it feels like the first no matter how many times you say it.” I climb down. “I love you too, more than anything in the world.”  
     “Want to stay together forever, Sofia?” 
     “Yes. I want to get married in France.” Going to France was one of the things I daydreamed about in those lazy afternoons when I was laying down on my bed and the light through my windows gave the illusion that it was mid-summer. My ideas stretched as far as my knowledge and my figure stretched as I yawned and decided to see where life will take me.
     “I’ll do the cooking for you; you’ll do the cleaning for me. We’ll have one kid-”
     “Make that two!”
     “Three!”
     “Like it’s that easy!” I laugh, tipping my head up as he squeezes my chin.      “It’s too early to think about this, anyways.” We stare at each other for a couple of moments.
     “You… are… so …beautiful.” He says slowly and I see my reflection in his blue-gray eyes. Only in my drowsy midnight fantasies, has a young male voice told me that. At the same time, we lean in and we kiss passionately again. 

“I got to go. See you soon.” I run off and know he will stand in the same place until he sees me in the window.

This book has 4 comments. Post your own now!

KMG28 said...
Thank you for commenting!

Suzanne said...
What a magnificent job you did writing this many chapters long love story! There was suspense, and young romance, perfect combination. Your descriptions of feelings/emotions very realistic. Congratulations! Suzanne

alemargo said...
very beautiful and touching story

ALEMARGO00 said...
GREAT STORY!