Faith and Fate

Author's note: Every detail of this story is a piece of my soul. I got the inspiration from various aspects...  Show full author's note »
Author's note:

Every detail of this story is a piece of my soul. I got the inspiration from various aspects of my life: from movies to people I talk to but mostly it was the story of my mother. My mother had to immigrate from a young age and many emotions are involved with this concept. I also wanted to bring to the spotlight another valuable theme that is innocence. After reading To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee, this topic became very important to me. This topic is hidden in everything from political conflicts to law to personal times. I hope that when someome reads this story, they can realize something new as well.

« Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 Next »

A different kind of zeitgeist

During the next few days, the doctor decides that Grandmother be watched over until her home attendant returns. Beautiful conversations are happening that could say anything about a person if attention is given. I spend time with the people I adore. The bonds that are being formed are something indescribable, like the zeitgeist back home.

Alex falls on his bum ice-skating and I fall down with him to make him feel better. We have snowball fights in the town park and he accidently fires a shot at a stranger, which sends him remorse. After a snowstorm, when all is mute, and the hissing wind is all that’s there, we accompany it. We run through it and tenants watching from their windows think we are mad. After running through that weather with him, I get a cold and tell him I can’t see him. Rebelliously, he comes over to my place and shows off his cooking skills when he makes me chicken soup. He sits down next to me, with not a care for his own health, and reads to me as I use up tissues. When he isn’t reading, he brings his guitar and plays to me. Relaxation occupies me at the sound of every strum. As he is playing, I get a recollection of Grandfather. Grandfather took pride in the fact that he devoted most of his young life to that six-string. Soon, the tissue boxes are full and unused and I am feeling better. We continue to stare more intently at each other, stand closer, and kiss longer.

This book has 4 comments. Post your own now!

KMG28 said...
Thank you for commenting!

Suzanne said...
What a magnificent job you did writing this many chapters long love story! There was suspense, and young romance, perfect combination. Your descriptions of feelings/emotions very realistic. Congratulations! Suzanne

alemargo said...
very beautiful and touching story

ALEMARGO00 said...
GREAT STORY!