Love Tragedy | Teen Ink

Love Tragedy

By KimMiYoung, El Paso, Texas
KimMiYoung, El Paso, Texas

Author's note:

What inspired me to write this story was that i once had a friend whom i can absolutly trust, but actually betrayed me and tried to make my life miserable.

My name is Arianna. As I woke up today was a usual day. Today was going to be different I just knew it. Well, it was my first day of school I was entering my sophomore year and all the problems I left behind were in the summer this year was going to be mine. Once I arrived to school I received my schedule and went to my classes. There he was, the boy I've had a crush on since who knows when. That boy’s name was Ashton. I stopped seeing him since the 7th grade.
The whole world stopped and stood still when I saw him. It was like destiny was giving me a sign that we were meant to be. As I rushed into class, we made eye-contact and… and it was too good to be true that today was going to be my day. Tripping in front of the guy you like since like forever was not cool though at all! While everyone was laughing, he just looked and me and just smiled, so I smile back. It seemed to make everything fine.
I sat down next to my best friend Christine. This is what she had to say, "What a way to start the year Ary." I just told her "Geez, thanks for all your support and nice seeing you again by the way." As the day went on, Christy and I walked home and I told her how much has Ashton has changed. Christy told me that Ash and I wouldn't be a cute couple because he is seeing my archenemy Haley. We used to be friends but ever since the incident last summer, I guess you can say that we are no longer friends. 
The quick story between us last summer... her boyfriend and I were planning to throw her a special surprise party because I was going to celebrate our friendship anniversary and her boyfriend was going to celebrate their anniversary of being together for a year. Somehow fellow classmate saw Haley’s boyfriend and me spending so much time together. Which made Haley get the wrong impression and now hates both of us even though it was a whole misunderstanding.
  I've explained to her what was really going on, but she kept on saying     "Both of you are liars and I can't believe you Ary, that I considered you my friend. I can’t believe you would do this to me." Now, we hardly ever talk or make eye contact. I've decided to forget about it and just move on. Christy introduced me to her boyfriend Tim, and he was really tall; I felt tiny. Oh by the way I liked his new fresh haircut.
We all decided to go to this sushi bar named Haseyo. I'm going to be honest, I've never really liked sushi. I'm only eating this because I don't want to make my best friend feel bad and especially in front her boyfriend. This might sound like only a fat person would say, but I drown my sushi with soy sauce. I know... I know... gross huh? That's the only way anyone could get me to eat sushi. We headed back to my place and watched a movie. We also ordered pizza which was much better than what I had for lunch.
   After Tim left, Christy and I were trying to see what I could possibly wear tomorrow on the most wonderful day of school. I was about to reach for my phone I received a message from an unknown number, so I open the message and this is what it said: "Hey Arianna this is Ashton you know...well I'm in your English class say- I know this might sound odd and weird to ask you this, but would you consider helping me study for the test that’s on Friday? If you can could you come today at the Classic Cafe, here's the address 782132 Shellbayrose."
As I read this to Christy, she looked at me and told me “What are you waiting for girl? Its destiny I’ll see you tomorrow at school have fun.” I decided to go and help Ash with English. I still couldn't realize out of a million people on this planet, he decided to choose me. I’ve been chosen at last. I arrived to the cafe so before I even left my car. I added a little bit of my smoky wine lipstick and a dash of perfume. This was it, the moment I have been waiting for so long. I wasn’t dreaming anymore. I got out of my car and stepped inside. There he was, looking at me so happy to see me and he actually remembered me with a bonus he gave me a huge 20 points Ary! (Consciously saying “Good job”) We sat down at one of the tables at the coffee shop and I helped him with the story we are reading in class. It is ironic we were reading a romantic novel called Forever Summer.
It was getting late so I told Ash, “It's actually getting late and I have to get home.” “Oh… I didn’t realize how fast time flies heh” said Ash. Eventually we said our goodbyes. I couldn't wait to tell Christy, but it’ll have to wait till tomorrow.

I woke up the next day and got ready. Honestly I was really excited to go to school today. My mom dropped me off and as I was walking down the hallway. I was going to my locker; I just couldn’t believe my eyes, there he was waiting for me at my locker. I...I just couldn’t express how I felt in this moment. I guess you could say when you're on a rollercoaster and you feel butterflies in your stomach, that’s how I felt. I approached him and I said, “Hey!” with a smile. When I did that he did the same thing to me and we’re just walking and talking, so he told me, “It was nice hanging out with you.” I thought to myself, “Was I just helping him study or was it a date? Omg! What if it was a date and I totally showed him my nerdy side? Www gross.” So, I told him, “We were only studying right?” (With a really messed up, embarrassed, nervous tone) “Yeah? Totally I must've forgot ... hey I have to get to class I’ll see you at lunch okay?” He kissed me on my cheek and said goodbye OMG!!! Once more Ary scores 10 more point (screams with such joy).
I ran to find Christy. I really needed to tell her everything that happened yesterday as well as today. Christy was with me in Chemistry class. I had her as my lab partner. She asked “What happened with your lover boy? Did anything interesting happen>” She winked at me. As I told Christy about my “supposed date with Ash” and I also told her what happened before I entered class. She was literally freaking out.  I asked her “What’s wrong?” she said “What do you mean what's wrong? Can't you read in between the lines? Arianna are you that clueless? It's obvious that he likes you!” I didn’t know how to respond or act. I was completely shocked by what Christy said.
Days passed, and I still kept in mind what Christy had told me so when I saw Ashton, my heart was beating so hard I could have had an instant heart attack. Ashton saw me and was approaching me. I was still and I froze. It's as if this moment turned into something magical. I knew what I had been feeling towards him but knowing that he might have the same feelings could absolutely change my life for sure. Ashton was in front of me I just told him, “Hey!” he responded “Hey Arianna.” This was the moment of truth. I knew it in my gut that something was going to happen between us and sure enough I totally jinxed it. Ashton said to me:  “Hey Ary, do you have any plans for this weekend?” Arianna responded “Actually I don’t why do you ask?”  He said “Well, I was wondering if you would like to go out with me this week at Le Vous restaurant?” I was so in shock I couldn't believe this was happening. My heart was beating so fast that I felt my heart was just going to jump out of my chest. So, I told Ash “Sure… what time would you like to meet?”  He said “How about Saturday at 7:00...oh yeah and what was your home address so that I may pick you up.”  She said “I live at 808 Flight Ave.”
There couldn’t be anything else that would make me happier. I knew that Ashton had a girlfriend which was Haley. This was a chance for him to know me so that he can know who is really there for him will care, and lead him from his solitude.
Now this is Ashtons Point of View after he had asked Arianna out:
I really think Arianna is a nice girl you can tell that she cares about me and agrees with me in certain things. On the other hand Haley I might have second thoughts about her only because she has been corrupted with the idea that Arianna is hanging out with me so often. I really don’t feel our spark anymore. Even we been going out for a while, this isn’t what my heart desires. My heart wants Arianna she is the one who brought that spark again, and she brings me joy, excitement, and happiness in my life. 
Ashton calls Haley:
“Hey Haley can we meet at the park I really need to tell you something that is really important.” Haley answered “Ok, babe I’ll be there I hope everything is okay.” Once they both meet up at the park Ashton breaks the news to her and tells her that their relationship is over she gets made and l leaves.
Haley is very mad not at Ash, but at Arianna she tells herself: “Why is she always taking the thing that I love the most away from me! She was never a good friend and now she is not a good stranger either, and this means war between both of us. There won’t be any hesitation I will get my revenge.”

Haley had sworn that she will get her revenge on Arianna for being an “unfaithful friend.” She had plan to take her revenge once Ashton made it clear to everyone that Arianna and him were a couple.
Going back with Arianna she was all ready for her date with Ash and she was waiting for him. While she was waiting for him Haley decide to take her revenge on Ariana earlier than expected.
Ashton picked Arianna up they went to their romantic dinner date. They arrived at the restaurant and were seated next to the beautiful view of the beach. After dinner, they went to take a walk to the beach. Ashton asked Arianna if she wanted to be his girlfriend. She was with such joy and kissed him and hugged his armed while they were walking.
Out of the blue Haley is there and like how she planned she took action and approached them both. She went up to Arianna and told her “HOW COULD YOU!’’ Haley has a rock in her hand just looked at Arianna with such hate and hit her with the rock and made her bleed out and ran. Ashton rushed his Ary to the hospital and told her “love don't worry we are almost there please stay with me don’t close your eyes. As they arrived at the hospital the doctors observed her and did some X-rays and told him that her part of her skull entered her brain and that she needed immediate surgery. Ashton told the doctor that they should do the surgery.
Ashton calls Arianna’s Friend to call her parents to come to the hospital because she’s been hit badly in her head. As Ariana's parents arrived Ashton is scared and cries and tells her parents “I’m so sorry I couldn't protect you daughter we were on our date and asked her to be my girlfriend then we went on a walk at the beach then my ex- girlfriend comes and hits Arianna with a rock on her head sees that she is bleeding and runs of…. I’m so sorry.”
Arianna parents asked the doctors and to see if the surgery was a success. The doctor comes out of the surgery room comes and asked who is Ariana's parents. Her parents step up and the doctor takes a deep breath in and tells them that she unfortunately didn't make it through the surgery because of too much blood on her brain.
Ashton, Christy, and Ariana's parents shed in tears and cry. They all asked if they could see their Arianna they told them to wait 20 mins. After the doctors were done they let Ariana's parents, and friends come in. Ariana’s parents tell their dead child “My baby… My baby… why would someone try to harm my child… my beautiful child. We love my baby.”
Christy comes in next (Crying) “Arianna we been friends for about 11 years how could you possibly leave me like this you're my sister. Sisters are supposed to stick together forever and ever. You can just leave… I will avenge your death I’ll make sure Haley will pay the price for sure.” 
Last was Ashton “My love, even though we just started going out and I just had asked you to be my girlfriend. Before Ary I have notice you since forever I just didn’t know how to tell you that I’ve had a crush on you and your gone just like that.... you can’t I love you and I always will.”  He then kisses Arianna on her lips knowing that her body was getting cold. Ashton could never forget the love of his life from the very beginning where he had a crush on her.

After the funeral ceremony Ariana's parents and Ashton went to go and file a report on who killed Arianna. Days later they go and get Haley from her house and arrested her for murder.
And until this day no one will forget how happy and how much joy Arianna brought to everyone. Especially Ashton after 20 years and being married and having children he won't ever forget his Arianna. Ashton steps out of his house and walks by the beach and talks to himself and says “Arianna if you were here we would of have our little family and be happy and grow old together.” Then suddenly there's a lock necklace with a note inside of it that appeared out of the blue so then Ashton picks it up and opens the lock and finds the note and reads it. “Ashton I will always be in your heart no matter what. I found my happiness thanks to your love for me and I am so grateful. Now you alone can take out love take flight. I love you Ashton.”  Ashton cries and then has a smile on his face then just holds the necklace with the note in it and continues his walk on the beach.