The Ellipses | Teen Ink

The Ellipses

January 22, 2014
By tateriguess BRONZE, Mattaponi, Virginia
tateriguess BRONZE, Mattaponi, Virginia
1 article 1 photo 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
“Sometimes I’m terrified of my heart; of its constant hunger for whatever it is it wants. The way it stops and starts.” ~Edgar Alan Poe


Summary:

3 friends, Alex Luke and Taylor, all go our and seek adventure in the form of a road trip across the U.S. together, hoping it will give them all a chance to know each other better. But what if it tears them apart instead. Love, lust, fun, adventure, and alcohol, is all packed full in this novel. ENJOY!


Taylor M.

The Ellipses


Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 6 comments.


Claire_M said...
on Sep. 3 2020 at 10:52 am
Claire_M, A City, Oklahoma
0 articles 0 photos 9 comments

Favorite Quote:
Nonexistent. Control is nonexistent. Whoever created the word is insane, it just doesn’t exist. By definition nonexistent means not real or present. The word nonexistent should be nonexistent.

is there another chapter coming?
this is really good i love it.

on Apr. 30 2014 at 12:26 pm
TaylorWintry DIAMOND, Carrollton, Texas
72 articles 0 photos 860 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Never fear shadows. They simply mean there's a light shining somewhere nearby." - Unknown

No problem! I definitely enjoyed it. (:

on Apr. 28 2014 at 9:35 pm
tateriguess BRONZE, Mattaponi, Virginia
1 article 1 photo 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
“Sometimes I’m terrified of my heart; of its constant hunger for whatever it is it wants. The way it stops and starts.” ~Edgar Alan Poe

Thank you so much for everything! I know, I'm not very good with grammar, and i do tend to make a lot of mistakes, which could probably be easily fixed if i proof-read it before I submit it. Seriously though, that was the first real criticism I've gotten on it. I will definitely go back and change a few things. I hope you will enjoy the changes.

on Apr. 27 2014 at 3:16 pm
TaylorWintry DIAMOND, Carrollton, Texas
72 articles 0 photos 860 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Never fear shadows. They simply mean there's a light shining somewhere nearby." - Unknown

I'm writing this live so you can get a better idea of my feelings. Grammar is a big problem throughout the whole book. You need to fix it. It makes me almost uninterested. Also, it's insane that her parents didn't question all of her lies. And the fact that all the parents would give 100's of $'s? A little unrealistic, in my opinion. I don't think you should've included her falling down the stairs near the end of the first chapter. It kind of seemed like a filler and was almost childish. Don't add fluff to your book just for length; everything needs a meaning. I love the remark about the doors. That's really cool; you should include more of those. I don't like how you use caps all the time to portray yelling... It seems a little forced to me, and I feel like you can use other words to show that they're yelling. Just my opinion. I love how you make them all into the same type of music. I think you should include their ages more. The alcohol bit with the girl not knowing what beer even looked like made her seem really young. I feel like they're not acting their age. It's also kind of weird that Luke and the girl could hold up a convo like that when they're so "wasted." Never mind, I see it now with her giggling. Nice kissing description!! Nice! Those aren't really "light" themes, but I loved it nonetheless. It was funny when he was like "oh I know how to use it." Super powerful and realistic. I found myself laughing when Alex returned!! It's weird because my name is Taylor too, so every time I see that name I think of myself in that situation. Awkward, but hey. Aww keyboarding class. ((: I think she jumped into the relationship with Alex a little fast, especially after their little adventure. I would've maybe made things a little tense between the three of them and then have Alex ask T out later. But that's just me. Overall, wow. Very good plot. You developed it well too. Don't forget some other corrections I had at the beginning, though. ^ lots of potential.

on Jan. 26 2014 at 5:37 pm
tateriguess BRONZE, Mattaponi, Virginia
1 article 1 photo 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
“Sometimes I’m terrified of my heart; of its constant hunger for whatever it is it wants. The way it stops and starts.” ~Edgar Alan Poe

I'm almost done with the second chapter! but it still has to be checked by them(teenink), so just keep your eyes out for it. im glad you liked it :)

on Jan. 26 2014 at 4:13 pm
Anon.Writer SILVER, Loveland, Ohio
5 articles 0 photos 16 comments
FINISH IT!!! I want to know what happens! This is really good!