One Last Summer | Teen Ink

One Last Summer

August 2, 2013
By Skyler_Jones, Waterbury, Connecticut
More by this author
Skyler_Jones, Waterbury, Connecticut
0 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
I'm about to ball this!


Author's note: I was inspired to write this by October Baby.

Phoebe Strider had her whole life ahead of her kids, a career, marriage but no. Phoebe found out there was a tumor in her head, her doctors give her to the end of the summer for a risky surgery. Her chances are slim, but she wants to live her life like she planned. Her life is a mess come to find out her parents aren't her real parents, Phoebe is heart broken.
With her best friends by her side she will travel the country fulfilling her life long dreams and finding her true parents. But Phoebe finds more than she was looking for a long life love, a chance, and a reality she never thought possible. How would you spend your last few months?
Sam has been Phoebe's best friend since as long as they can remember, but eversince then Sam has loved her. He's gone year after year being near her keeping her happy and loving her secretly. But when he finds out she doesn't have long he will stop at nothing to make her last three months her best. How would you feel if the one you loved was dying?

"Are you ready!" I yelled at Sam as me and him walked through the crowds to 'The Batman' roller coaster.

"I'm coming Phoebe give me a second, Ana Keith are you guys coming?" Glancing to the right I saw my best friend and her boyfriend making out as if hanging on for dear life.

"They're not coming let's go."

"Would you please calm down you're acting like a little kid."

"Isn't that what Six Flags is all about bringing out your inner kid."

"I have a feeling that saying doesn't apply to you." He smirked and I hit his shoulder, "What was that for!?"

"For hurting my feelings." We ran to the line and saw how long it was when a few girls up in front of us yelled Sam's name.

"Sammy you can cut us." He grinned and pulled me with him to be in front of those girls, they all threw me dirty looks but I flagged them off. I looked at Sam and smiled when he caught me.

"Like what you see?"

"Yeah that jacket is awesome."

"Please just admit you're turned on just by looking at me." I gawked at him but laughed.

"No. Come on we're next." We rushed up the line and found a seat in the middle and buckled in.

"You ready?" Sam looked down at me and I nodded my head.

"Readier then I'll ever be."

"You're so weird."

"Look who's talking I have no idea why I'm friends with you." The ride began and I remembered why I was Sam's friend.

***

It was back when I first moved to Florida, I was seven at the time. My parents didn't want me to get in the way of the movers, so they gave me my bike and told me to go exploring the neighborhood. I came to a right and realized it was a hill, I tried to use my breaks but I was going to fast, I tried to use my feet to stop but I was wearing sandals so they got scuffed up.

"HELP." I screamed hoping someone would hear me, but no one did. I started crying when I saw him a small boy around my age, sand blonde hair, and he was swinging on a tire swing.

"Please help me!!!" He glanced up and ran at me, he tried to catch up but couldn't.

"You have to jump!" He screamed.

"I can't!!"

"You have to your you'll get crushed." He pointed forward and I saw a busy street and got even more scared, "You have to jump!"

I nodded swinging one leg to the right while holding the bike steady, I leaped and he caught me. He was taken off guard so we both fell backwards, laughing we looked up at my bike so close to that busy rode I shivered.

"That was close." I smiled as he said it, "I'm Sam."

"Phoebe I just moved here."

"You mean in the blue up the street." I nodded and he helped me up.

"Thanks I better get going." After that day I would always find Sam on his tire swing or on my front porch waiting for me. We've been best friends ever since he saved my life.

***

"We're almost there!" I flashed back to reality as Sam yelled, looking down I saw we were really high and I was loving it.

"Come on get to the top." I grabbed Sam's hand and squeezed, he looked at me and smiled. He squeezed my hand back and I felt my cheeks flush, What was wrong with me? When the ride stopped at the top I wrapped my arms around Sam and yelled with glee.

"Woohoo!!" Sam's wrapped came to my sides and the cart lurched forward, I yelled and so did Sam our voices rang through the air. Going through twists and turns me and Sam yelled the whole time enjoying ourselves, it came to a stop and I knew my hair was a hot mess and my face was flushed.

"That was awesome!!!" I screamed and Sam laughed.

"Yeah but you look awful."

"Aww hurtful Sam."

"Aww you know you love me." He wrapped his arms around my shoulders and I giggled, when I heard Ana's voice.

"I knew you two looked cute together." She smiled when Keith kissed her neck, "If you two wanna come we're going on the Music Festival." We nodded and followed her to the ride, she got on with Keith because they wanted to make out some more. So I climbed in with Sam.

The ride began and we rocked the cart back and forth laughing as we did it, the music played and I sang along with Sam. He wrapped his arm around me and I blushed again, what was with me today? After it was over I had to get home because it was getting late, I rushed to get Ana but she shook her head.

"Sorry Bee but I ain't gotta be home till later and I wanna spend some more time with Keith do you think you can get a ride with Sam?" I knew since she was sixteen her mom let her stay out late, I was only fifteen and my parents were really strict I was always the youngest of my friends Sasha was sixteen and so was Ana, Keith, and Sam.

"Yeah sure I'll get a ride with Sam." I kissed her on the cheek and watched as she left with Keith, turned my eyes searched for my bestie when I saw him, "Sam!"

He turned and waved as I ran over, he picked me up and I smiled, "I knew you couldn't resist me."

"Oh shut up I need a ride home hot stuff." I tried to say subduing but he bust out laughing.

"Nice try but that didn't work but you know I'd give you a ride come on."

"Thanks Sammy." He wrapped his arm around my shoulders and we walked to his car, since Sam was already sixteen going on seventeen he had already gotten his license. Climbing in the car he turned it on and blasted the music, that's what I loved about Sam he was a free spirit.

Just being around him made you wanna laugh, or smile, or just be happy. I always enjoyed being with him it made me feel bubbly inside, not that I liked Sam. Ana always said we looked like a cute couple but Sam was my best friend, I didn't want to ruin our friendship. He was like my older brother I've always wanted, but I'm not going to lie I do have a crush on him. He was my first kiss.

It was my thirteenth birthday and we had snuck away from the party an went to his tire swing, he was pushing me when I laughed.

"I love when you laugh." He said and made my cheeks burn.

"Aww thanks Sam." I went to hug him and fell out of the swing, we rolled and wrestled until we came to a stop. Sam was on top o me making my breath run short. He brushed a hair from my face showing the redness of my cheeks, then he reached down and kissed me. My instincts kicked in and kissed him back, his lips were soft and just perfect. When he pulled away I was out of breath and he helped me up, amazingly we went back to the party not mentioning the kiss again.

"Phoebe?" I glanced up to see Sam staring at me smirking.

"What?"

"We're here." I looked out the window and sure enough I was in front of my house.

"Oh damn well thanks for the ride Sam." His smile turned to a frown and I climbed out, shutting the door I started to walk up to my front door.

"Phoebe wait!" Sam ran up to me and I smiled.

"What Sam?"

"I um just..." He looked down at me and I saw how perfect his eyes looked their hazel color. My eyes dropped to his lips as he parted them, "Phoebe?"

I looked up and his hand cupped my cheek and he brought his lips to mine. Closing my eyes I kissed him back as my body was pushed against his truck, he kissed me passionately making me groan for more. He smiled against my lips as I pulled him closer, his hands held my hips pulling me up to him. When we pulled away I was completely out of breath.

"I've been wanting to do that since I met you." His voice was sweet and his eyes full of love.

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"I didn't know if you felt the same way."

"I always did ever since we kissed."

"I was the perfect first kiss." He laughed.

"How do you know you were my first kiss?"

"I just knew." I giggled and he walked me to my door. I got a text and saw it was from my mom.

'Hey honee I'm gonna wrk late tonite and your dad's not coming home until tomoro. See you latr Hon' and with that I smiled.

"Nobody's gonna be home for a while." I smirked and Sam played with my hair.

"What does that mean?"

"Stay."

"I can't have you met your dad?" It was true my dad was always protective of me when it came to boys.

"I'll lock my door."

"Fine since you're begging." We walked into my house and I looked around noticing my proper home. My mother was all about appearances the perfect couches, matching decorations, and clean floors and knick knacks. We ran up the stairs to my room and I slammed the door open, unlike my house my room was just the opposite. Posters of celebrities, pictures from magazines, clothes everywhere, my keyboard and laptop laying on the ground, and my bed never made. I loved it that way.

"I just enjoy coming into your room sometimes." Sam laughed and sat on my bed, I walked over to my dresser and pulled out shorts and a long sleeved shirt.

"Don't look."

"I promise I will." Rolling my eyes I changed in to my pjs knowing Sam watched the whole time, when I turned back around he was down to his t-shirt and boxers. I giggled locking my door and walked over to him, he pulled me on his lap. He looked up at me and wrapped his arms around my waist, my deep brown hair fell in the way but he just pushed it away. I reached down and kissed him, he pulled me closer deepening our kiss. He laid back and I rolled over leaving him on top, his lips trailed down my cheek then stopped at my neck. His lips grazed my collar bone and I moaned inwardly, my legs wrapped around his waist bringing him closer. His hands roamed up and down my back making my back arch up against him.

"Sam...." I whispered and his lips came back to mine, I kissed him back hard when his teeth nibbled on my lip asking for entrance and I agreed. Opening my mouth his tongue explored mine leaving the both of us groan, I started to pull his t-shirt off when he pulled away.

"No Phoebe we can't."

I looked at him and felt disappointed as he climbed off letting me get up, "You don't want me?"

"Phoebe you know I do, I just don't think we can do that yet I don't wanna take advantage of you."

"You're not."

"No I just can't Phoebe." He didn't look at me and I knew it was not the reason, I curled my knees to my neck and hugged them. Tears came to my eyes and he came to my side.

"Is it me?"

"No Phoebe you're not the reason I just care about you too much to do something like that before you were ready." Before I could say anything he took my face in his hands bringing it to his face. Our lips met and he kissed me hard including every inch of my lips "I love you Phoebe and I want you to know that."

I nodded and he pulled me in his arms and under my blanket, we cuddled there for hours before I began to fall asleep.

I had one thing tugging at me, "Sam?"

"Yeah Pheebs?"

"Why do you love me?"

"Why don't I there's too much to list."

I smiled but looked at his hazel eyes, "Name something."

"Everything."

"Mmm." I'm not really a morning person but for some reason I was really happy today, trying to turn over something weighed me down. I twisted in my spot and saw Sam, his eyes were looking into mine while his hands played in my hair.

"How did you sleep?"

"Fabulous when did you come into my bed?" He smiled as I rubbed his cheek with my finger.

"After you practically tried to date rape me."

"Oh I remember now we almost were under my sheets but you stopped." I amazingly remembered how me and Sam going a little fast before he stopped, "Yeah I think we need to get up."

"Hmm maybe in a few but I wanna stay here for a little while longer." Pulling me close he brought his lips to mine and lightly kissed me as I kissed him back. I didn't care that he had morning breath, I kissed him deeply. I put my leg and wrapped it around him and he held me tight....

"Knock knock." I quickly yanked away from Sam when I heard my mother's voice, "Honey are you up?"

"Um yeah mom just got up!"

"Okay why is the door locked?"

"Oh I was getting dressed."

"Alright well your dad went to a meeting and I'm off to work if you need anything just call." And with that I listened to her heels clink down the hall and a door shut.

"That was too close."

"Tell me about it." There was a loud growl and I looked down at my stomach, "Well looks like you're hungry."

"Very."

"Well how about we go get some food."

"Omg please." Kissing him quickly I jumped up from the bed and to my closet, searching it I found my red shorts, purple red shoulder shirt, and high tops. Rushing to my bathroom I brushed my teeth and looked up to see Sam right next to me doing the same.

"What?"

"Nothing." I giggled and finished as he put on his sneakers, after getting ready me and Sam ran out my house racing yo his truck he picked me up and swung me around.

"Sam stop!" I giggled and he opened the door throwing me in, laughing he climbed in next to me and started the car. He drove the car passing Ana's house, the park, and coming into the parking lot of iHop. Since Sam's sister worked here we always got in quickly.

"Come on Sam I'm starving."

"Okay." He opened the door and I rushed to the counter, Brittany turned and smiled at us.

"Hey guys what's up?"

"Starvation." She laughed.

"Well follow me there's a booth in the back."

"Thanks Britt."

"No problem Phoebe you're like the sibling I've always wanted."

"What about me?"

"Oh Sam I'd trade you two any day."

"Hurtful." He put a hand to his heart looking hurt as we sat down.

"What do you guys want?"

"Chocolate chip pancakes two orders, scrambled cheddar eggs, bacon crispy, and one orange juice and a frappicino." Sam smiled and I blushed.

"The regular coming right up."

"We do order that a lot huh?"

"Every time." WE sat in the seat talking until Brittany brought us our food, right when she put them down I started eating right away. My stomach was empty and needed to be filled. One half of a pancake, a couple of eggs, and one strip of bacon left I heard Sam laugh and looked up.

"What?"

"Nothing you just look so hungry." He laughed making my cheeks glow red when I felt this pain in the side of my head. Putting my hand to my head but it throbbed worse, "Phoebe are you okay?"

I tried to say something but I couldn't there was nothing in my mouth, nothing clouding my throat. I just couldn't speak.

"Phoebe?" I looked up then a pain shot through my head and I shot out of my seat feeling my body shake, I tried to calm down but my vision was clouded.

"Ohmigod someone call an ambulance!"

Sam yanked my head making me look at him, "Phoebe look at me, keep breathing."

"She's having a seizure!!"

"Is anyone a doctor!?"

"Please someone help!!"

"Phoebe!!!" Brittany's voice rang in my ears making me wince, she and Sam kept yelling and trying to keep me up. But they were both fading from my vision, my eyes became droopy and the world went dark.

****

"Phoebe sweetie if you can hear me move something anything." I listened to the voice and twitched my nose, "Oh good God Ja-Jason get in here I think she's waking up."

Moving my head, wiggling my toes, and shrugging my shoulders my eyes fluttered open to see my parents looking at me with hopeful looks on their faces.

"Oh baby girl you had us worried how are you feeling?" My dad ruffled my hair lightly making me smile.

"Fine I guess what happened" I looked around to see we were in a hospital room, "what are we doing in a hospital?"

"You were out with Sam when you had a seizure thank goodness someone quickly called an ambulance."

"Where's Sam now?" I tried to stand up but a pain in my side wouldn't let me.

"Phoebe no stay down you need to rest."

"Where is Sam at?"

"He's the cafeteria getting coffee." My mother said in surrender.

"I'm sorry how long have I been here?"

"Two days after your seizure Sam said you wouldn't respond or wake up we've been here ever since."

"No wonder you guys look beat." I said and try gave me a look, "Sorry I know you guys must have been worried."

"Don't be sorry it's not your fault."

"She's up?" We all turned to see Sam and a worried smile on his face.

"Yeah it's so good to see you." He walked over placing the coffee down and pulled me in a hug, I hugged him back but pulled away because of my parents. Glancing at them their eyes had bags, my dad was falling asleep, and they really needed sleep.

"Why don't you guys go home and get some sleep?"

"No we won't leave you alone."

"I'm not alone I have Sam."

"Yeah I won't let her out of my sight." I smiled at Sam and he winked.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah dad go home and you guys do have to work so go home."

"Okay we'll be back in the morning." And with that they left leaving me and Sam alone.

"How do you feel?"

"Fine just fine."

"You had me so worried Phoebe."

"I'm sorry Sam I couldn't control it."

"It's not your fault Pheebs just promise me you won't put me through that again."

"I'll try." Smiling a growl came from my stomach and I reached for the tray next to me, Sam stood up and grabbed the top.

"It seems you're hungry may I interest you in," lifting the top I gagged "some cold outdated turkey, slim mac and cheese, and some nice mucas lima beans?"

"Gag me that's gross." I sighed my stomach growling louder.

"You need food you've been out for two days and deserve a nice delicious hot meal, be right back." And with that Sam fled out my door leaving me alone. Glancing around me the room a had a errie lonely feel, the rain pelted against the window hard, shadows creeped around my walls, and the darkness seemed to grow. Shrieking in my head I yanked the blanket over my head, I pulled my knees to my chest when I heard a creak.

"Phoebe?" I relaxed hearing sam's voice, "What's wrong?"

"Nothing this place just gives me the creeps." Laughing he kissed me forehead and I noticed two containers in his hands.

"Guess what I got," he opened one and my mouth watered seeing the big cheeseburger and mountain of fries. Yanking it out of his hand I quickly bit into the burger savoring the gooey cheese and tomatoes and lettuce, I stuffed my face with fries while biting the burger, "Pheebs please slow down the last time you ate like this you were out for two days."

I quickly wiped my mouth and swallowed the remains, "Sorry."

"It's okay you wanna watch tv," I nodded and he began flicking through channels when we came upon Spongebob, "Oh look what's on."

We sat there eating our meals and watching the full Spongebob marathon, I guess I doozed off because when I opened my eyes Sam was asleep and it was eleven at night. I lightly shook him and he yanked his head off the side of my bed and his eyes landed on me, a smile creeped to my face as I saw the drool on his cheek.

"Oh hey what happened?"

"We fell asleep."

"Oh well I better go get in that little cot then...it's so uncomfortable." I thought as he said it and smiled.

"Lay here with me."

"Nah I don't want you to feel uncomfortable."

"I feel uncomfortable with you not here." He thought it over and he decided to take me up on my deal, lightly placing his hands under me he lifted me with so much care and put me to the other side of my bed. Taking his shoes off he laid down next to me and wrapped his arms around me, I snuggled into the crook of his neck and grinned.

"You comfy."

"Perfect."

"Goodnight Phoebe."

"Night Sammy." I kissed him and fell in a sweet dream of color and love.




*****

"Eh hmm." I felt myself wince at the voice but knew who it was.

"Do you know what time it is!?" My voice still groggy.

"Yes time to get the hell up NOW!" The voice demanded and I started to turn around and found Sam snoring so lightly.

"I really need to stop waking up so suprised at this."

"HELLO!?!?" I got out from under Sam's arm and faced the one person who I was always afraid of from time to time.

"Hey honey."

"Don't 'hey honey' me you've been in a hospital for two days knocked out cold, but when you wake up you just completely forget I exist. That hurts Pheebs we've been bestfriends for years YEARS and I'm the last to kno my bestfrend is out of a coma!!!" I looked up at my bestfriend seeing the angry look on her face but hurt in her eyes.

"Ana I'm so sorry I didn't call you I really meant to but you know the whole gone for two days then the late awake last night, and the falling...." She cut me off.

"Asleep in Sam's arms, the same eight year old Sam that saved the dreadful day on that bike, the same Sam we grew up with, the same Sam that was like the older brother neither of us had, that same Sam?"

"I guess." I knew there was a blush that came to my cheeks making them burn and she growled.

"When did you plan on telling me?"

"The day after Sixflags it happened that night but the seizure thing happened so I didn't get the chance. Please Annie please don't be mad at me." This was the same girl that I grew up with, was blood sisters with, the same girl that explained sex to me. I met Ana that September I came to Florida, she was frineds with Sam so he interduced us. She didn't really like me at first, later she told me it was because she thought I was taking Sam from her. She and Sam were bestfriends and thought I'd ruin their friendship, but after a while she got used to me, we began hanging out, and we just came to love each other. She was the girl who I cried to when I guy broke my heart, the same girl that called me every day before my birthday at midnight, the one who stood up for me when there wassomeone bothering me. This was my bestfriend the love of my life (not that way), the girl who made me feel like me when I felt alone, without her I don't know what I'd do.

"Oh you kow I can't stay mad at you for long." And with that she threw her arms around me making me giggle, I hugged her back loving the feeling of her hugs.

"You know you're such a drama queen, even though something is not about you, you find a way to make it about you?" She laughed.

"You know it babes." I felt tears come to my eyes and hear grunting, we pulled away to see a grumpy Sam.

"What the hell is with all the racket?"

Ana smiled and punched his arm, "You dog it's about time you made a move couldn't hold it in anymore could you?"

"Nope just couldn't help myself she's just perfect."

My cheeks burned red, "Aww."

"Ewww gag me." We all laughed when there was a knock at te door.

"Um I'm looking for a Ms. Phoebe Strider?" We all turned to se a blonde nurse about twenty.

"That's um I'm Phoebe."

"The doctor would like to see you you're tests are back." We all jumped off my bed and followed her out of my room, the whole time my hands clenched Sam and Ana's hands. the wait was killing me t know what was wrong with me.

Grabbing Sam's hand he squeezed back and Ana took my other one, we followed the short blonde down like twenty halls when she stopped. We all froze and I could feel my breath stop, but she opened the door and we walked in. At a desk sat a man maybe in his fifties with salt and pepper hair, glasses, and a cheesy grin.

"Well hello Me. Strider, I'm Dr. Thomas but since you've been asleep most of the time I was your doctor you wouldn't know that." His voice was sweet and kinda deep.

"Phoebe please it's nice to meet you as well."

"Your parents did say you were spunky, and this must be Samuel."

"Sam" I corrected "and this is Ana my sister."

"A pleasure to meet you all might your parents be here?"

"Actually I called them and they said they were on their way Doctor." The blonde whispered fixing her glasses.

"Thank you Rebbecca you can leave." With that she quickly left the room.

"So doctor what are my tests looking like?"

"I'm sorry Phoebe but I think we should wait for your parents to get here then we'll discuss them."

"I'm sorry Dr. Thomas but I do believe that they are my tests." My voice became edgier and I saw Ana in the corner of my eye look at me.

"I do not mean to offend you Ms. Strider but I am thinking in the best interest of you."

"I do not mean to offend you doctor but they are my tests I do have the right to my own test results."

Sam put his hand on my stomach to pull me away from the doctor but I kept my eyes on his.

"I understand you want to see YOUR test results but it would be in the best interest for you to wait until your parents came. Family is always necessary while hearing a test result." He kept his cool but I could tell I made him nervous.

"Look doctor I think it would be in your best interest if you told me my test results, or you're going to have one very hormonal fifteen year old running up and down these halls screaming shouting and disturbing very sick old people." Barring my teeth at him I could hear him gulp and the air filled with tension when the door banged open.

"Oh dear that was surely a lot of traffic we would have been here earlier but there was an accident on the highway so we got stuck. How are you sweetie." My mom walked over kissed my forehead, ruffled Sam's hair, and poked Ana's nose, she has been doing that since we were all little.

"Ah Mrs. Strider-"

"Remi please."

"I can see where you get it from," he glanced at me and I grinned "might your husband be here as well?"

"Oh yes he is..." Just as she said it my dad walked in and took a seat in the love seat near the door and smiled, "....here." With a shrug my mom took the seat next to the desk and I glanced at Sam and Ana.

"You guys can wait outside I'll be out soon." With that Ana squeezed my hand one more time and Sam looked at me deeply, giving him a slight nod and smile he left. I turned to face the doctor and he forced a smile waving for me to sit, giving in my body dropped into the chair as my mom grabbed my hand.

"Well folks it looks like you're ready but I just wanna let you know..."

"Just get on with it!!" I screamed making everyone jump, "Sorry anxious."

"Okay well I'm not sure how to say thins....have you ever heard of 'Post Traumatic Fetal Disturbance'?" We all looked at each other and I tried to get my head around the term but couldn't.

"Um doctor I'm pretty sure none of us know what that is." Thank god for dad.

"It's when a mother is pregnant with her baby that something or someone harms the baby in a way, like the mother accidentally trips, or some hit her stomach while still pregnant." I looked at my mother trying to understand what he was saying.

"Um Dr. Thomas what are you getting at?"

"Well Mrs. Strider it seems that while you were pregnant with Phoebe something had struck or harmed her, leaving something that only happens 25% of the time when a baby is harms." He looked down at his papers and sighed, "Phoebe was struck in a part of her head causing a blood vessel in her head to be cut off, she has a tumor....that has been growing since she was born."

My mouth hung open as I pressed my hand all around my head but felt no bump or anything out of ordinary. My breathe caught in my throat and tears burned my eyes, my parents looked at me but their expressions were blurry from the tears.

"Dr. Thomas there must be a mistake no one can live their whole life with a tumor growing everyday."

"Actually it's very likely it's possible that is was growing at a small rate for these past years and has gotten to that point where it is able to effect Phoebe."

"Then get it out!!" I shrieked and they all shot up away from me.

"There is a problem Phoebe, the tumor is very close to your brain and one bad move can be catastrophic, but there is surgery to remove it" we all looked at him "it will remove the tumor and promise a normal life but there are other risks."

"Like what?"

"It's a one in third chance 1. The surgery could go perfectly and she'll be the same girl you know her as, 2. Something can get tipped or slightly touch your brain causing her to be paralyzed, or 3. a untimely death." Gulping my bravery I flopped back in the chair and the tears streaked down my cheeks.

"Doctor there has to be another way can't we just leave it and act as if it's not there like we have for the past fifteen years?" My dad's voice was shaky as he spoke.

"Unlikely if she's already having seizures she will be put at a great risk a stroke, heart attack, and the less blood that this blood vessel stops sending the more she'll be put in danger." All his words sunk in feeling like they were slapping my in the face.

"There's no other way?"

"I'm afraid not."

"Then schedule a surgery right away the sooner the better right!?" My mother was hysterical.

"It's not that simple there needs to be a pint of blood available for reference, but we have many other people in waiting for blood just like you. We will put you on a waiting list but the earliest we can get you blood is August."

"Well what about my parents I can get there blood?"

"I'm sorry but neither of your parents have your blood type." Wat he said puzzled me making me shoot right up in my chair.

"Wait that couldn't be right, I'd learned in Science class that every child gets one of their parents blood type unless...."

"Phoebe do you not know your parents aren't your re..."

"Doctor I'd really appreciate it if wouldn't finish that sentence." My dad said through barred teeth and I was confused as my mother looked at me.

"What aren't you guys?" They looked at me and put their heads down, I glanced at Dr. Thomas as he put a paper in a folder. I snatched it and they looked up at me, my heart stopped when I saw what it was My birth certificate. It showed my name then M. Nash and my parents name, but what stopped me was at the bottom it said "Adopted," I whispered to myself.

"Sweetie we were going to tell you we just didn't know when." The tears that had stopped had come back and were soaking my shirt, my dad stood up and walked over to me but I flung my arms around to keep him away.

"Don't touch me!!!" My eyes were blood red, my jaw clenched, and my body shaking as the tears flowed. My mother slowly walked over and I looked between them feeling like every day of my life was a complete lie, my lip trembled and I let out a small whine.

"Phoebe sweetie." My mother made her way over and wrapped her arms around me.

"Are you guys my real parents?"

Silence filled the room.

"Are you or aren't you!?"

My dad sighed and I looked up at him, "No we're not we adopted you when you were two days old." My eyes opened and I looked at him and instantly felt like this was all wrong, pulling away from my mother I walked over to the doctor's desk.

"What is the estimated date for the surgery?"

He rummaged through papers and papers then looked up at me, "August 23rd."

"Thank you please schedule it for that day" I looked at the two I knew as my parents but couldn't call them that, "sign my release papers wanna get out of here." They nodded and I opened the door and rushed down the hall to find Ana and Sam.

"Phoebe!?" Ana looked up and I leaped at Sam wrapping my arms around him as all the tears fled my eyes and went to his shirt, "Babe what happened?"

I looked at her, "Can you please go get my things out of my room?" She nodded and left.

"Pheebs what happened?"

"I'm going to die." He looked at me and I felt myself breakdown in his arms in that one look, "My parents aren't really my parents." He tightened his grip on me and I cried as we sat on the ground, he never let go and let me cry my eyes out. I finally pulled away when Ana came.

"Are you okay?" I shook my head.

"I wanna go." They nodded and we walked to the door not looking back even though I heard my parents call after me.

Rushing to Sam's car me and Ana climbed in the back, I rested my head on her lap as she pulled my hair away from my face.

"Phoebe do you wanna talk about it?"

"No."

"Sam?" Ana's voice was worried but I kept my eyes closed.

"Phoebe where do you want to go?"

"Anywhere I really don't care where." With that Ana kissed my forehead and Sam drove for hours when my phone rang, "Don't answer it."

"Pheebs you have to talk to them soon." Sam had stopped and climbed in the back with us.

"I don't wanna."

"Will you just tell us what happened we wanna help." Ana said keeping her voice sweet. I sighed and started to tell them every thing that happened after they had left, when I finished my eyes were spilling tears and my body shook as I began to cry again. Sam pulled me in his arms and I just cried with Ana rubbing my back.

"Phoebe you can't blame them for this, I understand you're mad they didn't tell you but it's not their fault." I knew Sam was right but I didn't wanna forgive them yet, but the thought of not being wanted made my heart swell. To think I could have been an accident, a failed abortion, or maybe the bastard born of a rape victim. A knot tied in my stomach and I felt myself being thrown out the car and threw up.

"Blaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!" My ears were ringing, my stomach cramped, and my head banging I got back in the car and looked at Sam and Ana gulping hard.

"I need to find them."

"Who?"

"My birth parents."

"Are you sure Pheebs?"

"Yes I need to I can't just go day by day living my life knowing my real parents are out there and not get the chance to at least know I tried to find them." My voice shook as I talked.

"Is this what you really want Phoebe?" Sam looked me in the eyes and I knew no matter what I chose he'd be there for me.

"Yes I at least wanna know I tried to find them Sam."

"Okay but we have no idea where they are." Ana said.

"I will have to ask my parents."

"But are you really going to spend your whole summer looking for them? What if you do and they're not what you expected? Don't you wanna spend your last few months living it up?" I looked at Sam as he spoke and thought about it.

"What are you getting at Sam?"

"Why don't we....you know go across America and do all the life long dreams you've always wanted to do." I frowned at him.

"You're practical practically saying I'm going to die."

"You remember when we were little you always talked about going to see the Aurora Boralis and going to L.A and take a picture under the Hollywood sign. Phoebe Strider you only live once I think you should live it up, I'm not saying we know you aren't going to survive that surgery but what if you don't?" I looked at Ana and almost screamed at her but she was right.

"Phoebe I think Ana is right it is summer what else is there to do? I think we should do it."

"All of us?" They nodded "Can we still look for them? My parents?"

"Of course it's your summer what ever you want we'll do."

"Omg we can make like a list of things to do and like finish in the next three months." I looked up at Ana and almost smiled.

"Really you guys would do that for me?"

"You know we would Phoebe." And with that I kissed Sam and heard Ana laugh.

"Okay for once I won't gag at that."

"Thank you."

"We should start heading home."

"Ana can I stay at your place?"

"Babe anything for you." That night I stayed at Ana's, we stayed up all night writing my goal list. Sam did stay until midnight but he said he had to go because his parents would be back in the morning. Even though I'd had a long day for some reason sleep wouldn't come to me, my eyes stayed open, and my mind wandered. Leaving Ana's bed I sat on her window seat looking out on the near by beach, amazingly we lived near a beach and the view was perfect. My mind was swimming in thoughts and gave me a headache, I knew too much stress would make this condition worse but I couldn't stop.

"What if I find her? Will she know it's me? What if she doesn't want me? Will my parents feel betrayed if I leave them to be with someone I didn't know?" Of course no one was there to answer my questions even though no matter how much I wished there were not everyone had the answers. The only way to get the answers I wanted was to go find it myself.

"Phoebe?" I looked up at Ana as she spoke in her sleepy voice.

"Sorry did I wake you?"

Silence.

I squinted and saw Ana drop back on her pillow and fall back asleep, sighing I made my way back to the bed. Shifting she faced me, lifting her head she kissed my forehead.

"Don't worry Pheebs she will love you and be glad you grew up to be this perfect person today. If she doesn't f*** her you have your parents, Sammy sweetheart, and dear old me."

I laughed lowly and grabbed her hand, "I know Ana no one could ever take your place."

"No one better not." That night I fell asleep with a smile on my face wrapped in Ana's arms. For once in that day I was at peace.

****

"Are you sure I can't wait until next week?"

"No if we wanna have enough time for our little adventure we have to leave on Friday." Rolling my eyes I nodded at Sam, I had spent the last two days at Ana's holding off talking to my so called parents. But being the jerk he is Sam called my parents and told them we were coming over today, before I had a say he threw me in his truck and here we are. Looking at my home I thought of all the good times I had here, my first sleep over, my first kiss, the night Sam told me he loved me, my birthdays and Christmas mornings.

"It just doesn't seem real."

"I know Phoebe I'm going to be right there with you." His stare was burning into my back but I couldn't look at him. Squeezing his hand we began walking to my front door, it was open so I pulled the screen door open and saw them on the couch. They looked even more tired than the day I first woke up.

"Oh Phoebe please don't be mad with us." My mother's eyes had deep purple bags, her hair was in a messy bun, and she was in wrinkled pajamas.

"I'm not I just wanna know the truth" taking a seat on the love seat me and Sam stayed close, "from the beginning."

Sighing my mother spoke, "Well it was fifteen years ago we had lived in Chicago and we had been married for a while and we had been trying to have a baby. Saturday July 27th we went to our doctor to get the tests back, but the doctor told us there was no hope. I wouldn't be able to get pregnant, after years growing up dreaming of having the perfect family come to find out I couldn't do the one thing women were supposed to do."

She sniffled and my dad looked up, "Leaving that office we ran into an old friend Regina she was a foster care worker, she had told us about this little three day old baby girl she was trying to place in a good home. Her mother had left the day after she was born, she asked if we might be interested but we were to hurt to think about something like that. After at least agreeing to come look at her Regina brought us into this room to see this perfect little girl with the most beautiful green eyes. We knew we had to have you as ours."

"From the first moment I saw you Phoebe I wanted to be the one to protect you, meet your friends, take you shopping, and give you away at your wedding. Sweetie we did this for you." My mother's voice shook me inside and out.

"Why?" Tears blurred my vision and Sam squeezed my shoulders.

"Because just the thought of just such a perfect girl going into a home of abuse or where people wouldn't give you the love you needed, just made my heart swell. I wanted to be the one to show you that love." My dad's voice was steady but I knew he was hurting.

"Did you at least get to know my real parents?"

"Regina only met the girl's mother, she said her daughter was too young and still had her whole life ahead of her. So she signed the paper work and took her daughter home."

"So that's it!? Did you at least get her name?"

"It was something with a 'M'."

"Mandy, Maureen, Malerie, Monica!?" The names ran out of my mouth before I could stop them.

"Macy, Melissa, Madeline, Maria!?" Sam shouted.

"Mer....Mere...Meta...?" My mother searched her mind and frowned but I thought and thought, Meredith?

"Meredith?"

"That's it Meredith Nash."

"Is there anything else?"

"No sweetie besides the hospital name that is it."

"What is the name!?"

"St. Micheals." I nodded and stood up pulling Sam with me, and they watched as I started to the stairs.

"Phoebe?"

Silence.

"Don't be upset with us please." I didn't say anything but kept going to my room and shut the door, I turned to Sam and he opened his arms. Flinging myself in his arms I held on to him but didn't cry I just needed to be held.

"Are you okay?"

"I'm fine." I slowly pulled away and kissed his lips lightly before walking into my closet and getting my two suitcases, "Help we leave in two days and I have way too much to pack."

Lowly laughing Sam opened the cases and started helping me pack.

"Have you started your list?"

"Yes."

"Are you finished?"

"Mmm hmm."

"Can I see it?"

"I got carried away and wrote all my life goals." He nodded and I pulled the little journal I kept around in case I needed to write something down, handing it to him he read it aloud:

· Go to Ellis island

· Go to Disney world

· Meet a celebrity

· Walk the stars walkway

· Ride a horse in the country

· Be an actress in a movie or play

· See the Aurora Boralis

· See the grand canyon

· Drive a car

· Have a sweet 16

· Get over fear of spiders

· Take a picture under the Hollywood sign

· Go to a prom

· Get married

· Go to Paris

· Visit ice cream factory and eat tons of ice cream

· Graduate college

· Get a beach house in Massachusetts

· Get blonde highlights

· Have kids

· Rescue an animal

· Get a tattoo

· Meet real mom

· Die happily old in my sleep

"Well this is quite a list."

"I know it's stupid..."

"No you deserve to do everything on this list." And with that Sam kissed me and smiled, "As long as those kids are mine."

I giggled, "I'll think about it." We finished packing and stayed up watching movies, not once did my parents bother us and for that I was grateful.

"Warm clothes and loose clothes?"

"Yup."

"Boots, shoes, and flip flops?"

"Yes and yeah."

"Camera?"

"Yes Ana we have everything can we take a break?" I sighed as Ana glared at me.

"No we have to make sure we have everything we can't risk forgetting anything then coming back and getting caught by your parents." Ana glared back and Sam snickered, Sasha stood up and hit her shoulder.

"Ana stop I know this trip is going to be chaotic with out me, there's no need to have it start off with a fight." That's what was great about Sasha she kept the order and yet was still aggressive.

"No we need to keep order since you can't come."

"Sasha are you sure you can't come?"

"Yeah I have to go to this program so I can get more credits for my college application."

"Ugh we need you." Sam pouted and I smiled.

"Sorry Sammy wish I could but can't." Sasha was always the smart one she got good grades, never came when out with me and Ana to parties, and yet was still around to make sure we weren't getting into trouble or being into a bad situation. Amazingly this summer she was going to a college prep summer program in Massachusetts, which would have her there until the week before my surgery the week we would be back by.

"Well okay but we're gonna stop by on the way back okay?"

"Definitely hey I gotta go I'll see you guys in the morning."

"Okay love you Sasha." I hugged her and she pulled me in close.

"I hope you find her Phoebe." With that she kissed my cheek, hugged the others, and was gone. Sitting on Sam's lap I put my head in the crook of his neck and he wrapped his arms around me. We were all tired me and Sam stayed up late looking up Meredith Nash and amazingly we found her, long blonde hair in her early fifties and the messed up part she owned the most tight ship boarding school in the country. Millard Hall Correctional Academy, yup even the name scares you.

"Can we please finish?" Ana grunted.

"Yeah sure."

"Phones, chargers, head phones?"

"Yes, yeah, and I think."

"Snacks?"

"Three twelve can Pepsi packs, bags of chips, and lots of sandwiches." Sam smiled.

"Money? I have one thousand."

"How did you get so much?"

"Baby sitting since I was eleven." She smiled.

"I got fifteen hundred."

"Sam!! I only got five hundred."

"I took your five and added it to my thousand." Slapping his arm I giggled making Ana more upset.

"PEOPLE!!! Hair care products, shampoos, conditioners, soaps, straighteners, and scrunchies."

I faked a hurt look, "Ohmigod how could I forget any of those things ugh that hurts Ana."

"Just making sure" she smiled "map? Directions?"

"Got that covered." Sam tickled my side making me smirk.

"Okay seems like everything is accounted for." She smiled to herself, "okay I set the alarm for 8:30, so we'll have half an hour to get ready and head to Sam's place. Once we leave first place we head is Disney world, and so on. Any questions?"

"Yeah when do you add Angel and Carla in that plan?" We both looked at Sam and he shrunk down "What?"

"What do you mean Angel and Carla!?" Ana was in his face in seconds.

"Well the only car big enough was Angel 's I asked to use it but on one condition, him and Carla come with us." I wasn't really mad at Sam I liked his cousin Angel, he was like Sam part of the family. But his girlfriend Carla was a raging b****, she hated me and Ana just as much as we hated her. Angel was just a sweet caring guy for him to be with such a horrible girl was beyond us, we'd asked him why he liked her all he said was there was something about her? Right...

"How could you not tell us this you know we hate her!!!" Ana screamed and ran to my bathroom slamming the door.

"I'm sorry I meant to tell you but I just....."

"It's okay but I do kinda wish you would have told us first." I pushed a lock of his blonde hair away from his eyes and he kissed my nose.

"Okay guys I've calmed down and think I can handle a few good months with her. I mean it's only two and a half months I can handle her." Ana walked out and we looked up at her shocked.

"Did you talk to Keith?"

"Maybe...." She bit her bottom lip and smiled. Shaking my head I reached my door and saw the note my parents had left me which said they were going to the flee market in Miami, meaning they would be gone awhile.

"Okay I just got a text from Angel and him and Carla are here grab the bags so we can put them in the car." Sam grabbed Ana's bags as she took one of mine and her last one, I gripped my last two and followed them to Sam's house. Once we got in view of his house I noticed the huge mini van and saw Angel jump out and ran over.

"Oh crap look at Sam the Man" he gripped Sam's hand and pulled him in for a hug he smiled and they laughed "and look who it is Bumblebee." Leaping at me Angel pulled me in a hug and yanked me off the ground. I giggled and we all laughed when the voice I always gagged when I heard spoke.

"Angel put her down now." Quickly he put me down and we all turned to see Angel's girl friend Carla Tremmer. With light brown hair, blue eyes, and perfect figure, Carla was just the prettiest girl you'd ever see. I pulled my hand through my hair and looked at the ground.

"Hello Carla." Thank goodness for Ana.

"Hmm Ana how are you guys?"

"We were just dandy until we saw you." Snap attitude!

"Oh how I love dealing with younger kids." Just because Angel and Carla were seventeen going on eighteen she thought of us as kids.

"Whatever." Ana walked to put her bags in the van as Sam took ours.

"So Phoebe I heard about the tumor, pity." Attitude and a smirk hung at the end of her sentence and I scowled.

"You know Carla I heard about the herpes I'd get a better cream for that." I pointed to the little red mark on the side of her lip, she gasped and covered it.

Composing her posture she smiled, "That's a scratch I got from Angel earlier."

"Oh you getting some Angel?" Sam smiled.

"Yeah Carla you giving it up?"

She glared at me and walked away, I laughed and sent Angel a apologetic look. He smiled and I walked over to Ana and Sam, they were both laughing when I came to their side.

"What's so funny?"

"You and Carla." They laughed some more and then I heard a mumble.

"Well hey guys," I turned to see Carla and her wicked smile "hi Sammy...." Her voice was seductive and I watched as she walked over to Sam and hugged him. I felt myself glow red as she gripped his neck and held him close.

"Umm so we better get going." I said and she pulled away.

"Yeah we still have to wait for the pizza get enough sleep." Ana stepped up and grabbed my hand pulling me past Angel.

"See you guys in the morning."

"Bye Angel."

"Can't wait to spend the entire summer with you guys." I looked at Carla and deeply sighed to myself as we headed back to my house. Being that both of my parents were working all night, so me, Ana, and Sam would have the house to our selves tonight.

The pizza didn't take long to come, so we all dug in but amazingly we got into a pizza fight, pepperoni and sauce was flying everything. Sam won by surrender. Ana was in the corner picking cheese out of her hair for an hour, but me and Sam laughed as she did which got us Pepsi thrown at us.

By 1 o'clock we had cleaned up, set the alarm, and locked my bedroom door, after a long day we clasped on my bed.

"I'm only going to tell you guys this once, no type of action is going to go on tonight while I'm in this bed." Ana said with daggers looking at us.

"Well then get out." Since I was in the right and Ana on the left, that left Sam in the middle. With one swift push of Sam's thigh Ana rolled off the bed and to the floor grunting.

"You son of a b****!" She growled and jumped right back on the bed, Sam pulled me close and kissed my lips so softly I felt like I had kisses a cloud. I looked at him and he grinned making me blush, it toke me an hour to go to sleep but I finally did. No thanks to Sam's constant tickles on my side. But I was not complaining.

****

"BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEEEP!!!!" The loudness jared me out of sleep and I grunted lowly, I threw my hand on my dresser at least ten times trying to shut it off. Finally a hand grabbed mine and guided me to my phone where I shut off the alarm, turning over I saw Sam yawning and rubbing his eyes. Closing mine I snuggled closer to Sam when I heard a scream.

"Ohmigod you guys get up we have to get going we have a schedule to keep." Ana jumped up and rushed to my side yanked me out of bed and onto the floor.

"Ow Ana come on."

"No you guys come on. Sam!" She pushed him making him jump up scared, making me laugh.

"What the hell dude?"

"Let's go get ready we have less than twenty minutes before your parents wake up, let's move it people." Both of us stood up and made our way to my bathroom, I started brushing my teeth but looked up to see Sam smiling at me.

"What?"

"Nothing."

"What ever Sam." I finished and went to put my shoes on, since we knew we'd only have a little bit of time we all got ready last night. Me and Ana both were wearing sweat pants, t-shirts, and had our hoodies close. Sam had some basketball shorts, a tang top, and his grey beanie still glued to his head like always. Slipping on our sneakers, we quietly opened my room door and I peered out.

Within seconds I heard my mother's sleep talking and my dad's deep snore, we slipped out the door and down the stairs. Making my way to the back door I stopped at the counter and placed the note I wrote to my parents on it, tears filled my eyes but I pushed them away. Sam grabbed my hand and grinned making me feel a little better. We walked out the house and towards Sam's house, once there we saw Angel in the van and Carla making her way in.

"Sup Angel."

"Hey you guys ready to go?"

Ana yawned, "Yup."

"Ready for anything."

They all looked at me and I bit my lip, was I ready? Did I want to risk my last few months doing dangerous things, finding some woman I never knew? I looked up and smiled, "Let's do it."

"Woohoo!!!" We all shouted and climbed in the car, Angel driving, Carla asleep in the passenger seat, Sam against the door, me on Sam's lap, and Ana's head on my legs. I rubbed her head and drifted back to sleep.

Phoebe's parents P.O.V

Mr. Daniel and Mrs. Remi Strider woke that Friday morning to a sunny day and a quiet home.

"Where do you think Phoebe is?" Remi asked her husband as they passed their daughters room.

"No possible clue, she could have just left early or stayed the night at Ana's. Or worse with Sam."

"Oh Daniel save it she's fifteen let her live, and I trust Sam he's a good kid he's practically grew up in this house with Phoebe." They had made their way to the kitchen and Mr. Strider opened the paper as Mrs. Strider began making coffee.

"Well I don't care I have the right to worry." He stiffened and she smiled, unlike her daughter Remi Strider's long dirty blonde hair was just below her shoulders, her brown eyes just as dark as chocolate, and her height was at average. Compared to her daughter Remi looked nothing like her, which was understandable since Phoebe was adopted.

Just the thought of how upset Phoebe had been since she found out, made Remi sick to her stomach.

"I'm worried about her."

"Oh Remi I know it's been hard trying to adjust to this but I think when she's ready to talk she will. I mean what could possibly happen?" Daniel was always the one to keep order in the family, but he was always very caring and protective of his daughter.

"Yes but I just feel as if holding this off will make it worse." Tears filled the mother's eyes and her husband rushed over, he pulled her head to his chest and let her cry. When she had finished she reached for a paper towel when something brushed against her fingers. Looking down she saw the note Phoebe had left them that morning, on the outside it said 'Mom and Dad'. Slowly she lifted the paper to show her husband and they shared a look and opened the paper:

Dear mom and dad,

I do love you guys so so much it hurts me to know you lied to me after all these years. These past few days have made me think about how much my life is a lie if I wasn't given up how would I be living now? Would I be a different person? Would I be the same? Would I know Ana or Sam? Probably not.

I need to find my real parents, I have to know why they gave me up, who I would be today? I know you guys were doing the right thing and gave me a good life but I don't feel the same way I used to towards you. You will always be the ones that raised me but you won't be my parents.

I have three months to live it up and I don't wanna waste away the possible chance of accomplishing my dreams. You may not understand how I feel and I understand that but this why I have to do this.

To find myself, to find the truth about my existence, the truth is what I need. I love you both I'm going to be gone for awhile just know I'm fine, I will call and send pictures when I can. Don't worry about me, I'm just fine.

Love,

Phoebe Strider

Remi broke down and dropped to the ground in tears and screamed so loud her voice cracked. Daniel was still trying to process what he just read and soon he ran to the phone dialing 9-1-1, he explained the situation but they said there wasn't much they could do all that they could do was sit and wait for her to come home.

"Why!?!?" Remi shouted and threw her mug at the window shattering it to pieces.

"Remi please calm down she's a smart girl she can make it." He was planning on calling Ana, Sam, and all her friends, but for right now he needed to comfort his wife.

"I know but I need her the one thing a woman is supposed to do I can't do! I can't get pregnant she was my only hope at happiness."

Those were the words she had been holding in for all of Phoebe's life out in the open. Daniel looked at his wife in shock and frowned he never knew she felt that way before, but there was nothing to do but just be there for her. On the kitchen floor they stayed all day crying and wishing their daughter was just playing a joke on them, she'd come home before dark.

She never came home to them that night.

I knew I had to wake up but I really didn't want to, cuddling Sam's torso I squeezed my eyes shut but a yawn slipped out.

"I know it's ten o'clock Angel but I don't feel like stopping." Carla's irritated voice.

"But I'm starved and I think we should wake the others up see if they want something too." Angel said.

"No I really don't feel like dealing with them right now."

"Then why did you want to come?"

"Because I don't trust you."

"Nice to know you care." Angel sounded really disappointed which made me mad.

"What ever Angel just drop it and keep driving."

"Well hey you guys wow what time is it?" I smirked to my self when I saw Carla slump in her spot.

"Um 9:48. Hey you hungry?"

"Definitely! I am starved."

"Well we aren't stopping." Carla barked at me.

"Hey I can eat." Thank God for all the times Ana decides to wake up.

"A guy needs to eat." Sam pulled me closer and I smiled.

"It's settled how about McDonald's?"

"Yeah!!!" As we shouted Angel turned into the parking lot and we all piled out the car and into the restaurant. Climbing in a booth Ana went with Sam to get the food, Angel had to get his wallet out the car, so that left me and Carla alone. Help me... that little voice in my head whispered.

"So tell me why you?"

"Excuse me?"

"Oh don't act all innocent you know exactly what I'm talking about. Why did Sam choose you?" Her glare burned holes through me and I shivered.

"Why does Angel put up with you?"

"Because he's a little b****, he wouldn't dare think about leaving me." Her smile was evil and I hated it.

"Why do you stay then?" Maybe I can out smart her.

"Because he's not a bad lay." Pause Angel would never sleep with her!

"You're a slut."

"And you're a jealous virgin."

"Found my wallet." Angel walked over.

"Who's hungry?" Ana and Sam followed him, they slid in next to me as Angel kissed Carla.

"Phoebe?" I looked up at Sam.

"What!?"

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah fine....." Even though I wasn't and wanted to tell him about Carla, there was nothing he could do. So instead I snatched the egg Mcmuffin and quickly bit into it. We all talked but I was zoned out most of the time.

"Phoebe!?"

"Wha..."

"I asked you a question." I looked up at Carla and frowned.

"Can you say it again?"

"I know about the surgery" this was a great start "how are you gonna handle that?"

"Well I really don't have a choice."

"I'd be terrified my aunt once had surgery in her head and they had to shave her whole head. It took her a year to grow it all back, I'd hate to see all those pretty curls be gone." She looked directly at me as in implying that she was laughing inside.

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"Yeah to get to the spot they operate on, they have to shave your hair away."

"Shut up Carla." Ana hissed, my eyes began to water and I could tell they were all looking at me. Wiping my eyes quickly I leaped up from the table and out the door, running to the van I opened the trunk and jumped in. My hair, my dark chocolate brown curls, my I repeat my hair! Would people look at me differently, would Ana still be seen with me, and would Sam still be proud of me as his girlfriend. Ohmigod what if he breaks up with me!?

"Oh no....." My voice was stuck in my throat as I tried to think about the positives.

"Okay from where I'm standing it looks like you are thinking really hard." I didn't need to turn around to know it was Sam.

"It takes one to know one."

"And I know you like the back of my hand, but right now I have no idea what you're thinking about. So you have to tell me." Jumping in next to me he wrapped his arm around me, and I snuggled closer to him.

"Will you stay with me when they shave my head?"

He pulled away and looked at me, "That's what's got you all riled up? Phoebe you know I'd never leave you."

"How do I know that?"

"You don't you just have to learn to trust me." He kissed my head and I sighed.

"It's Carla too, when you boys aren't around she is just a b**** to me and Ana. She treats us like crap, gives us attitudes, and I just can't take her anymore!

"Just ignore her."

"I can't."

"I know it's hard but it'll get better."

"Make her go away."

"I can't she came with Angel and leaves with Angel, if he leaves he takes the van. That means the end of this trip, so we have no choice." He did have a point.

"I guess you're right."

"You know what else I'm right about?"

"What?"

"How I'm always right."

"You're not always right."

"Oh that's what you think."

"No I'm right."

"Okay I know you're wrong and I'm right when I do this..." His lips met mine and I felt my whole mind drift from Carla to Sam then my hair.

"But what about my hair I don't want people to stare." I knew I was being just a brat but I did have the right.

"Well if they do shave cover your head with this," he slowly pulled off his grey wool knit hat that he never takes off, I think he even wears it to bed. He fitted it on my head pushing hair to the side and fixing my curls around my shoulders "Maybe this will take the tension off, cover your head."

I brought my fingers to touch the hat while he watched me, it was strange. Sam's brother gave him the hat when he left to join the army, which was when Sam was ten. Their father gave the hat to his brother Brent when he left Sam's mom, Brent never took it off. Amazingly when he turned eighteen he decided to go to the army, which left a ten year old Sam, and three year old Devin (Sam's little brother), and their mom. Brent gave Sam the hat as a good luck charm, but sadly died a month before he was supposed to come back home. Sam took it hard because growing up Brent was Sam's roll model, so all he had was the hat. To think he took it off for me was amazing.

"No Sam this is Brent's." I went to take it off but he stopped me.

"No.....you need it so keep it." He kissed my forehead and I smiled.

"You really love me huh" he raised an eyebrow "because you never take this hat off ever since he gave it to you. And yet you take it off for me so you really do love me."

"Yes I do."

"I know you do."

"You better." We kissed and I loved it but like always someone had to bother us.

"Babe if I can't make out with Keith then you can't make out with Sam." Smiled my eyes found Ana.

"Aww but it's not my fault he's in Puerto Rico."

She smiled and climbed in, "What ever Sammy where's my kiss?"

"Right here." He kissed her cheek as I kissed her shoulder.

"Oh okay. Pheebs if Sam won't give it up come find me." We all burst out laughing when the front door opened and Angel jumped in.

"Well well well where is the wicked witch of the west at?"

"I hope you're talking about yourself there Ana sweetie."

"No Carla darling I meant you." I giggled and she glared.

"Well where to next guys?" Angel looked back at us and I smiled.

"Disney world."

"Are you serious you've never been to Disney world?" Shut up Carla.

"Yeah I have but I want to do something very special there."

"And what might that be?"

"Ditching you." She scoffed.

"Lets do it!"

"To Disney!!"

"Stop yelling!" Amazingly instead of objecting Angel slammed on the breaks and we were instantly speeding down the highway.

My eyes lit up as we pulled into the parking lot of the amusement park, I'd been to Disney world a thousand times and yet it still excited me. I may be fifteen but was a child at heart, and Disney was my place.

"Let's go!!"

"Babe slow down wait for us." Ana shouted after me.

"Sorry."

"Okay are we gonna be here long or just do that toy story thing?" We all looked at Carla then they looked at me.

"Well we might as well enjoy ourselves while we're here." They all cheered, quickly separating me, Ana, and Carla went to change. Like always Ana had her neck tie pink bikini top and kapris, I loved her style. Slipping into my stripped purple and black bathing suit and my ripped shorts, my jaw dropped when I saw Carla. She wore a deep red gemmed bikini and really short booty shorts, which showed her boobs and butt full on. Looking down at my chest I felt a little put down.

"Don't worry babe I love your tits, hers are fake." Ana kissed my cheek and looped her arm in mine, "Um Carla I think you dropped something."

"What?"

"Your pride." I laughed making her role her eyes, we breezed past her going to meet the guys.

"Hola mamia you look good today you feel the heat?"

"Si papi, do want to share?" Sam spun me around making me giggle.

"Defiantly I love the heat coming off you, you're hot." He kissed me as I smiled.

"You know it's rumor that if you smile while you're kissing means you're comfortable."

"Did you know you sound like a kid? It's pathetic." Carla sauntered over and literally took Sam out of my arms, "So Sammy how about you and me go get wet?"

"Um yeah come on guys."

"But...." Carla started.

"Come on Carla." Angel wrapped his arm around her and she followed.

****

After almost four hours of going on rides, getting splashed with water, and bothering people we found ourselves in a place near the forest. We had paced the whole place and finally found them, The Toy Story characters. Mainly Jessie and Woody.

"Every body ready?" I smiled.

"Let's do it I get Woody." Ana smirked.

"Okay Sam you got my back?"

"Always." He kissed my head making my cheeks redden.

"I'll be over with the princesses." Carla smiled devilishly and I knew she was up to no good.

"Alright let's do this."

"Woohoo!" Separating Sam stayed close as we circled them, I watched as Ana and Angel walked over to them.

"Ohmigod Woody I love you, Jessie you're awesome can we get a picture?" I giggled as Ana spoke.

"Here I got the camera." Angel readied the camera as me and Sam quickly made our way over, I grabbed Jessie's head and Sam got Woody's and we twisted them.

"Hey what's going on!?" Jessie screamed her country voice gone.

"Grab em." I yelled, quickly I grabbed Jessie's hat, Ana got Woody's, Sam grabbed Woody's sheriff badge, and Angel reached in Woody's pocket.

"What are you doing?" Sam yelled at him.

"Getting some money man."

"Come on." After running off we rushed to find Carla, but we almost dropped to the ground at what we saw.

"I told you to give it to me." Carla stood over a girl pretending to be Cinderella who was on the ground, holding a hand to her cheek. Her red cheek!

"What did you do!?"

"I wanted the crown." She growled, I looked down at her hand to see the light blue crown.

"Dammit Carla!" Angel grabbed her from behind and began running, Ana jumped on Sam's back, and he picked me up bridal style. Soon enough we were running through the park and into the parking lot when we heard people chasing us, the boys were not tired yet. Finally we reached the van leaping in Ana slammed on the gas zooming us onto the highway.

"THAT WAS AWESOME!!!!!" We all shouted and laughed, without anyone knowing I snapped a picture of us laughing wearing our souvenirs.

"What are you doing Pheebs?"

"Nothing Sam just letting them know we're safe." He hugged me, and I blocked my number as we sped down the highway.

'Send' I smiled to myself as I thought about how much fun we had, but at the cost of my parents heartaches.

"It's gonna be okay." Whispering to myself didn't help me but it reassured me.

Goal #2: Ride a horse in the country.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Amazingly we've been in the car for five days, and yet none of us have broke. Ana is still sane (which mind you says something), Carla isn't acting like a complete b****, and me and Sam are getting more closer than ever. Which I never really thought possible. I had gotten thousands of texts from my parents begging me to come home, the only time they heard from me was when I sent the picture of us from Disney World. They were happy to see us having a good time but wanted all of us to come back.

"Wake up Phoebe you gotta see this." Fluttering my eyes open I looked up to see nothing but wheat fields and open valleys.

"Wow where are we?"

"Texas y'all get your leather chaps and cowboy hats." Angel laughed and Carla snickered.

"Could you imagine living out here it's so empty." Ana looked out amazed, she had never been out of Florida except for Puerto Rico but that's it.

"Ugh home of tacky leather and plain plaid, I think I'll pass." Of course Carla had to be the only one mad to be here.

"Of lighten up Carla." I said before I could stop, I saw her stiffen but held back. We drove down a long highway then came to a little town, it looked cozy and small. There were stores, nice big houses, and lots of boots and hats.

"Wow I guess the boots and hats aren't just stereotypes." Ana smiled and we all laughed, even Carla faked one.

"Alright who's hunger."

"ME!!!!!"

"Is that even a question?"

"Stop the car now!"

"I need food!!"

"Okay how about that place over there." Angel parked and I looked out the window to see a cute little bakery with the name, Sweetiepie's Sweets in big letters. We all climbed out.

"Whatever as long as we eat."

"Well hi there y'all welcome to Sweets home of the best sweets you'll ever eat, can I take your order." I smiled looking at the girl behind the counter she had on kapris, a big t-shirt, her long blonde hair in a braid and glasses. Of course her accent was heavy and funny.

"Yes thank you we'll take four of those chocolate donuts, five muffins random, two frappicinos, one cappuccino, some of those cookies right there, wanna hand us that strawberry short cake? And oh yeah Carla you can order for yourself." Ana smirked and I winked at her, she knew just how to do things.

"Ugh fatty." Carla rolled her eyes.

"Thank you I know."

"Wow okay I'll have your order ready in a jiffy." The blonde turned on her heel and we took a booth in the back.

"This place is wonderful."

"Yeah it is." Sam nuzzled my cheek making me blush.

"So what should we do first?"

"Um excuse me youngens" we all looked up to see a woman maybe in her early thirties, long red hair, and a smile.

"Yeah?"

"Y'all ain't from around these parts are yah" we shook our heads "well you kids came in to town with perfect timing. Tonight is our anualllllll town hoe down, it's where we all get together dance, eat, have contests, and yeah it's lots o fun."

I looked at Ana and Sam and they smiled at me "Yeah sounds fun we'll totally be there."

"Great see y'all there bye now." She handed me a flyer and walked away.

"Cool."

"Oh look it's plaid, hats, and boots theme." Ana clapped her hands and Carla grunted.

"Great a town full of out of date fashion."

"Hey y'all here's your food hope you like it, me and my mama love to hear feedback from our customers."

"You own this place?"

"Technically my family does but I'm really the best baker in the family."

"That's so cool." Sam smiled.

"Thanks y'all I'm Kelly by the way." I shook her hand.

"Well I'm Phoebe, this is Sam, Ana, Angel, and Carla."

"Hi."

"Sup."

"Hey."

"Why do you talk like that?"

"Um Carla is it I'm sorry I grew up here the accent stuck." I laughed as she said it and bit into one of the creme puffs, my eyes widened.

"Wow this is great" taking my example the others grabbed something and all took bites."

"Holy s*** this is awesome!"

"You are really good at baking."

"I'm going to need at least a thousand of these before I leave."

"Well thanks y'all making me blush, I'll be back if you need anything else." With that Kelly smiled and skipped away. We all scarfed down the food and were on a level twenty five sugar high, and loving what had just eaten.

"Wow we need to come back here every once in a while." Sam said as he wrapped his arm around my shoulders.

"Definitely."

"Hey y'all all set?"

"Yup how much?"

"Nah it's on the house."

"No way we practically wiped you out how much?" I wasn't going to let go bankrupt.

"Okay it's um $47.93." She was smiling but she looked figgity.

"That's fine." Each of us added some of our money and stood up to leave when something caught my eyes. It sparkled, I looked at the counter where Kelly was wiping a display it was a set of bangles. Twelve all together they were silver with black gems in them, they were hanging on a rack and were calling to me.

"Hey Kelly?"

"Yeah?"

"Those bracelets are beautiful."

"Yeah my mom knows this jewler who makes these kinds, nice huh?"

"Absolutely how much?"

"You know I don't think we ever had a price for them, how about I give you six of the twelve for free." My eyes widened and she smiled.

"Really!?"

"Yeah I like you."

"No I can't do that here" reaching into my bag I took out the anklet my grandmother had gotten me "I can't wear it the material gives me a rash. But I've only worn it once, I want you to have it." It was gold and had a charm of the word luck on it, she'd gotten it for me for good luck.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah I gotta go we'll see you at the party later right?"

"Definitely me and my family are going." She smiled and I handed her the anklet and I slipped three bangles on each of my arms.

"Okay see yah Kelly."

"Bye Phoebe." I smiled and rushed to meet up with the others.

"Pheebs where'd you go?" Ana asked as she looped her arm in mine.

"Just got some thing special." Showing her the bangles she gasped.

"Sweet they look cute, but for tonight we have to look cute" she turned so we could all face her, "so we have to go....."

We all knew where she was going with this and shouted, "SHOPPING!!!!!!"

That afternoon the girls and guys separated to shop and we did enjoy ourselves. Since Carla didn't like plaid she got a pink dress with white designs and settled on light brown boots. Ana got some dark brown cowboy boots, some ripped shorts, a white and blue plaid shirt that tied to show her belly, and a white cowboy hat. Being possessive Ana got me to get a black shirt that showed my belly too, some shorts that let me tell you were way too short, black cowboy boots, and a regular cowboy hat.

After changing we went to meet the boys, "Where are they at?"

"I don't know but the thing starts in like ten minutes." Ana sighed and I turned and a smile broke onto my face, there stood Angel and Sam both in red plaid shirts, deep blue pants, and matching hats.

We all burst out laughing then Sam ran over, picked me up, tossed over his shoulder, and spun me around.

"Sam put me down." I pounded on his back and he just laughed.

"Never!"

"Come on guys it's starting!"

"Let's go!!"

"To the car."

"Let's just get this over with." We rushed to the van and piled in, like always we did get lost but finally got there. It was in full swing I hopped out and on Sam's back.

"Let's go." The music was blasting, people were laughing, and the smell of food was breathtaking.

"Oh wanna dance?" Sam smiled and I nodded, we twisted and turned laughing the whole time. Angel was dancing with Carla and Ana was texting on her phone, probably keeping up to date with Keith.

"This is so fun."

"I know you wanna know what's more fun though?"

"What?"

"This..." He pulled my face towards his and kissed me, kissing Sam makes me feel so at peace with the world. He makes me feel so me, he's everything and I'm his. I wanted so bad to deepen the kiss when someone tapped my shoulder.

"Mind if I cut in?" Carla smiled and I frowned.

"Kinda." She ignored me and started dancing with Sam, sighing I walked to find Ana when I saw the food. I made a plate of chicken, a cheese burger, macaroni and cheese, corn bread, and corn.

"How did I know I'd find you here?"

"Food calls me honey." Ana smiled and made herself a plate.

As we ate people came and went on stage entertaining, singing, play music, or joking. After we ate me and Ana went to find the guys when something stopped us.

"Alright folks it's time to find our new singing champ step right up, write down your name or partners name and the song you're gonna be singing we'll be taking twenty acts but no more. Hurry." Me and Ana quickly ran to find Sam when knocked into him.

"Okay I guess you heard that."

"Yes, yes I did please please please do it with me!?" I screamed frantically.

"All you had to do was tell me we're doing it with me, I would have said yes." Before he could finish I pulled him through the crowds and to the ballot.

"Thank God." There were only two spots left and I signed us up, but when it said song I looked up at Sam.

"What?"

"Song Sam."

"Why are you asking me?"

I groaned "Um....." I thought and remembered that one song we always sang in the car, I looked at him and he got it just as I did.

"With ur love." We both said and I wrote it down, we loved Cher Lloyd. Or at least I did maybe Sam put up with her for me.

"Okay y'all one last spot left!" The spokeswoman said and everyone cheered, it didn't take long when a cute little girl came with her friends and wrote their names, "Alright folks let's do this thing now remember even if you suck we won't be mad and we'll be respectful. The judges which are our mayor, our famous town baker, and the most talented person in our lil old town Nelly Good."

The crowd erupted in clapping and hoots, I smiled at Sam as he sat down and pulled me onto his lap.

"And after the judges make their decision the winner will get a prize of one hundred dollars, the sash of honor, and the crown of music." The crown had a musical note on it and shined in the light.

"I want that crown."

"Don't worry we'll get it."

"Good." It began and not to be mean I wanted to yank my ears out, we were sixteen acts in and only two acts were any good so far.

On now was a guy that was trying to rap Lil Wayne and it wasn't working.

"Well wasn't that something. Okay now up next we have the beautiful Paige Cooper!" Then I was stunned on stage walked a girl maybe sixteen, long strawberry blonde hair down her back, pretty smile, and just beyond gorgeous. I slumped and I knew Sam felt it.

"She's got nothing on you." I blushed and he kissed just below my chin. My eyes drifted back to the girl and almost died, she was singing 'Stay by Rhianna'. Her voice was perfect way better than mine, she had won already hands down.

I sat there in my own dread when she finished my self confidence was gone, vanished, deteriorated, just no where to be found.

"Well well well that's gonna be a tough act to follow woo! Okay now it's time for two cute looking kids I think in love, please welcome Phoebe and Sam." Everybody clapped and Sam dragged me on stage.

"Sam please no she was too hard to beat."

"We can do it Phoebe." I took a deep breath as we got on stage, there were two chairs in front of mics and I took one. Sam nodded and they played the music. Since Cher started right when the song did I didn't have enough time to take another breather.

Da da da da dum dum ba dum dum

Da da da da dum dum ba dum dum

Da da da da dum dum ba dum dum

Da da da da dum dum ba dum dum

Baby you the best cause you worked me out

I keep building walls up but you tear 'em down

I'm fighting I don't wanna like it

But you know I like it

But you know I like it, Like it, Like it

Used to always think I was bulletproof

But you got an AK and your blowing through

Explosive You don't even know it

I want you to know it

I want you to know it, know it, know it

All of them other boys can walk away

They ain't even in the game

Cause they know that you own it

You got this swag, you got this attitude

Wanna hear you say my name

Cause you got me Flying, with ur love

Shining, with ur love

Riding, with ur love

I feel like I'm on top of the world with ur love

One hit, with ur love

Can't quit, with ur love

So sick, but so what

I feel like I'm on top of the world

With ur love

Everybody wants what I got with you,

Cause I'm standing on top with a killer view

Inspired Feeling like a million

I'm one in a million

I'm one in a million, million, million

I ain't even here I'm in outer space

Like I'm Venus Your Mars In the Milky Way

It's crazy What you're doing to me

How you do it to me How you do it to me, to me, to me

All of them other boys can walk away

They ain't even in the game

Cause they know that you own it

You got this swag, You got this attitude

Wanna hear you say my name

Cause you got me Flying, with ur love

Shining, with ur love

Riding, with ur love

I feel like I'm on top of the world with ur love

One hit, with ur love

Can't quit, with ur love

So sick, but so what I feel like I'm on top of the world

With ur love

Sam smiled at me right before he went and started Mike Poser's part.

You got it yeah, yeah you got it

I could slow it down Speed it up

How you want it girl All night long

And I don't even care If you sing my songs wrong

First date, first base

Second date, second base

3rd date, you're looking at me funny

You got a hard shell But the middle's so yummy

Thanking God that he was looking directly at me giving me self-confidence as the song was about to end with me singing the rest.

Flying Baby I'm shining baby

I'm riding with ur love

One hit baby I can't quit baby

I'm so sick but so what

Flying Baby I'm shining baby

I'm riding with ur love

One hit baby I can't quit baby I'm so sick but so what

Flying, with ur love

Shining, with ur love

Riding, with ur love

I feel like I'm on top of the world with ur love

One hit, with ur love Can't quit, with ur love

So sick, but so what I feel like I'm on top of the world

With ur love

Da da da da dum dum ba dum dum

Da da da da dum dum ba dum dum

Da da da da dum dum ba dum dum

Da da da da dum dum ba dum dum

When we finished I smiled at Sam and he smiled back winking, the crowd erupted in clapping but louder than the other girl, "Well folks that was wonderful I feel bad for the other acts to follow this."

We climbed off the stage as she called the last act, "Now for the last act adorable munchkins from Cornwall way ladies and gentlemen Rachael, Arianna, Carter, and Alley." As she said their names the girls walked up, they looked around ten but were cute and the outfits all matched plaid just in different colors.

"Hi everybody." The smallest one said.

"Hi."

"I'm Alley and call me maybe..." Just as she said it the song began and they all started singing Call Me Maybe. It was really cute and they could sing I'll give you .

"So call me maybe!!" They shouted and the boy Carter stood next to me and Sam, grabbed my hand and wrote a number. He mouthed out, Call me making me stifle a laugh.

"Sorry pal she's all mine." Sam said and me and Ana laughed, the four went back to their families and the crowd began to settle down.

"Wow folks this is going to be hard for the judges, we'll go make the votes and come back to yah. But enjoy the festival." She walked off stage and left with the judges, Sam tickled my side where I was exposed.

"Stop that tickles."

"What do you wanna do while we wait?" His eyes looked at me so adorably.

"Maybe this.." I kissed him and he wrapped his arms around me, man I loved kissing him.

"So Phoebe you don't sing very well but Sam does you kinda drowned him out." I pulled away to see Carla smiling at me.

"I think she did fine." Sam retorted.

"You're supposed to say that you're her boyfriend."

"I'm serious."

"Of course you are."

"Well I don't think I'm Beyoncé good but..."

"Not even close."

"But I think I'm good." My anger flared.

"You keep thinking that." She sat back smiling to herself.

"Okay y'all we have our finalists" the spokesman said "Ally's group, Phoebe and Sam, and Paige." Looking up blinking rapidly as Sam pulled me to the stage, we stood in the middle. I glanced at the Paige girl and she smiled.

"Alright now for the moment we've all been waiting for third place" she opened the paper "Alley, Carter, Rachael, and Arianna." They jumped up and down then grabbed their prizes which were crowns and ribbons.

"Now second place goes to." She paused and I squeezed Sam's hand "Paige which makes Phoebe and Sam the winners" She said it so fast my heart stopped when Sam picked me up and spun me around as the crowd clapped and I squealed.

Slowly Sam put me down and pulled on the sash, they gave him the the one hundred dollars, and hastily put the crown on my head. On the outside I was calm and collective, but on the inside I was screaming and jumping around happily. They clapped and led us off stage, where people smiled and hugged us. Ana ran up and hugged me, screaming in my ear.

"I just knew you'd win!" I hugged her back and smiled.

"Congratulations Phoebe." I pulled back from Ana to see Kelly and three others.

"Hi Kelly thanks so much."

"Ain't no problem Phoebe this is my family my dad Darrel, my mom Lola, and my little brother Josh." She showed them to me and I smiled her brother hard blonde hair like her mom, while she had hair like her dad's.

Her mother looked at Ana and smiled at her outfit, "Need more fabric."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Ana asked.

"Exactly what I said." She smiled and I looked at her, she had this look on her face, her perfectly white teeth, her hair was to her shoulders, she was a little taller than me, and for some reason I felt comfortable next to her. I smiled and she took in a deep breath.

"George......" She grabbed her husband's hand and squeezed it.

"I'm sorry maybe I should go." Sam grabbed my hand and stared to pull me away.

"Wait Phoebe is it...I'm sorry you just look like some one I used to know." I nodded "May I?" She pointed to my hair and I hesitated but then nodded, pushed my curls to the side she looked at my shoulder and gasped making me jump. I knew I had a birth mark there sorta in the shape of a 'V' but that wasn't what made her just like that. Hopefully, I thought to myself.

She rushed to her husband and whispered something I only caught fragments "It's her.....I....can't...the birth..ark.......Erica.....baby." I froze.

"Did you just say Erica?"

They looked at me and I closed my mouth, "Yes, yes I did."

"Do you know a Erica Nash?" Ana came to my side.

"Hey yeah that's my aunt." Kelly smiled.

They all looked at us and I took a deep breath, "I'm looking for a Erica Nash, I believe she is my birth mother."

*******



One hour later me, Sam, Ana, and Kelly's family found ourselves in their living room, Angel took Carla back to the hotel we were staying at because she was getting cranky. But here we were.



Once we stepped in the door we just sat on the couch in silence, I squeezed Sam's hand, "Please someone say something."



"We're at a loss of words...."



"Well say something."



"Something." Ana smirked making me smile.



"You two look just like how me and Erica did" I looked up to see Lola staring at me and Ana "I was the fun, partying, and careless one. While Erica kept me in line, she was smart, fun, and just an amazing girl it was hard not to love her. She was perfect."



"But I didn't fit into that perfect life? Did I.....?"



"No no when Erica found out she was pregnant with you she was ecstatic, jumping up and down. She knew you were a miracle; you helped her turn her life around. You were her miracle." There were tears in her eyes and I knew mine were watering too.



"What happened Mama?" Kelly whispered.



"Would you please tell us?" Ana added.



"Phoebe?" Sam looked at me and I nodded.



"Please tell us what happened?"



"Where do I start?" She took a deep breath and looked at us "Well it started when we met him, Marcus. He was new in our neighborhood of course he was instantly attracted to Erica, everyone was just her spirit was enough to draw everyone in. He came around the beginning of August she put the charm on him and he amazingly passed her standards, he was always with us, by Erica's side, texting her all the time, it was cute and she loved every minute of it. They got close in the past two months and being her best friend she told me when they first um....." She smiled and Ana laughed.



"When they first had sex, we're all like sixteen it's cool to say sex around us." I smiled as Ana said it and Sam rolled his eyes.



"Right so of course she was giddy and Marcus was just as happy, they loved each other and weren't afraid to show it. It was our last year of high school, and we wanted to live it up with parties, new things, and new situations. We always went to all the parties, tried all sorts of things, but not stuff that bad we smoked pot once but hey who didn't" she laughed and I looked at her so confused "but one night before we went out to a party Erica told me how she wasn't really feeling well, she had a headache and had been throwing up a lot. I took her temperature but she didn't have a fever. She had been feeling that way a lot, I asked her if she even thought being pregnant was possible and she had no idea. At seventeen you never think things like that are possible but we had to make sure, I rushed to my mom's room and since she wasn't your average normal mom she had gotten pregnancy tests just in case anything happened. She took the test from me I would have thought she'd be scared that she was pregnant but she actually was smiling and excited. Once we found out she was the grin was permanently edged into her face it was just the smile you could never get out of anyone's mind. That was the smile of someone who just found pure happiness in life, she was just so happy. Even when we told Marcus he was ecstatic, there was just one thing."



"What was that?" I was so interested in the story.



"Her mother, Meredith was the strictest parent ever, that's what makes a sneaky kid right?" Her and I think George started laughing, "but Erica was scared of her mother but still went against her. If they got into a fight Erica wouldn't back down but once she left the argument she always got worried about what her mother would do. So that day we went to tell her mother we were both scared but got to it and told her, she was frantic not being able to hold her voice she screamed and shouted how Erica ruined her own life. She took it absolutely terrible thinking it was all about her, because she was the role model parent of the whole city. Her reputation was on the line, so she disowned Erica that was the day Erica sort of regretted getting pregnant. But she did realize she needed you more than Meredith."

"I never knew she went through that because of me."

"You wouldn't, but yes Erica loved you from the minute she knew you were hers. Oh my god I remember the day she found out you were a girl, she literally screamed in my ear and almost flipped a table out of joy. Oh how she was the most perfect person to be around since she was pregnant, Marcus got it easy because she was easy going, loving and always sweet." She laughed.

"Unlike you who punched me because I didn't turn the air conditioner up all the way went you were pregnant." George remarked back at her.



"Well than it wasn't my fault I got hot easily" she flipped her hair "anyway her pregnancy went perfectly, the checkups went smooth, and she just kept getting bigger. We measured her stomach on a wall every month, the smile grew on her face every time she got inches bigger. She was going through it like a breeze, the doctors were shocked at how she progressed. She had made it to 40 weeks having only like five days before she hit 41 weeks, we sat back counting down the days she would go into labor. Amazingly it was that one day I wish I could take back, I just wish I could go back and keep her in the house that day....I just didn't...." She started crying and my heart swelled as I looked at Sam, his eyes filled with worry.

"What happened that day?" Sam was able to ask.

Wiping her eyes she took a deep breath and looked at us "Her mother called her saying how she wished she could reconcile with Erica, knowing Erica she jumped up and rushed to get ready. Since Marcus was working extra hours he wasn't home, she begged me to come with her but I just kept saying no......I acted like such a b****! I could have saved you and her but I just said no" she continued to wipe her eyes "I sat around the apartment waiting for her to come back but didn't, finally an hour later I got a call from her. She was crying saying how Meredith had yelled at her telling Erica to put you up for adoption, Erica argued back but her mother just wouldn't drop it. So she called me saying she was heading back to the apartment, she was heading down the stairs when I heard her grunt, then a lot of tumbling, I swear I could hear her knock against the wall as she stopped at the bottom........I tried to get her to talk but the line went dead. I quickly called Marcus and told him to meet me at the hospital, I sped to her house almost crashing a thousand times. I made it there to see Meredith starting her car, and two people standing over someone I instantly knew was Erica. She was laying in a pool of blood and I just couldn't take my eyes off her, I yelled at Meredith and reached Erica. I smacked her face three times but she opened her eyes once, all she said was "the baby". I rushed to pull her to my car when Meredith tried to stop me, oh God it felt good I punched the s*** out of her!!"

"Mama!!!!" Kelly shouted.

"Sorry sweets, we put her in my car and I sped off to the hospital. The second we got there Marcus had a bunch of nurses ready for her, they rushed her to the ER and said they had to do an emergency delivery because you could have been in danger. So hours of waiting a doctor came to us me, Marcus, George, and Erica's sister Julie jumped up. He told us she was fine and gave birth to a beautiful little girl and you were both resting, but we rushed to your sides immediately.

“When we got into the room we were shocked at what we saw, Erica’s head was covered in sweat, her skin was so pale, and her hair was in a tangled mess, but what we all noticed was the smile on her face. I just couldn’t help as she smiled at the small bundle of joy in her arms, your eyes were the perfect shade of green and you were just the spitting image of Erica. You still are but you were so small and precious we all melted at the sight of you, Erica was even more proud to have you in her arms she was reluctant to give you to any of us ha-ha we had to practically yank you out of her arms.”




“But how do you know Phoebe is Erica’s real baby?” Kelly piped in.




“Because her eyes just like Marcus’s, her hair like Erica’s, and you still look just how Erica did when she was your age. But it was the birth mark, when we saw it we said that’s said would keep you apart from the crowd. Oh god it’s just shocking how you look just like her.” She still had tears in her eyes but she was smiling making me grin.




“But how could Phoebe end up with her parents if Erica wanted to keep her?” Sam spoke up.




“That’s what we wanna know, we spent that whole night with her but Marcus and George went back to the apartment to get it ready and have all our friends to come over for a welcome home party. I stayed but was dozing off so she told me to go home to sleep, I refused but she forced me saying Julie would stay with me. I put up a fight not wanting to leave her again but I had no choice and left. We were at the house for a few hours when the door opened to reveal a red eyed, sad, and zoned out looking Erica, the minute she saw the ‘it’s a girl’ banner. She raced up the stairs and never came out, her mother walked in shortly after telling all of us to go home that there was no need for a baby party because there was no baby. We all thought she was joking but you never entered that house and we knew she was telling the truth. We tried to get Erica to talk to us but she just wouldn’t say anything. She stayed in her room, barely ate, and just wouldn’t talk even if we asked, we all got really worried and Marcus decided to take her to this really good therapist in Connecticut and that was the last we saw of her. We visit them and they visit us but it’s only on holidays.”




“Has she gotten better? I mean has she got over me being gone?” I gulped wanting to know if she still wanted me.




“Oh yeah she still zones out and I now she always thinks about what life would be like if you were around, we went to the hospital to find out what happened but the nurses said it was classified and we didn’t count. We had no choice but to move on.”




“Do you know where they live now?”




“I believe they still live in Waterbury.”




“Connecticut?”




“Yup, why?”




“I wanna meet her.”




“Do you want us to call and tell her ahead of time so……” I cut her off.




“No I wanna do this right.”




“Oh okay I understand. I think it’s late you three should get going home now before it gets too late.” She hugged each of us but lingered when she got to me.




“Do you think I’ll be what she expects?” She frowned.




“You’re way more perfect than any of us would have thought.” She hugged me and me, Sam, and Ana got in the car and left, all I could think was that I put my mom through a lot. Even though I wasn’t even old enough to thin straight. How did I end up with my parents? What happened that day? Was Erica gonna be what I expected? My mind wandered but I knew I wouldn’t get my answers anytime soon.

Goal #3: Get married.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Chapter 9.




I knew it was stupid a teenage girl wanting to go to Hollywood, but who wouldn't? I'm different, not like most girls, one of the guys, but I am still a girl. I wanna meet celebrities, be in a movie, and walk the Star's strip. It's not dumb it's not stupid though everyone has dreams, and that just happens to be one of mine.

"So do you know where we are?"

"No but I do know we are somewhere near L.A."

"How do you know?"

"I just do." Sam smirked at me, it had been maybe a little more than a week since we left Texas and it all felt like a blur. Lola gave me her number to keep in contact just in case I needed to, I did make her promise not to tell my parents yet though. She was hesitant at first but finally agreed.



"Whatever you arrogant jerk."



"You beautiful monster." I giggled and put my hand on the back of my head which held Sam's hat that I never took off. We were the only ones awake, Angel and Carla had fallen asleep not too long ago and Ana was curled up in the corner of the trunk. We put her there when she fell asleep, because when she did go to sleep it looked like the most uncomfortable position ever.



"Aww am I really beautiful?"



"Words can't explain." Sometimes Sam makes me feel as if there's no one in the world but us, if it were possible I'd just take him and go somewhere that's just for us.



"You know you could be a poet."



"Really?"



"Yes."



"What makes you think that?"



"Because words can't describe how your mind works."



"Then words shall not, but actions will." Yup he reads too much Shakespeare, but we both had theater arts last year in school. Eyes still on the road he reached for my and, brought it to his face, and kissed my knuckles.



"Hey look Las Vegas up ahead." Looking through the glass I saw a sign that read 'Las Vegas 5 miles'.



"Oh but we're not old enough to get into clubs or casinos."



"So that's when you go out and meet interesting people." His smile warmed me making a smile break out on my face too.



"Ohh s*** Vegas bitches!!!" I turned to see Ana rush over to us.



"What time is it?" The sun had gone down a little while ago so it had to be late.



"7:43 Yo Angel get up man!!" Sam yelled into the rearview mirror.



"What the hell you want man I'm sleeping!?"



"We're in Vegas." Angel shot up and over to his bag with a smile on his face."



"Here guys these will help us to party, Phoebe don't make me regret giving you one though, okay?" I nodded as my eyes met my face, a smiley one on a fake I.D.



"How'd you get these?"



"What eighteen year old doesn't know people?" We all laughed and heard a grunt.



"I am trying to sleep! I know we're close to Vegas so I need my sleep to party, now be QUIET!!!!" Carla shouted and curled back up.



"Sorry." Everyone whispered, Ana more sarcastically.



"It's party time y'all." Angel whispered and we all cheered.



**



We got to Las Vegas in an hour and a half and quickly rushed to a hotel. The guys went to find a good club while we were ready, Ana was on make-up while Carla did hair.



"For this once we need a truce?"



"I agree I need opinions." Carla added.



"So truce?"



"For tonight." They shook hands and our night began, the prepping, brushing, choosing, and changing took a long time mind you. But when we finished I felt as if the hassle was worth it. Carla had put on her red cocktail dress, it was red, strapless, and had ruffles reaching just above her knees. She had curled her hair to the side and had a misty grey shadow, light blush, and a pink shiny lip gloss. And being her Dominican self, Ana wore her strapless belly shirt which showed her whole stomach and only covered her boobs, and of course it was blue too. Adding to that she put on her white shorts which went mid-thigh, with her blue ankle breaker heels. She decided to leave her hair waving down her back, finally they looked at me Ana smiled while Carla snickered. I gulped and they lunged at me. Ana insisted I wear my leather jacket, Carla let me borrow her sliver tube top which had ruffles and sparkled. Ana pushed a skirt at me, but I pushed it back.



"That is where I draw the line."



"Come on Pheebs live a little."



"No."



"Fine how about skinnies?"



"That's fine." And with that she threw my black skinnies at me, after I changed Carla forced me down and tried to put some heels on me they were small heels maybe three inches. But when I say force there was a fight!



"My God calm down they're just shoes." She said and held me down putting them on.



Finally I stood up and fell, I DON'T DO HEELS, "Oh Phoebe you'll be fine, now make-up and hair." Great.



It took them fifteen minutes to finish, Ana worked my make-up putting a shade of light eye liner, a little black eye shadow mixed with silver, and a light red gloss. Carla did my curls justice by making the curls curled right. My hair was hanging down my shoulders, after my protesting she put Sam's hat back on my head and I smiled. Ana got a call and she quickly picked it up.



"Oh hey you......really.......okay.....what is it?" Pause "No way...no you're playing with me.....omg I love you so much right now....I can do that..No problem....I won't okay bye."



"Who was that?"



"The guys, be right back." With that she vanished out the door leaving me and Carla alone.



"So are you ready for tonight?"



She looked at me and reached into her purse, out came a pack of cigarettes, she took one out and lit it. Pulling it to her mouth she took a drag and blew it in my face, making me cough.



"Don't tell Angel." I nodded.



And with that she left to the bathroom, closing the door behind her.




Sam P.O.V



"Yo man you sure about this?" Angel asked concerned.



I looked at my cousin and nodded, "Yeah Ang I wanna do this for her and me."



"Explain it to me then because I'm lost."



"I love her, I wanna be there for her, and if she does......" I couldn't say it "Then at least she'll know my true feelings for her."



He was silent for a minute then punched my arm, "Damn man sometimes you sound like a little pussy. But I can tell you're a good guy to her, she's lucky to have you."



"Thanks Angel now help me choose." We glanced down at the display case for almost an hour until we found it, the set I knew she'd love. Marveling at them me and Angel nodded and the sales lady smiled glad we finally made a decision.



"How are you gonna do it?"



"I'ma ask her tonight and I already got the place."



"Outfits?"



"Yeah I got my suit and...." I stopped she wouldn't have a dress. Yanking my phone out from my pocket and I dialed Ana's cell.



"Hey you."



"Hey Ana I need to tell you something."



"Really?"



"Yeah it's important."



"Okay what is it?" The noise in the background told me the girls were getting ready for tonight.



"I'm uh...going to ask Phoebe to marry me." The rings shined in my hand as I said it.



"No way."



"No Ana I'm serious I wanna be there for her and show her I love her." Her squeal was deafening.



"No way you're playing with me" give it a minute "omg I love you right now."



"Okay now I kinda need you to get her a dress."



"I can do that."



"Yeah you sure?"



"No problem."



"Oh and please don't tell her."



She laughed "I won't. Okay bye." With that she hung up and I saw Angel smile.



"What?"



"I'ma look good as a best man." I punched his arm and we left the store.



**



Ana called and said they were ready, and warned me not to have a heart attack. I had no idea what she meant by that until they came into our view, which stunned me and Angel. My jaw dropped and Angel literally lost his balance, which was saying something I tell you.

Ana was wearing her usual party clothes, but something about them tonight was different. Her shirt covered her boobs only and her shorts were tight like always, you can understand why Keith got jealous once in a while. Carla seemed to look older than she was, the dress was red and cute. Angel had noticed the length, and was practically mind raping her.



But when I saw Phoebe my breath caught in my throat and my heart stopped, she looked amazing. She had the bad girl look and shy party girl, which made it, fit and be sexy. The shirt was sparkly and tight, the black skinnies blended in with it, and the leather jacket topping her shirt. She stumbled a bit and I just knew she was trying to walk in heels, my eyes on her feet I saw them.



"Heels sweetheart?"



She laughed, "Yeah I was forced."



"Hmm I know you wore converse to my aunt's wedding." Her eyes sparkled their shade of green making her look perfect, her hair spilled over her shoulders and my brother's hat nestled on her head, "You're not going to take that hat off are you?"



"Why do you want me to?"



"No." I couldn't help myself, I brought my lips to hers and she didn't object.



"Eh hmm we have a night of partying to do there is no time for that." We pulled apart to see none other than Carla, sometimes I wondered what Angel saw in her. I can admit she's pretty, the perfect blonde, but she's a raging b**** . I don't say anything around Angel because he gets upset when I do, but for Phoebe's sake I have to stand up for her when I can.



"Alright let's go."



"Come on Pheebs it's time for your first time clubbing." Ana grinned.



"Can't wait." I couldn't tell she was excited but nervous because she gripped my hand so tight turning it purple. The club Angel had picked was named 'Devil's Getaway' with a bar, a entertainment center, and lots of dance floor space. The IDs were good and got us in, but the second we got in the music hit us instantly. Ana bounced up and down pulling us through the crowd, I glanced at Phoebe as her eyes filled with worry. I gripped her hand and she smiled.



Once in the middle Ana grabbed a guy and started dancing, Carla grinded on Angel hard body and I gulped. I've had girlfriends but never danced with them, I knew how to dance but looked down at Phoebe.



"What do we do?" She asked.



"I think we follow their lead." I pointed at Angel and Carla.



"Okay." Phoebe looked at me then turned her back facing me, I held out my hands and she quickly grabbed them. She led my hands to her hips and backed up against me, once there I could feel her start in a circle and I paid close attention to how she did it. Soon me and her were going back and forth dancing slow fast, I was enjoying every last minute of it and I knew she was too.




"Ana you know you have a boyfriend right?" Phoebe yelled laughing at Ana who was grinding with some nineteen year old, possibly looking for more from her.




"Yup and you're not going to tell him about this." We all laughed.




"I'm telling."




"Sam if you do your beat down won't be pretty."




"Whatever." I lowered my head down and placed small kisses on Phoebe's neck making her giggle, she pushed her hair out the way to give me more access and I grinned.




"Stop Sam that tickles." She giggled harder.




"Come on I wanna talk to you." She turned and looked at me before she nodded, I nodded at Angel and Ana to follow and they smiled back.




"So what's up?" I couldn't help but watch her twirl as we made our way into the alley, which made me smile even bigger.




"I just wanna do something."




"Well then what is it?"




My breath caught in my throat as I saw Ana and Angel nod and give me thumbs up. This is it, I had one shot if she said no I'd be disappointed but understand. And if she said yes I'd be over filled with joy and shock.









Phoebe's POV




"Sam?" I could see he was thinking really hard about something and for some reason I couldn't read him.




"I'm sorry I just...."




"Tell me Sam." Slowly putting my hand on his shoulder he grinned, took a breath, and grabbed my hand in his.




"Phoebe Strider" he got down on one knee and my breath caught in my throat "will you marry me?"




He reached in his pocket and pulled out the most beautiful ring that I've ever seen, it had a half heart on it with a crown. His eyes searched mine yet the tears in my eyes blocked out his hazel ones, but I could see I wanted to be with him. And he wanted the same, he loved me and I loved him. We both wanted this but I knew I hesitated.




"It's okay if you say no Phoebe." The disappointment in his voice rang in my ears.




"Yes." My voice was so low that I couldn't even hear it.




"What?"




A smile came to my face, "Yes, yes, not no, yes!!" He picked me up and spun us around, and then I heard screaming. My eyes drifted up to see Ana and Angel who were hugging and jumping up and down making me giggle.




"Ready for your wedding?" Sam smiled and kissed me.




"Our wedding...wait I don't have a dress."




"Yes you do now let's go we have a booking that can't be rebooked." Ana yanked us from the alley way as Angel brought Carla, we were thrown in the van and Ana yanked off my clothes as we hid in the back.




"Oww ow that's my hair!"




"Hold still."




"Oww that hurt."




"Sorry."




"Can you not flash my panties?"




"Nope I have to." Once I was down to my bra and underwear shivering she pulled out a bag with a dress that brought a light over me, "Like?"




"Love! Did you pick it out yourself?"




"Do I know you or do I know you?"




"You're practically reading my mind." Slowly she unzipped the dress and pulled it over my head, it came down to just above my knees. It was all white, with silver designs from my right side to my left hip. It was strapless and I just loved this dress.




"Now put these back on." The silver heels.




"I hate you, can't I just wear my converse."




"No! This is going to be a traditional wedding, well somewhat of one. And besides you don't even have your shoes." We all laughed, the van pulled to a stop and Ana fixed my curls and applied some more makeup adding a smidge more silver eye shadow. Without me having to ask she put Sam's hat back on my head and I hugged her for it.




"I'll see you inside." Sam kissed my forehead and I watched him walk away.




"I'll be the pretty one."




"Yes you will!" With that he vanished.




"This is so stupid." Carla snared.




"Aww what's wrong Carla is the herpes starting to burn again." Ana smirked.



"Haha that was funny no I feel bad that Sam is promising you something he can't keep to you."



"What's that?"



"Being happily married to you."



"What are you talking about?"



"He's only doing this out of pity, because he thinks you deserve someone you think loves you." She laughed then climbed out the van.



"She's a b****."



"Yeah." My excitement was gone, my eyes looked out the window at the little chapel before us. It was a Vegas chapel cheesy and small. Of course they were letting us get married because it was Vegas, crazy things happened here all the time.



"Phoebe?"



"Yeah?"



"Are you okay?"



How dare Carla get to me on this great day of days, I'm not going to let her do this, "Yup I'm just let's go."



This time I yanked Ana out of the car, which I got kinda lucky I didn't trip on these heels. My dress would have been ruined, and we couldn't have that. Once we stepped in we were blinded with bright lights and low music. Ana had gotten herself a nice blue dress which was strapless and short, of course she had to look good too. A lady handed me a little bouquet and I smiled accepting it.



We walked Ana's arm wrapped around mine, we made our way in and my eyes found those same hazel ones I love so much. Sam stood next to a guy dressed as cupid, he was dressed in all black his black V-neck, black Levi's, and sneakers. He looked good maybe better than me, Angel stood next to him dressed in the same, all black, and then I saw Carla sitting down still in her red cocktail dress legs showing and all. Ana pulled me in her arms and kissed my cheek as I gripped her tightly, then she handed me to Sam something my dad should have done. But I didn't know him or want dad here, Ana was way better to give me away. She had tears in her eyes as she smiled taking the bouquet from my hands.

Behind me I could hear 'We'll be a dream' by We the kings, the same song that played that night when Sam kissed me and told me how he felt about me, "Is that our song?"

"You know it is."

"Oh Sam."

"I did it just for you."

Sam took my hands and smiled down at me, "Is this really happening?"

"This is happening."



"Good."



Cupid began, "We are gathered here today to bring together Sam Evans and Phoebe Strider in holy matrimony. Did you guys wanna do your own vows or have me give you some?"



We looked at each other and I nodded "Our own vows." Sam smiled.



"Well how about you go first pal?"



"Alright" he cleared his throat and I quivered with excitement "I think about you every day. My life without you isn't one I'd enjoy, Ana I'm sorry but before Phoebe came our time together sucked."



"I can accept that." She smiled.



"Ever since I met you I knew you were going to be my world, I wanted no matter what to be there for you, care for you, and most of all be with you even when I can't. Seeing you happy without guys made me mad because I wanted to be the guy you lit up around, I love you for you and everything about you. "



My eyes watered as he finished and tried to blind them back, "Phoebe?" Cupid said and I licked my lips.



"Sam you're on my mind constantly, not a minute goes by that we're not together I don't wish you were with me. I wake up thinking about you, I'm dead without you. You make me, me Sam without you I'd be lost in a world I didn't care for. Sam you're my everything to me nothing could come between us, no matter how big or small. I'll love you for now and forever. Everything about you makes me wanna be a better person just to make sure we live together happily. Sam I love you."



"I love you Phoebe." Tears fell down my face as tears filled his eyes.



"Do you have the rings?"



"Yup right here." Ana pulled out a ring and gave it to me as Angel handed Sam mine.



"Do you Phoebe take Sam as your lawfully wedded husband?"



"I do." I smiled and slipped the ring on Sam's finger and noticed the half heart on it.



"Do you Sam take Phoebe as your lawfully wedded wife?"



"I do." He put the ring on my finger and I saw the other half of the heart which had a crown on it, I smiled and looked At him.



"Does anyone object to these two being married?"



I looked at the three other people in the room, Ana's eyes had tears in them and a grin plastered on her face. Angel had a smirk which told me he was happy for us, but Carla was nowhere in sight which kinda made me happy.



"Well by the power invested in me, and the wicked wedgie this damn diaper is giving me I now pronounce you husband and wife." You may kiss the bride." Sam didn't hesitate as he cupped the sides of my face and kissed me, my arms came to his neck as I kissed him back. The kiss had so much love and passion making me feel weak at the knees.



"Okay you two save it for the honeymoon." Ana joked.



"You're right."



"Wait what..." before I could finish Sam picked me up bridal style and I laughed.



"Here's to the rest of our lives together." Sam looked me deeply in my eyes s he said it.



"To the end of time." Our lips met again and we left the chapel, ready to start the rest of our lives just me and Sam.

Okay I know you were looking forward to a honeymoon reminisce, so was I.

When Ana said honeymoon she meant 'Sam since Phoebe is your wife you need to spend loads of money on her' and that's exactly how it happened.

"Sammy bear come on we've only been to a few stores." Ana smirked.

"More like fifty!!" Sam had given up and stopped objecting, now he was following us in toe with more than a hundred bags in his hands.

We left Vegas just after we left the chapel, which I find unfair me and Sam got no alone time. And by the looks he kept giving me and glares he threw at Ana, kinda gave away he was pretty pissed too. We drove to Las Angeles and here we were shopping store after store, Ana was relentless. My feet were killing me and the flip flops on them weren't helping, I wonder how Ana does this on a regular basis?

"Come on babe keep up!"

"Can we take a break!?"

"YES!!!!"

"I agree it's hot as hell out here and I'm getting sweaty which I don't do." Fanning herself Carla dropped in Angel's lap as he sat on a bench. Amazingly being stuck with her for this long hasn't been bad, me and Ana were still warming up to her but she was growing on me. Every time we cracked on each other we'd just laugh about it, of course she still acted like a b**** but not as much.

"Fine let's sit."

"Thank God."

"Finally."

"I'm gonna have blisters by tonight."

"My prayers have been answered!!!" Oh Angel.

We were all tired, EXCEPT Ana which I find completely impossible. Back in Florida when we went shopping she went to three stores, took a twenty minute break, ate something, complained then we went home. Mind you we've been to hundreds of stores and this has been the only I repeat only break.

"Honey I love you but can we stop shopping for a day, sleep eight, then go shopping another day?"

"No! We're in Cali you gotta take advantage of the shopping while you can."

"Urgh too much shopping, you're putting my manliness at stake."I giggled and sat on Sam's lap as he wrapped his arm around me and tickled my side.

"No Sam this is one of the consequences of marrying Phoebe Strider."

"No Ana this is what happens when you marry Phoebe Strider and Ana steps in and takes advantage of that." She glared at me but I sent her an air kiss.

She caught it, "What ever are we ready to go again?"

"No!!!"

"Great let's do it." Grunting we all got up and followed her into another store, Carla and Angel left us and Sam passed out on a chair. Of course keeping up with Ana was hard but manageable, when she stopped to look at some skirts I saw someone. Long black skirt ripped up the side, black shades, a fedora, blonde hair with pink mixed in, and was looking at a black and red corset and plaid skirt.

"I like your hair."

They turned and smiled gripping her hair, "What this? I mean to change the color but just never get around to it, pink doesn't suit me anymore."

"Ha yeah I know what you mean that shirt is cool but I'm not sure about the skirt to match."

"Yeah?" She glanced down at it and shrugged, "A little lost I guess."

"Hold that thought. Ana!!"

"Pheebs I'm right here what do you want?" she glanced at the girl then the outfit, shook her head, and walked away.

"Um what was......"

"Give it a second." In 3, 2, 1. Ana reappeared with ripped leather pants skinnies of course, a belt of chains going every which way, then to top it off red skull earrings.

"Fashion at its best." Ana said with pride, handed the girl the clothes and smile. But snatched the skirt and flung it then a shriek.

"Ana I know that was you!!" Carla.

"You have no proof."

"Wow this is really hot and styling kid, where'd you learn to do that?"

"It comes naturally."

"You got a gift."

"Thanks....wait We didn't get your name." I looked back at her and she smiled.

"Avril."

"Ooo like Avril Lavigne" Ana started "All I want is to mess around..."

"Why you always have to go make things so complicated?"

"Goodbye gooooodbye goodbye my love."

"Oh you make me so hot you make me wanna drop." We bust out laughing, of course since Avril Lavigne was one of our favorite singers every time someone brought her up we'd break out singing her lyrics.

"Damn that was good" she took off her sun glasses and our jaws dropped "I would love to hang out with you some time."

There before us stood the one and only AVRIL FREAKING LAVIGNE!!!! Ana was frozen but I snapped out of it and nodded.

"Definitely."

"Cool I'm going on tour in a few months you guys should come to my show." She reached in her bag when Ana screamed.

"Sam!! Angel!! Carla!! Come here now!" The way she yelled made it sound as if she were being shot, the three came through the isle and froze when they saw her.

"Wow you guys must love me."

"Yeah we all like you."

"Well I'd like it if you guys chilled back stage with me at my concert, where you guys from?"

"Florida." Angel squeaked out which made me smirk.

"Awesome I'm going to Miami, here." She handed me five concert tickets and smiled, "All you gotta do is circle Miami and show where it says backstage to get your backstage passes. Cool?"

"Yeah but why are you being nice and giving these to us?" Carla had to be the sourpuss and question.

"Well one" she pointed at me "have an awesome video, you..."

"Ana."

"Might be my personal fashion adviser in the future, and you two look hot" Sam and Angel both grew red cheeks which made me and Ana laugh, "Now I gotta go pay for this."

"Wait Avril." I grabbed her hand and she stopped.

"Yeah?"

"Do you mind if we take a few pictures with you?"

She stood there making me feel like she'd say no but instead she said, "Hell yeah!"

We got the camera and all six of us hovered together, "Funny faces!" Click.

"Weird faces!" Click.

"Rocker face!" Click.

"Sad face!" Click.

"Happy face." Click.

"Smiles!!" Click.

"Everybody hug Avril!!" She laughed as Angel said it and we all hugged her. Click.

"Silly face!" Click.

"Last one, excited faces!!!" Click click. Quickly Avril signed some stuff but said she had to go, we all said goodbye and I smiled to myself.

"Of all people Phoebe Strider got to meet Avril Lavigne how unfair is that?" Sam teased.

"Very."

"Aren't you guys glad I dragged you to all these stores?"

"Somehow it was kinda worth it." Sam laughed.

"Damn straight it was now come on let's go get some food, maybe we'll run into Justin Bieber at McDonald's. Angel I give you permission to kick his ass." Oh Ana.

"Thanks mom."

We all skipped out, Sam's arm around me I laughed and thought our next stop was Chicago. That's where Meredith was, the woman I didn't want me around, who almost killed me, and disowned her daughter. I was going to make her pay big time, but for now I need to enjoy myself and my friends.

"Hey what's up?"

I looked up at Sam and shook my head, "Nothing."

"You sure?"

"Yeah let's go before Angel actually finds Justin Bieber."

"Haha okay come on."

God this was a fun trip but by the time I got back I'd have already lost my mind.

We've only been in Chicago for at least half a day and we've already been screamed at, thrown out of a building, I smacked an old lady, and we got arrested.

Okay before you think anything bad or say bad people, it was an accident we didn't know she would call the cops. Obviously as you can tell Meredith is in Chicago which is why we're here, and things kinda went downhill from there. Wait you know what I might as well start from when we first got here.

8 hours earlier

"Can I drive?"

"No."

"Please?"

"No Phoebe we're on the highway and besides you're not old enough to drive and you can't." Since Ana isn't a morning person she needs coffee, like gallons of it. But since we've been on the highway for hours we couldn't stop and she is very cranky.

"Fine....Sam would let me drive." I mumbled.

"Well am I Sam? No, now stop bugging me like I said on the highway!!"

"Are we almost there?"

"I think it says 'Chicago 5 miles', are you worried?"

"No....."

"Stop I know when you're lying." Dam I hate having her know me so much.

"Okay a little but I'm meeting the woman who was responsible for almost killing me and giving me something that may kill me!"

I didn't realize I had raised my voice until I looked at Ana and saw the frown on her face making me sigh, "Ana..."

"It's cool babe I understand, I'd be shitting bricks if I were in your position."

"I know."

"Okay" yawn "we there yet?"

"Angel it's eight in the morning it's about time you got up."

"Whatever."

"It's about time you got up Jesus, we need the number." Carla grabbed his phone and glanced at us, "Want me to wake up Sammy boy here?"

"I've got it." Angel lunged at Sam and he jumped awake.

"What!?"

"It's time to put the plan into action." AS soon as I said it Sam sat right up and smiled.

"Okay so since Meredith owns like the best kind of boarding school in the country, Carla will call as a concerned mother requesting to send her daughter who is a terrible bitch. Amazingly that will be me, in the guide it says that Meredith meets with every kid to consider if she will accept them. I'll go in and talk to her

and get what I need and we'll be out of there."



"Okay but we're gonna be there with you right?" Ana pressed.



"Of course Ana will be dressed as a Goth, Sam as a bad boy, Angel as a gang member, and Carla as a trashy teen."



"Oh so all she as to do is be herself." Ana snickered.



"Bite me."



"Guys please." Thank you Sam.



"Number?" Carla got her phone ready as Angel called out the numbers, "Okay it's ringing" she put it on speaker "come on answer."



"This is Millard Correctional Academy, how can we help you?"



"Yes my name is Jennifer Banks, may I speak with Meredith Nash about my delinquent daughter?" Carla had on her grown up voice and it really sounded good.



"One moment please."



"This is Meredith P. Nash how can I help you?"



"Um yes I have my daughter who is fifteen and she is just terrible, disobedient, wreaks the house, abuses her siblings, and is just so short tempered. Please I read about your academy and I really think you can help her."



"Hmm I can see your position bring her in as soon as possible and I will access her to see if we can accept her. We handle all children."



"Um thank you we live in Chicago actually can it work if I bring her today?"



"Yes, yes that's fine be here by 3 o' clock and I'll meet with her." Just the sound of her voice made me scared, Ana had pulled over and was still gripping the wheel.



"Thank you so much."



"See you at three Mrs. Banks."



"Goodbye." She ended the call and looked at us, "We're in business."



"Woohoo!!!" We all shouted.



"Nice now who's hungry?"



"Who isn't?"



"We'll be glad there's a dinner up ahead." Ana smiled and pulled into a parking lot, scrambling out we all walked into the place and took a booth in the back. We stayed there for two ours just eating and joking around, then throwing whip cream at each other. Around 12:30 we found a hotel, Ana passed out on the couch and Carla started planning her outfit. Quietly I snuck away.



Crossing the street I found a park amazingly no one was there because according to the forecast it was going to rain soon, but I still didn't care. I found myself sitting on a swing and wiggling my toes through the sand, my mind wandered to everything in my life. I met Avril Lavigne, went clubbing, I have the perfect guy, I'm going to meet the woman who gave birth to me. But here I was in Chicago, an unknown place I've only heard about from iCarly, going out of my way to meet the woman who tried to get rid of me.



The same woman who thought I would ruin my mother's life, the woman who gave me away without a second thought, the same woman who disowned her daughter. Because of me...



The rain started coming down and tears poured out of my eyes drenching my face along with the rain, maybe I should just stop now and leave my mom alone she probably already has a good life why go barging into it?

Wait a minute, what the hell is wrong with me she's my mother she loved me since she found out she was having me. She would be happy to finally have me back in her life, and I deserve to meet my mother even if she doesn't want to meet me. I stood up and started to walk back to the hotel when Ana saw me from the balcony.

"Babe what the hell are you doing it's raining dummy? Where did you go to?" She looked into my red eyes and frowned, "Have you been crying Phoebe!?"

"No I just umm..."

"Babe don't lie to me."

I couldn't tell her what happened at the park or her and Sam would be worried and clingy to me like always. I couldn't do that to them always feeling like they had to look after me. But I had no choice she could see right through me, "I'm worried about meeting Meredith, I thought about what happened to Erica that day. So I got a little teary."

"It's cool Pheebs we'll be right there with you."

Shocking she understood just like that, "Yeah okay we should get going."

It was already two and we had an hour to get ready, of course when we walked into our room Carla was already getting dressed. Ana sat me down and all three of us started getting ready for our devious plan.

***

"Oh my god I don't even recognize you!!"

"You look hot!! I have a boner!"

"Carla dam you might turn me."

"I know right." Carla had on really short shorts and if you tried you could see her thong, for the outfit of course. I hope. Her shirt practically had her boobs hanging out in the air, it was tight and came mid belly. She had on really high not ankle breakers but leg breakers, and her makeup really matched even thought there was a lot of it. Her hair was curled like always, and she just looked sexy if I do say so myself.

"Do I really look that different?" Amazingly Ana was Goth and really rocked the look, we had her wear a black wig that came to her lower back, black lipstick, and her eyes surrounded in eyeliner. She had on a corset which was purple and black (we got it from that store we met Avril in) it had purple claw marks around it, a long black skirt which was kinda ripped at the bottom, and fishnets. To top it off I let her borrow my converse, the only thing that looked like her was the shirt that came above her belly ring.

"Yes but I can't look that good." Ana had insisted on straightening my hair so I let her, and I'm really thinking about keeping it this way. I put on one of my tight white tang tops, a leather vest, and a pair of shorts just not as short as Cara's. To top it off Ana got me leather gloves and let me borrow her knee high boots. My makeup wasn't too much just eyeliner surrounding my eyes, then Ana put on some liquid Eyeliner making this cute curl at the sides of my eyes. I did look good and bad ass though.

"Yes you do now let's go."

"Well you girls look awesome." Angel said as we met them at the van, he looked at Carla and frowned yes that is one outfit no guy wants to see on his girlfriend, "Umm Carla?"

"Oh hush Angel it's just for the plan." She put her hand on his mouth and got in the car.

"You look good Phoebe." He had on wife beater and some dark jeans hung low showing his boxers. His hair was spiked and his sneakers were perfectly white.

"Phoebe you look perfect." There stood Sam looing hotter than ever. I smirked at his outfit his spiked hair, the dark jeans he had on, a blue V-neck, and his leather jacket.

"I don't know Sam maybe I might make you stay and bad boy because you look sexy." I smiled and he wrapped his arms around me.

"Maybe we should both keep this look because you make me look average. But I'd honestly do us."

"I would too."

He kissed me and I kissed back harder, he smiled pulling me tight as I stood on my toes to reach his height.

"Guys we need you to get in the car so we can be there on time." I pulled away with a sigh.

"Sorry Ana let's go." We all jumped in the van and drove to the building of doom, it took ten minutes so we got there at 2:48, "Wow this place is huge."

"I know."

"Well I guess they weren't lying when they said it's one of the best correctional places in America." Millard Hall was huge and looked scary enough to make you wanna piss your pants, Cara parked and we all huddled together.

"Alright we can't all go in at the same time so Angel first, then Carla, Ana, me, and lastly Phoebe." Sam said.

"And walk straight to the meeting room don't stop, if anyone asks you have an appointment but went to use the bathroom."

Ana laughed, "Alright Angel Carla get out." They climbed out and walked in "Pheebs make an entrance and a big one at that."

"Promise."

"Make me proud, luck." She bumped my fist and walked out.

"Alright I'm next" Sam kissed me "I'll be waiting and ready when you are."

"Okay." He climbed out leaving me alone I took a deep breath and started counting "1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, and 10."

I opened the door and walked to the entrance, once I opened the door I saw how dark yet bright it was. Just dark furniture and bright lights everywhere, it was also a little too stuffy. I continued walking and found the hall where I saw Sam standing against a wall across from me and Ana next to him slouched in her Goth act. Sam looked up slightly and winked, take a deep breath. It's show time.

"Alright bitches!!! This is supposed to be a room with fucked up delinquents, where's the fun!?" All the teens' look at me, "My man put on some dam music." Angel smirked and grabbed his phone and plugged in the speaker the music started blaring, Carla got up and pulled people to their feet standing up everyone making them dance.

"Hell yeah this is what I'm talking about!!" I ran at Sam and jumped into his arms, "Heyy there sexy!"

"Sup." His smile made me laugh.

"Wanna get busy?"

"Hell fuck yeah." He turned sitting me on the window sill and started kissing me hard, I chewed on his bottom lip and he slid his tongue in my mouth. All the people in the room were either dancing, kissing, trashing stuff, or acting crazy. Ana even flipped a couch. I kissed Sam harder making up for the lost times we hadn't kissed, his hands creeped up my sides and under my shirt. I brought my hands to his hair and wrapped my legs around his waist, he started kissing me harder and I knew he was making up for lost time too and I'm so glad he is. My sunglasses were in the way but I ignored them and kept kissing him.

"Crash!!"

"Smack!!"

"Hell yeah!!!!"

"Get it!!"

This place was utter chaos and I loved it, that was until I heard a bull horn. Everyone stopped what they were doing but I took my time pulling away from Sam, there was a woman with blonde hair hanging around her face and mean look.

"What the hell is going on in here!?" She screamed.

"Madness!! And it's awesome!!" Some random boy screamed.

"Who started this?" My cue.

Untangling myself from Sam and I jumped off the sill and rose my and with a smirk, "It was me! I turned this place into a mad house and it's fucking GREAT!!!!"

"Woohoo!!" Everyone yelled.

"Guards take them all out of my building." My eyes widened and she stalked over to me, "You're coming with me."

She gripped my arm and I reached for Sam but a guard yanked him away I had no choice but to follow her, she yanked me down halls then pushed me in a door slamming it closed. She sat at a desk I guessed was hers and I took the seat in front of hers and put my feet on the desk to top it off.

"Who the hell do you think you are?"

"Mia Banks."

"You don't come into my Correctional facility and start causing havoc." Her voice was stern but made me laugh.

"You don't have signs that say I can't."

"This is no laughing matter. No wonder your parents wanted to get rid of you." Right...

"I'm an awesome daughter."

"I find that hard to believe."

"Well believe it you old hag."

"If you were my daughter..." I cut her off.

"What you'd hit me, lady I can kick your ass any day."

"I don't tolerate that kind of language."

"Do you have a daughter?"

"Excuse me?"

"Do you have kids? A daughter, you know?"

"Yes."

"How many?"

"This is about you not me" I just looked at her bluntly through my shades for a minute then she sighed "two."

"Do you still talk to them?"

"I do still talk to one of them."

"What about the other?"

"WE don't talk."

"Why not?"

"She's not my daughter anymore."

"Why?"

"I disowned her that's why."

"Oh I see tell me if I'm right her name was Erica right?" Her eyes widened and I smirked, "Oh so I am right, I know this story but tell me when I'm wrong. Okay so Erica everything you wanted your daughter to be then she got a little wild, then met what was his name? Michael, Matthew......Oh wait Marcus."

She stiffened, "And they got serious and like most couples had sex, come to find out she got preggers!!!! Shining moment in every girl's life, Erica was super happy but dear old mommy dearest was not. You tried to get her to abort the baby, but she wanted the baby, and you just couldn't have that. So she moved out, your reputation was going to be ruined if you didn't stop her from having that baby. Correct?"

She didn't look at me but only at the pen she gripped in her hand, "I am. Okay so you couldn't let that happen so what do you do, call up your eight month old pregnant daughter and tell her you wanna work things through. You tricked a hormonal teen who felt rejected by her own mother, she comes over. You try to get her to put this baby up for adoption, but when she says no you argue and she runs out. Your last change is about to be over, so what do you do? You push a pregnant girl down a huge flight of stairs. Am I right? Did you get what you wanted? Were you satisfied?"

"No." I was taken back when she answered, "I was not because that baby was born later that day."

"What the hell did that baby ever do to you!? It's not like she planned to be born. She didn't ask to have a grandmother who hated her. But you blamed all of it on her, what the fuck for!!!??"

"Because that damn kid ruined everything!! She ruined my look of perfect parent! She took my daughter away! She almost ruined my daughter's life, do you really think I could have let that happen!?"

"Apparently not what did you do?"

"The only thing I could do, I put the bastard up for adoption."

"You couldn't do that without her consent."

"She was seventeen I was still her legal guardian, I lied and said she wanted to give the kid up. The next thing I did was took my daughter home and never looked back." She didn't have one ounce of regret in her in her voice or eyes.

"Did you ever stop to think maybe about the I don't know baby? Maybe she would end up in foster care! Or an abusive home did you stop to stop to think about that!? She could have been raped or killed but no all you thought about was your own selfish fucking self!!!"

"I did it for......" I put my hand up.

"No don't say you did it for Erica!! You just didn't want a mistake in your perfect life, so you just tossed me to the God dammit wolves without even thinking about how I would grow up!!!"

"What did you just say?" I stopped realizing what I had said, no turning back now. I ripped off my sun glasses and she gasped at my green eyes.

"Never thought you'd ever see these beauties again did you?"

She gulped but shook her head, "You're not her."

I pulled me shirt from my shoulder to show my birth mark and hee jaw dropped "Still don't think I'm that baby?"

"This is not right."

"You wanna know what isn't right? How heartless of a woman you are to just take away something your daughter loved so much, someone she wanted to care for. You wanna know why because she knew I'd love her more than her own mother. Don't you ever regret what you did?" Tears threatened my eyes as they were burning into the side of her head.

"No." My heart stopped and I stared at her.

"What?"

"I am very glad I did it, because I know Erica finished college, she got married, and replaced you with better kids. My actions caused her much pain yes but they helped her become stronger. And do you want to know something, just looking at you know you're everything I pictured you would. A monster, so I regret nothing." A small formed on her face and I shook with anger.

"You're the monster you bitch!"

The tears spilled over my eyes and she looked me deep in my eyes, "She should have aborted you when she had the chance."

I froze, she laughed and I couldn't stop myself I drew my fist back and punched her in her jaw. She flew out of her seat and landed with a loud thud, she locked up at me in utter shock. But I realized to late she reached under her desk and instantly a alarm started blaring throughout the whole building.

"You're the monster you tried to kill me!!!" I brought my fist back up when I heard a door slam open, arms surrounded me, I turned to see Sam.

"She's not worth it Phoebe!" I shook in his arms staring at Meredith in hatred.

"You aren't worth it and I'm better than you'll ever be, you're a monster, a bitch, a murder, I might die because of you!! You're just a heartless fucking person I hope you rot in hell!!!" Sam dragged me out of the room and pulled me down the hall.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

My breathing was heavy I felt flustered and yet I've never felt better like I was on a thrill high, "Yeah I'm fine, thank you for getting me out of there."

"It took a lot to get back in here so be very thankful. Did you get it?" I reached in my jacket and pulled out my phone which had the recording of me and Meredith's conversation.

"Right here."

"Good now come on we have to get out of here, the cops are on their way." I nodded and we ran through the halls with Sam until we made it to the entrance.

"You're the monster you tried to kill me!!! Don't you dare, how dare you, I can't believe you could even say something like that. You should be in jail for what you did."" I brought my fist back up when I heard a door slam open, arms surrounded me, I turned to see Sam.

"Calm down calm down! She's not worth it Phoebe!" I shook in his arms staring at Meredith in hatred.

"You aren't worth it and I'm better than you'll ever be, you're a monster, a bitch, a murder, I might die because of you!! You're just a heartless fucking person I hope you rot in hell!!!" Sam dragged me out of the room and pulled me down the hall. Quickly he pulled my small body against his and I accepted the hug.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

My breathing was heavy I felt flustered and yet I've never felt better like I was on a thrill high, "Yeah I'm fine, thank you for getting me out of there."

"It took a lot to get back in here so be very thankful. Did you get it?" I reached in my jacket and pulled out my phone which had the recording of me and Meredith's conversation.

"Right here."

"Good now come on we have to get out of here, the cops are on their way." I nodded and we ran through the halls with Sam until we made it to the entrance. We rushed to get to the van when the back doors opened to reveal Ana.

"Jump in." She screamed as the sirens got louder, we threw ourselves in the car as Angel pulled the car out of the lot but hit a hard break. There sat three cop cars and ten cops.

"Shut the car off and step out with your hands in the air."

"What do we do?"

"Give up we have no way out of this." Sam whispered but didn't look at me.

"We don't have any option do we?" Ana asked.

"No we don't." Carla said with fear in her voice, Angel turned off the van and all climbed out just like they told us to. They cuffed each of us and stuffed us in the back of he cop cars, I was with Carla sadly so that left Ana with Angel. And poor Sam was all alone.

"Carla?"

"Just stick to the story you were sent here by your mom for being a delinquent. Keep the name, the story, and what happened." She just stared forward with out looking at me.

"Thanks Carla."

"Don't thank me yet, they believe the story but we caused a disturbance of the peace and violation of public property."

"You have a point."

"But they may just put us in the cells until someone comes to get us."

"But we don't have anyone to come get us."

"Exactly." I nodded and we both sat in silence as we were taken into custody at the police station, we were all separated and took into interrogation.

***


"So your name is Mia Banks correct?" A plump detective asked me.
"Yeah." I tried to keep up my cool noncaring, delinquent act which was working, but on the inside I really wanted to scream, run away, and hide.


"And what was you're reason for going to Mrs. Nash's facility?"


"My idiot of a mother sent me there because of my behavior."


"Yeah well we called the numbers you gave us but got no answer." That's because we used my and Carla's phones, but they were turned off.


"She has work too you know."


"Alright! If you don't cooperate with me I'll make sure you don't leave here today!" His voice rang in my ears making me flinch but smirk.


"Sorry I thought I was."


"We know you're not telling u the truth, Mia. Just cooperate and we'll give you a slap on the hand with a warning and let you go home."


I sat in my chair for a minute thinking about it, if I told them the truth they'd find out who I was, where I was from, and contact my parents, "Okay......you wanna know the truth?"


"Yes please."


"Well I told you the truth already." He growled and rubbed his temples.


"Detective Ross please take her back to the cell." I smiled and got up from my seat as another woman maybe in her twenties came and took me out of the room.


"Can I get a phone call please?"


"I guess, only ne." She led me to a phone and I sighed as I dialed the number of the only person we could trust.


"Hello?"


"Hi Lola its Phoebe."


"Oh my god sweetie how are you? Did you see Meredith yet? Did she do something? Do I need to come up there to deal with her...?" I stopped her.


"Lola please I need your help."


"What is it pumpkin?"


"We've been arrested all five of us."


"She did not call the cops on you."


"She did, and now we have no way out of this police station. That's why I called you I hoped you might be able to help us."


"I'm glad you called I know just the person who is close by you, sit tight pumpkin help is on the way." With that she hung up, Detective Ross glanced at me and I nodded. She brought me back to the others, they were all huddled together, and Ana saw me first


"Phoebe." Ana said slowly and rushed to hug me, "Are you alright? Did they push you? If I have to go to jail for killing a cop I will. If they did anything to you that is."


"I'm fine really honey, help is coming for us now." Their eyes widened.


"Who?"


"Lola is sending help."


"From where? Texas?" Carla scoffed.


"No just know someone's coming to help us." I sat on Sam's lap and he nuzzled his face in my neck, I calmed myself as Ana sat at my feet and Angel on my right and Carla next to him. Sighing I settled into Sam's embrace as he placed small kisses on my neck, he just knew my soft spot. A spot near the back of my ear and I shuttered.


"Stop." I whispered lowly.


"Why? You don't like this?" He did it again.


"No I love it but we have people right next to us." He smiled but kissed that spot again.


"Forget them."


"No now stop." He backed up looking hurt but I smiled, "Just kidding." He kissed my lips full on and I kissed him back eagerly.


"Phoebe? Phoebe Strider?" I jumped back up to see a woman maybe forty with reddish brown hair and deep brown eyes.


"I'm Marianna Mack" I stood up and walked over to her "I'm here to take you kids home. I owe you that."


"Why?"


"I was there the day the accident happened." My eyes widened and they opened the cell.


"You were there?"


"Yes but we will talk more once we leave." We all rushed out grabbed our stuff and crammed into Marianna's car, Thank God we're out of there.


I shouldn't have said anything because things were about to get worse.



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.