Pictures of Us | Teen Ink

Pictures of Us

March 8, 2013
By bluedaisy101234 BRONZE, Radnor, Ohio
More by this author
bluedaisy101234 BRONZE, Radnor, Ohio
1 article 15 photos 21 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Dream big anyone can do it only if they put thier mind and heart in it anything is possible."
"Don't be content with somebody else's deffanetion of you, but be content with your own definition of yourself."


Author's note: i wish this was my romance life.

I lay down on the ground and I see the clouds a golden color as if Heaven had come to me. Some clouds look like an artist had painted the clouds a purplish blue. And the slightest streak of pink in the sky. The grass is soft beneath me like a bed I smooth down the grass with my hands. I dig my feet under the soft soil which smooth’s down my skin. I look up and I see a familiar face hovering over me.
I smile and said, “What do you want?” “Nene I am hungry feed me.” I take one last look


Tell me how it is. Give me some feedback too. Thanks a lot.

At the city sky and get up and store away the picture in my mind.
“Okay,” I finally said.
I forced my feet up under me and stand up. Just when I look down at Jessie he sticks his Chubby little finger up his nose and begins moving it here and there. He looks like he’s looking for something in there. Then he takes his finger out reviling a big green glob on his finger.
“Want some Nene?” he said bring it close to me and I step back.
“No thanks buddy.”
He shrugged and stuck it in his mouth. Now that’s gross I thought scrunching up my nose and I feel as if I’m going to barf. Jessie is a cute little boy, my little brother. He is in kindergarten going on to first grade. His short blond hair shimmers brightly in the sun blinding me. He runs down to the door and jumps at least three times and fails to open the door all three times.
I walk up to him and he looks up at me and said, “I wish I was as tall as you.”
Then he plopped down on the ground crossed his chubby little arms and his legs too and looked to the right. I bent down to his level and trust me it works you should try it some time.
“Jessie look at me” he didn’t look at me and he didn’t.
So I plop down on the welcome mat and crossed my arms across my chest, sat Indian style, looked to the left and puckered my lips out. He looked over at me and the slightest smile came at the corner of his mouth. When I looked over he looked away as if he was still mad at me. Then I darted over at him and began to tickle him. It was a giggle at first and then it turned into a laugh and started to yell.
“STOP THAT TICKELS!” He is squirming everywhere then I hear someone tapping their shoe.
Jessie and I looked up to see “DADDY!” Jessie ran up and hugged his leg. I laughed and wiped off the dust from the welcome mat. Mom came up clonking in her high heals
“Hay mom,” I said. “Hay sweetheart your dad and I need to talk to you.”
My smile had faded “About what?” she looked at me with her sad deep blue eyes. I followed her in the house. Dad was already siting in a seat at the table. Mom went to sit by him. This looks like a seen when someone in my family died. But it could be anything. So I take in a deep sigh and let it out. I found a seat and sat in front of them.
“What’s up?”
Mom and dad exchanged looks then said, “We got offered to go to England to teach some collage kids writing.”
I grinned. And said, “We get to go to England for the summer?”
Mom shook her head, “No we do you cant. It’s the collage that pays for us. You are going to Florida to stay with your Aunt Kay. I’m sorry the other thing is we don’t know how long the trip is. It could be just the summer to two years.” My grin faded, that means I would have no summer with my friends and transferring schools.
“I know this is a shock for you but, you will have to leave tomorrow morning. When we get there we will have to leave immediately and you will leave at 4:00am. Were sorry we just couldn’t turn down this offer o hope you understand,” Dad said to me.
My mom and dad are two college professors in writhing. They also write novels so they do a lot of traveling. We hardly ever have any family time now they are going over abroad. When they get home talk with me max twenty minutes and Jess and hour. Then they go to their study and start on writhing. They hardly spend any time with us. Why can’t we be like any other family and go on vacations together. Go to family gathering, celebrate birthdays and holidays. I felt like crying their but, I managed to swallow them back. I was angry at them I had pure anger right now.
“Oh I understand all right. I understand it perfectly clear,” I said leaving the table.
“Again Neia, were terribly sorry,” mom said.
I stopped at the stares for a few seconds before saying, “Yah I caught that the first time and all the other times to.”
I left before they could say anything else.
“I’m sorry” I mimicked to myself.
I’m supposed to go to an Aunts house I never met before in my life. How much lower can they get? On top of that my summers ruined and I just might have to transfer schools. Yah, yah that’s perfect. I opened my bedroom door and walk in and looked around. Most of mu walls are full of pictures I take. I looked over and see a picture of Jessie and I that I took last year. It was a really cute picture. I was crouching down beside him and he was giving the camera a heart melting smile. His bright, brown, Bambi eyes looking up with joy. His blond hair shimmering, like gold in the afternoon sun. I smiled and take it down. To be honest I’m worried about Jessie he has hardly and any affection from mom and dad. I creep over to his room to see what he is doing.
I hear “OH, NO! Don’t eat me Mr. Bunny I don’t taste any good,” he said in a high pitched voice.
“Well I like my T-Rex toasted.” I just rose and eyebrow to this.
That’s new bunny’s went, carnivorous and T-Rex's went vegan. Interesting. I went to by bedroom and began packing. It took me twenty minutes to pack both my luggage and Jessie’s. “So where are we going?” he asked me.
“We are going to Aunt Kay’s house in Florida,” I said to him.
“Who’s Aunt Kay? Have you met her? Is she mean?” he asked me.
“No I have never met her but, I just bet she’s a really nice lady. Now get some sleep you will need it.” I said kissing him on the forehead.
“Night, Nene.”
“Night Jess,” I said turning off the lights.
I went in my bed and looked up at the sea long. I just began to thank about mom and dad. When I started 9th grade they wanted me to take all this writing classes. They want me to be a writer like them. I don’t want to be a writer I want to be a photographer. I just don’t know how to tell them that. So I took every writhing class then took a photography class in secret. My eyes are feeling heavy. It was as if a thousand pounds had been dropped on my eyelids soundly. So I close my eyes so tomorrow would come.
****
(How is it so far tell me on the feedback)
“Tickets please,” A lady with and annoying voice said.
I don’t know if you have ever seen ‘Monsters Ink’ but, she sounds like the mean slug lady at the desk. Her kind of looks like her, she just has a really huge mole on her chin. You could even see the hair on it from a mile away. I looked away from it and handed to tickets to her.
She glared at us I thank her mole did to personally then said, “Go on.”

So Jessie and I rushed passed her and on the plane. I don’t know what but, I’m scared as heck. Mom and dad told me not to worry it was just plane anxiety and that everyone gets it.
While we were waiting to get over to our seats Jessie asked me, “Can I sit by the window?”
I smiled and said, “Shure you can buddy.”

I had ruffled his soft blond hair. He smiled up at me and looked straight ahead. In about five minutes or so we arrived to at our seats. Jessie is shaking with eagerness.
“Sit still buddy,” I said to him.
We were the last people to sit on the plane.

Then I hear the flight attendant say, “please put on your buckles we are about to get ready for takeoff ladies and gentlemen. Thank you.”

I reached out to take his buckle and buckle it up. I’m shaking with fear. I don’t know what to do. I do the same with me then I felt a little had slip in mine.
I look at Jessie and he smiled and said, “S’okay you can hold my hand until the plane is in the air Nene.”

He is so sweet and cute I love him so much. To be hosted I thank for the most part Jessie is pretty responsible for his age. I thank I should be the one saying that. I felt the plane rumble and my whole body went tense. I clenched Jessie and he squeezed back. I had to count to ten and breathe in deeply. That is one thing my mom and dad taught me to do when I was scared. The plane took off and once we were in the air I relaxed a bit. I let go of Jessie hand. I felt kind of light headed because of the atmosphere. Change but, I was alright.
I tapped Jessie and said, “if you need me just rap on me okay.”
“Okay Nene,” he said looking blackout the window.
I put my headphones and turned on my music. Just then I felt something wet on my shoulder and I looked to see an old man slobbering all over my shoulder. That is discussing then I closed my eyes and fell into a deep sleep.
*****
I felt someone taping on my leg. I woke up and saw a woman in my face.
“Ma’am you need to get off of then plane with your brother.”
“Oh, I’m sorry, “I said getting up and grabbing Jessie’s hand.

Aunt Kay is going to kill me. I grabbed my camera bag and leave the plane behind. As I came out of the plane exit I searched the crowed of unfamiliar faces for Aunt Kay, waited I don’t even know what she looks like. I scan the crowed of faces then look over at a woman waving. I looked around and back at her and pointed at me. She had an even bigger smile and nodded.
I looked down at Jessie and said, “Come on lets go.”
When I walked closer I saw that she looked like a female version of my dad.
“Oh it’s nice to finally, meet my niece and nephew. Come on its time to get home. I hope you like it,” She said hugging us about to suffocate us.
We were walking out the door then I said, “Our luggage.”
“Oh don’t worry honey I already got.”

We came to a little red car and we got in the car. It sure is tinny on the inside to. On the way to the house it was like playing twenty questions with a child who doesn’t know how to count. An hour and a half later we pulled in a small town. From there it took twenty minutes to get to the house. We pulled in a gravel driveway and it was a small house too. I grabbed our luggage and went in the house.
“Roger! Come and help Neia with her luggage.”
Then I heard a voice by me say, “I’m right hear. You Neia?” he asked me.
I nodded. He took my luggage while Aunt Kay took Jessie’s to another room.
So I fallow Uncle Roger, up a spiral stair case. I almost ran into him then he said, “Your room is hear and his is right down by our room.”
*******
Now I am at a park because I need to get out of that house. I got on a tree and swung upside down and I saw the perfect lighting for a picture. As I was getting ready to take a picture I saw a boy standing out hear. Hands in pockets, silver like hair from the light of the moon and I can’t help but point and shoot. I took a picture of him up close, and far away. This is going on my wall it’s pretty. Then I go back to the tree and the moon.
“So we have a new monkey in town?”
I looked over and saw a boy with blond hair but, silver in the light of the moon, a shirt not too tight but show some of the mussel he has. I fell on the ground.
“Ouch”
That was my butt. He chuckled to himself
“Sorry I didn’t mean to scare you.”
“It’s okay.”
“Where did you move from?”
“I didn’t move hear I’m here for the summer and may graduate hear but, it’s only for a little while.”
He smiled “What’s the monkeys’ name?”
“I’m not a monkey and my name is Neia and your name is?”
He smile and just walked away without a word. My mouths dropped in disbelieve.
He turned and yelled “JAKE IS MY NAME. SEE YA AROUND NEIA.”
And with that he was gone. Jake I like it for some reason it suits him. My phone vibrated and I looked at it. ‘DINNER TIME, COME HOME SWEET HEART,’ the text said. I sighed and went home. When I came home they were all at the table. I smiled to myself and thought I could get use to this. We had mashed potatoes and gravy, pork chops and broccoli. Jessie kept picking at his broccoli.
“You can’t leave this table until you finish your broccoli Jess,” I said to him.
“But I don’t like broccoli Nene,” he said in a whining voice bouncing in his chair.
Finally, after an hour he ate his broccoli. After dinner I took a shower and went in by new bedroom. I have my own shower I didn’t even get that at home in Mississippi. I close my eyes to wake up in the morning. It would be a new day and a new beginning.

The author's comments:
How do you like it so far? I fixed the first chapter and give me more feed back. Thank you for who are reading my sory. It will take some time because of school and work. So thank you again for being patient with me. 0_0

I woke up to crashing and banging in the kitchen and there for I am up now. I hope my way to the bathroom. I turn on the shower and get in. the cold water felt good. Even though it is morning it is hot up in my room. I have only a little fan witch doesn’t even have enough of the wind doesn’t make it over to me. So the shower is like heaven to me. I finish my shower and get ready for the new day for a new beginning. When I walk down the stairs and see Aunt Kay was just cleaning up.
"Do you need any help at all Aunt Kay?" I asked.
She looked up from the dishes and the she said, “OH, you’re up sweetheart. No I do not need your help at all just eat."
She pointed at the table. At that split moment I saw him. I looked over at him then at Aunt Kay then him again. My mouth was open in disbelief.
He sat chewing his food at the table and then he said, “Hay there Neia what are you doing here?” Jake asked me?
“Shouldn’t I be asking you that question? This is my Aunt I’m saying with.”
Aunt Kay looked at me then, him then me again.
“How do you know one another?” she asked.
“We met at the park and we don’t really know one another,” I said.
He smiled and said, “We could start now.”
Aunt Kay hit him then said, “Jake this is my niece you’re talking to. You know what I mean to.”

Jake just shrugged while smiling. I just shake my head and sit down to eat breakfast. This contained a stack of pancakes, bacon, sausage and hash browns.
Then I hear “Nene!” Jessie came running at me.
“Good morning buddy. Did you already eat?”
He looked over at me and then said, “Yah I did and dit was good.”
He looked over at Jake then asked, “Who is he?”
Jake interrupted and said, “I am a friend of Aunt Kay and your sister.”
He smiled at me and I shot him a death stare. For some reason I could not tare my eyes away from Jakes eyes. I could tell you his eyes were a crystal blue as if they were staring right into my heart. He looks about eighteen years old.
“Me!? We barly even know one another man. So don’t you dare call me a fiend yet,” I said a bit offened.
He smiled and said, “Yet that’s the word yet.”
Jessie looked at us confused then said, “I want to go to Disney Nene. Can we go today?”
“I’m sorry buddy I have no way to get you there. I would if I could.”
He looked at me with disappointment and then looked up at me with big eyes. He looks like he is going to cry. I can’t stand it when he cries and I shut down. I tried to swallow but my mouth is dry and won’t allow me to do so. I looked away from him and down at my hands. Then I looked up at Jake and he looked at me with pity. My eye twitched because I cannot stand people looking down on me. Then he leaned down on the table, causing it to creek. A smile had formed on his face which, looked like he had an idea. And it didn’t look too good to me.
“I will drive you guys to Disneyland.”
Just then I saw Jessie face lighten up and he ran over to Jake and said, “REALY!?”
Jake smiled and said, “Yah today in matter of fact. I don’t have to work at all.”

He looked at Aunt Kay and she nodded on agreeing of what he said.
“Tank you, tank you, tank you,” Jessie said hugging Jake’s leg.
“No problem little buddy,” he said ruffling his hair.”
“That will be good now let’s get you ready Jessie,” Aunt Kay said to him.
I let out a loud sigh and get up and wash my plate. I walk up to the stares and I got dressed into something decent. I was just going out of the bathroom and I looked in the merrier. I took a hair tie and put my hair up in a half pony tail. Then I went down the stairs.
Jake looked at me and smiled then said, “Ready for Big Disneyland?”
I glared at him then said, “You bet I love Disneyland.”

I fell attracted to him but, I don’t want him to find out because I have never felt this way towards someone else. My heart beats faster than a jack rabbit and I feel the slightest blush on my face when he looks at me. I just want to push my hand through his blond wavy hair.
“Have fun kids,” Aunt Kay yelled out of the kitchen.
“Oh, we will Aunt Kay,” Jake said smiling at me devilishly.
“To be honest Jake I’m afraid of you.”
“That’s always a plus I believe.”

I stuck out my tongue at him and he smiled at him and there before me was the most beautiful lamborghini. Well in my mind. It was an old rusted truck and it was a three seater.
Jake looked at us and said, “This is my baby and her name is Red Riding Hood.”
I bit back my laugh but I couldn’t I just bursting out laughing.
Jake looked at me then said, “Something wrong miss. Neia?”
“Yah your name of the truck it is a wearied name it is not so red it is more like Rusted Riding Hood.”
“Well I’m sorry but she has put a lot of year in for me and she runs like a charm and you don’t have to come and little man and I can go.”

I shake my head and I walk over and get in the truck or at least try to get in. I went to open the door and the handle burnt my hand.
“Ouch!” I quickly take my hand off of the handle.
Then Jake came up behind me and opened the door and said, “It is hard to open the door and the seats hot to so be careful. You don’t want your fragile skin burning off.”
I glared at him then he said, “You could kill anyone with that glare.”






I picked up Jessie and I got in the truck. Jake started the engine and pulled out of the drive way and we were off to Disneyland and I was kind of exited too. Who knows what could happen now. Jake smiles and were off.

We came rolling in the loud amusement park where all the little kids run and scream. Parents dragging their children out of Disneyland was a sight. Kicking and fussing with red faces, of anger putting their parents, through all the trouble of leaving. I looked down at Jessie and he just shrugged. Jessie would never do that he would just agree to leave when we say so.

“Is this Disneyland?” Jessie asked.
“The one and only little buddy,” Jake said rubbing his head.
Jake slapped his legs and said, “Well let’s go Disneyland is not going to wait for anyone.”

I rolled my eyes and got out of the car and now I know the real meaning of hell. The noise was three times worse than when we were in the truck. I look over at Jake and then back at Disneyland.
Might as well go to hell right now, save the trouble of the pain, and torcher.
Jake leaned in and whispered in my ear, “Welcome to Disneyland the land of hell with children.”

I looked over at him and he gave me a smile, I roll my eyes and walk towards the entrance. There was a crazy long line in every open window. And five windows were open this is crazy, I swear it is. Jake and Jessie walked up by me and Jessie was jumping up and down with excitement. It does my heart good that he is happy. We never go to theme parks at all. Finally after about thirty minutes we made it up to the window.
A young girl around my age had greeted us, “Hello, welcome to Disneyland how many people are there going to be?”
I was about to say three but Jake stepped in front of me and said, “Three people a teen, and adult and a child.”
The girl typed the information in the computer then said, “That would be one hundred dollars sir.”
My mouth dropped and I was pulling out my wallet out to help with the payment but Jake just grabbed my hand and said, “It’s on me.” He handed the girl a hundred dollar bill.
The girl took it and rung it up giving him the receipt she said, “Enjoy your day at Disneyland.”

Jake nodded and we went in the amusement park. I thought it would be big but not this big. Rides here and there, food and billions and billions of people.
Jake smiled and said, “You look like you’re having a sugar rush just with no sugar.”

I looked at him then said, “I have never been to an amusement park my whole life. So I am kind of exited.”

“Nene lets go on the tea cup ride,” he said pulling me to the ride.

I looked back at Jake and he smiled and gave me a thumbs up. Some help you are thanks. The ride had just finished and we were dragged in and strapped to the tea cup. I could not control the butterflies in my stomach. The ride began to move and Jessie began to spin us. This is not the ride you would not want to ride this ride after you eat. My point was made when we got off a kid puked in front of the exit. That’s just beautiful someone was not paying attention and stepped in the puke.

Jake was waiting for us at the exit then he said, “So…. How was the ride?”
“Don’t ask just don’t ask.”
“Oh it’s that how bad it is.”
“I don’t like rides at all now.” I said to him.
So Jessie and Jake road the rides together. We had spent the whole day at Disneyland and I was ready to go home. As we were walking around I saw mickey mouse and so there for I got Jake and Jessie together and took a picture.
Jake walked up to me and he said, “You’re turn to take a picture with mickey mouse.”

He shoved me towards the man in the Mickey Mouse costume. The man put his arm around my waist instead of my shoulder. Not only that but he move me closer to him. Jake gave him a hard stare.
Then the man behind the Mickey Mouse outfit asked, “Is Jake you’re boyfriend?”
“No and even if he was it would not be any of your business old man,” I said to him.
“Old! How insulting!”
“Okay, I got the picture now let’s go,” Jake said.
I quickly moved away from the old pervert man. And thought out the rest of the day that firkin mickey mouse pervert was where ever I was.
“Are you hungry?” Jake asked me.
“Ummm….yah I am,” I said to him.

I told him I will look for my own concession stand to find food at. So I walk out of eye sight from the table where Jake and Jessie chose. I saw how many places they had and so many dissensions. There was taco bell, and some other places I have never heard of before.
Then someone came up behind me and said, “Dissensions, dissensions so many dissensions.”
I freaked out and jumped into him.
“Whoa, there carful if I were a grumpy parent I wouldn’t be too happy about you’re bumping into me.”

I looked behind me and saw a strikingly handsome boy behind me. He had short brown hair the color of tree bark, forest green eyes, taller than Jake by far. The sharp curve of his jaw, his tented skin so beautiful in the sun, his smile is as equal to Jessie’s heart worming smile and his shirt outlining his figure which is like Jake’s.

“I’m sorry, you scared me,” I said slightly blushing.
“Hay it’s not that I’m worried about I’m more worried about being called and old man that’s a pervert. Sounds familiar to you?” the boy asked.
My eyes widened it can’t be he is the man that was in the Mickey Mouse costume.
“Well you shouldn’t grab girls by the side of the waist and have them assume you’re a teenage boy under that wearied costume,” I said looking at the boy.
“Josh is my name and what is the lovely lady’s name if I may ask?”
“Neia is my name,” I said with a smile.
“Well if I may ask why are you with Jake for?”
“Oh, that he offered to take my little brother and I to Disneyland.”
“So he’s starting again,” Josh mumbled to himself.
“I beg your pardon?” I asked.
“Well you see Jake…” before he could say anything he was on the ground.
“You shouldn’t go around telling everyone’s business you know. You could get into trouble Josh,” Jake said.

Okay I am so confused right now I don’t even know what to do. When I thank about it Jake did seem a bit tense when he was taking the picture of me and “Mickey Mouse.”
“Come on Neia lets go and get you something to eat,” Jake said pulling me away.
“We need to help Josh he’s bleeding.”
“He’s a big boy he can take care of himself.”
“Hay Nene why did Jake hurt that boy,” Jessie said.
Jake was ahead of us so I said, “I don’t know buddy. I guess he didn’t want him to find out about something he’s not ready to tell us. In time he will tell us, in time.”

Other than that the rest of the day went well for the most part. We laughed, made jokes, took pictures but for the most part we made memories together. The more I spend time with Jake the more I see his true nature. He’s fun, carrying, and kind.
It was getting dark and so there for I said, “Well are you guys ready for home?”
“No were not done yet,” Jake said.

He took my arm and pulled me by him and Jessie. His hand lingered over mine then moved away. I felt my body begin to worm up and then a sudden boom went off. Lights filled the air, one after another fireworks went off. Filling the midnight sky with lights and different sounds. It was so beautiful I had no words to describe it. The air was cool around us and the sky filled the sky with hope and joy. After the fireworks we were getting ready to go then I looked over at Jessie who had fallen asleep with his mickey mouse stuffed animal.
“He had a busy day today would you say?” Jake said.
I looked at him as Jake picked him up and said, “He sure has.”
“Why were you at my aunt’s house for?”
“I work for her and your uncle because their backs are bad so I help around the house and the restaurant.”
We road in the truck in silence the rest of the ride. We pulled in my driveway after a while and Jake went around and picked up Jessie. We walked up to the porch and went in the house. Jake put Jessie in his bed and covered him up.
I was getting ready to go to my bedroom when Jake said, “Hay want to come to the restaurant?”
I smiled and blushed and said, “Yah that would be nice.”
“Cool, see you tomorrow?”
“See you tomorrow,” I confirmed.
He smiled and walked out of the house. I walked up the stairs and fall in my bed. Just then I realize I can see the driveway from my window. I run up and look out the window. He was just getting in his car. The engine didn’t start but then it started and he pulled out of the driveway. I watched him until he was out of sight. I sighed and fell on my bed romance is difficult and fragile subject.

I woke up to snoring at what time. I looked over at the clock 1:21am it must be a burglar sleeping in the house. No one snore’s in this house so someone has to be here. I get up and grab the broom I used to sweep my bathroom with the other night and creep down the stares with it. The snoring got louder as I move toward the living room. There before me lay a black figure. It’s discussing just seeing him lay there like no one is going to hear him snore. I creep a little closer and I raise the broom high above me. I come slamming down on his head several times I thank I got his eye once or twice. I can hear him grunting I hit his whole body several times. I went for the crotch but he must have predicted it and grabbed it before I could hit him there.

“What the hell Neia,” a filmier voice whispered. I ran to turn on the lights; yep it’s him, its Jake.

“What are you doing hear? I thought you were a burglar,” I whispered to him.

“Well obviously, you hit me twice in the head and once in my eye, my whole body several times and even aimed for my crotch. Man my whole body hurts now,” he said.

“I’m sorry I’ll go get some ice for you.”

I got up from the couch and went into the kitchen. I walked over and got a little baggie from the pantry and walked over to the refractor. I opened the freezer part and filled the baggie up with ice. I walked over towards the drawer where we put the cloths in and wrapped it around the bag of ice. I walked back into the living room and sat by Jake and handed him the bag of ice.

“Thanks, and thanks for the burses too,” he said smiling diligently.

“Again I’m sorry. Anyway what are you doing hear anyway?”

“I forgot my jacket hear and was too lazy to drive back to my apartment complex.”

“Apartment complex?” I asked shocked.

He chuckled to himself and then said, “Yah I’m eighteen years old why wouldn’t I have my own place?”

I blushed and looked down and said, “I thought you were 17 years old.”

He sat there and looked at me then he smiled and said, “Why so shocked? Were you hoping I was the legal age to date you? Because don’t get me wrong I find you ……” I was very eager of what he was going to say but I didn’t show it.

“Weird and strange for a girl.”

“And I find you like an argent jerk and no I was not hoping to date you at all and after all we did just meet.”

“You are a smart girl indeed you are. Let the force be with you young girl, “he said hitting dead on master Yoda voice.

I laugh and said, “How do you do that?”

“Do what mimic Yoda’s voice I just had a gift for it you know?” he said raising his shoulders.


I smile at him and he smiles back. Then when he smiles at me my heart begins to skip a beat you know. That moment when the boy you like just smiles and it makes your heart beat like crazy. Well that’s happening to me right now but then Josh come in my mind. He is cute too I wonder if I will see him again. I want to know him more even though he is just a little weird. I want a new life and I want to make friends hear. It’s nice hear and I like it. I have always lived in the city it is a good change.

Then I hear little feet pattering across the wooden floor. There stood Jamie rubbing his eyes. “Nene, I’m thirsty can you get me a glass of water?” he asked.

I got up and said, “Yah sure come on sweetheart I will get you some.”

I walked into the kitchen and got a glass from the cabinet and filled it up with water. He gulped it all down and hugged me and went to bed.

I turned to see Jake leaning in the doorway and he was smiling at me.

I looked at him boarded and said, “What are you smiling about?”

He got up and walked over at me then he said, “You are such a good person anyone could take advantage of you. You know you should be careful of who you want to be friends with. With that said I’m going back to sleep. Goodnight.” He leaned in and kissed my forehead and went back to the couch.


I lifted my hand up to my forehead where it is tingling. I went to bed but couldn’t sleep a wink at all. What did it mean? Did he like me? No he wouldn’t like me he’s eighteen years old why would he like a sixteen year old? Why am I thanking this? Arg I hate you Jake you made me like you.



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 3 comments.


on Jun. 5 2013 at 7:55 am
bluedaisy101234 BRONZE, Radnor, Ohio
1 article 15 photos 21 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Dream big anyone can do it only if they put thier mind and heart in it anything is possible."
"Don't be content with somebody else's deffanetion of you, but be content with your own definition of yourself."

As of today untill I get more comments i wont post more. sorry i need feed back on my story i dont know if anyone likes it. Its kind of hard to know.

on Mar. 18 2013 at 8:37 am
bluedaisy101234 BRONZE, Radnor, Ohio
1 article 15 photos 21 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Dream big anyone can do it only if they put thier mind and heart in it anything is possible."
"Don't be content with somebody else's deffanetion of you, but be content with your own definition of yourself."

thank you so much i dont have microsoft word. thank you for the feed back.

on Mar. 16 2013 at 9:35 pm
JustAnotherDay. BRONZE, Andover, Ohio
2 articles 1 photo 130 comments

Favorite Quote:
Stephen Fry - There are many people out there that will tell you that "you can't". What you've got to do is turn around and say, "watch me."

It was good, but the spelling is not that good, try to type on microsoft word or have someone spell check it.