Walk of a Human-Vampire

Author's note: This is just an idea I had
Author's note: This is just an idea I had  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7

Questions Remaining

“You really ask too many questions.” His voice was not harsh, but did not have the playful note I had heard so much of before.
He took me up the next flight of stairs. Here the stairs opened up into a large living area with a few couches and TVs. There were many exotic animal mounts and décor. I strained to see everything, but Gregory continued to take me down a separate hallway off to the side of that room. We passed several doors and halls which led to other parts of the house, but
This is unfinished, but I don't know whether or not this story is worth continuing or if I should start on something new...
I had never been this far yet and could only guess what lay hidden in those rooms. Perhaps he was going to punish me, maybe kill me? No, He was not going to do that. I had felt the connection we shared, and I knew that he was not that ruthless.
My wet hair began drenching my black t-shirt, causing goose bumps to show up on my arms. He took me into a dark room. There was a large bed, bigger than a king size, with bookshelves and easels set up. This must be one of Gregory’s rooms. He had several that he used for many different things. This was like a studio. He had paintings and drawings up all over the walls on setting, ready to be created. It was too dark to see what everything was at the time however. He walked over to the far side of the room, where the unmade bed lay, setting me down gently. I shivered in the cold room as he went over to the thermostat on the wall. He had turned the heater on and I was immediately blasted with a surge of hot air.
As if he knew, “Don’t say anything.” He gentle pushed me down on the bed. Making me lay flat. “Let me have a look at the damage.” He leaned over me and flipped on the lamp that sat on the nearby desk.
I winced as he pushed on my cheek, but it was not the worse I had felt. He then moved down to my neck. A look of anger flashed across his face as I stole a glance at him. His blonde hair fell in his eyes. “…I’m” My words were cut off abruptly by one look from Gregory. “He pushed on my neck then rubbed it in small circles. “Ouch…” I tried to pull away but he held my head with one hand, forcing me to sit still while he continued to rub my neck. “That hurts.” The pain was enough to make me speak again, but he did not seem to hear me. “Please…”
He moved so fast that he was a blur for a second, and he ended up over top of me. He leaned down and gently kissed my forehead. As he did this, my pain subsided for a brief moment, but returned as quickly as his lips left. He pulled at the large t-shirt, exposing more of my neck. Another look of anger filled his face and he traced my veins.
“Where else do you hurt?” He stood back from me, looking me over from the front. He shook his head as he studied my bruised face. I turned my head so he would not have to see, hiding it. When I did not speak her gentle cupped my chin. “Please tell me if he hurt you. I just want to help you.” His words were gentle, soothing.
“My back…” I sat up and moved to the edge of the bed. While keeping my front covered I lifted the back of my shirt up to show him the lower part of my back. The tender swollen marks were still there, causing cramps and spasms in my shoulders. He came closer, examining the damage. He lifted my shirt higher until the back rested on the back of my neck. The coldness was numbing despite the heater running. “Is it bad?”
“I’m not sure.” He traced over the bumps, causing chills to run up and down my spine. His warm hands barely touched me. “I don’t know what caused this… It doesn’t look like scratches, nor are they bite marks or burns.” Bite marks? Had I been bitten somewhere, maybe my neck had been bitten while I was knocked out? It would explain some.
“I really am fine.” I shoved my shirt back down and pulled away from his touch. I tried to stand up, but he lifted me off my feet and settled me into one of the large loveseats in the room. The material was soft and warm. I was not sure what to do. I may be a companion for him, but this was of odd circumstances.
“My father and his brother don’t remember anything from last night. You got very lucky last night, Katlyn.” His voice was scalding, as if I was a child. He called me by my real name. “I’ll make sure not to leave you alone here anymore. I cannot take any chances of you getting hurt. You are lucky they didn’t kill you.” He shoved a desk which flew into the wall, sending everything flying and breaking against the walls and floor. “He bit you.” I did not know what to do or say. My worst fear had come true. I had been bitten. I was unconscious for it at least, but it did not change the fact that he had a taste of my blood. “He will always know the smell of your blood now… He’ll crave it because he couldn’t drain you dry. Do you understand that?!” He yelled as he slammed his fist down on the table, splintering the solid oak. “He is my father, which is the only reason you are still alive… You shouldn’t still be alive from all he took, but here you are. Obviously the vampire in you has been a benefit.”
“If it had been anyone else, I swear, I would have killed them on the spot.” His eyes flashed with anger, bust softened when he changed his focus on my face. “I was worried that I was going to lose you.”
I stayed curled up in the seat, but looked deeply into his eyes. He came over to me and touched my uninjured cheek. “I didn’t know what to do, and it happened so quickly…” I closed my eyes and relaxed against his hand for a second.
The next thing I knew I was laying on the bed. My head rested against a plush pillow as I rolled on my side. Gregory’s thick arms enfolded me. He was pulling me close as I relaxed to sleep. “I said I was sorry.”
“I know. It wasn’t your fault anyways… Just relax and get some sleep. We both need it.” His anger had subsided for now as he closed his eyes. “I’ll keep you safe at night now. This way he can’t hurt you again.” He brushed his fingers along my bite. It had begun to burn with an intense feeling that had begun to spread down my neck and into my chest. Gregory said that it would be fine, that the burning was normal. Vampires have venom that spreads into their victim. Normally this relaxes the prey, making them sleep, but if it is another vampire, their own venom reacts with it. I guess that I had my own venom that kept me from fading completely.
There was so much that I didn’t know about vampires; there so much that I didn’t know about myself. Gregory was going to have me either sleep in his room at night or him in my room since his father does most of his feeding at night. During the day Gregory is going to have guards to insure my safety. Gregory’s reaction to the whole situation was not what I had expected. I did not believe he would take my side, to protect me from his own father, but here he was, ensuring my safety.
His father was supposed to be leaving for a business trip at the end of the week. Hopefully he being away will allow for me to heal and for his thirst to die down. I was fearful of what would happen next time we were to meet. I could put it off for a while, but it was bound to happen. He did not remember the night before last. He had been too drunk, along with his friend. That friend would likely come after me, so I was told by Gregory. Since they both had tasted my blood, but I had not been killed. The marks on my back were still a mystery, but they did not hurt now. James had cleaned up my room and had gotten rid of my old clothes that I had left in the bathroom.
I still felt fear about living in this house. Though I knew that nothing would be done to me right away, I just knew that my punishment would be coming. I should not have lashed out at the old vampire. Now I was going to be haunted by my fear for a while. “Go to sleep…” He moved from the bed onto the couch. “We have too much to do tomorrow to be tired.”
“Like what? I have not left the house since I was brought here… I have nothing to do but lounge around. What are you going to be doing?” I sighed and moved so that I was lying on my stomach, holding my head up on my hands.
You are coming with me to a few meetings with some Elders. I plan on introducing you to a close friend of mine; one of my only friends. He runs the Elder’s library in Indianapolis. It’s a couple hour drive from here, but it’s a straight shot. My grandfather wants to meet you, and the Elders have to see you. Kat, I’m a prince. They want to make sure that I have chosen a proper mate… I know that sounds terrible, but I don’t know how else to explain it.”
“What happens when they do not approve of me?”
“They will not. They know what you are, and they may be able to shed a little light on what exactly you are. There is nothing that gets passed them.” He sighed and stretched out on the couch, pulling a throw blanket over him. “You really do ask too many questions sometimes. Go on to sleep.”
I rolled over on my back at looked up at his textured ceiling. There was no way I was going to be able to sleep. His rectangular window pushed out towards the outside, so I crept from the bed and perched myself in the window. It was cold, but it made me feel more alive. I glanced over my shoulder at Gregory. His eyes were closed, but he was not asleep. I touched the glass, watching it fog up from my breath. On nights like these I use to sneak outside and look up at the stars, studying the moon, and waiting to see the world come alive around me.
When I was sure Gregory had fallen asleep I gently unlatched the window. It swung open and was large enough for me to duck through easily. The roof was slightly slick, but I easily dropped down to the level a few feet below me. I squatted and studied my surroundings. There many levels on this roof, some with plenty of windows while others had none. I saw no security cameras so I laid down, soaking in the moonlight. It was a soothing thing, relaxing and fresh.
I had just shut my eyes when I heard a soft thud by my ear. “You are one of the oddest humans I have ever met.” I smiled at his voice.
“You just have not met many of us as you have me. If you should know, when I cannot sleep it helps me to relax to be in direct moonlight; it helps more than I could have ever explained to my family. I use to scare them when I’d climb from my room out on the roof. It never mattered what time of year it was, or if it was raining either.” I smiled to myself, remembering some happy times I had at one of the faster homes I had stayed in.
I felt his lips on mine then. He was gentle and quick. I opened my eyes to see him leaning over me. “Kiss me again.” I whispered. His upside-down kiss brought heat to my entire body. My cheeks felt flushed as I touched his cheek. He held my face in his hands and he pulled away. I lay there, staring up at him. “Thank you.”
“For what?” He looked up at the moon and let go of me.
“Please don’t leave.” I quickly sat up and grabbed at him. That’s when I knew I was falling. My entire body began sliding down the shingles. Scratched at the shingles, but he easily grabbed onto my hand and pulled me into his arms. I was breathing hard and my heart raced with the sudden fear, but it quickly receded.
“Be more careful, Kat...” There was a long pause before he spoke again. “Looking into your eyes is like watching the sun rise. You have a fire, a light inside you that captivates me soul. “Do you want to be here?”
“What?” I pulled away slightly to look into his eyes. He gripped me harder and took a running leap from the roof. I screamed as I felt us fall. My stomach made its way up into my chest. At least that’s what it felt like. He landed easily with me in his arms. Before I could suck in a shuddered breath he took off running. It was impossibly fast and the surrounding woods passed by in a blur. I tried to yell, but I could hardly breathe as he took me through the trees. When he stopped I was alone, sitting in the dirt. Eyes watering, I quickly wiped it away and looked around me. Here the darkness was surrounding me, pushing in on me from all sides. I heard something coming from behind me, but before I could stand all the way I was swept off my feet.
I tried pulling away from Gregory, but he would not let me go as he took me further into the forest. Then I was let go. I stumbled to the ground, gasping for air, but I used the momentum to lift me to my feet. What is he doing?
I was getting angry now. My eyes were trying to adjust to the pitch blackness, but I could not seem to focus on anything yet. I heard movement to my right and prepared myself. Closing my eyes I centered in on the sound and sidestepped from Gregory as he ran through. He barely brushed me that time, scratching my shirt, tarring it. “Hey!” I yelled after him, but he was coming back. He stole my first kiss and now he was fighting me. What the Hell? This time I dropped to my knees as he reached for me, and I took off running. He easily grabbed me from behind and began running with me, moving me into his arms. I hit the ground hard this time, skinning me knee on the rocky ground. We were near a large creek or river. He immediately stopped and stared down at my knee. Oh god… “What the hell is wrong with you?!” I screamed at him. My back was hurting and I felt a wetness forming. “Do what you want with me and you will mean nothing?”
He gripped my throat, licking his lips. When I looked into his eyes I saw red, like his fathers. Fear scarred my mind and my fear had me fighting against his tightening grip. His voice had changed. This is his father, and I was going to die. Gasping for air the morphing vampire lifted me off my feet. He threw me and I landed awkwardly on my arm, pulling something in my shoulder from the pain. When his fingers traced over the bruise on my face I bit his hand as hard as I could until I could taste blood in my mouth. He hit me hard then, but I felt my back tearing like it had before. What was happening to me?
Kat woke up screaming. She had wings from her back, long multicolored wings that were twice her body length. Her eyes were red, as if she had just fed, and blood trickled from her lip. Her eyes were unseeing as she ripped at her back, and struggled against her dream. “Kat!” She immediately looked him in the eyes and came to herself. He stood in front of her, holding her steady as she shook. Her wings were black and white; they moved with her shoulders as she flexed. They retracted toward her back as he pulled the rest of her tattered shirt away from her back.
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7