The Anti-Chris | Teen Ink

The Anti-Chris

By freedomwriter98 BRONZE, Indianapolis, Indiana
freedomwriter98 BRONZE, Indianapolis, Indiana

You can either swim to the shore of possibilities; or drown in a sea of what-if's ~ Myself<3

Author's note: I thought this piece would be good to share, Im not sure if you guys will like it, but I hope so:) ENJOY!!

I watched in amusement as Chris' newest flavor of the week came running out of the janitors closet crying and muttering curse words.

Chris came out not a moment after with a victorious smirk on his face. He took out his 'PLAYBOOK' and drew a line in it, no doubt crossing out the bimbos name.

I stood with my back against my locker, and my knee bent as my left foot was on the wall too. Chris looked at his 'PLAYBOOK' and looked startled before breaking out into a smirk.

He caught sight of me and winked. He made a gun symbol with his hand, kissed his fingers where the barrel would be and fired it at me.

That could only mean one thing. I was next. Oh boy.

I scoffed and let the disgust show clearly on my face, causing his confident smirk to waver.

His smirk returned as he strode confidently towards me.

He leaned on the locker next to me and gave me his 'hearstopping' grin. You know, the one where one side raises up showing just a peak of his pearly white teeth? Yeah, that one. I rolled my eyes and stared at my nails and resumed waiting for my best friend Christie.

"Hey Jenna." he said oh-so smoothly.

"It's Gemma, prick. G-E-M-M-A. You know that." I practically growled.

"Does it matter? I could always call you by the name you deserve, beautiful." He said seductively.

My stomach churned, and not in a good way.

"Out of 100,000 sperm you were the fastest?" I asked rhetorically.

"Already talking about having babies? We can go make some now." He said wiggling his eyebrows suggestively.

I pushed myself off the wall and stood in front of him. I took the time to really look him over.

He towered over my 5'10 frame, at 6'3, unlike my sandy blonde hair, he had short light brown spiky hair. His brown eyes were dark compared to my light blue eyes. Where as I had a diamond shaped face with plump pink lips, and extremely high cheekbones, he had a trace of a mustache, a chiseled jaw line, and perfectly etched features.

All-in-all, he was godly looking, but exactly what I didn't want or need.

"Listen, we both know how this works with those other bimbos. They run, you chase. I've seen your game and I know all your moves. The longest one to resist had been four days. Don't get your hopes up cuz honey..." I said before leaning in until my mouth was centimeters away from his ear.

"...it'll never happen." I finished before walking off, leaving Chris dazed with a bruised ego.

I felt kind of bad for leaving Christie without a ride, but if she were in my position, she'd do the same. Chris has slept with every girl in McRoy High, besides me. Christie happened to be stronger than all of the girls, but not strong enough.

She lasted the longest, which was about four days. I made my way to my sleek black 2013 Suzuki GSX R750. I put on the helmet and mounted the bike, kicking up the stand. As I pulled out of McRoy I saw an annoyed looking Chris, and enraged Christie.

I drove silently to my up kept, two story home. You're probably expecting me to say something along the lines of 'I'm a badass because my mom died when I was a little girl and my dad grew up giving me everything I wanted and needed, but love' well, that's not at all how it is.

I grew up loved. My mom and dad are still happily married and aren't asses. They are strict, but not too strict. All-in-all, I have thee perfect parents.

I parked my bike in the garage and closed the doors, setting the alarm. I walked into the house and was hit by a bundle of blonde locks and chubby cheeks. I picked up Aspen and set her on my hip while covering her soft baby face in kisses.

"Gemmy! Gemmy! Look what I drawed!" She exclaimed in her cute three year old voice. She actually talked rather well. A least I think she does. I know for a fact that she understands more than she lets on.

"Drew, baby. Drew. D-R-E-W." I corrected. She loves to learn new things, so she doesn't take correcting offensively.

She rolled her eyes and repeated.

"Gemmy, look what I drew!" she said, stretching the, drew.

I looked down and saw a picture of my dad, mom, Aspen, Derek, and I. Derek is my older brother who went to Washington for college. He's twenty-three, only five years older than me.

"Oh my! Did you really draw these? I gotta say, I look rather good with green hair. Only I could pull that off, huh?" I asked.

She blushed at her comments and giggled.

"Actually, I ran out of yellow." she said cheekily. I chuckled and kissed her cheeks once more before going into the living room. I set Aspen down and waltzed into the dining room.

My dad sat at the elongated mahogany table watching my mom admirably as she danced around the kitchen mixing, chopping, and shredding.

I sighed, wishing I had that. Apperantly dad heard my sigh, because his attention was now on me.

I smiled genuinely and walked over to dad, and plopping onto his lap. I kissed his very slightly wrinkled cheeks and hugged him, which he eagerly returned.

"Hi daddy!" I chirped merrily.

"Hi princess!" he said mocking my enthusiastic tone.

Yeah, I'm a daddy's girl, and proud.

I jumped off his lap and went into the kitchen and hugged mom from behind causing her to jump. She turned and hugged me before pulling apart and eying my outfit.

I was wearing a black sleeveless dress that stopped mid-thigh, with red fish-net tights, a pair of red four inch heeled ankle boots, and Derek's black leather jacket.

"Gem, when are you gonna let me give you a makeover?" she asked with a pout.

I rolled my eyes and sighed. My mom is the type of mom that wants to set you up with 'nice young men' and give you a complete makeover, or go on spa days.

"Mom, I'll let you give me a makeover when you stop setting me up on blind dates every weekend." I replied.

A guilty look crossed her face and she looked down at her hands nervously.

"When's he gonna be here?" I asked knowingly with a sigh.

"Tonight at seven." She admitted guiltily.

I nodded and trudged upstairs to get ready for my 'date'. I rumbled through my closet and picked out a short denim skirt, a black off the shoulder shirt with pink writing that said 'Bite Me' across the chest, and black and pink Adidas.

I showered quickly and washed my hair with my mango scented shampoo. After drying off, I curled my hair and slipped on my clothes.

I applied eyeliner and mascara to make my blue eyes pop. I dabbed the lipgloss onto my pouty lips and admired my work.

It was only five thirty so I went to see what my little angel was doing. I stopped near her door when I heard her childish voice raise.

"No! Yasmin said she didn't want to talk to you anymore because she saw you on top of Barbie! She needs time, not pressure. NO! Twenty minutes is not enough time Ken! Just- no I'm not! D-... Give her time!" she yelled into a plastic phone.

I stood there with my eyes widened and mouth open. She just talked. Like a grown up! That sly devil.

"Gemmy!" She said sheepishly. I eyed her suspiciously and shook my head.

"Nope. I caught you." I said as I pointed an accusing finger at her.

"Wha you talkin' bout sistaw?" she said innocently.

I didn't reply, just looked at her with my arms crossed and eyebrows raised. She shrugged and went back to playing.

I chuckled and walked back down the hall and stopped at a clock to see it was already 6 o'clock.

I slumped on a couch when my cell rang. Derek's name flashed across my phone and I squealed giddily. If there's one thing I love more than I love than anything. And I do mean ANYTHING, it's Derek.

I answered.

"Grab-a-slut services, where we make you feel good long. Tonights specialist is Gemma, otherwise known as Cherry." I said trying to stifle a laugh.

If there's one thing about Derek and I, it's that our conversations never start off normal.

"Uh...nah, I'm in the mood for red-head tonight." he said with a tsk. There was a long silence before we both started laughing.

"Hey Der!" I squealed.

"Hey Gem!" He replied.

"Hows life bro?" I asked.

"Getting better." he said.

"How so?" I asked curiously.

"Because of me." came an unfamiliar, yet lovely voice. I was momentarily stunned.

Derek was the second biggest man-whore I know, besides Chris of course. His slogan was 'hump and dump'. He was a legend at McRoy for that, and being the quarterback.

"Gem? Gem?" his voice rang.

"Mr. Hump N' Dump is finally settling down huh? Who's the unlucky girl?" I asked jokingly.

I heard the sound of a slap and Derek's groan. No doubt he got hit for this newfound player information.

"This very lucky girls name is Carmen Willard, well soon to be Greene." he said.

Again, I sat there in shock, not believing my ears.

"Um- Gemma? Gemma? God, she hates me already, I can't do this." Carmen said in a panicked voice.

"No, just give it a minute, she's thinking." I heard Derek reply.

That's when it all hit me, and I squealed like a little girl on Christmas day.

I heard Derek and Carmen laugh.

"Oh my gosh! What does she look like? Is she nice? Where have you been hiding her all this time? When are we gonna meet her? When's the wedding? WHY HAVEN'T YOU TOLD MOM AND DAD!" I fired at him.

"Let's see, she's about six foot ten, with ugly green skin an- ow!"

I started laughing and losing track of time.

"Okay, okay. Well, she's really abusive." he stated.

"Just how you need it." I chipped in.

"She's short, about 5'4 with long brown hair and green eyes. Yes, she is extremely nice aside from the abuse, I've been hiding her down here in D.C. for the past year and a half now. You're gonna meet her in three days because we're comin' down! We haven't set a wedding date yet, but the Summer seems nice, and I didn't want to tell mom and dad until I told my favorite person in the world, being you." he said with one big breath.

"Oh my god! You're coming down? This just gets better!" I said. As I said it the door bell rang.

I absentmindedly opened it and the smile from my face fell.

"Gem? Gem? Cherry?" I heard Derek's voice call.

"And this just got worst." I muttered into the phone. At the door was McRoy's own pain-in-the-ass, Chris Avery.

Well, this'll be a fun night. Or not.

"D-Der, I'm gonna call you back. I have a little....problem." I said into the phone as I hung up cutting off whatever he planned on saying next. I scowled at Chris and crossed my arms over my chest. "What're you doing here Avery?" I asked venomously. "I do believe I'm here to take you on a date." he said with a smirk. My look of hate was replaced with one of shear terror. "I-I can't go, I'm sick and my dads, cousins, neighbors, co-workers, nieces, step-sisters, boyfriends, roommates, goldfish just drowned and the funeral's next.... flimsday, so..yeah" I blurted as I slammed the door in his face. I face-palmed myself and slid to the ground. God mom! Could've been anyone in McRoy county and it had to be Chris Avery, man-whore. I heard four quick raps to the door. " Flimsday? Really? Gemma, I know you're in there, I'm not leaving." He said. "Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep, Gemma is not available at the moment, please leave your name and a detailed message and get the f away from her house." I replied. I heard him chuckle and knock again. "Gemma, come on, it's just one date." he said. "One date with you is like a thousand tormenting years burning in the never dying flames of hell!" I spat dramatically. "Um- ooookay? Look, you don't even know me, I'm a really sweet guy-" "-once you give me the chance to show you what you mean to me. I think you've forgotten that I do know you." I cut him off, finishing the speech I heard him use on dozens of girls before. He scoffed. "I guess I overused that one huh?" he asked. "Yea, just a little bit." I said sarcastically through the thick oak door. I now had my back against the door with my knees pulled up against my chest. "Why don't you just give me a chance?" he asked. "Why don't you go bother someone else?" I asked bitterly. "Would it help if I said I liked you before I started all of this?" he asked. I froze. I'd never heard him use that with other girls. I wouldn't fall for it though. "No, it really wouldn't." I answered. "Come on, just one date." he begged. Something's not right. Chris never begs. Maybe he's just trying a new method and is desperate because I'm his last. "I'll make you a deal. If you can guess my full name, favorite color, and favorite movie, I'll go o-" "Gemstone Patrice Greene, orange, Remember the Titans." he said cutting me off. My mouth dropped open and I couldn't believe my ears. I stood up and swung the door open coming face to face with the little devil. "H-how did y-you know that?" I stuttered. He smiled genuinely and stared me in the eye. "I could never forget." he whispered. My heart dropped in my chest because I knew exactly what he was talking about. I met Chris in second grade, because he happened to be my best friends cousin. When Daria, my best friend, introduced me to Chris, we connected instantly. Daria, Chris and I were the three amigos and everything was smooth up until High School. I started developing feeling for Chris, and Daria was the only one who knew. Daria died of cancer during freshman year, causing a wedge between Chris and I. She was the glue that held us together and when she passed, we became distant. Chris completely changed, tuning into a player, while I became know as the bad girl with no emotion. I cleared my throat and looked down at my shoes. My heart clenched at the thought of Daria. "I'll be true to my word, come on. I still don't like you." I stated. I walked down the long driveway to his black SUV. "What's a little boy like you doing with a big toy like this?" I asked teasingly. "Like Ria said, Only difference between boys and men-" "-Is how much their toys cost." I finished. Tears pooled in my eyes as Daria's face flashed in my mind. I didn't notice I was crying until the salty tears reached my lips. I wiped them away before Chris saw them and put on the emotionless mask I had grown accustomed to since Ria's death. I erased all traces of tears and climbed into his monster of a car. I put on my seatbelt and sat silently. He climbed in and repeated my actions. He started up the car and pulled out of the driveway. "Where are we going?" I asked in a stoic, making sure not to let any emotion seep into my tone. "We're going to Eddies." he replied before driving off. Eddies...

I tied the laces on my skates tightly and waddled towards the ice. When my foot hit the surface, I glided gracefully over the ice.

I smiled as I thought about how Daria, Chris, and I would meet up here every Saturday night and just skate for as long as our feet would allow.

I skated circles around the rink when I felt his presence next to me.

"I miss her." I mumbled, half-hoping he didn't hear. I studied his face and saw his brown eyes cloud with emotion.

"Me too." he whispered, barely audible.

I cleared my throat and skated off. After an hour or so, Chris suggested we go get a bite to eat.

We drove in silence, and Chris hadn't told me where we were going to eat. When we pulled into an old familiar diner, my heart dropped.

+++++++Flash Back++++++++

"Me and you, we're gonna buy this place someday. We're gonna sell the best burgers and shakes the world has ever tasted." Daria said as she stirred her melted strawberry shake.

"How do you know we'll be friends then?" I asked curiously.

"What do you mean? Of course we're not gonna be friends. Friendship last a while, but family lasts forever. You're not just my friend, Gem. You're my sister." She said.

++++++Flash Back Over++++++

That was where Daria and I made our friendship pact. We wrote out a contract and frame it, saying we'd never forget. That we'd always be there.

"Gemma, are you coming?" Chris asked. It was then I realized he was waiting outside the car. I sniffled, wiped my tears and nodded.

When we walked in, I was hit with the familiar scent of cooking grease, and disinfectant. Chris walked over to the booth in the far right corner.

I withheld the memory and marched over. I slid into the booth and tapped my fingers on the table.

"Hi I'm Wanda I'll be ta- Gemmy Greene! Is that you!" screeched a friendly voice.

I smiled up at Wanda and nodded.

"Wait! Don't tell me! Jumbo burger.... with a side of curly fries and a vanilla smoothie." she said.

"Yep. You know me too well." I answered.

"That's what happens when the most annoying yet funny kids come in here every weekend. This booth practically belongs to you. You guys have carved your names in it and no ones bothered it." she said with a hearty laugh.

Sure enough, in the corner was Daria, Chris', and my initials carved into the smooth wood.

She noticed Chris sitting across from me and gasped.

"Well if it isn't Mr. Heartbreaker." she said.

Chris chuckled and looked down at his hands.

"Hey Wanda. I'll have a jumbo fry, a double cheeseburger, and a large strawberry shake." Chris announced.

I clenched my jaw. He was honestly pissing me off.

"What is your problem?" I blurted.

He looked at me with a raised eyebrow.

"Don't act like you don't know what's going on! What you're doing! You bring her up, you take us to Eddies, you bring is here! In this booth! And what's up with ordering her meal? Are you using Ria to get to me? That's a new low. Even for you!" I spat as I stood up from the booth.

As I started to walk away, he grabbed my arm.

"Gemma, wait." he said. I whipped around to face him.

"No! Using your dead cousin, my best friend,to get into my pants is pathetic! I can't believe you!" I yelled as tears streamed down my face.

I ripped my arm from his grasp and marched towards the door. As I was about to open the door, I turned my head to look back at Chris.

"Oh, and Chris, as of now, your life will become a living hell." I spat venomously.

Let the games begin....

K.Kills.Slowly. BRONZE, Dulce, New Mexico

Whether its a heartattack or heart break.. just like on Broadway, the show must go on.

i like this story soooo much. PLEASE write MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JustAnotherDay. BRONZE, Andover, Ohio

Stephen Fry - There are many people out there that will tell you that "you can't". What you've got to do is turn around and say, "watch me."

I likeeee. Keep it going.(:

TheHiddenOne said...
TheHiddenOne, Ticonderoga, New York

Heal the past; Live in the present; And dream the future!!

Omg!! I love it so far write more plz!