I Punched The Bad Boy.. Am I Cool Yet?

Author's note: I just thought that it would be fun to try and write a teen romance story... I am more into...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: I just thought that it would be fun to try and write a teen romance story... I am more into supernatural stories, so this is something new for me.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7

Where do Loyalties Lie?

I sat at home, flipping through the pages of one of my sister's favorite books. God, I missed her. But I missed her more today than I have in a really long time. Something that Steven had said, made me anxious, and I didn't like it. Not at all. He was most definately hiding something from me, and I was going to find out what it was.

I put down 'The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe' and pulled my laptop into my lap. I pulled up my IM program, and clicked on Michael's name. Quickly, I typed.

AliGreen: Hey,I know this is random, but I need to ask you something. It may have something to do with my sister...

I wasn't quite sure that he would reply, but I was extremely hopeful. He was my only chanceat figuring out why Steven was being so secretive, especially after he mentioned my sister's name. I didn't have to wait more than about two minutes before I got a response.

MHarris: Okay, go ahead and shoot.

AliGreen: Well, I was talking to Steven today, and he said something about about my sister, and being in love with me in Middle School. He was being really weird... Do you know why?

Suddenly, I was ectremely nervous. What if it was something I didn't wantto hear? What if it was something that would change how I looked at Steven?

MHarris: Ali... I thought he told you... He was seeing your sister for six months before she died... But he was only using her to get to you..

AliGreen:What? Why would he do that? How could he play her like that? So are you saying that he may be thereason she killed herself? If she found out why he was seeing her, that could have caused her to go overboard... She has always been the jealous type..

Everything was starting to make sense... She was torn between where her loyalties lied. Did she listen to the man who told her he wanted someone else, or did she fight for what her own heart wanted? Wow.. I didn't feel too good.

MHarris: I think that there may be something else involved. I have been snooping around his room, and there is a list of girls that he talks to, and all of them have a direct connectionto you... That's why it bothers me that you two are dating...

I hesitated, before deciding to tell the truth.

AliGreen: We aren't really dating. I said that to bother you, because you pissed me off. I mean, maybe if you had actually ASKED me if I wanted to go out on a date with you, instead of demanding it from me, it would be a different story...

MHarris: Oh... I am really sorry about that though. I am used to getting girls by playing the manly . bad boy card, but I guess that doesn't work with the bad girl, huh?

I giggled, to myself and replied.

AliGreen: It's okay, big boy. I accept your apology. ;) But as for the whole Steven thing. I don't think it's a good idea to keep seeing him. So, I will be driving tomorrow.

MHarris:I could come pick you up... I mean, if you want. Just as friends...

AliGreen: If you don't mind... It's supposed to rain, and I swore to myself I would never ride my bike in bad weather.

MHarris: Well, that's good at least. Well,I should probably go to bed. I will see you in the morning. Good night, Ali.

AliGreen: Goodnight, Michael.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was shaking with nerves, was I really going to let Michael drive me to school? What would people think? Would they think that I had finally givin into him and his charms? I dodn't, so does it really matter what people think? I guess not... But I couldn't seem to come to terms with the fact that I didn't hate him. I just.. felt sorry for the boy.

I heard two quick honks outside, signalling that my ride was here and I threw my backpack on and walked out the front door. What I was about to do, was probably against everything that I believed in and yet.. I was slightly excited. Ugh... May lightning strike me now.

I ran to the red Camaro, trying to keep as much of my hair from getting wet as possible and Michael chuckled as I jumped into the front seat."Is the wicked witch of the West afraid of a little water?" He asked, and I sent him a nasty glare, even as a smirk played at the corners of my mouth. "What? It's what the guys have been calling you." He said, raising his hands in surrender.

I giggled at that. "Really? Maybe they really are as stupis as I thought. That is the worst nickname I have heard in a while."

He smiled. "That's exacty what I said. They really are retards, though. Don't tell them I said that." I laughed and promised I wouldn't. He pulled away from the driveway and headed toward the school, which was only about ten minutes away.

"Steven is pissed that you didn't want to ride with him, you know." Michael said, giving me a woried glance.

I shrugged. "He isn't my boyfriend, so why should I care?" I wasn't just being sarcastic for once, I was actually wondering.

He looked at me before looking back at the road. "He is known for bashing around girls that he sees. I thought that maybe you knew that? Oh well, but nevermind, about that. He was smacking your sister around when they were talkingand she kept coming back for more. Or at least that is what he said. I don't know if I believe it. Natalia was always such a good, independent girl. She never put up with anyone's s***, so it surprises me that she would put up with his..."

My heart clenched at my sister's name and I sighed, wiping my sweaty palms on my pants. "He HIT my sister?" I asked, anger building up inside of me like it never had before.

"That's what he told me. He said that manhandling women was the only way to control them. I don't think that's true and he really pissed me the f*** off." Michael said, fists clenching the steering wheel. "Why do you think I can't stand him? I didn't even feel bad when my older brother beat the crap out of him."

"Trust me.. He isn't going to know what hit him. I am going after him as soon as I get the chance." I sneered, crossing my arms across my chest.

Michael shot me like the millionth look. "Please don't. Or at least just wait until we can find a way to prove it was him and get him arrested. I don't want..." He trailed off and my curiosity got the best of me.

"You don't want what?"

He bit his bottom lip and stared at the road ahead. "I don't want you getting hurt. I would undoubtedly blame myself, and you would hate me more than you already do." I didn't say anything, knowing that he had a valid point. "I really wish you didn't hate me, Ali. I wish that I had been better to you. I know, that I am probably just being arrogant and conceited, but I can't help but think that maybe you are the way you are now, because of how I treated you..."

I was seeing a side to Michael that I never thought I would see. He was taking responsibility for something that was his fault, and it shocked the hell out of me. I had to be dreaming...

"Ali?" I realized I had completely ignored what he had said and blushed.

"You used to make my life hell. I learned that the only way you wouldn't get to me, was if I was a b**** to you, and everyone at that. It annoyed the hell out of me that you could mess with my heart the way you did in middle school. Yeah, i thought I loved you, but that was middle school. I am DEFINATELY not the same person now, and everyone seems to be reminding me of that little fact." I said, pushing a strand of hair behind my ear.

"I miss that Ali from middle school, you know..." He said, smiling lightly at me.

I smiled slightly back at him and sighed. "She is LONG GONE."

I was right about people's reactions when I got out of his car. Although, I have to admit that the best reaction, was Bella's. Her face went a bright red andshe glared, squealed, and stomped her rather large foot. I mean damn girl! Anger issues much?

So Michael and I walked past her, and I turned over my shoulder and gave her the bird, hearing Michael chuckle. "Did you HAVE to piss her off, Ali?"

I smiled, and shrugged. "She had it coming." His company wasn't bothering me as much as it should have, but then again, he wasn't demanding that I do things. That was my problem.Memories of my past began to slip into my head and I struggled to push them away. I hadn't thought about THAT in a really long time...

He walked me to my locker, and leaned against another locker next to mine. "Ali, can I ask you something?" I knew what was coming,but this time it didn't bother me...?

"Sure, I mean you did drive me to school." I said, with a smirk.

"Okay, and don't think of this as paymentfor driving you to school... But would you like to go get coffe, sometime? We can even make up maniacle plans to assassinate my brother." He chuckled toward the end, trying to come off as light hearted, but he had no ideea just how much I wanted to KILL Steven.

I thought about that for a moment.. Did I want to? Surprisingly, yes. Was it a good idea? Probably not. But the rebel in me was telling me that I at least had to try. Then I could say that I went out on a date with Michael Harris and came back in one piece. "Sure thing, Bad Boy.But I will be calling the shots."

He smiled widely at me. "Just tell me when and where."
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7

This book has 4 comments. Post your own now!

SummerBreeze said...
Jun. 2 at 7:25 pm
I love it so much I hope u write more

JustAnotherDay. said...
My goodness. It's so good. Please keep it up.

freedomwriter98 said...
Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:38 am
I Love it!!! MORE!

1DInfection said...
Feb. 8, 2013 at 9:17 am
LOVE it. please write more