I Punched The Bad Boy.. Am I Cool Yet?

Author's note: I just thought that it would be fun to try and write a teen romance story... I am more into...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: I just thought that it would be fun to try and write a teen romance story... I am more into supernatural stories, so this is something new for me.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 7 Next »

Lost Causes

Bella stood in front of me with her arms crossed across her chest. Her eyes watched me carefully as she smacked her gum in her mouth annoyingly. I rolled my eyes at her and turned to walk away. I really didn't need this right now.

"What were you doing with Michael? Cheating on Steven? That's sure what it looked like, you little whore." I turned to look at her with an impatient expression, just to see her smirking.

"Yeah, totally. Because it takes a whore to spot a whore." I retaliated, turning to leave again.

"You're not going to get away with this. You made me the laughing stock of this school and now everyone is talking about you. You are not cool, Alison. You will ALWAYS be a pathetic little loser. That's why your parents are always away." She grinned evilly. "Why would two people want to be around their failure of a daughter? The one who caused their other child to commit suicide?"

A sharp pain stabbed me in the chest as the sadness rippled through me. "You don't know anything, Bella."

"Michael knows though, doesn't he? That's the only reason anyone is interested in you. They feel SORRY for you. The girl who lost her family. And not even to death. No one wants her."

I glared at her, feeling myself begin to shake. "Do you say these things to make yourself feel better? Because, according to you, you actually have to try to get attention? Is that fair to anyone else?"

"No one cares about anyone but themselves these days, Ali. Not even you and your self righteous attitude." with that she stormed away. Taking any sort of calm I had with her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After school,Steven picked me up and we rode back to his house. Realizing exactly where we were, I asked, "What are we doing here? Aren't your parents going to get mad?" And isn't it way too soon for this? I mentally added. We weren't even officially dating.

"I didn't bring you here to make you meet my parents. Relax, girly. I just figured that maybe you'd want to get out of your house." I gave him an odd look, but shrugged. Why not, right?

I let him lead me inside of the large house. It was beautiful on the inside, very bright and open. Not at all what I expected Steven took my hand and led me upstairs. The halls were covered in pictures of Steven and Michael, but one interested me the most. It was Michael about two years ago with an older guy who looked almost just like him. That had to be his older brother...

A tinge of sadness coursed through me but I continued following Steven to a room down the hall. I got slightly nervous, but pushed the thoughts away quickly before I let him know that I was slightly uncomfortable/ Nothing was going to happen, right?

"When will your parents be home?" I asked casually, secretly hoping that he would say they would be home soon.

He looked at me, a slight hint of amusement playing at his eyes. "They are out of town this week on business. You do realize our parents are business partners, right?"

I shook my head, scrunching my eyebrows. "No, I didn't. Not hatthey ever talk to me anyway.." I turned and walked to the other side of his room, where a tall stereo stood, framed by hundreds of cds.

I heard footsteps and Steven was behind me, wrapping his arms around my waist, resting his head on my shoulder. "You want to know something?"

"Well, now that you have said that, yes I do." I said, sarcastically, letting my head fall back, but the unease in my stomach didn't relax.

"I was in love with you when you and Michaelwere in middle school." His words shockedme, and I whirled around.

"Whoa... I didn't even know you then. You couldn't have been in love with me..."

"You were so sweet and kind. And even when my brother was teasing you, you were always so happy with whatever was given to you. You and your sister, you were just so happy with each other. I saw just how you treated people, and it called to me. I wanted to get cloder to you, and become your friend, but I knewwhat people would think about me getting closeto a thirteen year old girl when I was almost sixteen.

"They would have called me crazy. You aren't even the same person now... You are still lovely, but I am just trying to figure you out. You have so much anger for my brother, and your parents, just most people in general. I see in you what I saw in..." He trailed off, covering his mouth and looking around frantically.

"What you saw in what, Steven?" I asked, narrowing my eyes at him. He just shook his head and kept his mouth shut.

"Can we talk about it at a later time? It is kind of personal." I just nodded, and he wrapped me in his arms, sending my heart into over drive, and not in a good way this time. What was going on? Why was I getting so many bad vibes?

He leaned his head down to mine and kissed me on the cheek, and I relaxed slightly. He turned my head to face him and claimed my lips rather suddenly.I flinched, but didn't pull away. I had to admit thatkissing him was nice, and it helped relax me a little bit. But my mind was wandering. Why did Michael seem so sad today? Was it bad for me to be thinking of him, while I was kissing his brother? Wait.. I am supposed to hate him, so I shouldn't care what he thought. But I couldn't help but dread the possibility of him walking in and seeing me and Steven like this.

Oh lord... I am such a lost cause...

SummerBreeze said...
Jun. 2 at 7:25 pm:
I love it so much I hope u write more

JustAnotherDay.This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:29 pm:
My goodness. It's so good. Please keep it up.

freedomwriter98 said...
Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:38 am:
I Love it!!! MORE!

1DInfection said...
Feb. 8, 2013 at 9:17 am:
LOVE it. please write more