The Perils of a High School Super Human | Teen Ink

The Perils of a High School Super Human

Chapter 1: Annabel
My name is Annabel James. I grew up in Wandsworth, London. I'm sixteen, short, blonde, very skinny and I have super powers. I know this sounds odd but its true. I have the power to move things with my eyes. These things run in the family, unfortunately I no longer have family. Last time the Special group of Intellectual Ninjas(SINS) took over they killed my parents and a few other of my kind. I live in a home with a few people like me with different powers. Sady, Jon, Greg, Angela, Mitchell, and Kristen are the people who are my age and are training for the next attack. There are 25 of us living in this house. It’s like an orphanage. Carl is the headmaster and he is in charge of grouping us and taking care of us. My group in training is 15-19. There is a group of 20 and older who are the wisest and train us, also there is a group of 7-14 who are just learning basics. Another group is the 6 and younger. Our youngest is 4 so he is just a little one who doesn’t help or train. Now you may think that we don't go to school and this is all the school we need.
Don't worry I go to a school just like you and I learn the same stuff but when school is over I don't go home and just sit on the couch or go to the mall. I go home and train hard until dinner then there is a break and we start back up again until 10 when it’s to the shower and to bed.
The SINS are a group of evil ninjas who try and try to take the world from everyone's fingertips and ours. There are six stations set all over the world and there are seven of our special homes around the world. The SINS have tried to take over five times in the past 100 years. I have been alive for one so far. That is when we lost seventeen of our people in battle.
Today is the starting of the fourth taskin training for my group. We have been trained in three different categories so far. 1 : Using our powers for good. 2: Using our powers for helpful things in battle. 3: Controlling our powers. Now we have one more category that might be the hardest and worst of them all. Actual fighting.....

Chapter 2: Cameron

My name is Cameron Smith. I live in Merton, London. I have lived in several places in my life including Beijing, China, Tokyo, Japan, and Bago, Burma. I have lived in Merton for one year tomorrow. The homes that I have lived in were never in the city. I have always been in the country away from all outsiders. I am 16, tall with large muscles, brown hair and I am a ninja. Yes I know that I sound like one of those people who take a karate class and say “Oh yeah! I’m a ninja!!”. No I’m not one of those people. I’m in a group that I was born into and we are called the SINS. (Special group of Intellectual Ninjas.) I have been training since I can remember and I haven't liked it one bit. My family founded the SINS 100 years ago when they first wanted to take over the world. There have been five attacks since then and they have NEVER succeeded. The International Super Defense Squad (ISDS) have always found out where and when we are going to try again. We have groups that we are separated into. Nine and younger with just basics about battle. That groups starts when you can walk and talk. Then there is a small group of 12-14 which is just a little more training. Then you get to the 15-20 who are in full battle mode and start training for the next attack. Also there is the 21 and older who are the people who train us and tell stories of past attacks. My grandfather is our leader. He makes sure everyone is fit and the trainers are doing their jobs right. We live in a home that is large in size and can fit all forty of us and we all have our own rooms. I go to school like everyone else. I have gone to four different schools in my life. I have changed homes four times too. School may just be a little harder for me too. I can't tell people about our group. I can’t go out with friends or hang out at the mall with the gang or go to sports games other than mine. I’m usually in every sport except volleyball because schools don't let the guys play on the teams. When I come home I do homework, go straight to training for four hours, to dinner, back to training for three hours, take a shower and go straight to bed. There is not much time for socializing during the week. Weekends I get seven hours to talk with friends and socialize and go practice for my sports. If I have sports practice I get to miss the first four hours of training but after I get home and eat dinner and do homework, it’s back to training for four hours instead of three. Its hard to miss training and I always seem to miss the good and easy days.

The ISDS is a group of people that try to stop us SINS and have always succeeded. There are seven of their “special” homes around the world and of ours. There have been five battles in the past 100 years but I have only been alive for one of them. We lost twenty people and they lost seventeen in that battle. I was eight when that happened.

Life at home is difficult. My dad and grandpa are constantly on me about my training and my sports. My mother and grandmother want me to be myself and go out in the world but my father and grandfather would never allow that. According to my grandpa I was born to fight and be in battle, but I wish I wasn’t born to fight. I wish I was born to be free and do what I want to do like a normal person.

Chapter 3: Annabel

School usually is hard for someone quiet. But when you are quiet and really can't do anything with other people it's even harder. I am one of those people. I'm a fast runner so I do track and field and cross country. I use that for part of my training. I can't stay after school for student council or writing club. I have to walk home. No bus knows where I go. All of us in my training group have to go to different schools. My school is one of those schools that everyone is categorized in groups. Jocks, Preps, Geeks, the Silents, Nerds the usual. I’m in the Silents. I don't socialize like most people. I have people that talk to me but we don't hang out together. I wish that I could have friends and have them come over to my house and I go over to their house but I don't have time because of training. I wish that sometimes my superpower was to fly or read people’s minds. If I could fly I could just leave the house without having to use the front door and no one would know I left. If I could read people’s minds school would be nice too. I could hear what people think about me and if they like me or not. It would be a lot simpler.

It’s the first day of school. One of the hardest days for me. I never have a place to sit or a place to eat. I have gone to this school for my whole life and I have never once been invited to a party or to sit with a group at lunch. I usually go and sit in the bathroom and eat or if it’s a bad day in the bathrooms I go into a teacher’s room that is not in use. My school is filled with rude and obnoxious people who are never accepting of people that are different then them. I wish that Kristen went to this school. Then I would have someone to talk to and to eat lunch with. But no, we all have to go to different schools for “safety reasons”. I try to make friends and not be too pushy but it always seems to make people talk worse about me. I wish that I could be a normal person and have friends outside of my house. usually people want their best friends to live with them or near them but after awhile you wish they would go home. I am with my best friends all the time and it gets annoying sometimes. I don't get alone time like i wish. There are two of us in one room at my house and I don't get quiet time to do my homework or study, it’s always a group thing.

School I think isn't really hard. But the worst part is when partner work comes around and the teacher lets you pick your own group. I know most people don't want the weird, quiet girl in their group and they especially won’t let you in when you ask. I would rather work alone and usually do. I’m a loner. I know I am. I just wish it was different.

Chapter 4: Cameron

School life is hard. Especially when you are constantly moving. I have moved four different times in my life and I have moved to three different schools. This year I have to start another new school. Its even harder when you have to go in the middle of high school. I'm a smart jock which means it isn't hard to make friends. I get into every sport I try out for and this year I’m already in football and basketball tryouts were three days ago and I find out if I made it today. If I don't make it my father will be furious. I have friends but I am never allowed to get out of the house unless for school or sports. So most people don't like to ask me to come over or to have them come over to my house.

My struggles in school would have to be fitting in. I know that I am a sports guy, and I'm smart but I still have troubles. I never know what to talk about to people without telling them I’m a ninja which we all know that would be horrible. I can never tell someone that I am a ninja, and if it ever did get out we would be in DEEP trouble. I hate knowing that I can never tell someone.

Today is the day. At lunch I will go into the office and find out if I made the basketball team. I’m going to be furious if I don't get in. I’m a great basketball and I know I am. Here I go. Into the office. There is the list. I look down the A team side: Samuel Evans, Dalyan Hawking, John Grape, Cody Horn, Nathan Dugger, John Adams, Steven William, James Color, Jared Jones, Harry James, Lucas Fair, Caleb Scott, Kevin Long, Elijah Zale, and Blake Chance. Well that’s unusual. So I look at the B team side: Ezra Felix, Gabriel Hal, Ian Jacob, Justin Keith,Kyle Lawrence, Luther Mason, Michael Newman, Noah Omar, Owen Parker, Preston Quincy, Richard Riley , Samuel Tucker, Spencer Troy, Tyler Val, Wyatt Yuri. WHAT?!?! I didn’t make it!! I look over the lists four more times and still don't see my name. I don't understand this! I have worked so hard and been on every other basketball team at every other school I went to! This is stupid! I go to the secretary and ask her if this is the only list. I asked her if there were any other teams besides a and b and she said “No. Why don't you just call the coach. I don't know anything.”

OK. Yeah I’ll just call him because I have that much time on my hands. Shouldn’t you know about this. No I know why you don't because you are stupid.
That’s what I wish I could say. But I know I can't so I just say “Thanks. What is coach’s phone number?” The phone rings right as I say that and I was shooed away.

After a long day of school I have to go home. I know that my father will be pissed that I didn't make the basketball team. I thought about not telling him and just staying after school and tell him that I was at practice. I think about the horrid part. Games. My father loves to go to them and watch me. Also my grandma likes to see me at my games. She is probably the loudest. I decide not to tell him. For the best.

Chapter 5: Annabel

After lunch I go to History. This is one of my worst subjects. I get into class and instantly regret not skipping the last two hours and going for a really long walk. I start walking over to the back of the class like I usually do and the bell rings. The teacher Mr. Briggs walks in and yells for people not to sit in a seat. I walk to the front of the class like everyone else. I hate being in front of everyone and being in large groups. He starts to seat us in groups of two. He goes in order by boy, girl, boy, girl, etc.. When he gets to my name I’m in the back luckily, but I get set by a guy who I saw and instantly really liked him. He is tall and has really large muscles. Dark brown hair and brown eyes. He sits down and invites me to sit too like a gentleman. Instantly he says “Hello. My name is Cameron. How are you?”
“Hi. My name is Annabel. I'm ok, I just don't like History. How are you?”
“I'm ok. Its my first day at this school and it’s confusing.”
“ATTENTION UP HERE!!!” yells Mr. Briggs.
“This should be an interesting year.” Cameron whispers in my ear.
I automaticly blush because he is a cute guy all up in my face.
“These seats will be your seats for the rest of the year, lets hope you like them. And if you don't oh well. Today we are going to start right out with a test. I will grade you on what you know. This should be a review.”
“I hate tests. Especially when it’s in History.”
“If you ever need a tutor for this class or any other class I could help you.” Cameron says genuinely nice.
“Thanks! I'd like that.” I said back immediately not thinking that I can't just stay after school. Maybe I could talk to Carl and ask him if I could stay after.
“Ok. Cool. Just tell me when you need help and I guess I will be here in this seat next to you for awhile.” He said with a smile.
After the test Cameron asked me how I did. It wasn't as hard as I thought. It was what we learned last year. Last year wasn't as hard because I had a better teacher.
“I did ok I think. How did you do?”
“Fine. So what is your next class?”
“English.”
“Mine too!”
“We can walk together if you like. I will show you where it is.” I said eagerly.
“Ok. That would be great.”
As we walk to English I can see people all around us giving us weird looks. Cameron notices too.“Just ignore them.”
We get into class and I head to the back of the room like usual. He follows.
“Do you want to sit by me?” I say suspiciously.
“Of course. That’s why I was following you.” Cameron smiles.
Ok. Now I'm starting to think he likes me and is trying to figure me out.
That was the last we really spoke to each other. Here and there in the classes we have together and sat by each other. It started to get tense between us. I started to stop liking him until a few months after we met. Finally after a few months of waiting we started talking again.
As the teacher, Mrs. Sisco, walks in one day he asks “Do you walk home?”
Why would he be asking me this? Is he really starting to be a creep? No, I tell myself. Maybe he wants to walk you home.
“Yes. The busses don't go out as far as my house. Do you?”
“Yes. Maybe we could go on a long walk before we head our separate ways. Would you like to?”
I hesitate. I have training. He wouldn't understand that. So I say back, “Sure. I can't stay out too long though. I have piano lessons today.”
Piano lessons? Where did that come from. I don't even have a piano.
“Ok,” he replies, “I can't stay out too long either.”
Good, I think he understands things about getting home. I guess I can just tell Carl that I was running late to talk to my teacher. I was worried that Carl would just read my mind and know where I was. So I didn't think about it the rest of the day.

Chapter 6: Cameron

As I cool down on my way to History I see a very pretty girl walk into my class in front of me. I walk into class everyone is in their groups talking and I see the pretty girl head to the back of the room.

Maybe I could start to head back there and talk to her. I thought to myself.

Right as I am headed back to the class Mr. Briggs our teacher walks in. “I DIDN’T TELL ANYONE THEY COULD SIT ANYWHERE THEY’D LIKE!” He screams “To the front of the class. I will be seating you.”

She is in the front on the opposite side of me. I wish I could be next to her and talk to her. Mr. Briggs sits me in the back. She still hasn't been seated. I still might have a chance to sit next to her.

“Annabel James, here.”

“Yes, sir.” she replies.
I immediately pull out her seat and pat it for her to sit down. She lights up right away. Then I realize that I probably looked weird doing that.

“Hello. I’m Camron. How are you?” I tell her as she sits down.

“Hi. I’m Annabel. I'm ok. I just hate history. How are you?” She frowns.

She seems nice. “I’m fine.” I reply, “It’s my first day here and I'm really confused.”

“ATTENTION UP HERE!” annonces Mr. Briggs.

“This year should be interesting.” I whispered into Annabel’s ear. Right away she blushes.

“These seats will be your seats for the rest of the year. I hope you like them and if you don’t oh well, too bad for you.” Mr. Briggs announces. “Today we are going to take a test. This should be a review from all your past years. I will grade you on what you know.”

“Great,” Annabel leans over and tells me, “I hate tests especially when they are in History.”

“If you ever need a tutor in any class I would love to help you. Just let me know.” I say forgetting that I can never stay after school unless its for sports but who cares.

“I’d love that!” she replies.

“Okay. Cool just let me know when you need it.”

After the test I ask her how she did. “Fine. How did you do?”

“I did good. What's your next class?”

“English. What is yours?”

“Mine too!” I say back happily.

“We could walk together, I’ll show you where it is.”

“Ok.”

Walking to English I can tell that everyone is staring at us. She immediately tenses up. “It’s ok. Just ignore them.” I says and she looks at me like I’m crazy.

Walking into English she heads to the back. She must really like the back. She turns around and asks me suspiciously, “Do you want to sit by me?”

“Of course. That is why I was following you.”

After a few months of small talk here and there we finally started to talk again. This is the perfect time to ask her out. I think to myself.

As Mrs. Sisco walks into the class one day and I get the courage to ask her “Do you walk home?”

“Yes.” She says making eye contact with me for the first time in months. “The buses don’t go out to my house. Do you?”
“Yes. I do. Maybe we could go for a long walk before we go our separate ways.” I answer hoping she will say yes. She thinks about it for a minute.
“Sure. But I can’t stay out too long. I have piano lessons.”
“Ok.” I add before class starts.

Chapter 7: Annabel
I couldn’t wait until class was over. Once the bell rings Cameron says “I will meet you out front.”
This is exciting. I run to my locker, luckily we go different ways to our lockers. I get to my locker and open it quickly. I have had this locker for three years and it opens usually only for me.
Once I had my stuff I walk out of the building with my bag. I see Cameron and he sees me and smiles. I get over to him and say, “Hey you ready for the walk?”

“Yep! Are you?”
“Sure.” I say. “Lets go.”
“Ok. Well I can stay out for hour until I have to go home.”
“Ok. I can too. So how was your day?”
“It was fine. I missed the first three hours. I woke up late and my dad wouldn’t let me out of the house.”
“That sucks. I'm sorry. Otherwise was it good?

“Yes. I’m sorry I didn’t ask you how your day was?” He said apologetically.

“Oh you are fine. It was ok. The usual.”
“That’s good.” And that was it.

We walk in silence for a few minutes. Soon we had been walking for thirty minutes. An hour as passed.
“I have to go. I will see you tomorrow.”
“Ok. We need to do this again. I will see you tomorrow.”
And that was it. All we said to each other before turning a heel and leaving.

Chapter 8: Cameron

Why couldn’t class end earlier? I kept asking myself.

The bell rings and I call to her, “I will meet you outside.” As we walk out of the class we both should go opposite ways. Before I turn to go to my locker I watch her run to her locker. As I get to my locker I couldn’t open it. All I had in there was my bag and I didn’t have homework so once I opened it I just threw my binder in there and left it all there. As I walk out of the school I don’t see Annabel. I sit on the steps waiting for her. As she walks out she seems excited.

“You ready to take a walk?” she said and sounded quite excited.

“Yep. Are you?”

“Yeah. Let’s go!”

“Ok.”

“So how was your day?”

“Fine. I missed the first three hours because I woke up late and my dad wouldn’t let me leave the house.”

“I’m sorry. Was the rest of your day good?”

“Yes. I’m so sorry. I didn’t ask you how yours was?”

“It was fine. The usual.”

As we walk it gets more awkward. It has been close to an hour and we haven’t said a word. Finally she does.

“Well I have to go. I will see you tomorrow. I had fun.” She said with a smile.

“Ok. Me too. See you tomorrow.” I say waving as she walks away.

Chapter 9: Annabel

I couldn’t help but smile all the way home. As I was walking through the doors my smile begins to fade. I forgot that I’m an hour late for training. Walking into the training room I got the worst looks I have ever seen. If looks could kill I wouldn’t only be dead but tortured. Carl calls me over. Oh, great. Im in deep trouble. I think to myself.

“Yes Carl?”

“Annabel, why are you an hour late?”

I ask myself Why is he asking me this? He can read my mind.

“I am asking you this because I want to hear the lie you are coming up with.”

“So you want me to lie to you?” I ask confused.

“If you chose. But I’m warning you I can just pop into your mind and see why you are late.”

“I was tutoring someone. They really needed help and I decided that it would be ok to stay after today.”

“Was his name Cameron?” He asked me like he knew the whole story which I'm assuming he does.

“Yes, sir.”

“And did you walk him home for an hour? Do you like him?”

“Why don’t you just read my mind.” I say sarcastically, “Can I get to training now please?”

“Yes.” He said turning on his heel going to sit in his seat where he watches training.

“Now lets get back to the beginning so we can show Annabel what we did.” Carter said rudely.

“No. Start where you were. She will catch up quickly.” Carl tells Carter.

“Yes, sir.” Carter answers quickly. “Today we are starting to chose your weapons. Annabel you are next.” Carter tells me as he leads me to the weapon table. Everyone is watching me nervously like I’m going to kill someone. Which could happen.

“Pick one weapon that you think you would like to keep on hand at all times except at your school and will be your “partner” for training and fighting.”

I walk over to the table. There are knives of all sorts from different countries. Rifles and, guns of all sorts. Also there are tridents and bows. I would never go for the bows or tridents. I grab a rifle. Carter tells me to try and hit the target. It is a dummy and it has a target in three places. His head, stomach and heart. I aim for his heart and hit it straight into his head.

“Good job. I want you to try a knife please.”

I grab one of the spears and throw it straight into his heart.

“I want you to take both. You are one of our strongest fighters and these are what you are strongest with. Once you throw your spear, you could lose it immediately. But when you shoot your gun you won’t lose it. All you will lose is bullets.” Carter says with a smile looking back and forth between Carl and I.
Carl smiles. “That is all for today. No training after dinner. Good job today everyone.”

I head to my room and Kristen catches up to me.

“Where were you? I can’t believe that you said that to Carl! What has gotten into you?”

“Ask me one question at a time!” I say getting angry at her, “I was taking a walk with a boy who likes me. He understands me and is really nice. I said it to Carl because he made me mad and wouldn’t just read my mind like he does other people ok. I just wish I could stay out an hour or more like normal people without getting in trouble.”

“Well don’t we all. But speaking of boys, you know Sam I have had a crush on for like three years? Well he asked me out today!!” she says so excited.

“Sorry to disappoint you but remember we can’t go out!”

“Damn it. I completely forgot. He said he could take me out for coffee after school and we could hang out for the night.”

“When?”

“Tomorrow. Why?”

“Well I could ask Carl if we could go get dresses for homecoming and we could go out for coffee with Cameron and Sam”

“Alright! Let’s go ask before dinner.”

Chapter 10: Cameron

When I get home I have to quickly run to my room and change into my training robes. As I was running to my room my dad sees me and stops me.

“Where have you been? You are late for training? Explain yourself.”

“I was staying after school to ask if there are any kids who need tutoring and what I missed from the first three hours since you made me wait this morning. Have a problem with that?” I snap at him.

“Yes. You don’t need attitude with me. Now, get to training. Today is important.”

“Yes father.” I say as I turn around and roll my eyes. I walk to my room and quickly change into my robes and run to training. They are in the gym today. I asked my grandpa yesterday what we are doing and its the same as yesterday. I don’t understand why my dad said it was so important. I get into there and no one asks me why I am late or where I was. All the questions will happen later at dinner when the trainers are gone. I head to my station. We are just using our ninja skills against the trainers today because usually it is against other students. Only four of us can go at a time. I went yesterday with three others and there are still 15 people to go.

“Cameron, since you were late remind us of what you did yesterday. Come on up.”

“Yes, sir.” I head up there and bow to Liam. I take my position. I kick him right in the side of the face. He falls and I pin him to the ground for a while and hit him repeatedly not as hard as I would if we were in actual battle.
“Ok. Thank you Cameron. You are dismissed for the rest of the day.” Liam says to me with a smile.
I’m glad. I can think of what I’m going to say to Annabel tomorrow and go help my mom in the kitchen if she needs it.
After I help my mom for awhile I go into the dining hall.
“Where were you?” Sam asks suspiciously.

“I was doing something at school. Why does it concern you?”

“I’m your best friend bro. I think it does. I got a hot date tomorrow. Her name is Kristen. She is the girl I have been crushing on forever.”
“Bro, that’s sweet. Maybe we could double date. Then they could get to know each other. When are you going?”

“Well I was going to ask for after school to go get coffee. Is that good? We could go ask your dad if we could get out of training since we didn’t get to everyone today and we did it yesterday.”
“I will go ask him now.” I said getting up.
“Excuse me mom.” I look at my dad. “Dad do you think that Sam and I could stay after school to talk to our teachers and tutor like I told you I was going to and Sam did the same thing but he got to leave earlier. Would that be ok?”
“I suppose. You two fought yesterday. You must be home for dinner.”
“Thank you, Father.”

Chapter 11: Annabel

We asked Carl before dinner. He agreed and said as long as we were home for dinner. I was excited to meet Sam but what would we do if we were asked out again. We can’t just keep saying we need to get dresses. Soon we are going to have to get dresses. I think about what to wear and how to ask Cameron right as I see him at school today.
“Hey. What are you doing today after school?” Cameron says as he comes up to me.
“Nothing. I’m free until dinner. I was just going to ask you the same question. Why?” She answers.
“Well my friend has a date tonight and wanted someone to go with so I could meet this girl and I said that I would ask you. Would you like to go for coffee?”
“Who is your friend? Where does he go?”
“His name is Sam. He goes to Merton Schools. The girl that he really likes name is Kristen.” Cameron says with a confused look.
“I know her! She is my best friend!” I say really excited. “I was going to ask you if you wanted to go with us to the coffee place”

“That is weird, I guess that this was a big coincidence.” He says this as the bell rings. “I better head to class. See you in Science.”

“Ok. See you then.”
When I get into Science there is a seating chart on the board. I look to find my name. Then I find Cameron’s. We are clear across the room. Cameron walks in and does the same. I am kind of happy. I don’t think it would be good if we were constantly together, I’m not sure if I could handle that. Cameron walks over to me and looks sad to. Before I could ask him what’s wrong Mr. Green walks in.

“SIT DOWN THE BELL IS GOING TO RING!” Announces Mr. Green one of the worst teachers you could ever have.

“See you after class.” Cameron whispers.

Class was boring. No homework as usual. Its the first week of school. The bell rings and I completely forgot that I should wait for Cameron and ran to my locker. I get into fourth hour and completely forgot to go back out and see if he was in the hallway because his locker is over this way. The bell rings. I see Cameron walk by and he motioned to me to come into the hall. I tell him no. We are starting our pottery today. He looked disappointed and walked into Spanish. I feel bad but he has to learn how to deal without me. I like him but I think he loves me. He keeps wanting to be with me. I get through Art and its time for lunch. When I get to my locker I grab my lunch and head to my usual place for lunch, inside an unused classroom. I eat quickly and start writing. I like writing about events that are going on right now, usually about myself. The bell rings. When I got into History and Cameron is at our desk.

“Why didn’t you come out in the hall during fourth hour?”

“We were starting pottery today and I don’t like to miss that.”

“Oh. Are you excited about tonight?”

“I guess. I’m really tired. But the coffee will wake me up.”

“I hope. Do your parents care that you are going out?”

“My parents died when I was seven. I live with a large group of people including Kristen. That is how I know her. Do yours?”

“No. I live with a large group to but I still have my parents.”

Class ended and so did the next class. We didn’t talk much. Right as we were getting ready to leave before the bell Cameron says that he will meet me on the bench outside. I agreed and told him that I was going to go to the bathroom and see him in a few minutes. I get to my locker, grab my stuff and head to the bathroom. I get in there and look in the mirror. We have a full size mirror in our bathroom and I am never able to use it because there are always girls around it. No one is in the bathroom. I look in the mirror. I don’t see why Cameron likes me. I’m ugly. I'm so skinny that you can see all my bones, I have long blonde hair that never looks good no matter how long I work on it. I never wear makeup and have horrible skin.
I leave the bathroom before I dash out of there and go the opposite way so Cameron doesn’t see me. I get outside and see Cameron sitting there and as I get out there a car pulls up. I thought that it might be his parents but I look in the front seat. Its Kristen. I didn’t know that Sam was picking us up.

“Hey Annabel! Get in!” Kristen says getting out of the front seat and into the backseat. Cameron opens my door and when I sit down he shuts it and gets in the front.

“How was your day?” Kristen asks.

“It was-” I started.

“Hi. I’m Sam. How are you?” Sam interrupts.

“I’m Annabel and fine. Yourself?”

“Fine. So Cameron-” Sam starts as I zone out and continue to talk to Kristen.

“As I was saying, it was ok. How was yours?”

“Great. As you know Sam and I have known each other for awhile now and he asked me to be his girlfriend!”

“That’s great!”

“DUDE THIS IS THE BEST SONG!” Sam screams as he cranks up the radio. I don’t listen to music that much but it sounds like something from another country. Right as I’m trying to figure out what it is saying Cameron, Sam and Kristen start doing this dance with their hands and legs. It was probably the most strange thing I have ever seen.

We get to the coffee place. Its a cute little place. I get inside and realize that I forgot my money. “Kristen, do you have your money?”

“Yeah. Why?”

“I forgot mine. May I borrow a few dollars from you?”

“Sure. Just pay me back when we get home.”

“What can I help you with?” The cashier asks us.

“I will take a Vanilla Latte.” I said before everyone else.

“What size?”

“Medium.” I say without thinking that I am not buying for myself.

“Anything else?”

“A large Cookies and Cream Mocha please.” Kristen says.

“Are we all together?” The cashier asks.

“Yes.” Cameron says. “You will pay me back for your coffee later.” He whispers to Sam.

“We can pay for ourselves.” I say.

“No that’s fine. I got it.” Cameron says to me with a smile.

When we get our coffees We sit at a booth. Me and Cameron on one side and Sam and Kristen on the other side. We talk for a while and they start talking about sports. Kristen gets up and announces she has to go to the bathroom and she needs me to come with.

“Why do I have to come with you?” I ask once we get into the bathroom.

“Because I didn’t think you wanted to sit out there with them alone. How do you think its going?” Kristen says.

“Fine I guess. Do you think he likes me?”

“Yes! He does. Don’t you love Sam?”

“He’s nice. Weird like you. But in a good way. He is perfect for you.”

“We better get back out there before they think we left.” She says washing her hands. “We only have an hour before we have to leave. We are gonna have to walk home. They can’t come near our house.” She tells me as we walk out of the bathroom.

“Took you long enough.” Sam smiles.

“What did you two talk about?” Kristen asks when we get back.

“You.” Sam says giving her a kiss on the cheek.

After a while of talking it was time for Kristen and I to go.

“We have to go. We are suppose to be back before dinner.” I say to Sam and Cameron.

“Let us drive you, we have to go, too.” Sam suggests.

“That’s ok. It’s not far from here, we can get our exercise.” Kristen says to Sam.

“You sure?”

“Yeah. We are fine. See you tomorrow.” Kristen says to Sam with a big smile.

“Ok. Bye.” Sam and Cameron say at the same time with very large smiles.

We walk home trying to figure out what to say to Carl and how we don’t have dresses. We decided that we would tell him none of them were in our sizes which is a reasonable answer for me because I’m so skinny but Kristen is a perfect size. We still go with it. Its hard for us to lie to Carl because he can read minds. But with Kristen its not as hard. She has the power to control what people think. The only thing she can’t mess with is love. She hates that because she knows if she could she would have been with Sam a long time ago. After training Kristen and I head back to our room. We sit and talk for an hour or more about Sam and Cameron. Finally when we fall asleep it was at least 11:00. I love talking to her because for some reason she knows so much.

Chapter 12: Cameron

I was very excited about tonight. When I got to school I found Annabel as soon as she walked into the school.

“Hey. What are you doing tonight?” I ask her.

“Nothing. Why?”

“Well my friend and this girl he has been crushing on for awhile are going to get coffee and they wanted a couple other people to come with us. Would you like to go?”

“Who? What is his name?”

“Sam, he goes to Merton School. Her name is Kristen. Why?”

“I know Kristen. She is my best friend. I was going to ask you the same question about going to the coffee place too.”

“Well this is a big coincidence isn’t it.” I say as the bell rings. “See you in Science. “

Gym and Algebra were annoying as usual. I like gym but we did mat ball today and it just drags on too long. I was excited to go to Science. Not only because it is my favorite class but I have that class with Annabel. Once I get into class I look to find Annabel and she looks disappointed and happy all at the same time. I look the board where she is looking. There is a seating chart and we are clear across the room from each other. I start to walk over to her Mr. Green enters the room.

“SIT DOWN AND BE QUIET!” he screams at top of his lungs.

“See you after class” I whisper to her.

Class has gone by way too slow. It feels like years before the bell finally rings. As I get up Annabel is already out of the room. I thought to myself that maybe she just had to go to the bathroom or was really excited about her next class. I know I wasn’t. I have Spanish next. I think that she goes to Art and I know that the Spanish room is right across from there. Once I left Science I head over to Spanish. I guess that I left class a little late because the bell rings right as I get to class. I look into the Art room see Annabel sitting there. I motion for to come out and talk to me. She shakes her head. I think that something important is going on in Art so I head into Spanish and Mr. Crapple asks me something in spanish and I said that I didn’t know and that I was doing ok. He gives me a large glare. I don’t like Mr. Crapple at all and I don’t think anyone else does. Class is a bore and I decide to just skip having lunch at school and go for a little walk.

Once I get back to school I have to go to History. Annabel and I have a short conversations here and there but nothing compared to everyone else in class. The day is over and I tell Annabel that I will meet her on the bench like we did yesterday. She said ok and that she needed to go to the bathroom. I don’t care. It gives me time to call Sam and tell him we are out of school. I guess I forgot to tell her that we are getting a ride there. But I guess you can kind of expect that because we aren't walking there. She comes out and makes her way over to me as I see Sam’s car pulls in. She looks confused like she thought it was my parents. The first person to come out of the car was I’m assuming a girl, who is Kristen. She is beautiful and I can see why Sam likes her. She seems really nice. She introduces herself to me and hugs Annabel and gets into the back seat on the drivers side. I go over to the other side where Annabel would be getting in and open her door and once she gets into the car I shut her door and get in myself. On the way there Sam introduces himself and Kristen and Annabel start talking about random things like school. I hear Kristen say something about Sam and her becoming an item and I look at Sam to see if he heard her. He was already looking at me seeing if I heard it too. He smiles and I nod in approval.

After a few minutes of silence Sam cranks up the radio. I recognize the song almost instantly and so does Kristen.

“DUDE THIS IS THE BEST SONG EVER!” Sam screams.

It is a great song. It’s from South Korea and it is very strange. It has this great dance move and everyone in the car but Annabel starts to do it. She is looking at us like we are the craziest people in the world.

When we got the coffee shop we started ordering our coffees. Annabel orders a medium vanilla latte, Kristen orders a large cookies and cream mocha. I get just a black coffee and Sam also get a black coffee. I pay and tell Sam that he is going to pay me back when we get home. We talked for awhile about everything. Soon Kristen interrupts our conversation.

“I have to go to the bathroom. Annabel come with me.”

Once they leave Sam and I start talking about them.

“Why do girls always have to go to the bathroom together. If I had to go to the bathroom I wouldn’t get up and tell you that you need to come with me.”, said Sam.

“I think it was to talk about what is going on out here like we are now.”

“OK. Now I really have to go to the bathroom. Would you like to come with me?” Sam says sarcastically.

Right as he comes out and sits down the girls come out and sit down.

“Miss me?” Kristen says to Sam.

“Very much.” Sam says back to her kissing her on the cheek.

We talk for a while and soon we finish our coffees Annabel pipes in.

“We have to go. We are supposed to be home before dinner.”

“Ok. We can drive you.”

“Thats ok. Its not far from here and we could use the exercise.” Kristen says to Sam.

“Ok. See you tomorrow.” Sam and I say at the same time.

We walk them out and head to the car. Sam doesn’t like to talk much in the car and neither do I. We sit in silence until we get home and talk about our “date” as Sam kept referring to it for the rest of the night. The last thing I remember was after training and showers we went our separate ways with very large smiles.

Chapter 13: Annabel
It has been three months since the coffee date. Cameron and I still talk most of the time in class, but I haven’t heard about Sam from Kristen or Cameron. I have asked Kristen about Sam and she has told me that she doesn’t want to talk about it. I have also asked Cameron about how Sam is and Cameron says the same thing. I really would like to know about Sam. Its not that I like him its just I want to know how he is doing as a friend. When I get home from a long day I decide to ask Kristen about Sam again.
“How is Sam doing?”
“I’m not sure how he is doing. Why don’t you ask his girlfriend.”
“What happened?”
“I’m not sure. After our date a couple weeks ago, he broke up with me and told me he liked someone else.”
“Who?”
“He said someone from a different school . I don’t know who. I wish I didn’t have a whole bunch of classes with him and I didn’t have to be his partner in History and Science. I’m constantly having to be by him.” She said very sadly. “How are you and Cameron?”
“Fine. We have been talking a lot about hanging out after school again. Whenever I ask him what he has been doing and how Sam is. But he never answers me. I was starting to get worried.”
“You like him don’t you!?” She says raising her voice, “And you are the one that he is in love with now aren’t you?”
“No, Kristen! I would never do that to you?” I said trying to calm her down.
“No. I knew it was you. It was you. It was after the date when he saw you and now he is in love with you!”
“Kristen. No. It isn’t me. I don’t like him and he doesn’t like me. I promise. You need to calm down.”
“Whatever. This is not okay with me until I find out who this girl is!”
“Fine.”
We didn’t talk for the rest of the night. We got into our room and didn’t say a word. I was up getting clothes out when she grumpily asked me to turn off the light or she is leaving and going to sleep in the hall because she was so sick of me. I hate when she gets like this and “hates” me. She tries to control my mind and tell me what to do but when she goes to sit down I slide the chair out beneath her. She needs to learn who to mess with. Whenever she does this I always hang out with Jon because he can read minds and can tell me when she is about to do something to my mind and when I need to move something in her way. I know this is something that people say “violence doesn’t solve anything” but eventually it does and Kristen comes to her senses and talks to me to settle this out. Jon and I are always together anyway but when this happens we are attached at the hip. He is like my brother. His parents were a couple of the people who also died in the last battle. He and I have gone through alot together and are always there for eachother. Whenever he has a fight with Mitchel I help him out and when I have a fight with Kristen he helps me out.
School today. I hate Mondays so much. They always include tiredness and drama because people are too tired and grumpy to say the truth. I get through first and second hour and I am pretty excited about third hour so I can talk to Cameron about Sam and ask him if he knows who Sam is “in love” with. I don’t want to be nosey but I want Kristen to be ok and our friendship to be ok too.
“Hey Cameron. How are you?” I say as soon as I see him when I get into third hour.
“Fine. How are you?”
“I’m ok. I guess. Kristen and I had an argument last night and she thinks it’s all my fault.”
“What was the fight about?” Cameron says concerned. We have been becoming more close lately and he seems to be like my best friend at school.
“Sam. I asked her about him and she said that after their last date he broke up with her for another girl from another school. She thinks its me.”
“Why does she think that?”
“Because I was asking about him.”
“Well that’s a stupid reason.”
“So how is Sam?”
“I think he is fine. We haven’t talked in awhile. Things at our house have been pretty tight lately.”
“Why?”
“Nothing that I can tell you. Sam doesn’t like any other girl. He really likes Kristen. He just has a lot on his plate lately and couldn’t take a girlfriend. I told him to tell her that but he didn’t listen to me because he thought that his idea was a better idea.”
“Well I don’t think that I could tell her this without her getting more mad at me. We have a phone in our room. You should tell Sam to call her and tell her the truth. She would take it better from him than from me.”
“What time are you guys usually in your room?”
“5:30 - 6:30 and after ten.”
“Give me your number and I can talk to Sam.” he says.
“Thank you. I can’t stand not talking to her.”
“I under-” he stops as the bell rings and heads to his seat so he doesn’t get into trouble.
At lunch I finally have someone to talk to. I sit by Cameron and a couple other jocks. He is in every sport but basketball, so he is friends with most of the sporty guys. I know a few like to sit with Cameron and I and its nice to have someone at lunch to eat with. I ask him to tell me tomorrow what time Sam is going to call or if he can. Hopefully this will work.

Chapter 14: Cameron
Lately my house has been really busy. My father really wants to start getting to the war. I don’t think anyone is ready but me. Sam has been under the most amount of stress. He keeps missing training for “homework” and I see him in his room constantly sleeping. My father has him under close watch to make sure he isn’t doing any drugs or things that aren’t allowed in our house. I get into third hour and Annabel is right behind me.
“Hey Cameron. How are you?”
“I’m fine. How are you?”
“I’m ok, I guess. Kristen and I have been fighting lately.” she says very sadly.
“What were you fighting about?” I say concerned. I’m glad that we have been becoming better friends lately.
“Sam. I asked her how he was and she said that he broke up with her for another girl from another school. She thinks its me.”
“Why would she think that?” I know the real reason why he broke up with her.
“Because I was asking about him.”
“Well that is a stupid reason.” I say with a smile trying to lighten her up.
“So how is Sam?”
“I think he is fine. I haven’t talked to him lately. Things at our house have been pretty tight lately.”
“Why?”
“Nothing I can tell you. He doesn’t like any other girl. He really likes Kristen but can’t handle a girlfriend right now. I told him to tell her that but he said his idea was much better but obviously it wasn’t.”
“I could never tell her that without her getting more mad at me. I wish Sam would. We have a phone in our room and are usually in there from 5:30- 6:30 and after ten. You should have Sam call her and tell her, why didn't he?”
“Ok. Give me your number and I will talk to Sam.” I also want her number so I can call her and talk to her.
“Cool!” She says giving me a hug. “I really can’t stand not talking to her.”

“I under-” I start to say as the bell rings. I wave bye to her and head to my seat.
At lunch I think Annabel feels more welcome than she used to. She sits with me and a few of my guy friends from football. They all really like her. She asks me to tell her what time Sam is going to call her. I told her that I will tell her tomorrow. I really like her and I know that she likes me too. Sometimes I really want to tell her that I’m a ninja but I know that I would be in huge trouble.

I get home after school and decide to go find Sam. Today there is a meeting with all the trainers, my father and my grandfather. This means that there is no training for the day. I look all around the house for him and I find him in his room like he is waiting for something. They stopped watching him all the time so he gets some space, but he still gets more attention than usual people.

“Hey Sam. How are you?”

“Fine I guess. I miss talking to Kristen. I wish I never broke up with her.”

“Then why did you?”

“Because I thought it was best for us but it wasn’t.”

“You know because of it too you made Kristen and Annabel fight. She thinks that you like Annabel and she is the reason that you broke up with her.”

“Why don’t you tell Kristen that I don’t like Annabel and I was just stressed?”

“Because thats what you are going to do. You can either tell her at school or call her after school. We aren’t having training all week because of the trainer meetings.”

“I can’t do that. I don’t know. Maybe we could go to their house tomorrow. You follow Annabel and I will follow Kristen.” He says like it would be that easy.

“Sam. I’m not going to lose Annabel’s trust because of you. You can either call her or tell her at school.”

“I will call her. Right now.” he says. “Wait I need her number.”

I give him her number and I hope she is in her room.

“Hi. It’s Sam. Annabel? Is that you?” Sam says into the phone. He waits a minute.

“Here Cam. She wants to talk to you.” He tells me handing me the phone.

“Hey Annabel.”

“Hey. I didn’t know you were calling tonight. Does he want to talk to her?”

“Yes he does. I’m sorry I didn’t tell you. Is she in there with you? Can he talk to her?”

“Hold on.” I hear her talking in the background to Kristen. “Kristen, it’s Sam. He really needs to talk to you. I know what about and I want you to feel better. I want us to talk again. Please.” She says to Kristen.

“Whatever. This better be good.” Kristen says annoyed.

“Here Sam.” I tell Sam handing him the phone.

“Hey Kristen. I don’t want you to say anything until I’m finished.” He started off a little rude. I hope she doesn’t hang up on him. “I really like you. I only broke up with you because I thought it was the best for us. But I realize that it wasn’t and I made a huge mistake. Please take me back. I miss you.” He waits for a minute. His face lights up and I can tell that she took him back. “I promise I won’t hurt you again.” He says. I know he will hurt her again. Once the fight starts he will have to leave her. We usually leave after the war is over and move to a different home. I wish we didn’t have to and I could stay to be with Annabel. While Sam was still on the phone with Kristen I decided to go help my mom in the kitchen.

“Hello mum. Do you need any help?”

“No. Your father wants you in the meeting room.” She pulls me up into a hug and starts crying. “I love you. I hope you know that.”

“Of course I do. I love you, too mom.”

Now I was really scared to go to the meeting room. It was all the way across the house. It was like my mom would never see me again. I think and rethink the reasons why my dad would want me, why my mom started to cry and how she said that she loved me so randomly. It was like I was going to go in there and my father would shoot me. But then I think that my father would never do that. Well he might. I think to myself. I get into the meeting room and I can tell they were waiting a long time for me. My mom was probably debating on telling me and having me help her instead.

“Hey dad. You wanted me?”

“Yes. We all wanted you. We are pleased to inform you that the war is starting in a couple weeks. We need you to get all the stragglers to start training harder or they are going to die. We don’t want too many dying. I personally don’t want anyone to die. But it will happen.” He says with a straight face.

“Yes, sir. Who are these “stragglers”?” I ask him before I leave.

“Here is a list from all the trainers. You will get them and start training. All of the trainers will be in here until we are done talking about the war and what is going to happen during it.” He says handing me the paper. “That is all. You may go now.” He instructs me, shooing me out of the room.

I look over the list and decide to go and see my mother to tell her that I am ok. I get into the kitchen and there is no one in there. So I decide to go and find the “stragglers” that I have to train. There are five of them and they are the one’s that you are thinking “Why are you here?” but you know its because they were born into the group and you really can’t change that unless you want to be against your family. I have thought about it but once you leave you can’t come back.

Chapter 15: Annabel

I got home and I was hoping that Cameron would call tomorrow. Not today. I get into my room and Kristen is in there.

“Don’t leave. I promise I won’t talk to you and you don’t have to talk to me.” I say as I enter.

“Whatever.” She says to me with a scowl.

As I go to my bed to put my stuff down and start my homework. I am just so thankful that she didn’t leave. I was so nervous that Sam was going to call tonight and she wouldn’t be in here. As soon as I start my homework I look at the clock and the phone rings. It is six o’clock and I had that feeling that he was going to call tonight. I start to get up and Kristen is almost there.

“No! I got it. It’s for me.” I say as loud as I can.

“Whatever. Isn't everything is about you!” She says very angry.

“Hello?” I answer the phone.

“Annabel? Is that you? It’s Sam!” Sam says really confused.

“Oh hey. Can I talk to Cameron really quick. I know why you are calling I just need to talk to him.” I try not to say Sam’s name because I know that Kristen is listening.

“Hey Annabel.”
“Hey. I didn’t know that you were calling tonight.”

“I’m sorry I didn’t tell you. Is she there? Can Sam talk to her?”

“Hold on. Let me ask her.” I tell Cameron. “Kristen. Don’t get mad at me. I think you better take the phone and listen to what the person on the other end has to say.”

“Fine. Give it to me.” Kristen says with a scowl. “What do you want?” She grumpily talked to the phone. I know that Sam was on the other end because I could see her face light up. “What do you want Sam?” She waits what seems like twenty minutes and she replies to him.

“Of course. I will talk to you tomorrow.” She tells Sam and hangs up the phone. She looks at me. “Thank you. I’m really sorry that I accused you of liking him and making him break up with me.”

“It’s ok. I’m just happy that you are happy and we are talking again.”

“Well we better head to dinner. We can sit together now that we are talking again.” She starts to walk out of the room taking my hand pulling me because she tell I dont feel good at the moment.

We get into the dining hall and there is big tension. I move two chairs and pull them up to the table. I love being able to move things. It helps with all sorts of things. But it does make me more lazy.

“What’s going on?” I asked Jon.

“The SINS are ready to attack. No more just training. We are ready to fight each other now.”

“But I’m not ready. Some other people aren't ready either. I’m worried that I’m going to lose one of you guys or I’m going to die myself.” I say as I start to cry.

“Don’t cry.” Mitchell says as he walks up and sits down. “We are going to win and I know it. No one should die.”

“How do you know? We have no way to know now.” Kristen says trying to calm me down.

Mitchell rolls his eyes. “I can just feel it. We will be fine. Especially you and Jon. You have enough strength that you could pick someone up and throw them. And Jon you can tell what they are going to do next without even asking them. What do Kristen and I do? Nothing. We just have speed and strength and to control someone.”

“That is something I wish I had. If you saw that someone was going to get hurt you could run over there at the speed of light and get them. I can’t do that. Obviously I can only move things. I move just as fast as the SINS or even slower. And Kristen. To be able to control someone with your mind is something that is far better than controlling objects. You can tell them what to do and where to go. You don’t understand how hard it is to pick someone up with your mind let alone throw them.”

“That’s true. But reading minds. You know what they are going to do next and when they are going to do it.” Mitchell snaps back.

Jon sighs. “Just stop arguing. You are making Annabell even more scared. We all have great superpowers and we all will use them to take down the SINS.”

“Thank you, Jon.” Kristen says. Rolling her eyes at Mitchell. She and Mitchell are brother and sister. They lost their parents also in the last war. Like normal brother and sister, they fight all the time and it is rare to see them okay with each other. I have always wished that I had a brother or sister that I could be like that with but I was born an only child. Jon is like my brother. He and I don't fight much, we mostly support each other. I wish that I could read minds or tell the future. That ways I could know if I’m going to die or not.

Chapter 16: Cameron

As the week was coming to a close all of us are ready to start this attack. Except me. I was really worried that I would be the one of the few who will die. I would never be able to tell Annabel that I really like her and wished she was my girlfriend. I really wish I could go to school and see her one last time. But I know I can’t. We train and work our butts off to get everything right and ready for the attack. We are almost ready and I am so happy that we are getting this over with.

I get into the training room and wish I never got up this morning. Today is the day and no one but the trainers, my grandpa and my father knew about it. We were all supposed to be in our uniforms and ready to go outside. But no one knew that today was the day. My mother sees me and runs over to me crying her eyes out. She grabs me and hugs me so tight that I can’t breathe. I don’t tell her to let go because I know that this could be our last time that we can ever hug.

“Mom. It’s going to be ok. I won’t die. I will be back when everything is over. I promise. But I have to run to school really fast, to say goodbye. Will you cover for me?”

“Of course.”

I run to school as fast as I can. Its not far and I can get there in less than ten minutes. It’s lunchtime and I know that I can find Annabel, give her a hug and tell her that I really like her and ask her out. I look around the lunch room and find my table with all of my friends.

“Where is Annabel?” She is so tiny that if she was there I couldn’t see her.

“Right here. Where have you been?” Comes the little voice that I haven’t heard in awhile.

“I can’t tell you but I have a thing that will last for a little while and I don’t know when I will get back or if I will. I just wanted to tell you that I really like you and when I come back I hope we can become something more.” I spit that out too fast. I hope she understood what I said.

“I really like you too. Where are you going?”

“I don’t know yet. But before I go can I get a hug?”

“I think you can.” She whispers as she stands up and runs into my arms.

“Annabel.” She pulls away. “I have to go. I will see you soon.” I kiss her forehead and leave.

I can tell that she was starting to cry as I ran out of the school and back home. And just as I got home the crying and hugging all started again. My mom really thought that I was going to die. Now I wasn’t sure if I was ready to do this or not. My father is in the middle of his speech about when and where we are going to attack.

“Mom, what did I miss?” I whisper in my mom’s ear.

“Nothing. Just your grandpa talking about the past attacks and more goodbyes.” She whispers back.

“Did anyone ask where I was?”

“Sam and another boy did. I told them that you were in the bathroom. Here they come now. I will see you over by the table when the meeting starts again.” She leaves giving me a kiss on the forehead.

“Dude, where have you been?”

“I was getting ready in the bathroom like my mom told you. Sam did you tell Kristen goodbye?”

“Yeah I did. I told her yesterday when I left to go get all of my stuff from school. She was really sad and started to cry.I felt bad for leaving her. Did you tell Annabel goodbye?”

“Yes. I actually just ran to school and told her goodbye. I knew it was happening. My dad told me before he told you guys. Don’t tell anyone. My mother knows that I went to school to say goodbye to everyone. I just got back.”

“EVERYONE START GETTING QUIETER SO WE CAN START GETTING READY TO LEAVE!” I hear my father’s voice over the microphone. The room gets quiet instantly.

I make my way over to my mother and grandmother where they are crying very hard. They have a worse feeling about this than I do. Someone was sent over to see the house. The ISDS have been practicing really hard and are definitely ready for this attack. No one knows if they have sent over spies but we will never know. They have all different types of super powers. Some include moving things with the mind, super speed, super strength, reading minds, the ability to kill someone just by looking at them, controlling people with their minds to make them do things that they wouldn’t do normally. They used to have someone that could tell the future but the only one that they had was killed at the last war. Luckily for us it was one of the powers that we had go “extinct” at the moment. My father told me that it doesn't have to come from the parent it is just something that they are born with. Unlike us they only have to train how to use their powers and how to fight. We have to learn everything. You aren’t born with your ninja fighting. We are born into a family that has been in the group and we also have to be trained to have the necessary ninja skills.

“ARE WE READY!?” I hear very loudly from the front of the room.

“YES WE ARE!” screams the crowd that most have waited their entire lives for this war.

“THEN WE LEAVE!” My father yells.

“Goodbye mom. I will be back. I love you!” I tell her kissing her and hugging her very tightly.

“Goodbye Cameron. I love you!” She says doing the same.

I do the same to my grandma and she is wailing very loudly. Most mothers are very upset that their sons are going. Only men go to war. My grandfather thinks they are the strongest.

The mothers wave goodbye to all their sons, husbands and other family members that are leaving. I catch up with my father and grandfather. They assure me that everything is going to be ok. I on the other hand, don't think so.

Chapter 17: Annabel

I get home that day to people outside in uniforms telling everyone who enters to get ready for war. WAR? I'm not ready for this! I think to myself.

“ANNABEL? ANNABEL?” I can hear Jon screaming. He finds me. “Annabel? Are you ok? Come here!” He pulls me into a big hug.

“What is going on Jon?”

“We are getting ready to fight the SINS. They are coming. Go get ready.”

I run up to my room. Kristen is in there. I can hear her crying and I start to cry too. Our parents died in the last war. We don't want any of us to die. I especially don't want Kristen, Mitchell, Carl or Jon to die. We are family. It would be horrible to lose one of them.

We are ready and get no direction. We find our group and head outside. We don't get to say goodbye to anyone but our group. They tell us this so we don't get too worked up. I start to cry as usual and I'm not ready to do this. We stand in a quiet line, waiting for them to come. I can hear them chanting and I know I'm not ready for this. I look at Jon and he is making his way toward me to protect me and hug me. He tells me that everything will be ok. That we will get out alive. I can see them making their way through the woods. I look through them and there are a lot of them and they are all men. Why do they have to be all men? We have a lot of women.

“ARE WE READY?” “YES WE ARE!” is all I hear from the SINS. On their way here I can tell they are ready and very aggressive. Carl always tells me they have been aggressive and they definitely want to kill to take over.

“WE FIGHT!” Screams Carl. We all charge each other.

I look through the crowd and see someone familiar. It’s Sam! I find Kristen to ask her if it really is. She screams and starts to cry. It is Sam. Just as we start to make our way over to him, he hits the ground dead. Kristen runs over to his body screaming and crying. He is for sure dead and we will never know who killed him. If Sam was in the SINS that means... Cameron. Cameron is here. No. This is not happening. I look to find Cam. He is over in the left fighting Mitchell. I head over there as fast as I can. Mitchell sees me and tells me to run. That he’s got him covered.
“I can take him. I know I can.” I tell him while picking him up and setting him down by Kristen gently.
“ANNABEL?”
“Cameron?” I say starting to cry. “I didn't know you were in the SINS. I thought you were the good guy. But I guess not.”
“I am a good guy. My father and grandfather are the leaders and I have no choice. I would never be here if it weren't for them. Annabel. You have to believe me.”
“No. Because I don't care anymore. Go and kill all of us like you were going to if you didn't see me.” I yell walking away.
I get over to Mitchell and tell him I'm sorry. He is too busy to notice I'm even here. He at the moment is killing someone and I can't watch. I want to jump in front of the guy so I can just not be here anymore. I see Cameron coming over.
“Cameron. Go away.”
“No. That is my father you are killing and I won't leave until you let him go and not kill him.” Just as he said this, Mitchell’s work is over. I can tell he doesn't like this but he is trying to make everything stop.
“Dad!” He runs over to his father’s body, “You!” he points to Mitchell. “I WILL KILL YOU!” He screams at Mitchell.
“And you said that you were a good guy.” I turn to Mitchell. “Go find Kristen. Sam was killed and she’s gonna need someone.”
I see everyone is fighting. The war has been going on for hours now. The sun is just now going down. You look around and see helpless people on the ground that you never even got a chance to tell them hello. And then you see the anger in others eyes. How they want this to end and get it over with. The SINS are people who want to kill. Just so they can get power over the world. Once they win one war, other groups start to win. We start to lose hope and they could easily take over. Since our groups here are the most important we fight first. It’s hard to see all these people I’ve known for my whole life. I love them as they were my own family. I look around again and find Jon.
Jon is fighting some old man. The only old man here. I'm assuming that it is Cameron’s grandfather. Soon Jon is on the ground. Cameron’s grandfather is on the ground next to him. Cameron makes his way over to his grandfather and starts to whisper in his ear. His grandfather looks at him very puzzled. He nods after a while and Cameron gets up. He looks at me and gives me a large smile. What is he doing? I think to myself. This is starting to scare me. I look around and there is Carl on the ground and I'm very worried he is gone. I don't think I could live if he did. He is like a father to me and I couldn't stand to lose him. Still looking around I find a lot of people that I know and love. I can tell they aren't going to make it. I also see other people that I have never seen before. They won't make it either. I hate seeing this.
I start to run to the woods. I always remember my mom telling me that I should never look back. I stop once I hit the woods. I tell myself repeatedly that I shouldn't look back and to just go and find some place where I can be alone. But I turn around anyway. I look around and see that everyone is helping each other up and helping people all around. I would have never thought that something like this would ever happen. I start to walk back out of the woods and find Kristen and Mitchell thinking the same thing as I am. They come over to me and Mitchell stops hugging Kristen to hold me tight just in case something horrible is going to happen. But instead something very strange happened.
Everyone stopped their place to see Carl standing there to tell everyone something. Thank the Lord Carl is still alive. I think to myself.
“I want to tell all of you to stop fighting. I am sick of the SINS starting this stupid “war” just so they can “take over the world”. Today we all lost someone we love. I know I have lost a few and I will miss them very much. Before Frank Smith died today he had told his grandson Cameron that this has got to stop. That he was just carrying on the tradition of years before. Luckily, Cameron found me before I was the next dead. He told me what was said to him by his grandfather. Now I am here to tell all of you that it is time to stop all of this. I hope that we can all become friends and use our skills for good uses only. We will be contacting all of the other groups and telling them it is over and time to stop.” Both the Super Troopers and the SINS head houses were stationed here. We have control over what the other houses do. “I want all of you to make peace and talk to the other people that you would have never talked to before. This is a time that people who were generations before us would ever imagine.” As I look around everyone is doing as Carl says. I would never imagined this.

This goes on for what seems like hours. Everyone is smiling about the people they are getting to meet and crying about the people that died before we realized that this could actually work. I find Jon and he definitely never saw this coming. He hugs me. “He did this for you! He told his grandfather that it was time to change and he did all of this for you!”

“Who?” I say hoping he won't say Cameron. I thought he was talking about Carl until he said “grandfather”.

“Cameron, that’s who. He wanted to be the good guy and left everything. You need to find him and thank him for all of us.”

“HERE HE COMES!” yells Kristen. I don't know why she is screaming but I thank her anyway for getting my attention.

Jon, Mitchell and Kristen start to walk away to go find someone to talk to. I see they found someone from the SINS. I never would have thought they would handle this so easily. Everyone seems to be happy that this happened. They all look like they wish this would have happened a long time ago.

Cameron stops in front of me.“I'm sorry if you think I'm still the bad guy. I hope you know that if my grandfather would have said no I would've just left so I could be with you.”

“I know. I'm sorry too for calling you a bad guy. Thank you for doing this. You really did it for me?”

“For you and Sam. Sam would have wanted it to end so he could be with Kristen. I am pretty upset that he died but very happy it wasn't you.” He says pulling me into a hug. He kissed my forehead. I don't know if I have ever felt like this before. “This is something I have waited to do for a long time.” He says with a smile. “Will you be my girlfriend?”

“Well I guess I probably should because you did this all for me.” I look up at him and I think he is crying. “What’s wrong?”

“My father and grandfather won't be going home with me. I have to call every house in the world to stop everything and find your “homes”. This is going to be very hard.”

I start to wipe away his tears. Usually this is what guys do for girls. But I like to know that he is a real man and will actually cry in front of me. “It’s ok. I will be by your side the whole time. You might need help telling Sam’s mother though. And your mom and grandma.” I know I will need help telling Carl about Angela, Greg and Sady. I don't know how anyone can tell anyone who died. Angela was Carl’s daughter. He won't handle it well. “I have to go tell Carl something. I'm going to need your help telling him. I don't know if I will have to tell him or if he will see my pain and read my mind. Please come with me.”

“Of course. I will be there for you anytime you need it.”

We walk over to Carl and I know he already knows. He pulls me into a large hug because he knows how close Angela and I were.

“Carl. I'm so sorry. I would have tried to save her but I didn't even know where she was. I hope you got to say goodbye to her.” I tell him with tears streaming down my face.

“It’s ok sweetheart. I know why she died and it was a good reason. She will be safe in heaven with her mother, your parents and Kristen’s parents. I will be ok after a while. I'm going to need you to be there for me like I was for you. I know you will be. We lost a lot of good people today like Sam. I know that Kristen will find someone else.” he says pulling me into hug.

“I will. I promise. I'm going to help Cameron call the SINS houses and tell them about what Mr. Smith said. I will be home in a little bit. I promise.” I hug him back and leave them.

Chapter 18: Cameron

We start to march over through the woods.There aren’t much woods between the ISDS home and ours as I thought. We are suppose to be chanting but I don't join in. I'm not ready and I don't want to fight. I look through the trees and see so many people that could be dead soon. Or worse we could all be dead soon.

People stop once we reach the open field. Someone screams “WE FIGHT” and everyone starts to run together. I know I sound like a wimp but I was scared. We charge each other and everyone starts to fight. I get stopped by a guy who has very large arms and I know he could put one on my face and I'd be dead in a minute. He starts to yell at me and tell me to fight.

“Today is the day little one. Let’s do this.”

“Alright! Bring it on!” I scream back at him.

We start to fight and he is very strong. Soon during the fight he is lifted off the ground and set back down all the way across the field. I look to find the person who did this and find a small girl standing there crying. No!

“ANNABEL?” I scream.

“Cameron. I thought you were a good guy! I guess not! Go ahead and kill me!” Annabel screams back at me.

“Annabel. I didn't know you were here. I'm not a bad guy. My grandfather is the leader and I have to follow him unless I wanted to be killed. Just believe me.”

“Whatever. Just leave me alone and never talk to me again. Go and kill everyone like you were going to if I wasn't here.” She storms away. I watch where she goes and head right over there. Not to see her but to see my father.

This isn't the first time my father has almost died in this one war. Sam died trying to save him. I run over to my father as he hits the ground.

“DAD!” I scream. I look at the guy who did it. “YOU! I WILL KILL YOU!”

I completely forgot Annabel was here. “And you said you were a good guy.” She looks at the guy standing there mortified. “Go and find Kristen. Sam died today and she is going to need you.” She leaves.
I look around and find everyone has a fighting partner. The war has been going on for hours now. The sun is now going down. People are dead now. If they are on the ground they are definitely dead now. People are dying for no reason. They are dying just because someone told them to go and kill. It was what they were born into. It is a horrible thing that happens in this world. I don't understand how people can volunteer for this.
I find some small man killing my grandfather when I look around again. I wish I could have super speed like some of these super people. I run as fast as I can over to my grandpa. He is on the ground as I get there and so is the boy. He looks my age and looks very tired. I run over to my grandpa and whisper to him.

“Grandpa. I know that you are trying to stay in the footsteps of your ancestors but I think it is time to stop this.” He knows exactly what I mean by this.
I hear small footsteps behind me and I know they are Annabel’s. She goes over to the boy and lifts him up and hugs him. He holds her tight. I look back at my grandpa. He is thinking.
Finally he comes to his senses and he agrees. “Tell your mother and grandmother I love them very much and did this for them. And you! I love you kid.” Those were his last words. I wish I could have said the same to him but he knows I love him.
I get up and give Annabel a big smile. I know who their leader is and head straight over to him. James, who was my trainer the first week, is trying to kill him. I quick run to him and get James off of him and tell him the news. He gets up very quickly and doesn't ask any questions.

“I am Carl. I can read minds and I am the leader of The International Super Defence Squad. Thank you for asking your grandfather. Everyone will appreciate this.” He goes up to a large rock and starts to get everyones attention. Everyone stops because they can tell something is up. “I want to tell all of you to stop fighting. I know that I am sick of the SINS starting war just so they can “take over the world”. Today we all lost someone we love. I know I have lost a few and I will miss them very much. Before Frank Smith died today he had told his grandson Cameron that this has got to stop. He was just carrying on the tradition of his father and grandfather. Luckily Cameron found me before I was the next dead. He told me what was said to him by his grandfather. Now I am here to tell all of you that it is time to stop all of this. We hope that we can all become friends and use our skills for good uses only and not for wars. We will be contacting all of the other groups and telling them it is over and time to stop.” All head houses are stationed here in London, luckily. “I want all of you to make peace and talk to the other people that you would have never talked to before. This is a time that people who were generations before us would never imagine.

Everyone listened better than I thought. They are all moving around and talking to each other. I find my friends and hug them. They were very happy it is over and very sad that Sam is gone. After a while I try to find Annabel. She is with a group that she always with. I really need to talk to her. I start to head over to her. I think over what I'm going to say I don't know how many times. I get over to her too soon.

“HERE HE COMES!” I hear Kristen scream. Maybe it was a bad idea to come over here. Everyone starts to leave as I get over there. I start to get nervous as I head over to her. I try to approach her as nicely as I can. I get to her and can feel the biggest smile I have ever had before.

“I’m sorry if you still think I am the bad guy. I hope you know that if my grandfather would have said no I would’ve just left so I could be with you.”

“I know. I'm sorry too for calling you a bad buy. Thank you for doing this. You really did it for me?” She said very happy.

“For you and Sam. Sam would have wanted it to end so he could be with Kristen. I'm pretty upset that he died but very happy it wasn't you.” I pull her into a hug. I kiss her on the forehead. “There is something I have wanted to do for a long time.” I start to smile bigger. “Will you be my girlfriend?”

“I guess I should since you did this for me.” I can't do this anymore. The tears start to come. “What’s wrong?”

“My father and grandfather won't be coming home with me. I have to call every house in the world and tell them to stop fighting, to find you guys and make peace. This is going to be very hard.” She wipes my tears away and tells me it’s ok.

“I will be by your side the whole time. Now I need you by my side. I need to tell Carl some bad news. Please come with me.”

“I will be too.” We walk over to Carl and she tells him the new and that we are going to my house. Its not a long trip I just hope I can tell my mom and grandma.

Chapter 19: Annabel

The SINS house isn't as far away as everyone thought. I was probably three miles or so away. We walk inside and Cameron finds his grandma and mother. They grab him into a hug which is so tight that his face turns red.

“Where is your father and grandfather? Why is it done so fast?” His mother asked, pulling away.

“They are gone. Before grandpa passed I asked him if we could stop. Make everything better. He agreed and said to tell you that he loved you both.” He started to cry again.

“Where is Sam?” Screams a woman that I'm assuming is his mother.

“Mrs. Warner. I'm sorry to tell you but he didn't make it.”

She starts to weep and looks my way. “Who is this? She wasn't in this house this morning. She is from the ISDS aren't you?! You killed my Sam. You came to tell me this so I could kill you myself, didn't you!” She comes running to me and tries to grab me by the neck. Before she gets to me I pick her up and land her next to his grandma.

“How did you do that? The same way you killed my Sam?”

“No ma’am. I didn't kill Sam. I would never do that. I knew Sam because my best friend is his girlfriend. He was a good guy and one of the reasons Cameron talked to his grandfather to stop everything. My name is Annabel James. I am part of the International Super Defense Squad, but we don't kill for the fun of it. We don't kill for any reason except self defence and for the other people in the world that can't protect themselves like we can. I'm very sorry about your son.”

“Mom, Grandma, Mrs. Warner. Sam died protecting my father. He died protecting someone who would protect him, too.”

“I’m sorry Miss James.” Mrs. Warner apologies, to me, “I think I remember my husband telling me about your parents. They were the ones who could tell the future couldn't they?”

“Yes. How did they know?”

“They were one of the first to die and were the leaders right?”

“Yes they were. I miss them everyday. I'm sorry about your son too.”

She walks away and finds another family to be sad with. I think one man is her husband because she starts to weep on his shoulder.

“Mom. This is Annabel. Her superpower is to move things with her mind. She is my girlfriend.”

His mother smiles at him, she turns to me, “You are welcome to stay for dinner if you'd like.”

“Thank you very much. I would like that.”

“Cam. Come help us in the kitchen.” His mother tells him.

“Mom, I have to call every house in the world. I will help you if I can get done fast enough.” Cameron tells his mother. We leave them and he tells me to follow him.

We head down a long hallway with lots of different doors. This house is huge and I think most people get their own rooms. We turn down another hallway. We stop at a large, blue door.

“This is my room. You may come in if you'd like but if you don't want to you can stay out here. I'm going to grab the phone book and we will head to the head room.”

“I will come in. I don't want to get attacked again.”

I walk inside his room and it is a large room. He has a huge window that you can see the entire back yard with lots of children playing. There is a jumbo dresser with all the drawers open. His room is quite a mess. I want to clean it quickly before he turns around. So I do. Everything has a place and I finish making his bulky bed as he turns around.

“What happened?” he says looking around.

“I’m sorry. I'm very OCD and I have powers. It was a quick, simple job.”

“Thank you!” He grabs me into an enormous hug. “My mother has wanted me to clean it for about two years. I just never have time. How come I couldn't of met you sooner?”
“I'm not sure. You ready to make some phone calls?”

“No, I'm not but I guess I have to. I won't make you call anyone because they wouldn't listen to a woman unless it was about food or something. They don't treat women like a real man would. I was raised in a family that does but my family still obeyed by the rules and didn't send any women to battle. Lets go.”

Don't listen to women? We Super Troopers split everything up. We have a male and a female chef and servers. We don't leave it all for the women to handle. After a while they switch. If someone is sick it usually doesn't last long. We have Harold that every hospital in the world would love. He can heal anything and everything from a common cold to the swine flu to heart attacks to scarlet fever. Nothing that doctors can't heal like cancer and he can't bring people back from the dead but he can heal as fast as two hours for the worst cases.

We get down the long hall from his room and go left to another long hall and go to the biggest french doors I have ever seen. They are massive brown doors with gold handles. The handles are at least the size of my head. We open them and walk into what looks like a control center. I always knew they were richer than any of our groups but I never knew they were this rich. There were T.V.s and computers and phones everywhere.

“This is the control center. We can monitor what every SINS home does at all times. Usually someone is in here but he left with us and won't be coming back. This is the screen for Dej, Romania. Over here is the screen for Beijing, China. That over there is for Abanka, Russia. The biggest is for Tokyo, Japan. The smallest is for Bago, Burma. Which should we start with?” He has given me so much information that if we were still fighting I would run straight home and tell Carl all of this. I eventually zoned out while he told me all of this.
“Annabel?”
“What?” I say snapping out of it.

“Which should we start with?”

“The smallest one. It will be the easiest.”

“Burma it is.” He starts to dial a number on the touch screen. Someone shows up on the screen.

“Hello Abraham. How are you? You are looking much younger these days. What are you doing?”

“Hello Mi. This is his son, Cameron. I am fine. How are you?”

“Fine but now I am quite worried that something has happened. What is it young one?”

“Today we fought the ISDS. My father and grandfather died today. My grandfather told me to stop it all and tell everyone else that it is over and everything is done. We are done with all the fighting.”

“If these are the direct orders from Frank Smith himself we shall obey them and we will be done. I hope they know this too. Anything else son?”

“No sir that is all. Talk to you soon.” That was it. No one put up a fight. He called four other men. Jiang from China, Kamatari from Japan, Ioan from Romania and Aleksander from Russia. They all said the same thing, “Whatever Mr. Frank Smith said we will obey.”

Chapter 20: Cameron

Our house isn't far away from their house. I get there and I find my grandma and mother. They come over to me and hug me so tight that I'm sure my face turns red. I can't breathe but I can't let go because I know they will ask about my dad. They let go and I'm sure that the dreaded question is coming.

“Where is your grandfather? Where is your father? Why did it end so quickly?” My mother asked.

“They are gone. Before Grandpa passed I asked him if we could stop. Make everything better. He agreed and said that he loved you both.” I started to cry. I hate crying in front of my mother because she always starts to cry, too.

“WHERE IS SAM?” Screams Sam’s mom, Mrs. Warner.

“Mrs. Warner. I'm sorry to tell you but he is gone.” She starts to cry very hard. She turns and looks at Annabel.

“Who is this? She wasn't in this house this morning! She is from them! You killed my Sam. You came to tell me this so I could kill you myself, didn't you.” She starts to go towards Annabel’s neck. Before I can get in front of her she is lifted off the ground and goes right back to where she was in the first place. “How did you do that? The same way you killed my Sam?”

“No ma’am. I didn't kill your Sam. I would never do that. I knew Sam because his best friend was his girlfriend. He was a good guy and one of the reasons Cameron talked his grandfather into stopping everything. My name is Annabel James. I am a part of the International Super Defense Squad, but we don't kill for fun. We don't kill for any reason except self defense and for the other people that can't protect themselves like we can. I'm very sorry about your son.” Annabel tells them.

“Mom, Grandma, Mrs. Warner. Sam died protecting my father. He died and didn't get to tell the girl of his dreams that he loves her. He died protecting someone who would have protected him, too.”

“I'm very sorry Miss James for blaming you. I think I remember my husband telling me about your parents. They were the ones who could tell the future couldn't they?”

“Yes. How did they know?”

“They were the first to die and they were the leaders weren't they?”

“They were and I miss them everyday. I'm sorry about your son too.”

Mrs. Warner walks away and finds someone else to cry and whine with.

“Mom this is Annabel. Her superpower is to move things with her mind. She is my girlfriend, now. She is the one I was telling you about.” I tell my mom.

My mother smiles. She turns to Annabel. “You are welcome to stay for dinner if you'd like.”

“Thank you very much. I would like that very much.”

“Cam. Come help us in the kitchen.”

“Mom. I can't remember? I have to go and call every house in the world. If I get done fast enough, I can come and help.” We leave and head to my room. There are so many halls that if you were trying to find someone and you never step foot in this house you would get lost very quickly. Once we get to my door I turn around to make sure she is still behind me.

“This is my room. You may come in if you'd like but if you don't I won't be in here long. I just have to get my phone book.”

“I think I will come in. I don't want to get attacked again.”

My room is a mess. I haven't cleaned it since I started my training for real war. I look through my selves and my dresser. Once I find it I turn around. I look around and my room is spotless.
“What happened?” I ask her suspiciously.
“I’m sorry. I'm very OCD and I have powers. It was very quick and simple.” She smiles.
“THANK YOU!” I grabbed her into an enormous hug and squished her. “My mother has wanted me to clean this room for almost two years! I don't have any time to clean it though. How come I couldn't of met you sooner?”

“I’m not sure.But I wish we would have!” She winks. “You ready to make some phone calls?”

“No but I guess we have to. I won't make you call anyone because they won't listen to you. They don't listen to women unless it is about cooking or cleaning. Most of our groups don't like to give women rights. And some can't help it because of where they live.”

We head to the control center. It’s not far from my room but you still have to turn corners a lot. This room is jam packed with too many things. T.V.s, computers, GPS’, etc.

“This is the control center.” I tell her when we get there. I can tell she is amazed how much is in the room and how big our house is. “We can see what every SINS home does at all times. Usually someone is in here but he left with us and won't be coming back. This is the screen for Dej, Romania. Over here is the screen for Beijing, China. That over there is for Abanka, Russia. The biggest is for Tokyo, Japan and The smallest screen is for Bago, Burma. Which should we start with?” I look at Annabel. I know that this was a lot to hear but I didn't think it was so much that she would zone out. But she did. “ANNABEL?”

“What?” She snapped out of it.

“Which should we start with?”

“I guess the smallest one. It will be easiest.”

“Burma it is.” I don't understand what she meant by easiest. They all will be easy. Once my dad or grandpa say something in command it is to be followed. I dial the number on the screen and as soon as it rings once Mi answers the phone. Mi is the leader of Bago, Burma’s house. His face shows up on the screen. He is older than my grandpa was. very wrinkled with one of the strongest accents I have ever heard.

“Hello Abraham. How are you? You are looking much younger these days. What are you doing?” I really hope he doesn't see Annabel. He will wonder who she is because he has been here and knows everyone in this house, except the little one’s.

“I’m fine but now I am worried that something has happened. What is it young one?”

“Today we were to fight the International Super Defense Squad. My father and grandfather died today. My grandfather told me to stop it all and tell everyone else that it is over and everything is done. We are done with all the fighting.”

“If these are the direct orders from Frank Smith himself we shall obey them and we will be done. I hope everyone else knows this too. Anything else son?”

“No, sir that is all. Have a great day. Talk to you soon.”

This is what happened for every other house. Jiang from China, Kamatari from Japan, Ioan from Romania, and Aleksander from Russia. If they were to put up a fight they would be removed from head spot and put in a lower level. No one would like that to happen. I don't understand why you would want to be in charge. Especially Japan. They have close to 2500 people living in three houses. I wouldn't want to be in charge of everyone.

“You ready for dinner?” I ask Annabel. She is still in shock.

“We are done?” She says with the most confused look I have ever seen.

“Yeah. Easy huh?”

“Very easy. Our house could take up to an hour for each house. They will put up a fight and ask a lot of questions.”

“If any of these people ask questions or put up a fight they will be taken down from leader and that house will get a new leader. Come on now. My mother will be waiting.”

We walk down the three long hallways to get the dining hall. Everyone is filling in. They all take their seats at different tables. When we first moved here we really wanted it to be one table but that would never have enough room to fit everyone. Even with the people who passed today we still wouldn't have room. We all have certain tables that we sit at. I sit with the guys that I go to training with. It was strange to have Annabel sit with us. There are six seats here and Annabel sat in Sam’s. I thought that everyone at this table was going to cry. I know we all will when they talk about what has happened today and who we should pray for.

“Today we are thankful for Cameron who talked to his grandfather to stop all of this madness.” Started my mom. “We are very sad that it had to be after a few of us died today. I know that they will be missed. But let’s look on the bright side. We still have each other to lean on. I want to say a prayer for everyone that is with us now and a prayer for the ones who aren't.” My mother starts to cry. I get up and head to the front of the room where she is and start the prayer.

“Dear God, We would like to thank you for letting us share this meal with each other and for keeping most of us alive. We did everything we could but it was too late. Thank you for giving us great life. Amen.” That was my prayer. This will be the second time that I have cried in front of Annabel but some part of me tells me that a real man does cry and she doesn't mind.

“Thank you son. I would also like to say a couple more things. First of all I want to tell everyone who lost someone they love today that everything will be ok and that we all have each other. I know this will be hard to deal with for now. But it will get better. Also I want to welcome Annabel into our house. Sweetie, you are always welcome.” Everyone starts to clap.

Once I get back to my seat all the guys are crowded around Annabel. I get through them and she is crying very hard. I get them to get away from her and I hug her.

“After dinner I want to take you somewhere.” I tell Annabel. I was planning on taking her to the fountain that my father and I built three years ago.

“Where are you taking me?” She questioned.

“It’s a surprise.” I tell taking her hand up to the serving table.

Dinner went quickly. Everyone wanted to be back in their separate ways. It got over around six. I take Annabel by the hand and take her though our little forest to this open area where my old tree house is and where the fountain is. She sees it and starts smiling. It’s like she could read my mind.

“What are you thinking?” I ask her.

“I think that you are going to take me over to the fountain and we will talk.”

“That’s all?”

“Yes?” She tells me with a questionable look on her face.

“Ok.” I take her over to the fountain and sit down. She sits next to me and looks at me. “I have wanted to tell you something for a really long time.” I look at her straight in the eyes, “I really like you. I hope that today was something special for you besides the deaths.” She looks up. This is the time. I think to myself. I kiss her. She comes closer to me and she kisses me back. I wish I could pause this moment.

“CAMERON! Dude let’s go and shoot some hoops.” Adam screams. He found us. Annabel jumps about three feet and we stop the kiss. I want to go over to him and kill him.

“I'm sorry. They are jerks and don't have girlfriends. They get jealous sometimes.”

“It’s ok. I have to go anyway. I bet Carl will make me do a speech or something. I really should get back to my family.” She tells me and kisses me goodbye.

Chapter 21: Annabel

The SINS house is huge! We get to the dining hall and it is enormous. It has at least seven tables. Our house only has one. Cameron takes my hand and guides me to his “usual” table. This table is like the table we sit around at school. I am used to being surrounded by guys. I sat at a table of most guys at home too. By the looks of it everyone is ready to cry. I was about to, too. If someone starts to talk about today I know I will. Which they would. Who wouldn't. Cameron’s mother gets up and heads over to a microphone.

“Today we are thankful for Cameron who talked his grandfather into stopping all of this madness. We are very sad that it had to be after a few of us died today. I know that they will be missed. But let’s look on the bright side. We still have each other to lean on. I want to say a prayer for everyone that is with us now and a prayer for the ones who aren't.” She started to cry. I was really touching and I feel bad for her. She lost her husband and her father.Cameron gets up and head up to his mother.
He hugs her and starts the prayer. “Dear God, We thank you for letting us share this meal with each other and for keeping most of us alive. We did everything we could but it was too late. Thank you for giving us great life. Amen.”
I was expecting more. Usually our prayers are longer and everyone says something. But this prayer really touched me. I thought of all the lives lost today. I started to cry and everyone at this table seemed to notice. They started looking at me and some you could see tears in their eyes too. They asked me many times if I was ok. I didn't answer. I wanted to hear the rest of the speech. His mother gets up and wipes her tears away.
“Thank you son. I want to say a couple other things. For everyone who lost someone they love today, it will be ok. Everything will get better and you have all of us to help you get through it. We will be here for you. It will take sometime to get it out of your mind that whenever someone talks about it you won't cry. It will all be ok. I would also like to welcome Annabel into our house. You are always welcome, Sweetie.” Everyone started to clap.
Cameron gets back to his seat and realized that all the guys from our table are crowded around me. He gets them to move away and gets me out of my seat. He makes sure I'm ok, hugs me and clears away my tears.
“I want to take you somewhere after dinner.” He whispers in my ear.
“Where are you taking me?”
“It’s a surprise.” He gives me a wink and takes me to get food.
Dinner went quick and it was delicious. We said our goodbyes to everyone and they all head their separate ways for the night.
He takes me by the hand and leads me out of the house. He takes me to an open area and it has a beautiful blue fountain. I look around and see an old brown tree house and I'm assuming it was little Cameron’s. I smile.
“What are you thinking?” He asks me straight in my eyes.
“You can't read minds?” I giggle, “I’m thinking we are going to go sit on the fountain and talk.”
“That’s all? Really?”
“Yes?”
“Ok.” We sit on the fountain’s rim. He looks straight into my eyes. “I have wanted to tell you something for a long time. I hope that today was something special for you besides all the deaths.” I look up at him. He leans in and kisses me. I get the biggest butterflies I have ever gotten before.
“CAMERON! Dude let’s go and shoot some hoops!” Some guy screams at Cameron. I jump about three feet and pull away from the kiss.
“I’m sorry. They are jerks and don't have girlfriends. Sometimes they can get a little jealous.”
“It’s ok. I have to go anyway. I should get back to my family.” I get up, kiss him and head home for the long night.

Chapter 22: Cameron
Once Annabel left I did go and shoot hoops for a while. Just to clear my mind. The guys thought that it was funny that she left. They just thought that she would get annoyed and snap at them. They wanted her to use her powers on them.

“You guys do realize that she didn't leave just because of you. She had to go home, anyway. And you do know that she wouldn't use her powers on you unless she had to. Which she doesn't have to.” I snap at them. They seem to get annoyed but I don't care.

“You think that just because your girlfriend has come here that you are some almighty person huh?”

“No. I know that I have a girlfriend and I don't parade her around like you would. And I am almighty. I have the power over all of you. I was upgraded to the head leader.”
“Whatever dude. Let’s just finish the game. Two on two.” Adam can be such a jerk.

We go in from playing hoops pretty late and I head to my mother’s room. I know she will be pretty lonely tonight because my father isn't there. I get in there and my mother is on my dad’s side of the bed crying her eyes out. I get over to her and she starts hugging me even tighter than she did before I left.

“Mom what’s wrong?”

“This was what your father was going to give me for our anniversary tonight isn't it?” She says holding up the box from Tiffany's that my father bought her. And was in fact going to give it to her tonight. On their twenty fifth anniversary.

“Yes it was. I'm sorry mom. Where did you find it?”

“It was under my pillow.” She starts to blow her nose. “I can't open it.”

“Just open it. There is a note in there too.” I tell her.

She opens it. She reads the note and figures out that there were two tickets reserved for her and my father to go to tokyo. He was going to have a little ceremony so they could renew their vows. She didn't know the surprise and wouldn't have ever found out about. She opens the box and sees a locket that has his vows written on the inside. She tears up again and tells me it’s time for my bedtime but I know she just wants to be alone. I kiss her on the head and tell her I love her. I leave the room and before I get to my room I pass Sam’s. The door is cracked and I can see the light from inside. I figure his mother is in there but once I get inside I don't see his mother. I see someone else.
“KRISTEN?” I say as loud as I can in a whisper.
“Cameron? What the hell are you doing in here?” She whispers back.
“I think I should ask you that question first. How did you get in here?”
“I always knew where this was I just never brave enough to come over
here and see Sam. Now that I can I can't see him. I miss him. Why are you in here?”

“I am in here because I thought that his mother was in here. I was going to take her to bed. How did you know where his room was?”

“Well I saw you and Annabel a couple rooms down and this was the only room that there was no lights besides yours. By the way someone turned on your light and was in their for a while.”

“It was probably my mother.”

We talk for a while and she leaves through the window. I was weird being in his room without him. I leave and head to my room. I sit there for a while. I get dressed for bed and call Annabel. We talk on the phone for awhile and she ends up falling asleep. Kristen gets the phone and tells me that she fell asleep and she will tell her to call me tomorrow. I can't go and talk to Sam for the night so I turn on the T.V. in my room and try and fall asleep. I fall off my bed and end up asleep on the floor.

Chapter 23:Annabel

When I get home from Cameron’s house I go and find Carl. Carl is where I expected him. In his room on the floor crying. The war before this his wife died and now his daughter is dead. He has nothing now. I go over to him and start to comfort him.

“Carl there is nothing we can do. Let’s be happy that it will never happen again.” I tell him. I know that this won't help him.

“Just because it’s over doesn't mean that you won't die in the real world. I have been your legal guardian since you were seven. I can't afford to lose you too. I love you like you were my own daughter.”

“I love you like you were my own father too. But you can't worry about me. I will be ok. And so will you. I think dinner is ready. Let’s go. You and I need to make a speech.”

We walk out of his room and I start to cry too. I look for Kristen once we get into the dining hall but she isn't there. I ask Mitchell where she is and he says that she is probably in her room crying. I figured that’s where she was. I sat down in my usual spot at the table and begin to cry too. I lost a few best friends and it’s hard not to. Jon comes over to me and hugs me. Carl starts his speech and it drags on about every war he has been in. It was very boring and soon he calls me up to say something.

“I would like to tell all of you that I love you. You guys have been with me through the ups and downs. I'm so glad that Cameron stopped it and we can all share this moment. I would like to take a moment of silence for those who we lost today in battle.” We sit in silence for a few moments until Carl gets up and tells us that dinner is ready. He thanked me and told me to go sit down.

After dinner I decide to take some up to Kristen. Once I get to my room I start to open my door but Jon catches up with me and stops me. We talk for awhile about everything. Jon has liked Kristen for as long as I can remember and I know she has had a little crush on him too. I told him that I will talk to her about it but now she needs to get over Sam. We hug and head our separate ways. I walk into my room to Kristen half way in the window.

“What are you doing?” I almost yell at her.

“Coming in the window. You?”

“At the moment I'm coming in from dinner that you missed. I also I guess I should wonder why you are coming in the window.”

“Well I followed you to Cameron’s house because I wanted to find Sam’s mother. Also I went into his room and cried. Is that so weird?”

“Yes it is weird. Why didn't you just come in with me? Sam’s mother isn't the nicest lady anyway. You wouldn't have wanted to meet her. She tried to strangle me.”

“She WHAT?!” Kristen questions in a very loud voice.

“She tried to strangle me.” I try to quiet her down.

“Well I guess it’s a good thing I didn't go find her and talk to her.”

“Yeah lucky you. I'm going to bed. It’s been a long day and I'm really tired. You should too.” And with that the lights went out.

Chapter 24: Cameron

I woke up today with a smile on my face. Today is the day. The day I'm graduating. Annabel and I have been together for a year and a half now. She and I are both going Birkbeck University of London next year. She is going for designing fashion and I am going with a full scholarship from football and I'm going for business. I got out of bed and get into my dress clothes. It starts at three and we are supposed to be there at two. Right now it is eleven and I have to get ready quickly. I head downstairs and get four pancakes. I sit down on the floor in the kitchen and eat it. My mother comes in and yells at me because I was on the floor in my dress clothes. It gets annoying when I can't even sit on the ground without her yelling at me.

I get up and go fix my hair. My mom finds me again and yells at me for taking too much time. It is one- thirty at the moment and she thinks that we have to leave now. Luckily my grandma is just now getting lunch and won't be done for awhile. I decide to call Annabel and ask her if she needs a ride. She of course didn't. Carl, Kristen, Jon, Harold and Mitchell are going and taking her. My grandma gets ready too quickly and we leave way too early. We get there at a decent time. It is almost two and luckily Annabel is there. She looks beautiful.

“Hey babe. How are you? You look beautiful.” I tell her giving her a hug.

“Thanks! I'm fine. A little nervous. I think I might cry. How are you?”

“Fine. I'm just happy its almost over.”

We talk for awhile and it is already three. We are in our robes and ready to go. We get to walk together thankfully because if she was to walk alone or with someone else I know she would have fallen. The speeches and everything went on forever and finally it was time to walk. I was nervous that she was going to fall on stage as she walks across to get her diploma. Once they call my name I get up and my mum and grandma start to scream. So does the football team. I walk across the stage and grab my diploma. I put my arms in the air and scream. I was so happy that it was done. No longer having to get up and go to school. I can live in a dorm and do whatever I want. Once I get off the stage I go and sit back by Annabel. I was so worried that she would fall up the stairs. They call her name and I knew I had to be worried.

Once she gets to the stairs alright I thought the stairs would give her the most trouble. She gets up two out of the four steps and that third one she didn't realize that it was there. She gets to it and misses it, trips and falls. She hits the fourth step and I can tell that she broke something. The whole crowd gasps and I run over to her and help her up. I take my sleeve and wipe her nose. It is bleeding like crazy.

“Do you still want to walk?”

“Of course I do.” She takes off her shoes and tells me to hold them. She wipes her tears away and walks across the stage with a smile full of blood.

Our graduation doesn't go by last name, just how we line up. So luckily she was the last one. Everyone gets up because it is over and I can tell that Carl wants to take Annabel somewhere so Harold can heal her. But we wait until everyone but my family and her’s are left in the school. Harold starts to fix her nose and I can't look without puking. It was gross but she knew it had to be done and that otherwise she of had to go to the hospital. Apparently hospitals for them are not a good idea to go too.

After Harold was done we were ready to relax. I decided to take Annabel out to dinner. We didn't want to go anywhere near our school so people wouldn't wonder what happened to her nose. We head to Lambeth, London for a high end dinner. We get inside and she asks me a lot of questions.

“Are you sure this is the restaurant? This seems very expensive. Can you afford this? Do you want me to pay for myself? Do-” I stop her.

“No you are fine. I got it covered. This is where my father and mother first met.” I smile at her and kiss her forehead. She smiles back to me and grabs my hand. I lead her inside and head to where the host is standing.

“Welcome to The Four O Nine, how can I help you? Do you have a reservation?” He looks between Annabel and I. After he looks at me he smiles at Annabel.

“Yes. Smith for two.”

“Your seats are ready sir.” He walks us over to our table. He walks away after he tells us that our waiter or waitress will be with us soon.
Our waitress makes her way over with a huge fake smile.“Hello. My name is Brittany and I will be your server.” She says very annoyed. “Can I get you anything to drink? We have a great variety of wine.”

“We would like some water please.” I say. I figured thats all she would want. We are allowed to have wine but we have talked about it and her nor I like the taste.

“Ok. I will be right back with that.” She leaves.

“What are you getting?” She asked me.

“My usual. The roast beef. What are you getting babe?”

“I think I'm going to get Quattro formaggi ravioli.” She smiles. “Do you think it’s too much? Do you know how big it is? Is it too expensive?

“That is what my mom usually gets. She loves it. It’s not that big either. And there is no budget tonight.” The waiter comes back and gives us our waters.

“Are you ready to order or do you guys need a minute?”

“I think we are ready.” Annabel says quickly looking at me. “I will have the Quattro formaggi ravioli with the wild mushrooms. Please.”

“And for you sir.” She looks at me.

“Just the Roast beef with roast potatoes. Please.”

“Ok. I will get them out to you as soon as I can.”

She walks away and doesn't come back for over a half an hour.

“That took forever!” Annabel tells me after she leaves. It did take awhile.

We ate our food and Annabel absolutely loved it. The waitress came back once and that was when we were all done. I don't like when waiters or waitresses only check up on you once.

“Do you want dessert?” She looks between the two of us.

“I’m stuffed. Cam?”

“No we are finished. Can we get the bill please?”

“Yep. I will get it to you here.” She gives us the bill. It wasn't as expensive as I thought it would have been. I go up to the counter and pay. They were very nice there and I think that Annabel enjoyed eating there.

“I loved that. Thank you hon for tonight.” She kisses my cheek and holds my hand on the way to my car.
As soon as we got to her house I looked at the stairs and Kristen is sitting there. I was only eight. She kisses me, tells me she loves me and tells me to call her tomorrow. She runs up the stairs and once she is half way in the door she turns back around and waves.
I get home and I can tell that my family wanted me home before this. It was still only eight.
“Where have you been?” My mother interrogates me.
“We went to the Four O Nine. It is only eight. You can still make that dessert that you wanted to make me.” I tell her.

“Why didn't you tell me what restaurant you were going to?”
“Because I didn't know if she wouldn't have wanted to go around here or not. Because of the nose thing. So at the last minute I decided to drive out there and take her to the Four O Nine.”
“Ok. Well I did make that dessert if you want some.”
“Thank you mum. Love you.”
I walk into the kitchen and eat the most amazing tiramisu. It is the best dessert and always will be. I get done with dessert and kiss my mum goodnight. And off to bed after a long day seems to be the best thing.

Chapter 25: Annabel
Graduation Day! I get up at eleven thirty with excitement. Kristen is already awake and reading like usual. I was very excited. Cameron and I have been dating for a year and a half now. I love how he is more excited about graduation than anyone. He told me that he was going to scream and put his hands in the air when he gets his diploma. He is such a weirdo.
“You ready for today?” Kristen asks me once she realizes I'm awake.
“I think so. I'm really nervous. But excited it’s all over.” Kristen’s graduation was last weekend. I went to her’s so she decided that she was going to come to mine.
“Well don't be nervous. It will be over before you know it.”
“I'm scared about my shoes. I love them so much but they are pretty high and I'm scared that I'm going to fall flat on my face!”
“You will be fine. Nothing bad but tears and a little make up running will happen.”
I get ready and eat some breakfast. After I eat I head to my room to get ready for today. I slip on my beautiful dress and my shoes. We have to be at the school at two o’clock. It is one-thirty right now. I get back in my room and Cameron calls me. He wants to know if I need a ride. I tell him I don't because Carl, Harold, Kristen, Jon and Mitchell are coming too. Kristen and Jon started dating about four months after Sam died. He had been there for her more than I was and she started to like him more and more.
We get there and Cameron is there. “Hey babe. How are you? You look beautiful.” He says hugging me.
“Thanks! I'm fine. I'm a little nervous. I think I might cry. How are you?”
“Fine. I'm so happy it’s over after today.”
We talk for awhile and I tell him that I think I might fall on the way up the stairs. Soon it is three and we are ready to process in. We get into our robes and were getting ready for procession. I hold on to Cameron’s arm. We start to walk in and I can feel my ankle twist. We get to stand in any order that we want and they will go by that for how we go up and get our diplomas. Everyone goes before Cameron then it’s me. It’s Cameron’s turn to go now. Once he walks across the stage and gets his paper he puts his arms in the air and screams. His family and all of the football team joins in. I sit there and blush for him. Now it’s my turn. I walk up to the steps and there are four of them. I get up the first two and the worst thing possible happens. I tripped and fell straight on my nose. I hear a crack and I know that it broke. Everyone in the audience gasps and I can see Cameron running up to me to see if I'm ok. He helps me up and looks at me. I open my mouth to talk and the blood rushes in my mouth. It’s really embarrassing. Cameron wipes it with his dress shirt. That is why I love him. He will risk getting blood on his expensive dress shirt for me.
“Do you still want to walk?” He asks me. Why wouldn't I?

“Of course I do.” So I take off my shoes and tell him to hold them. I wipe my tears away and get the last of the blood away and walk across the stage with a smile on my face.
I know that I won't need to go to the hospital because Harold is here. He can heal it in under an hour. Once everyone leaves we head to the car and he heals it right in the car. It’s not very hard for me to help him when it’s someone else but when it’s yourself it does hurt. A lot. He told me that he has to break my nose again and then he can put it back in place. I can tell that Cameron doesn't like it. He is pacing around and looking at me to make sure I'm ok. I am not ok. It hurts really bad and I can't wait until he is done.
After Harold is done Cameron tells me to tell Carl I will be back later because he is taking me to dinner in Lambeth. Lambeth is a very expensive place. Once we get to the restaurant I ask Cameron lots of questions.
“Are you sure this is the restaurant? This seems very expensive. Can you afford this? Do you want me to pay for myself? Do-” He stops me with a kiss.

“No you are fine. I got it covered. This is where my father and mother first met.” He smiles at me and kisses my forehead. I smile back and grab his hand. He leads me inside and we head to where the host is standing.

“Welcome to The Four O Nine, how can I help you? Do you have a reservation?” He looks between us. After he looks at Cameron he smiles at me. I can tell Cameron doesn't like it.

“Yes. Smith for two.”

“We would like some water please.” Cam says for the two of us. That was what I was going to say anyway so I don't mind.

“What are you getting?” I ask him.

“I think I'm going to get Quattro formaggi ravioli. Do you know if it’s good? Do you think it would be too much? Is it too expensive?” He smiles at me. It looks delicious.

“That is what my mom usually gets. She loves it. It will be perfect size for you. And no. It’s not too expensive. There is no budget tonight” The waitress comes back and gives us our waters.

“I think we are ready.” I say quickly looking at Cam. Afraid I said that too quickly. “I will have the Quattro formaggi ravioli with the wild mushrooms. Please.”

“And for you sir.”

“That took forever!”I tells him after she leaves.

We ate our food and I absolutely loved it. She came back once and that was when we were all done.

“I’m stuffed. Cam?”

“Yep. I will get it to you here.” She gives us the bill. I don't get to see it of course.

“I loved that. Thank you hon for tonight.” I kiss his cheek and hold his hand on the way to his car after we paid.
As soon as we get to my house I look at the stairs and Kristen is sitting there. It was only eight. I kiss him and tell him to call me tomorrow. I run up the stairs and once I get half way in the door I turn back around and wave.
“How did it go? Where did you go? What did you eat?” Kristen interrogates me as I walk in the door.

“We went to the Four O Nine in Lambeth. It was great. I had a really good ravioli. How was your night?” It was her and Jon’s one year anniversary.

“Oh I'm so jealous. It went GREAT! He made me dinner and we ate outside under our tree. He is so romantic.” She blushes really bad. I wish that Cameron would do that but, I think he would rather go out.

“That is so sweet. Speaking of Jon. Do you know where the boys are?”

“I think they are in their room. I'm going to sleep. Tell Jon that I am and that I love him.” She walks away and I head to their room.

I find them in their room like she said. I knock on the door. “Who is it?” I hear Mitchell yell.

“Annabel. Can I come in?”

“Of course. Is everything ok?” Jon asks when he opens the door.

“Yeah. I'm fine. I just wanted to see you guys.” Mitchell comes over to me and hugs me. He is the saddest that I am leaving to go to college soon.

“How was your night?” Mitchell asks me inviting me to sit on his bed.

I sit down and tell them the same thing I told Kristen. I ask Jon how his date was. He also says the same as Kristen. Mitchell started to date a younger girl in the house, Kaitlyn. I ask him if he was with her tonight. Of course they were. She is constantly attached to his hip. After about an hour talking to them I go off to my room. As a college student.

Epilogue:

Annabel and Cameron both graduated at the top of their classes. They began their lives together when he asked her to marry him on their six year anniversary. She said yes of course and they had a beautiful wedding. The wedding was in a beautiful church in Wandsworth. Their honeymoon was in Paris, France. Their lives are great. Annabel is a major fashion designer in Merton and Cameron is the CEO of a large company. They have one little boy named Sam. He is four years old now and has the ability to see the future. He also is being trained by the best person to train him. Cameron. Sam learns about the past battles but knows that they won't ever start again. He knows how to use his powers usefully and has promised to never tell. Though he is only four, he still keeps it a secret.

Kristen and Jon ended up getting married too and having three children. They got married during college and she got pregnant after they graduated. Kristen is a stay at home mom while Jon works for Cameron. Their childrens’ names are Carl, Madeline and Angela. They live in a large house like the International Super Defense Squad’s old house also in Merton, London.

Mitchell didn't marry Kaitlyn. He at the moment is getting his masters degree and is in a relationship with someone who goes to his college with him. Mitchell ended up being the smartest of all of them and has always been with a high end job.

They all have had a great life. Sam, Carl, Madeline and Angela grow up to be just as great as their parents. Angela has the ability to read minds. Carl has super strength. And Madeline can run faster than the speed of light. Life for them hasn't been the easiest but they made it through. Through the ups and downs. Deaths and births. Love and breakups. Like every other person. But they had something special they will always carry with them.