New Teen Ink Book: Bullying Under Attack Barnes & Noble Amazon

The Perils of a High School Super Human

By , Battle Creek, MI
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 26 Next »

Annabel

Chapter 5: Annabel
After lunch I go to History. This is one of my worst subjects. I get into class and instantly regret not skipping the last two hours and going for a really long walk. I start walking over to the back of the class like I usually do and the bell rings. The teacher Mr. Briggs walks in and yells for people not to sit in a seat. I walk to the front of the class like everyone else. I hate being in front of everyone and being in large groups. He starts to seat us in groups of two. He goes in order by boy, girl, boy, girl, etc.. When he gets to my name I’m in the back luckily, but I get set by a guy who I saw and instantly really liked him. He is tall and has really large muscles. Dark brown hair and brown eyes. He sits down and invites me to sit too like a gentleman. Instantly he says “Hello. My name is Cameron. How are you?”
“Hi. My name is Annabel. I'm ok, I just don't like History. How are you?”
“I'm ok. Its my first day at this school and it’s confusing.”
“ATTENTION UP HERE!!!” yells Mr. Briggs.
“This should be an interesting year.” Cameron whispers in my ear.
I automaticly blush because he is a cute guy all up in my face.
“These seats will be your seats for the rest of the year, lets hope you like them. And if you don't oh well. Today we are going to start right out with a test. I will grade you on what you know. This should be a review.”
“I hate tests. Especially when it’s in History.”
“If you ever need a tutor for this class or any other class I could help you.” Cameron says genuinely nice.
“Thanks! I'd like that.” I said back immediately not thinking that I can't just stay after school. Maybe I could talk to Carl and ask him if I could stay after.
“Ok. Cool. Just tell me when you need help and I guess I will be here in this seat next to you for awhile.” He said with a smile.
After the test Cameron asked me how I did. It wasn't as hard as I thought. It was what we learned last year. Last year wasn't as hard because I had a better teacher.
“I did ok I think. How did you do?”
“Fine. So what is your next class?”
“English.”
“Mine too!”
“We can walk together if you like. I will show you where it is.” I said eagerly.
“Ok. That would be great.”
As we walk to English I can see people all around us giving us weird looks. Cameron notices too.“Just ignore them.”
We get into class and I head to the back of the room like usual. He follows.
“Do you want to sit by me?” I say suspiciously.
“Of course. That’s why I was following you.” Cameron smiles.
Ok. Now I'm starting to think he likes me and is trying to figure me out.
That was the last we really spoke to each other. Here and there in the classes we have together and sat by each other. It started to get tense between us. I started to stop liking him until a few months after we met. Finally after a few months of waiting we started talking again.
As the teacher, Mrs. Sisco, walks in one day he asks “Do you walk home?”
Why would he be asking me this? Is he really starting to be a creep? No, I tell myself. Maybe he wants to walk you home.
“Yes. The busses don't go out as far as my house. Do you?”
“Yes. Maybe we could go on a long walk before we head our separate ways. Would you like to?”
I hesitate. I have training. He wouldn't understand that. So I say back, “Sure. I can't stay out too long though. I have piano lessons today.”
Piano lessons? Where did that come from. I don't even have a piano.
“Ok,” he replies, “I can't stay out too long either.”
Good, I think he understands things about getting home. I guess I can just tell Carl that I was running late to talk to my teacher. I was worried that Carl would just read my mind and know where I was. So I didn't think about it the rest of the day.