The Perils of a High School Super Human

By , Battle Creek, MI
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 26 Next »

Annabel

Chapter 3: Annabel
School usually is hard for someone quiet. But when you are quiet and really can't do anything with other people it's even harder. I am one of those people. I'm a fast runner so I do track and field and cross country. I use that for part of my training. I can't stay after school for student council or writing club. I have to walk home. No bus knows where I go. All of us in my training group have to go to different schools. My school is one of those schools that everyone is categorized in groups. Jocks, Preps, Geeks, the Silents, Nerds the usual. I’m in the Silents. I don't socialize like most people. I have people that talk to me but we don't hang out together. I wish that I could have friends and have them come over to my house and I go over to their house but I don't have time because of training. I wish that sometimes my superpower was to fly or read people’s minds. If I could fly I could just leave the house without having to use the front door and no one would know I left. If I could read people’s minds school would be nice too. I could hear what people think about me and if they like me or not. It would be a lot simpler.
It’s the first day of school. One of the hardest days for me. I never have a place to sit or a place to eat. I have gone to this school for my whole life and I have never once been invited to a party or to sit with a group at lunch. I usually go and sit in the bathroom and eat or if it’s a bad day in the bathrooms I go into a teacher’s room that is not in use. My school is filled with rude and obnoxious people who are never accepting of people that are different then them. I wish that Kristen went to this school. Then I would have someone to talk to and to eat lunch with. But no, we all have to go to different schools for “safety reasons”. I try to make friends and not be too pushy but it always seems to make people talk worse about me. I wish that I could be a normal person and have friends outside of my house. usually people want their best friends to live with them or near them but after awhile you wish they would go home. I am with my best friends all the time and it gets annoying sometimes. I don't get alone time like i wish. There are two of us in one room at my house and I don't get quiet time to do my homework or study, it’s always a group thing.
School I think isn't really hard. But the worst part is when partner work comes around and the teacher lets you pick your own group. I know most people don't want the weird, quiet girl in their group and they especially won’t let you in when you ask. I would rather work alone and usually do. I’m a loner. I know I am. I just wish it was different.