The Perils of a High School Super Human

By , Battle Creek, MI
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 26 Next »

Cameron

Chapter 2: Cameron
My name is Cameron Smith. I live in Merton, London. I have lived in several places in my life including Beijing, China, Tokyo, Japan, and Bago, Burma. I have lived in Merton for one year tomorrow. The homes that I have lived in were never in the city. I have always been in the country away from all outsiders. I am 16, tall with large muscles, brown hair and I am a ninja. Yes I know that I sound like one of those people who take a karate class and say “Oh yeah! I’m a ninja!!”. No I’m not one of those people. I’m in a group that I was born into and we are called the SINS. (Special group of Intellectual Ninjas.) I have been training since I can remember and I haven't liked it one bit. My family founded the SINS 100 years ago when they first wanted to take over the world. There have been five attacks since then and they have NEVER succeeded. The International Super Defense Squad (ISDS) have always found out where and when we are going to try again. We have groups that we are separated into. Nine and younger with just basics about battle. That groups starts when you can walk and talk. Then there is a small group of 12-14 which is just a little more training. Then you get to the 15-20 who are in full battle mode and start training for the next attack. Also there is the 21 and older who are the people who train us and tell stories of past attacks. My grandfather is our leader. He makes sure everyone is fit and the trainers are doing their jobs right. We live in a home that is large in size and can fit all forty of us and we all have our own rooms. I go to school like everyone else. I have gone to four different schools in my life. I have changed homes four times too. School may just be a little harder for me too. I can't tell people about our group. I can’t go out with friends or hang out at the mall with the gang or go to sports games other than mine. I’m usually in every sport except volleyball because schools don't let the guys play on the teams. When I come home I do homework, go straight to training for four hours, to dinner, back to training for three hours, take a shower and go straight to bed. There is not much time for socializing during the week. Weekends I get seven hours to talk with friends and socialize and go practice for my sports. If I have sports practice I get to miss the first four hours of training but after I get home and eat dinner and do homework, it’s back to training for four hours instead of three. Its hard to miss training and I always seem to miss the good and easy days.
The ISDS is a group of people that try to stop us SINS and have always succeeded. There are seven of their “special” homes around the world and of ours. There have been five battles in the past 100 years but I have only been alive for one of them. We lost twenty people and they lost seventeen in that battle. I was eight when that happened.
Life at home is difficult. My dad and grandpa are constantly on me about my training and my sports. My mother and grandmother want me to be myself and go out in the world but my father and grandfather would never allow that. According to my grandpa I was born to fight and be in battle, but I wish I wasn’t born to fight. I wish I was born to be free and do what I want to do like a normal person.