Unbearable Love

Author's note: I hope that people will find that you shouldn't give up on love even if you don't believe it,...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: I hope that people will find that you shouldn't give up on love even if you don't believe it, because someday, you will find it.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next »

Chapter Four

I found myself doodling out his name, daydreaming, and writing little notes to him that I would never send. This is what every girl does when she's crushing on a guy, whether she likes to admit it or not. Sure, I'd been texting him and talking to him on the phone for hours, but I never expected to fall so hard for one person so unbelievably fast. I wanted to see him in person. . . I had to see him. I thought that maybe that would make me feel better or make that craving of him fade even the tiniest bit, but meeting him in person again, only made me want him so much more than I had before.

It wasn't the drive there that was so bad, it was what I would say when I showed up. I was hoping he would be the one to be the conversationalist this afternoon, instead of me. I was so nervous, but so excited and happy to be meeting him. I had other plans, things to do, I was thinking I'd just go and see him for at least a few minutes. Within those few minutes, I could listen to the calming sounds of his voice, and stare into those beautiful golden eyes of his. Before getting out of my car, I closed my eyes, took a deep breath and relaxed. Nothing could wrong, right?

Walking into the restaurant, I noticed him immediately. He was sitting at a table for two, eyeing the door and when he saw me, he smiled. I walked towards him, smiling and happy to be in his presence. That's when I felt that tug at my soul again. . . My heart skipping beats and then I thought of the sound of his earlier. His heart was beating so fast when he was around me, it sounded like the engine of a race car. I could feel myself blush as I thought of that, and he gave me a weird look.

"You came," He said, happy to see me. "I'm glad. I would've been stood up by the prettiest girl I know." He winked at me and smiled.

"Yeah, well, what can I tell you? I just have that affect on some people." I said, winking back at him. He laughed at that thought.

"What are you blushing about?" He asked, as the waiter brought us our drinks.

"Nothing. . ." I mumbled, feeling myself blush more. He stared at me, puzzled.

"Something's going on. What is it?" I started to panic. Was he really trying to get me to talk about this right now? I just showed up and he already knew that I was starting to have feelings for him.

"Oh, you know. The usual, just crushing on this one guy." I tried my best to say that in the most nonchalant manner. I think he got it though, because after that, his smile just wouldn't fade away. As if he had just won first place in a competition he'd been trying to win for years.

"Oh? Who's the lucky guy?" His sarcastic tone gave off that he definitely knew. I looked at him and then back at my phone. I needed to leave soon. I'd only been here a few minutes, but I couldn't stay any longer. I had plans with some friends and my sister was wanting me to help her with homework before it got too late.

"Well, I'm not revealing details, but lets just say that he seems like the perfect guy for me," I began. I looked at the clock again. Time to go. . . even if I didn't want to. "Look, I'm sorry, but I have to go. I just wanted to come for a few minutes. I have plans to go with some friends for a bit and my sister wanted me to help her with some homework. I'm so sorry." I looked down and frowned, sad to be leaving him.

"No, it's fine. I understand." We both got up, and he walked me to my car, but before I got in, he grabbed me by the wrist.

"What are you doing?" I asked, stunned and confused.

"Something I've been wanting to do since I met you." He mumbled with a smile.

He pulled me into his strong, warm arms and gave me the most angelic, and passionate kiss I've ever had. I wanted to say that it felt like Heaven, but I still remained here on planet earth. When he pulled away, I looked into his eyes and smiled. I noticed I could feel a little spark traveling from my lips throughout my body. He smiled back at me and kissed my forehead, allowing me to finally leave. Still saddened to have to leave so early, I pulled out of the parking lot, and watched the figure of his body fade away as I went further and further down the road.
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next »