Unbearable Love

Author's note: I hope that people will find that you shouldn't give up on love even if you don't believe it,...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: I hope that people will find that you shouldn't give up on love even if you don't believe it, because someday, you will find it.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next »

Chapter Three

Waking up, the sun was shining brightly through my curtains and I could hear the chirping of the birds. I couldn't quit thinking about last night. . . what happened to me? Something just felt so different. . . so. . . strong, like it was tugging away at my soul. I thought, and thought, and thought and couldn't figure it out. Driving to school and pulling in the parking lot was when I figured it out. I was just pulling into a spot and that's when I saw Nick. I couldn't stop staring, it was like nothing I'd ever experienced before. . . I noticed my heart was skipping beats, but why?

Frustrated, I got out of the car and walked up to him. I was afraid to say something stupid, but I knew that was already going to happen. . . especially coming from me. I stood there for a second, thinking of what to say when the words finally came out of my mouth before I realized it. The damage had already been done.

"What did you do to me?!" I demanded, looking at my now shaking, nervous hands. He grabbed my wrists and looked me in the eyes, breathing heavily. "I didn't do anything. Just try to calm down. Take a deep breath and relax." He dropped my wrists, letting them fall back to my sides, but I didn't want to let him go. I took a deep breath as he said, and followed after him. "Nick." I mumbled. Why was I doing this? What was the point? Did I. . . fall for him? My eyes darted quickly, not sure if I should continue to talk or just simply walk away.

"What?" He said, turning around to stare me straight in the eye. I walked toward him, and took his hands in mine and looked in his eyes.

"Why is it, that ever since last night, I can't quit thinking of you?" My innocent look might've made him feel bad if he was a jerk, but thankfully, he felt the same.

"Why is it, that you're so damn beautiful?" I chuckled at his response and turned a bright red that only tomatoes were familiar of. I drew back and began to walk away, replaying what had just happened in my mind. His look was even more serious and more sincere than yesterday when he asked me out on a date. . . I could hear his heart racing just from a couple of inches away. It sounded like the engine of a race car, but why wasn't the car chasing after the finish line? I thought maybe this was all a mistake. Maybe just some misunderstanding and I was reading my emotions wrong, but I had never felt this strongly about someone. Even if I just met them yesterday.

Just, whatever I did, I couldn't shake the thought of him. He always remained there no matter what I did to preserve my mind to something. I was standing at my locker, grabbing my things for my next class, when I looked up and seen him. He was walking towards me with a bold look on his face, like he was unsure of something. I couldn't figure it out, but when he walked up to me, he gave me a slip with a red bow and my name on it and walked away.

Meet me at Freddie's at 4 this afternoon. I want to talk to you more.
-Nick

I smiled to myself after I read the note, unsure if I should go or not. I had plans, and with last night when we went out for dinner, I wasn't sure how long we would end up talking again. I slowly slid the note in the very back of my reading book and continued heading for class.
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next »