Unbearable Love

Author's note: I hope that people will find that you shouldn't give up on love even if you don't believe it,...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: I hope that people will find that you shouldn't give up on love even if you don't believe it, because someday, you will find it.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next »

Chapter Two

The sight of him left me breathless as he stood in my front door. The smell of his cologne was suffocating, but it smelled unbelievably sweet. His hand touched my lower back as he walked me outside and guided me to the car. I felt like one of those old movie stars, being escorted by a gorgeous guy and dressing nice just to go out for dinner and a movie. Being in his presence wasn't easy. . . especially because I had to try my hardest not to be a klutz or say something embarrassing. As he started the engine and drove away, I played out scenes in my head that wouldn't happen. I looked back at him and he smiled, reassuring that everything would go great. . . or at least that's what I had hoped for.

We pulled into the restaurant's parking lot and got a close spot to the door. They weren't very busy, assuming that it'd be quiet in there, and I wouldn't have to speak loudly for him to hear me. I breathed in the smell of warm, cooked food as we walked in the door and my stomach grumbled. As we were being seated and ordered our drinks, I noticed him staring at me.

"What?" I ask, curious.

"Nothing, you just look so. . . beautiful." He mumbled back.

I chuckled. "Thank you." I looked back down at my menu with a smile on my face.

The food smelled like garlic and cooked steak. I could almost taste it on the tip of my tongue. Nick's golden eyes sparkled in the light, making them almost irresistibly hard not to stare into.

"So, what are your interests?" He asked, looking in my eyes with the utmost sincerity.

"Mine? Oh, well, lets see. . . I like to draw, sing, dance, hang out with my friends and family, stuff like that. What about you?" I replied, with a smile on my face and resting my chin on my hands.

"I like to play guitar, hang out with my friends and family, I jump off things with my cousin. . ." He trailed off and I looked at him, puzzled.

"What do you mean 'jump off things with your cousin'?" I asked, confused.

"Meaning, we use a test dummy that's our weight and throw them off of things that we want to jump off of. For example, a garage or a bridge. Something like that." I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Why on earth would you find jumping off things exciting?!

"Oh. Well, that sounds. . ." I couldn't think of a word that came to mind to describe what I was thinking, or to explain my sarcasm, but something was also tugging away at me.

"Yeah," He mumbled, looking down. "Favorite color?"

This conversation went on for awhile. We were discussing our interests, what we liked to do, eat, etc. and in the meantime, we didn't even realize until we checked the time that we had missed the movie.

"Oh! We missed our movie. Would you like for me to just bring you home, then?" He asked, looking down at his watch then up at me.

"Yes, please. I'm exhausted. Eating just takes so much energy!" I winked at him. He smiled at me and led me back to the car and opened my door.

"Why, thank you kind sir." I sat down inside and breathed in the air. Savoring every moment of the evening. It was fun, enjoyable. . . special. It was hard to explain what had happened to me in such a short amount of time. Something had changed inside me, and I couldn't quite put my finger on it.
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next »