Unbearable Love

Author's note: I hope that people will find that you shouldn't give up on love even if you don't believe it,...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: I hope that people will find that you shouldn't give up on love even if you don't believe it, because someday, you will find it.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next »

Chapter One

His golden eyes glistened like the moon, his touch was passionate and sincere, but his presence was the purest of them all.

My heart yearned for him. Any waking moment we weren't talking or I wasn't with him, was like I wasn't pure without him. He gave me the world and nothing less. He made me feel like I was his princess. This is what all girls crave. They crave that attention from a guy. For them to treat you right, not be a cheater, and to treat you like royalty.

I never believed that love would feel this way. . . or even make its way to me. Everybody has that 'right person', but not everybody finds them, and if they do, they usually don't realize it or don't realize it soon enough. I thought maybe my 'right person' got hit by a bus, but then I realized. . . he was it.

His stare was bold, but his attention was approving. As he approached me, I was gossiping with a few of my friends. I was always so quick to notice when he was around me, so when I sensed him, mid sentence I quit talking and paid my attention to him.

"Did you see Brittany Jameson? She was holding hands with the new guy Jack Petersen. They're cute together, but personality wise I don't-" I turned toward him and all my friends looked at him as well. As we all looked at him, his face turned bright red.

"I uh. . . ," He began, very nervously. He was awkwardly looking at all of us and scratching his neck. "Can I talk to you. . . alone?" He asked, softly.

"Well, guess we'll see you later Alex." All of my friends said at the same time. I waved goodbye and turned my attention back to him.

"Yeah, what about?" I asked.

"Look, I know we don't know each other, but I want to use this opportunity of talking to you on asking you out on a date. We can go see a movie and then go out for dinner. Or something else, if you have any suggestions." The look in his eyes was fear. Fear that I would be some stuck up b**** and turn him down. He was absolutely gorgeous. How could you turn that down? When I opened my mouth to start talking, you could tell that on the inside, he was as people say 'on the edge of his seat'. When the words finally came, I answered him.

"Yeah, sure. I'd love to." His gaze was breathtaking and sincere. He definitely knew how to take a girl's heart.

"Great. I'll pick you up at 7:30 tonight." As he started to walk away, I stopped him. Hesitating myself to ask him this.

"What's your number? You know, so I can text you my address..." I mumble loud enough for him to hear me. He turns around and scoffs.

"Nice pick up line," He began, winking at me. He was only kidding... right? "It's 731-555-0687" I could feel his breath on my hands as I was facing him, putting his number in my phone.

"Ok, thanks. I'll text you the address." I put my phone back in my pocket and walked away as if this was a dream. Did this really gorgeous guy just ask me on a date? I could've been dreaming, so I pinched myself to reassure it. I wasn't dreaming, this was in fact, reality.

When I texted him my address, as we had just met earlier today when he asked me out, I asked him for his name.

Nick Shaede. What's yours?

Alexandra Clark, but just call me Alex, please.

Maybe this was a new beginning to something real, or maybe this was just some sick joke to break a girl's heart. Only time could tell with love and it's new arrivals.
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next »