Only good at GoodByes.

Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next »

Just the beginning.

Class number one turned out to be interesting which was surprising because I hated math. I was in Trig, apparently when I took all my placement classes for this school my highest subject was math. They were gonna put me in Calc but my grandma wouldn’t approve, id have to much free time to screw around my senior year. I was in three freshman classes, including freshman gym, which most likely ill never go to. When the bell rang I made my way to Biology. The teacher put my all the way in the back next to some guy sleeping on his desk. When he heard his name he looked up and groaned when he saw me looking at him. I sat down and slouched in my chair looking at my phone. He turned to me and watched me text my grandma ”Kill me now!” I looked over at him after I put my phone away. “Look this is how its gonna go, don’t ask me for paper I don’t have any, or a pen I don’t bring one. There lucky I even come to this class. So basically don’t talk to me and I wont talk to you.” I smiled and turned back to the board. I noticed everyone staring at us in shock of hearing Trenton talk. Im guessing hes one of the guys that ‘Doesn’t give a f***.’
“Seems like we’re on the same page. But mines a little different, Don’t talk, look, or even think about me and ill act like you don’t exist. Easy as that.” He looked at me shocked and held out his hand. I heard someone gasped and looked to my left and saw a girl sitting there staring at us. “Take a picture it’ll last longer..”
“My names Trenton. Nice to meet yah.” I turned to him and looked at his hand with my arms crossed he waited for me to grab it. He stared at me with a smile on his face and watched me adjust in my seat looking at the board.
“It’s Kali.” I opened my binder to the notes section and started writing down the slides. “Didn’t I tell you not to look at me. I thought we were on the same page.” He laughed and laid his head back on the table and went back to sleep. When the class ended I grabbed my bag and books and left without even looking at Trenton. I could tell he watched as I walked away, maybe it was because I heard a bunch of girls talking about him as I walked out. He was in my next class but thank god he sat on the other side of the room. i sat in the back corner of the english room, it'll be easy for me to fall asleep now. Trenton stared at me the whole class until the teacher yelled at him, everyone stared laughing so he got up and walked out. Before he pushed the classroom door open he smiled at me. I didn't think anything of it until i got to my locker and he was leaning against it. I stopped when i noticed him and turned back around groaning.

"Wait Kali, i wanna talk to you real quick." i stopped and turned back around looking at him with a happy look on his face.

"What happened to you don't exist?" The look faded off his face and he grabbed my arm as i started walking away. I stopped and glared at him as he slowly let me go. I turned away and took a couple steps.

"Listen to me you spoiled little b****." i stopped and so did everybody else, i turned around towards him and walked straight up to him.

"Is that really what all you guys think of me? cause last time i checked i have had a job since i was 15, I work my ass off for everything i get. And you wanna know the funny think about that statement, if i was a spoiled b**** my parents would be alive right now, and i wouldn't be talking to you." Everyone got quiet and watched me walk out the doors of the high school and to my car where a bag sat on the hood, a card was attached to the side of it that said my name. Inside was a bunch of candy and a picture of me and my brother one day by the lake a couple years ago. I just about started crying until someone called my name.

"Kali." I looked behind me and Trenton and two other guys were walking up to my car. I unlocked it and started climbing in until he grabbed my hand, pushed me up against my car, and kissed me. When he pulled away, i took a deep breath and punched his shoulder. He grabbed it and winced in pain, his friends stood by the bumper and just watched as Trenton pinned me to my car again. "Look im really sorry.."

"Everyone is... But that doesn't bring them back. it makes me mad when people say they know how i feel because they don't. My mom will never go prom shopping with me, watch me go off to college, or help me plan my wedding. My dad isn't gonna see me or my brother grow up, and the saddest part about it. is im the reason they died." i tried to push my way through his arms but he kept them on the car with my head in-between them.

"Kali it isn't your fault, unless you personally stopped there heart." Tears started forming in my eyes so i looked down at my feet and tried to get them to go away. "Kali look at me." He tried to push my chin up but i forced it to stay down until i was ready to look up. "You cant change how or when things happen, but you can still have control over somethings in our life. like tonight." i looked up at him finally and he wiped away the tears off my cheeks. "Will you be my date to the Senior class dinner?"

"I cant... im only a Junior." He looked at me confused and grabbed my hands. I smiled and laughed a little as he pushed up my chin and kissed me softly.

"They'll make an exception." He let me go and walked over to his friends, they gave him high fives. His one friend with black hair gave him a twenty with a depressing look on his face.

"You think this is some joke?" I climbed into my car and sped back to my house. i was more pissed off at how i fell for a little joke like that. i kept thinking to myself 'your smarter and stronger then that.' i pulled into the driveway and walked into the house dodging the kitchen until i heard a guy call my name.
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next »