Feather Gold

Author's note: I was inspired to write this, after a relationship I'd been through. Well past relationships,...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: I was inspired to write this, after a relationship I'd been through. Well past relationships, none of it really involves me but it just expands my imagination on the whole fact that the main character could be me, or some one completely different from me! I hope you all love this book, I can say I do not only because I wrote it but because it just helps see the different parts of it I guess?  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 6 Next »

Feather Gold

Still I Rise by Nicki Minaj plays on my phone, so I know I have a text message. I pull my phone out of my pocket, and it’s from Star. “I know who feather gold is! ” is what the message says. “Who is it then?” I reply to her. “You’ll see,” is all I get back from her. This is so dumb, why do guys always make you figure out who they are? And why won’t he tell me who he is already? It sucks not knowing, because then I think about it all day and I just can’t get it out of my head now. The song plays again, this time its not from Star.
“I’ll see you at the mall for bowling, and feather gold will be there.” That’s what I got from Dwayne, which really shocked me.
“So who all knows who he is?” I reply back on my phone.
“Just me and Star. ;)” Dwayne messages back to me. So now all I can do is get ready, go to the mall to meet everyone at the bowling place, and find out who feather gold is. I’m really nervous, because what if the guy doesn’t even like me, then what do I do?

It took me 30 minutes to get ready, that’s how nervous I was, well and kind of happy, because I’d get to finally find out who feather gold is! Anyways, when I made it to the mall, everyone was there, the place was almost like packed. But I made it just in time!
“So, you ready to meet your feather gold guy!” Dwayne asked, he seemed kind of, hmm I don’t really know I couldn’t tell what his mood was really.
“Kind of yeah, how come,” I asked him.
“I don’t know you just seem kind of nervous, you shouldn’t be though he’s actually a cool and nice guy bro.” Dwayne said with a smile.
“Why can’t you just tell me who he is then?” I asked him.
“He’ll tell you,” he said pointing behind me, I looked back and saw Bayside. Dwayne just smiled, and walked towards the rest of the group.
“So who is it?” I asked Bayside.
“Uhm, I don’t know. I heard he’s a cool guy though.” Bayside said smiling at me. “So what’d you think of him.”
“It just felt like I’ve known him, like my whole life,” I told him. “I just can’t figure out who he is.” We looked at each other for a while, I ended up looking into his eyes, and for a second I swear I noticed those eyes. It couldn’t have been though. “So it’s you?”
“Took you long enough to figure that out bro.” Bayside said, both smiling and laughing.
“How come you didn’t just go with us?” I asked him.
“I just felt like going alone, it was sort of like part of my plan.” Bayside said.
“So why’d you dance with me. You could’ve danced with any girl there, but you chose to only dance with me.” I said.
“Why you blushing so bad,” Bayside asked me. Which made me blush more, knowing that he noticed that I was blushing. “Just cuz it seemed right.”
“Don’t you wanna join the rest of the group,” I asked him, he nodded so I started walking towards the group, but I felt his hand grab mine.
“Wait,” Bayside said looking straight at me. “I was wondering if,” then he paused.
“If what,” I asked looking back at him.
“If you wanted to go out with me,” he said that part kind of quiet. Our hands were still held together.
“Yeah, Feather Gold,” I said to him, and we both just laughed a little. We walked to the group, still holding hands, and they all just looked at us. They knew this was going to happen, even Dwayne, you could tell just by the look on their faces.