New Teen Ink Book: Bullying Under Attack Barnes & Noble Amazon

Feather Gold

Author's note: I was inspired to write this, after a relationship I'd been through. Well past relationships,...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: I was inspired to write this, after a relationship I'd been through. Well past relationships, none of it really involves me but it just expands my imagination on the whole fact that the main character could be me, or some one completely different from me! I hope you all love this book, I can say I do not only because I wrote it but because it just helps see the different parts of it I guess?  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next »

My Enemy? Or a Friend?

Later that day, when I walked into the bathroom to fix my makeup, I happened to bump into Raven Saunders who was wiping her face with a damp paper towel. As she uncovered it, you could see a dark purple bruise under her right eye. I froze, but knew it was from her dumb boyfriend who beats on her every time he’s drunk. She was told like several times by, I think all of us girls in high school now to dump him because he’s just a stupid jerk. But she always says how she loves him and that he’s the one. It shocked me to what I was about to say, to my enemy…
“Uh, Raven do you want to get lunch with me?” I asked her, she ran over and hugged me.
“Yeah,” Raven replied, almost in tears, and I hugged her back. Rose, Kailey and Star happened to walk into the bathroom just as I let go of Raven. They had a shocked look on their face, but I gave them a look that said “I’ll tell you about it later.”
“So, do we have any plans for tonight?” Star asked, trying to break the awkward silence in the bathroom.
“Maybe we could go bowling, Allen said that they were going to do neon bowling just for the heck of it.” I said. “Do you want to go bowling with us, or dancing I mean, since that’s what we’ll probably end up doing?” I asked Raven.
“Yeah, sounds fun.” Raven relied with a slight smile on her face.