Devil's Angel

Author's note: I was inspired to write this when my friends and I started wondering what would happen after we...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: I was inspired to write this when my friends and I started wondering what would happen after we die. We thought that maybe friendships last lifetimes and that we were reborn.
Thanks Jessica and Leah.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 21 Next »

Chapter 2: The Shrine

“Wait a minute, how do I get to the gates or whatever you said earlier? Hello? Arty? Do I have to dig myself to Hell?! Help me!” I yelled at the spot where Arty disappeared. I started screaming at the spot when another presence entered my mind; Arty’s voice rang in my head, as he whispered,
“Follow the sound of my voice, if you can’t follow my voice then you are still alive somewhere in your body and you will probably die there very painfully. Just believe in yourself.”
“Oh…thanks.”
Arty started humming a slow, scary song. I felt like I was being drawn towards the song, I felt relieved since I was able to follow his voice, if I couldn’t I would have died painfully, or so the weirdo says. He kept humming, the more I heard the song the more I thought it was sad instead of scary. My eyes started to tear up as a warm tear rolled down my cheek and landed on a tiny leaf, the leaf was burned. I started running through the forest; the trees were blurred as I ran. How fast am I running? I thought.
I looked down at my feet and noticed I wasn’t even running, I was floating. When I looked up, I screamed as I flew through a tree, an oak tree, just like the ones I would climb with Marcus back in high school. Arty kept humming and I kept floating, but, a bit slower this time, trying to keep control over my new ability.
Finally, I came to a gigantic rock. Seriously, a rock? I thought out loud I guess since I wasn’t trying to shield my thoughts from anyone. Then I felt Arty’s presence in my head once again. He stopped humming and he whispered in my mind, yeah, it’s a rock but it’s a spell that will open the rock.
A spell? To open? The rock? I thought back to him, holding back a laugh. There was no way this rock would open, ever. Unless there was some magical force that would get the rock to split apart, like Athena’s head. He was kidding, right? He better be joking because if this is a joke I would probably punch him.
“Wow, you’ve got great power, talking in a god’s head like that. I can hear you loud and clear if you whisper. Very rare. Not many spirits can use their sixth sense that well, especially after dying. You’ll make a fine death spirit.” He said proudly as if he picked me out from a convenience store.
“Why thank you.” I said, “Wait. Is that a compliment?”
“Indeed.” He said smoothly as his mind brushed against mine, for some reason, I blushed.
No! No. The only person I love is Marcus. Or maybe I could have changed since I died and all…..no, Marcus is the only one for me. Don’t think anything else, Amethyst!
Arty chuckled and said in my head, “You just blushed now, right?”
“None of your business!” I snapped. Arty winced and said,
“Please, don’t scream.”
“I’LL SCREAM ALL I WANT!” I yelled out loud and in my thoughts. Arty was pushed out of my mind and he appeared in front of me. His hair was silver and he wore a silver cape and green robe, his eyes were glowing as he swiftly approached me and said calmly with no sign of anger,
“Think deep within yourself, find the key to the shrine and recite the spell. Remember, I accept you.”
Then he vanished again, and I blushed again. I shook the thought out of my mind and told myself that the only person I love or loved is Marcus.
Think of a spell, think of a spell. A key, a star, the shine. I got it!
“Oh key of the star, near and far. Shrine, open with all your might, release the way to the light.”
The shrine started to open slowly, and I started my journey to the Gates. When I walked inside it was dark and cold. The walls were wet and after the rock had opened it had begun to shine on the inside. The rock was filled with crystals that glowed every once in a while. I gasped and looked around and then I walked onwards, even though everything was bright, I still couldn’t see the ground. I followed the faint glow of the crystals and saw an opening.

This book has 2 comments. Post your own now!

BluBirdWriter13 said...
I really LOVE this novel. Thumbs up for you

JuneS replied...
Sept. 29, 2012 at 10:49 am
Thank you! It's my first novel and I kept thinking that it was bad but reading your comment has helped me.