Devil's Angel

Author's note: I was inspired to write this when my friends and I started wondering what would happen after we...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: I was inspired to write this when my friends and I started wondering what would happen after we die. We thought that maybe friendships last lifetimes and that we were reborn.
Thanks Jessica and Leah.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 19 20 21

Epilogue: Danny

A few hundred years has passed, Amethyst decided to give up being a goddess of both Heaven and Hell and she happily left to the inside of hell to live with her sister, Eliza. I still get to meet her once every year, after all, am I not Danny? Sometimes if I’m lucky I get to meet her more often. I can do anything when I set my mind to it.
It was lonely and very sad without Amethyst around. The others agreed too, so I spent most of my time in a coffee shop in the human realm thinking about her and looking up at the sky. She was so cheerful and she made all of us happy in some point of our life. Amethyst may not have noticed it, but I was that oak tree she crashed into the day she died. I almost laughed my head off but I was on a serious mission, it was to see if Arty does his job well, since he was new, he was the hopeless rookie. I had to help him at first and when he was nervous he signaled me. When I first met Amethyst, I was disguised as Arty and I would never forget the words she told me when I was disguised as him. The way she said it made me fall in love with her. It was probably the moment I fell in love for the first time and then I got nervous to talk to her and just acted cruel. Truth is, if I can turn back time I would have made her hair all pretty during the transformation! It was too late now.
One day I heard that Amethyst had gone missing in the inside of Hell and that she had just disappeared into thin air. After two years, I spent the whole day at the coffee shop on the day that Amethyst disappeared and I didn’t do anything but drink enormous amounts of tea and coffee. I saw a girl walking by and she looked really sad and lonely, I thought that I needed the comfort so I asked her,
“Would you like to sit with me? You look sad.”
She looked up and her black hair flowed down to her waist, coincidence… a lot of girls have black hair.
She gave me a small smile and said, “Sure.”
She sat down with me and I didn’t really pay attention to her, I looked up at the sky and wondered if I would ever see Amethyst again.
“So why were you sad?” I asked her.
“I lost a very important friend. We were in love.”
“Same here, I lost a friend, more like my girlfriend. I guess you don’t realize how much you love the person until they’re gone.”
“I see. I only have one picture of this person and I’ve been looking for him for about two years.”
I jumped out of my seat, two years, but that’s how long Amethyst was gone and she has her hair and now…I have to see her eyes. This girl wore a flowing white dress, she wore a sunhat woven with straw. It was decorated with red roses.
“Why in the world would a girl like you, sit with a stranger like me who has been drinking too much tea?”
She laughed, took off her necklace and looked up; I saw bright, intelligent purple eyes, “Why not?”
She opened her locket and inside revealed a picture of me.
“I found you. I promised I’d be here to help.”
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 19 20 21

BluBirdWriter13 said...
I really LOVE this novel. Thumbs up for you

JuneS replied...
Sept. 29, 2012 at 10:49 am :
Thank you! It's my first novel and I kept thinking that it was bad but reading your comment has helped me.