A Forbidden Love Affair

Author's note: The book and it's characters are based off of people I know in my life. Not the full person, but...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: The book and it's characters are based off of people I know in my life. Not the full person, but their traits. The other inspiration for this book come partially from the show One Tree Hill.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 52 Next »

Katie

Katie Earnwright had what some people would call the best life. She was the top of her class as Eastgate High, captain of the cheerleading squad, and she was the girlfriend of the star quarterback, John Albright. She was raised by her father since the age of thirteen because her mother had passed on. The bond between mother and daughter is great, but in this particular case, it took some time for Katie to get over it. Her home life though, was as good as her high school life. Her life was 100% without a doubt perfect. But, as you know, these lives always take a turn for the worse, and for Katie, it all comes tumbling down. This is where our story starts.

It's a beautiful Monday morning here in Eastgate, and life couldn't be better if I tried to make it that way. Dad has already left; I'm starting to get worried about him. He's been tired more than usual, and I'm concerned he's overworking himself. Oh well, I'll talk to him if he gets home before ten tonight, which I highly doubt.

I'm just about done with getting ready for school when my cell phone rings. It's John, ugh. This has been the usual routine for the past four weeks. He calls to see where I am and when I don't give him a definite answer, he yells at me for about fifteen minutes.

"Hello John." I said with a slight sigh.

"So, where are you?" He demanded.

"Where do you think? I'm at home, being pestered by my boyfriend because he's paranoid about me cheating on him."

"You didn't have to snap at me, you know."

"You don't need to call me every five minutes."

"I wouldn't have too if you just be honest with me."

"I am being honest with you! How many times do I have say that?"

"As many times as you want because we both know you’re lying."

"Ugh, I'm not lying! I'm telling you the truth!"

"No, you’re not. And I've had enough of it; find your own ride to school."

The phone went dead after that as I stood there with my mouth open. What did I do wrong this time? All I said was I was telling him the truth, and he hangs up on me? Fine, I'll just take the bus.

Things have changed with me and John, and it's starting to scare me. Don't get me wrong he's still the love of my life, somethingng's changed. He's never hit me so don't even start thinking it. Maybe it's because his parents just got divorced, although he says that's not the case. I wish things would go back to when I met John freshman year. He was so sweet and so understanding, and now he's this paranoid, stuck up quarterback. I guess the boy four years ago is just a memory, nothing more.

I'm on the bus when the driver makes his final stop and opens the doors to let on possibly the worst person in the world, Lucas Warren. People at school don't go near him, because he's the new kid, and the rumors are that he almost killed one guy back at his old school. He's what people would call a loner, and it's scary to even look at him. What's even worse, he's country, something us Eastgate northerner’s can't stand.

He looks at me and rolls his eyes because the seat that I'm in is the only one left with a free seat. He sits down and says nothing, which helps me out in the long run because I don't want him to talk to me, ever. I close my eyes and think of John and let the memory take me away to a better place. The bus stops at the school drop off section and I go to first period, with Lucas Warren, the rebel behind me. This Monday is not going as planned.

heycallmemoriartyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 3 at 8:40 pm:
TOO CUTE OHHH MY GOODNESS.

GucciBros said...
May 13 at 11:18 pm:
OH MY GOD YOU NEED TO WRITE A SEQUEL TO THIS.  ALSO GO TO A PUBLISHER AND GET IT PUBLISHED BECAUSE IT WILL BE ON THE NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER LIST IN NO TIME!!! I ABSOLUTELY LOOOVE THIS NOVEL!!

IamMeForeverThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Nov. 27, 2013 at 1:34 am:
That was so amazing... The twists and turns kept me awake for hours wondering what happens next!!! Beautifully written and amazingly plotted... Great job!

Remy15 said...
Jun. 4, 2013 at 11:23 am:
i love it, u should right a second book to go with this. please keep writing:)

Irish-Girl said...
Oct. 2, 2012 at 9:56 am:
This was amazing. Beautifully written and a great story. Keep writing.XD

Irish-Girl replied...
Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:08 am :
Oh and if you get the chance please check out my work. Thanks:)

C.L.Erins said...
I love it love it love it!!!!! it's absolutely amazing :)

StevenD. replied...
Sept. 26, 2012 at 11:56 am :
Well thank you.

Ruby-Paige-Rose said...
At first I thought it was going to be like The Princess and The Frog, then I hoped it would be like Romeo and Juliet, and finaly realized it was its own story and it was just fine the way it was.