One of Them

Author's note: I'm writing this with my best friend, SoffyWaffles17. We started this about eight months ago,...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: I'm writing this with my best friend, SoffyWaffles17. We started this about eight months ago, when we were writing contest entries for the Hunger Games Premiere Contest, and we put ideas together and came up with this. I put this up a couple months ago, but then took it down. Hope you guys like the new and improved version!  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 7 Next »

Lucas

She leaned over and smiled sweetly at me. I put my arms around her and hugged her.
“Isn’t the sunset so pretty?” she said softly. I nodded my agreement. She sighed contently, as she rested her head on my shoulder, her brown hair twisted into a long braid down the back of her blouse.
We watched as the sun set, the sky ranging in a variety of different colors, the clouds like fat puffs of cotton candy and the sky like a piñata almost; colors striping from blue to pink to purple
This... is the suprse person... :)Just wait for the story or Sarah and Lucas. It's something they never expected. (This chapter is a memory.)
to blood orange. It was beautiful.
Almost as beautiful as her.
I remember that day do clearly. We sat in the top of the biggest oak in the forest outside of town, nestled in a gigantic branch near the middle, and I had cleared away all the pokey parts, so she wouldn’t hurt herself when she sat down.
I knew she could fend for herself, but it made me feel like a hero of some sorts, protecting her.
It made me feel like a better person than I really was.
She never knew, really, about all the deep, dark thoughts I had sometimes, about the annihilation of the Supoili race.
I mean, because she IS one of them, anyways.
I tried so hard to change, to get rid of that little evil seed that threatened to grow, but it seemed impossible. Where one sprout died, another popped right back up.
What’s wrong with me? Why- just WHY can’t I change myself to become the man she deserved? Be the man that she used to know, that she sees in me? Bu what if I can’t be like those old Lucas’s that she remembers? She argues that since I don’t remember those Lucas’s, it doesn’t count.
But it does. It really does. Shouldn’t those lives have left a spark in me, led me to be a better Lucas?
I don’t know.
She hasn’t said it yet, but we both know it.
In this lifetime, something’s different.
Something that made me different- has left this soul of evil.
Some things might be the same, but in this lifetime, Sarah and I both know that somehow the story is going to be different.

Midnight5765This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Sounds promising. I just wish I knew what a Supoili is. Do you have a prequel out? Debt halfway paied. Good luck on your book!

Ms.PeytonLovesHP said...
Comment people! Rate too please! Tell em what you think, hehe! :)

SoggyWaffles17 said...
Jan. 13, 2013 at 12:54 am:
Well, of course I love this! It's me, for Pete's sake, I wrote half of this! lol. Wonderful, as usual! Luv ya, Pop! ~Tart    

HarryPotterLover30 said...
People, COMMENT!!! Tell me what you think!!!!!!! Please!!!!

HarryPotterLover30 said...
So, hey. Had this up for a week or so already. Please. Need more comments/ratings. Typing more to put up now- please, help! I want this to be SEEN. It's too AWESOME to go unnoticed! READ!!!!!!!! :)

liveamongthestarsdieamongthepeople said...
  SOOO good:) I think the dialogue could use some work but i love the witty sarcasm and storyplot. Fantastic, add more!  

HarryPotterLover30 replied...
Sept. 27, 2012 at 9:34 pm :
Thank you, I'm glad that you lie it! I should have more up soon!

HarryPotterLover30 said...
Okay! What yall think of it?! I like it- but tell me what you guys think. I will have more soon, I promise.

liveamongthestarsdieamongthepeople replied...
Sept. 22, 2012 at 8:36 pm :