One of Them

Author's note: I'm writing this with my best friend, SoffyWaffles17. We started this about eight months ago,...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: I'm writing this with my best friend, SoffyWaffles17. We started this about eight months ago, when we were writing contest entries for the Hunger Games Premiere Contest, and we put ideas together and came up with this. I put this up a couple months ago, but then took it down. Hope you guys like the new and improved version!  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next »

Prologue

Lucas squinted into a pair of night vision goggles. He could see the girl, admiring herself in her mirror in her room. She was dressed in a Halloween costume, of all things. She cocks her head, obviously displeased with something. Closing her eyes, she brings her hand up to her face, bringing with it a dense bronze fog, which encircles her face. After a moment, she waves the fog away, and it fades away, and a checkered mask is left in its wake. Finally satisfied, she grabs a handbag from her bedspread,
So, the point of view switches from chapter to chapter, the chapter title will tell you who starts off. It will either be Beck or Lizzie- and maybe someone else. (This is the revised version- One of Them 2.0)
and leaves the room, shutting the door behind her. Lucas sighs. Such a trivial use of essence. Obviously, she doesn’t know what was coming her way.
Soon, her world would be much different.
Seems so simple, Lucas thinks, to kill the girl and just be done with it all.
“Are you sure it’s her?” Mr. Goodman asks, interrupting his thinking. Lucas nods. If he was wrong- he could be dead by morning. And even his father would help. Lucas knew just how much was riding on this assignment. Because it wasn’t just an assignment. It was an assignment that could finally end the Supoili- once and for all. He’d spent his entire life, hunting them, hating them. He wanted to be one of the main instruments in creating their downfall. Even if he was partly one of them. He hated them more for it. The race that made him a freak- a monster. He would never be just a human hunter, or just one of them. He was a monstrosity living in both worlds.
“Good, good. Finally, after twelve years, I can finish what I started. The girl turns seventeen in a week and a half. We need to kill her before then- before her powers strengthen.”
Lucas agreed with him- what else could he do? He was going to capture the girl, and deliver her to her death. He was finally going to get back at the people who made him different. And he didn’t feel one bit bad about it.
In fact, he didn’t feel anything at all.
Or so he thought.
He peered through the window of the living room, where the girl was now, and froze. That can’t be-
Sarah?
Chapters:   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next »

This book has 9 comments. Post your own now!

Midnight5765This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Sounds promising. I just wish I knew what a Supoili is. Do you have a prequel out? Debt halfway paied. Good luck on your book!

Ms.PeytonLovesHP said...
Comment people! Rate too please! Tell em what you think, hehe! :)

SoggyWaffles17 said...
Jan. 13, 2013 at 12:54 am
Well, of course I love this! It's me, for Pete's sake, I wrote half of this! lol. Wonderful, as usual! Luv ya, Pop! ~Tart    

HarryPotterLover30 said...
People, COMMENT!!! Tell me what you think!!!!!!! Please!!!!

HarryPotterLover30 said...
So, hey. Had this up for a week or so already. Please. Need more comments/ratings. Typing more to put up now- please, help! I want this to be SEEN. It's too AWESOME to go unnoticed! READ!!!!!!!! :)

liveamongthestarsdieamongthepeople said...
  SOOO good:) I think the dialogue could use some work but i love the witty sarcasm and storyplot. Fantastic, add more!  

HarryPotterLover30 replied...
Thank you, I'm glad that you lie it! I should have more up soon!

HarryPotterLover30 said...
Okay! What yall think of it?! I like it- but tell me what you guys think. I will have more soon, I promise.

liveamongthestarsdieamongthepeople replied...