I Should've Kissed You

Author's note: Yes, this is based off of a One Direction song. When I hear music I tend to write little stories...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: Yes, this is based off of a One Direction song. When I hear music I tend to write little stories in my head. I thought that this one was worth showing you guys. ^_^ Please rate/comment! Tell me what you guys think!!!  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 22 Next »

Purple Unicorn

I slump out of my bed and contemplate whether or not to put on shorts. Should I just answer the door in my girl boxers or should I maybe get fully dressed for the first time in a week? That’s how everything is this time of year. When it’s really hot like this you don’t care if someone sees you butt naked if it means you’re NOT steaming. As the doorbell rings again I try to dodge the warm light that is filtering in through the window lying above my bed. Last time I checked it was a raging
Hope you guys like this story! I wanted to write another one with two perspectives. Tell me what you think please! :) ?
hundred and two.
So, hearing the doorbell ring for the third time I think harder because I need to hurry up. Gosh, I am so ready for winter to come. This weather is absolutely killing me. Hey! You never know what it will turn into when you’re living in Nevada though. It changes on a whim, as if it were just as indecisive as I am when it comes to clothes. I pull a bathing suit top on and just wear that with very short shorts (Don’t judge me it’s hot out there!). My hair is down and I’m not wearing makeup. To tell you the truth I don’t exactly care about how my appearance is doing because whoever is at a person’s door on a Sunday isn’t that important.
Walking down the stairs, I try not to notice how my feet drag from lack of sleep. They threaten to fall out from underneath me at any moment and this only makes me try to be cautious. Why do girls always over think things and lose sleep over it? Why do they think about guys so much or do anything they do?!
The doorbell rings again. Does the person not hear my shallow stomping noises that I make so that I won’t have to scream “Coming!” like a house wife? Do they not understand that I am too tired to even speak? I hate how I just call whoever is there “They” it’s as if it will be a crowd of people waiting. It could be a purple unicorn for all I know! From now on I am just going to call it a purple unicorn at my door.
I can only imagine what my older brother would say if I yelled at him to answer the ‘purple unicorn’ that is at the door through the wall that separates our rooms. He would probably get really excited because the last time I remember seeing him not high was when I was seven and he was ten. Now he is twenty and hasn’t even glanced at college as an option. He also has a tendency to wear underwear on his head and sing along to Justin Beiber & One Direction at odd hours of the morning, but you can’t throw your son out over silly stuff like that right?! Maybe that’s why my parents have been procrastinating, because they love the constant singing of our dearest Jeremy!!! And all this time I have thought it was because they were worried he would die of an overdose on who-knows-what while being alone and broke!!!!
Finally I get to the door. The purple unicorn rings again before I can open the large wooden thing though.
A frown is stuck on my face because I am hot and irritated and this unicorn must have pressed that damned bell twenty times by the time I got here. I sling the door open. Propped up on the edge of the wall opposite of the door’s hinges, I look to see who the purple unicorn is.

I suddenly wish I had just stayed in bed.

***

She looks the same as always, normal yet beautiful. Gorgeous and average, is what I always thought. Well, not always but ever since that one night, the same night that I messed up for the both of us. The question is if she thinks I messed it up.
“Hey.” I say, giving her a large smile that I tend to give people in awkward situations. This is one of those times, so I smile.
“Hi.” She says in a quiet voice that I didn’t know she had. Amanda has always been the type of out person who is very out spoken. If I wasn’t the one that showed up at her doorstep would she be louder?
“Hello…” I say equally as quiet and instantly feel stupid. We have gone over this already, I remind myself, raking my mind in search of new words to say.
“I’m not unhappy you’re here or anything, but um…” she says, and fiddles with her fingers. Her dark brown hair is wavy and cascades down her slender frame, ending at a little below the shoulders. Her bikini top is white with a lacey fabric that looks great on her and enhances her natural tan even more. Her shorts are blue denim daisy dukes. Gosh, Amanda, are you trying to give me a heart attack? She never used to wear them before she started hanging out with Natasha, I think to myself. Would I like her if she hadn’t started to? I question. Am I that shallow? I watch her mouth move. Would I have noticed that inside of a strawberry color that looks completely kissable? Or how when she pronounces the letter O she opens her mouth in only half of the shape, unlike most who make the full circle?

“Drew?” she says a little bit louder and I focus on her face, realizing I had just zoned out. I was watching her mouth and how it moved instead of the words coming out of it.
“Yes?” I ask and smile some more because this is just getting awkward.
“What are you doing here?” she asks and I shake my head, trying to forget her gorgeous, full lips that are taking over my mind right now. Instead I look at her eyes. Oh those beautiful chocolate brown eyes that are outlined with a black ring that some people don’t notice. Now they are all I can think about. Oh lord, help me.
“I have to talk to you.” I say and she squints at me questioningly.
“I don’t think I have the time…” she says and I just shake my head no, looking at the ground. I continue to look at the ground when I speak because if I look up I will be mesmerized with her lips and her eyes. I will not be able to drag myself away from the curve of her waist sloping gracefully to her hips or how her left foot leans up against the right one without her knowing.
“Please.” I beg and I lift my eyes. I will just think about all these things looking at the ground or not! That’s why I am here right?! I’m here because I can’t get this girl out of my mind, am I correct?
“Ok.” She says and I swallow.
“Can you come outside? I kind of feel weird just standing out here.” I say, finding my words finally. Maybe I CAN do this with my pride still intact! She nods and walks out. Her shoulder brushes against mine while walking out, making a shock of energy go trough me. I’m suddenly overwhelmed with this growing emotion. Never mind, pride I will have to let you go.

***

I never thought that I would have the one and only Drew Jeered at my door. His broad shouldered presence and milk chocolate skin has only belonged at school for me, not home. I have never seen him so vulnerable. I have never seen him like he is now.
His big brown eyes attack me with their kindness. Since when is Drew nice?! Is this the same intolerable and rude JERK that I was stuck in class with only a few weeks ago? We are sitting at an old picnic table that is in my front yard. What he is doing here is still a mystery to me, and I frankly don’t feel like solving it. I haven’t talk to him since Friday night. It’s Sunday! What is he doing here?!
Is it because I heard what he said the last time our ‘group’ was together? Or was it because I forgot something at his house and he is bringing it back? Who knows? All I know is that I want to go back to bed, not over think about Friday (once again), and sleep.
That’s what I WANT to do, but my mind won’t seem to let me. All I can think about is how this school year started only three weeks ago.

JoyousCelly said...
Oct. 20 at 2:20 pm:
Looooooooooooooooove this, I wish i can write something half as good as this...... looove mandy and drew:>

MissEmilyDickinsonThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Sep. 25 at 4:53 pm:
I thought this was amazing and sweet. I love it. You have such a talent and greatness in you; and I hope you believe that, because you do. Thank you so much, for sharing this. 

J. said...
May 15 at 8:14 am:
first love always hurts... but the way u brought thnings up in the story is awsum!!!

AndSoItGoes01This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Aug. 2 at 2:14 pm :
Thank you. That really means a lot. :)

PeytonLovesHarryPotter said...
Jun. 30, 2013 at 3:37 pm:
OH MY GOD, NOW IM CRYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOD. I just loved it so much, I couldn't stop reading it! You should bring like a sequel or something, because this is amazing! *wipes face* But really... pulling at my heartstring!

FakesmileThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jul. 1, 2013 at 6:12 am :
Thanks :) haha it's one of my older stories but I thought that i owed all my readers that note at the end. 

kebs72890828 said...
Now this is what i was looking for.. great story i felt like i was watching a favorite movie of mine... Excellent! no need for me to say you will be a great writer some day because you already are .. keep up the good work

Mar. 24, 2013 at 1:21 am :
Thank ou so much! I haven't posted anything on Teen Ink for a while but I'm happy I decided to check the comments to check for new ones. I have started posting some of my new stories on Wattpad because that website doesn't take forever to upload stories :) So if you want to read those then just look up PrettyFaceUglyHeart :) Thank you soooo much for your comment again! 

CAgirl said...
This book was amazing <3 I'm so glad that Amanda and Drew got back together in the end :)

Jan. 3, 2013 at 2:21 am :
Thank you for your comment :) it makes me happy to know that someone likes the ending. I was actually debating on whether or not to make Amanda forgive Drew. Or vise versa. Happy to see someone liked my choice. :D

IwiLLhOpE said...
This book is absolutely the BEST! Finish the book,PRETTY PLEASEEE...

Dec. 30, 2012 at 3:28 pm :
All finished <3 Hope you love it!

kebs2908 said...
what happend to the number 9 it keeps showing the same thing as number 8

Dec. 30, 2012 at 3:27 pm :
When i was adding the chapters i pressed the 'ADD' button two times instead of one because I'm impatient. I fixed it though, so enjoy :) 

toriiii_lyn said...
I love this story so much! its fabulous and really keeps you wanting to read more! i want to read a part two!!!  

Nov. 3, 2012 at 2:31 pm :
Thank you so much for your comment! A new chapter is coming soon and it will explain A LOT about why Amanda is the way she is. I just have to edit it and than all we have to do  it wait :) thanks again! Hope you like the next chapters!!!

kebskelliey2898 said...
please keep going when do you think you will start again

Dec. 30, 2012 at 3:31 pm :
Just finished <3 hope you like it! :) 

prettysoccer_girl34This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I love this novel!!! It is awesome and im waiting for you to finish because it is amazing :)

Oct. 16, 2012 at 7:40 pm :
Thank you! I love writing this and to know that people like you enjoy it means the world to me! Sorry for the chapters taking so long to come out, I just want them to be perfect when you read them and this makes me take more time then I normally would. Thanks again and don't worry there's a lot more of this story to come! :D