Love's Coma

By , Tacoma, WA
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 14 Next »

Incidents and Accidents

“I never want to see you again!”

Was the last thing I heard from Janet that dreadful evening, my heart plunged into a void of sorrow. She failed to understand the situation as she walked in at the uttermost inconvenience. A different woman kissing my lips, with the taste of alcohol, tears, and depression. Janet stormed out.

“Let me explain!”, I shouted,

but I guess nothing was loud enough to pierce through the thick walls that were guarding her ears and heart. She drove off without another word. With the harshest words I could conjure, I screamed,

“Why, why, why?! Why, did you come to me? At a time like this? We’re done, we were done years ago, why do this to me?! Why do this to yourself? You have no right to knock on my door drunk begging me to come back! Do you not remember what you did to me all those years ago? Do you remember why I can never forgive you, Rebbecca?! You stole from me, lied to me, and made my past a living hell! You were my world, but now there’s a new world, and it’s not with you, not anymore.”

Tears driving down my cheeks I drove after her. Hoping that I could get a minute of Janet’s time to explain what happened. Speed dialing, over and over again hoping that she would pick up. I was such a fool I let my frustration and anger get the better of me. I became impatient and I knew something bad was going to happen. Janet saw my car and in a swirl of her anger she pushed down on the pedal and drove off into a red light.

A truck collided into Janet's car, I foolishly drove into the Chaos.