Accident Prone

Author's note: I am happy to recieve any feedback or suggestions, i hope to soon oficially publish this peice.
Author's note: I am happy to recieve any feedback or suggestions, i hope to soon oficially publish this peice.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3

Goblins in Black and White.

He turned in the picture for his grade. I never got to see it.
Lunch came around and I introduced him to Aileen, Kaelynn and Fernanda.
“We missed you at lunch yesterday.”Fernanda said in a happily implying act.
“Umm, yeah I sat with him.” I said with a water bottle in my hand, pointing to Yuri.
One of the days in math someone called Yuri a communist. It was a stereotype, and to Americans a bad one. Otis had introduced the subject of the ‘terrorist’ up and victor
Basically this explains the reason why i chose the pic, Laurie being the brunette and Marina being the blonde.
had implied the socialism.
Honestly to say I believe communism is exaggerated completely, but who is to say that America is better?
America really is the first generation of the rest of the world and as it looks now, maybe the last.
Another day Yuri invited me to his house, it was big and scarcely furnished because they could not bring many of their belongings on a plane. That was not the very first thing I noticed though. On my way there as I was riding my bike I noticed sprayed black lettering on the stucco walls. I could not make the word out until I was close enough to read ‘commies’.
I met his father Vladimir, who muttered Russian to himself occasionally. He had a coarse black beard and dark blue eyes. His mother had the same color of eyes but hers were lighter and delicate, it looked like melting ice on an arctic ocean. She had lustrous blonde hair but hers had deep yellow tones. Her name was Danya, Yuri later explained that it meant god’s gift. They also had a daughter named Josefina, she had black hair like her father. She said she was seven.
All we did at his house was speaking, I knew more about him. He was funny and confident but shy around those who he did not know, which was no longer me. He did mention Laurie though, it raged me inside but I did not express it. I didn’t bring up the graffiti either, he would take it as an insult.
The weeks went on, things got better and worse. The tension between me and Laurie rose, but me and Yuri became not closer but more attracted to each other. Sometimes he would act if he was not interested in me, but that made him even more desirable. As the word got around that Yuri was Russian the number of his tormentors increased. He never took it though, he would fight back.
One day Brian Langston took it too far.
“I cannot deal with this anymore! Why don’t you go to f***ing Russia and tell them if you don’t like it so much?! But if you ever went there you would be spit on for saying a word.”
Brian backed down, rolled his eyes and didn’t look back. He and his girlfriend Kait left the blacktop. Kait, that name sounded familiar.
In theatre we preformed our first act, Goblins and Goblins. Laurie apparently signed up for actress, she played the role of a pleasing fairy. I got to do all the non-goblin make up, while Hailey Fosh plastered on gelly latex and blue cream all over to make a truly hideous effect. When time came for Laurie’s turn, I asked her if she really wanted me to do her make up.
“Hell No! I mean look at you, you really want me to look like THAT?” Was her exaggerated response.
“Alright, come with me. I’ll have Hailey do your make up.” She followed me.
“Hey, Hailey? Laurie’s ready to do her make up.”
She nodded and had Laurie sit while she sprawled her brown hair back and started spreading skin adhesive around her eyes.
The time it took for Hailey to do the makeup was about 3 times longer than my original time so Laurie didn’t get the chance to see herself.
I watched from the side of the velvet emerald curtain, while she pranced around on stage with graceful fairy wings, a fluttering dress and glittery flabby skin. Oh, and a sickening cobalt face.
The faces of the audience went blank and baffled. Confused why a goblin was dressed and singing as a fairy. Laurie walked sluggishly as if she was tired, to the back room after bowing. She sat down and looked in horror at the mirror.
“Eeghhh?” Her dialogue started out as a soft murmur then into shrieks. “Why do I? Hailey you w****!”
I held my hand over my mouth to withhold my laughter. A pale blonde curl slid from my face as I stayed in cover behind a dusty tower prop. I had then realized that Laurie and I were like opposites, black and white.
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3

albinotiger said...
Jul. 22, 2012 at 5:07 pm:
So far really good! it is relateable and REALLY spectacular! (maybe check out my work sometime)

Sparklez said...
Jul. 20, 2012 at 1:44 am:
keep writing! this was fantastic!

DanielM said...
Jul. 19, 2012 at 2:30 pm:
Great story so far. I like your first chapter.

Prominence said...
Jul. 16, 2012 at 3:38 pm:
FIRST                                   

Lovatic4Life said...
Jul. 15, 2012 at 5:07 pm:
Omg this book is amazing! Never ever ever stop writing!! <3