All of the Unknown and Forgotten

Author's note: I created this back in eighth grade and worked on it through my freshman year. A shame I will never finish it.
Author's note: I created this back in eighth grade and worked on it through my freshman year. A shame I will never finish it.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next »

November 2

Friday.

"Has he kissed you yet?"

"No, Allainai, he has not," I said tiredly.

"Well, do you know when?" She asked.

Allainai continuously asks me if Taylor kissed me, and has for the past nine days. I was just about fed up with it. I ignored this last question, told her to shut up, and hurry up to school.

We head out, thankfully without my brother in tow. He wanted to walk down the hill to the bus stop, but Allainai were having no part of that, and walked up the other direction to school, just so we could walk and talk.

"Do you mind?" I asked after Allainai after she asked me about Taylor for the umpteenth time.

She told me that she was sorry, and hugged me while we stood at the crossing and waited for the light to turn green. We started one of our famous poke wars, Allainai taking the first shot at me. I poked her back, and she started the whole war, which waged on until the crossing said for us to go.

Allainai took one step into the street ahead of me, and I chased after her, meaning to get her one last time. She turned around, and ran backwards, laughing at me. She opened her eyes, and that smile on her face disappeared as she stopped moving.

Time slowed for me. I was still moving at the same speed, because I stopped just in time to say, "What's wrong?"

But she never heard me, for that entire time I stared at Allainai; she had opened her mouth in a silent scream that I would never hear. She looked and pointed to something I would never see. She held for me a terrible memory that I would never remember . . .