All of the Unknown and Forgotten

Author's note: I created this back in eighth grade and worked on it through my freshman year. A shame I will never finish it.
Author's note: I created this back in eighth grade and worked on it through my freshman year. A shame I will never finish it.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next »

October 24

I went to school this morning, not caring about the world. I was just glad that Allainai didn't get up in a bad mood this morning because of Michael. There is a routine that I have grown accustom to when I get up in the morning for school. It annoys me on the mornings that I have to wake up earlier, but I live.

On my way to the bus stop, Allainai asked me if I want to walk instead of waiting for the bus. She had some work to do, and I didn't feel like standing around for ten minutes. Michael, being the crybaby that he is, started saying that he'd go tell on us if we didn't bring him along.

"I don't want him to come," I whispered to Allainai.

"Neither do I," she whispered back.

I had a plan to get rid of him. The time that we take to walk to school is the time we take to tell each other what goes on in our lives in the classes that we are in. Michael doesn't need to know that stuff.

We told him that he should walk with his friend a different way that we were walking. It was very simple, but he was in love with the idea, so Allainai and I didn't have to deal with him. The only set back: Michael would follow us anyway.

"Crystal."

"Hmm?" I turned to her.

She had the devil's smile on her face. "Run."

I laughed as she took off. I could barely keep up with her; my backpack was so heavy, thumping against my spine. She giggled and giggled as she ran.

Laughing, and almost out of breath she called to me as we ran on this windy day, "Come on, Crissy! You know you can catch me! Almost there, just a little farther!"

I was dying trying to catch her. "Don't . . . Call . . . Me . . . Crissy!" I said between breaths.

"I'll call you what I want, Crys!" She continued to run and laugh until we reached the crosswalk that led us onto the school campus.

There was an unusual amount of traffic this morning, which left me a little worried that Michael would be stupid about crossing the street.

"Don't worry, he's not that retarded." She said, reading my mind, as usual.

When the light turned green, Allainai and I started to cross. We were the first ones there, before the cars stopped at the red light, so we got to go before they did, for courtesy. But, some old lady wasn't paying attention, and made a left-hand turn in front of us.

Luckily, I was behind her, and I was paying attention to all the cars around us, and I yanked Allainai back, out of harm's way. She gasped and gripped my arms, frightened.

I made some smart remark about how the old lady drives, and that loosened the mood. It made her forget about how scared she was, and she laughed . . . and laughed.

She continued to laugh until we were on campus, and she still laughed.

"It wasn't that funny!" I chastised her. What I said was lost on her; she was long gone.

It was at that moment I decided to leave her where she was, and go talk to my other, more sane, friends.

Unfortunately, Allainai decided to follow me. Rose was normally the crazy one. Now, that seemed to change to my sister. Rose gave me a look that said, "What the hell?".

I just shrugged, opting not to answer the question. I wasn't going to explain the fact that Allainai had completely lost it over the small topic of a stupid old lady joke. Rose didn't press the subject, knowing that I wasn't about to tell her exactly how crazy my sister really was.

It was sad. It was just sad that Allainai decided to laugh at the silliest thing.

I told Allainai to stay where she was so that I could talk to Rose. She wanted my opinion on something, and I didn't need to hear Allainai's laughter in the background.

"Okay, now that Allainai's laughter isn't distracting me, what exactly did you want my opinion on?"

"I didn't really. I just wanted to ask about you and Taylor."

"Ask about what?" I asked, trying to sound nonchalant.

Rose had a very devilish smile on her face when she said, "So, have you kissed yet?"

I shook my head in a no. Rose asked me this question every single day. I am almost getting sick of it. It's only been eight days. How would anyone kiss their boyfriend in less than ten days of going out with them?

But I do want him to. I really like him. He's so sweet and kind to me. I would never let go of him if I could. I absolutely love his hugs.

"Oh, Crriiiissy!" I heard Allainai sing.

My heart jumped when Rose rolled her eyes at me. I knew exactly who it was. I looked past my best friend, and saw him. Taylor. Today, on a Monday, he is always in all black. Any other day of the week, it's blue or red, but I love seeing him in black.

He has really dark hair, awesome brown eyes, really light skin, and just strong enough to have him hold on to me tightly without him being a jock (gag me). Just the boy I wanted to see. He's a junior and I'm a freshman (hold it!), but I'm fifteen and he's sixteen (and he'll stay sixteen until the middle of summer). I got the older side of my year, and he got the younger side of his.

The unfortunate thing is I don't think Rose likes him very much. He used to be the boyfriend of one of our other friends, but he broke up with her, and fell for me, which I feel bad about, but I can't really do anything about it. I mean, I love him.

He came over to me, and squeezed me really tight. I practically moaned he squeezed the breath out of me so fast. He let me go and I smiled at him.

"So, how are you doing?" he asked me with a slight stress on the word you.

"Fine," I said, feeling flirty. 

10/24/12
10:26 A.M.
Dear Diary,
Shhh, I'm writing in the middle of class. But anyway, Rose told me just before class started that she wanted me to break up with Taylor. Is she nuts? She knows that I love him. I can't change that. I just don't know why the heck she would say something like that.
I don't know if I can be friends with someone who doesn't support me in the things I do. I mean, I supported Rose even though she dated this awful guy that made her want to kill herself. I mean, hypocrite much?
She says she doesn't want me to get hurt, but I won't. He's not like that at all. He only cares about me, and is very patient with me, even though I might not be with him. *Sigh* I love him so much . . .
Oh, Taylor told me that he had somewhere that he'd like to show me today. I have no clue what he is talking about, but I guess I'll find out in . . . five minutes. The bell rings at 10:34, so I thought I'd kill some time.
But I so can't wait! 

"Hey," I heard behind me.

I spun the long way around to face him, not knowing exactly where he was standing. Taylor put his hand on my shoulder, and led me around to one of the buildings that I had never been in before. I know it connected to the cafeteria somehow.

"This is where I go when I'm alone. I've only been here with someone once."

He walked up to the stage door, and pulled on it; locked. I heard him swear under his breath. I smiled, amused by his amused frustration. He walked on, down the short hall, to another door, this time labeled auditorium. This door was open.

Taylor swiftly turned around, and motioned for me to follow him. I walked into what I thought was a room at first, but quickly found out that I was on the stage of the auditorium. The place for the audience was dark, but fairly lit on stage.

He walked across the stage, his footsteps sounding very loud in the quiet auditorium. I followed, much more silent, knowing that we weren't really supposed to be here during lunch. Taylor's form disappeared around a corner, and I lost him for a second. I caught his foot going into a hallway that was completely pitch-black. I took a couple of steps into the hall, and kicked his backpack, so I put mine down right next to his.

I stopped for a split second, listening for his breathing, which was also loud in this hallway. I put one hand on either side of the hallway to find out where the walls were on either side of me, and then put them out in front of me, searching blindly for his form. My fingers came up against his chest, and he pushed into me, making my breath catch in my throat. I felt his hands run up my arms, circling around my back and waist, pulling me into him for a tight hug.

It felt so good, and so right to be here in his arms, pressed up against him, without the worry of somebody seeing us and saying something about it. I wanted to be there forever with him, breathing in his scent, and soaking up that feeling of perfection when I am in his arms.

He let go too soon, and backed away from me. I felt so naked without him close to me anymore. I felt a tug on my calf, and I just about kicked Taylor in the face, he scared me so bad.

"Here, sit down next to me," I heard his whisper from below me.

I backed up against the wall, and hit my back hard on the railing. "Ow," I moaned.

"What?"

"I fell up against the wall, and didn't realize that there was a railing running along the hallway." I could almost see him smiling to himself at the stuff I did to myself. He took my hand, and guided me the rest of the way down to the floor, and he put his hand on my right knee, while my legs were crossed. As soon as I got my legs situated beneath me, Taylor laid his head down on my shoulder, and I pushed my cheek into his hair.

We stayed that way, neither of us talking, just enjoying each other's company. He lifted his head, and he said, "I love you so much."

"I love you, too," I said, smiling.

I started getting some of my night vision, sitting in the dark hallway, and I could see him smile back at me. I barely saw his light skinned fingers in the air beside my head, as he ran his fingertips along my jaw line to my lips. He just let his index finger run along my bottom lip, and I felt my whole body tense up, wanting him to put his hand behind my neck and just pull me into it.

Taylor chuckled.

"What?" I asked, coming out of my trance.

He shook his head, thoroughly amused by me. "You so want me to kiss you. You were leaning forward the entire time."

I blushed; embarrassed that he was so blunt with my desires. I looked down, sure that he couldn't see me, and nodded slowly. 

10/24/12
11:26 A.M.
Dear Diary,
Aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!!!!! He kissed me!!!
Ok, he didn't actually kiss me. The bell kept us from that, but almost. My heart just keeps jumping every time I think about how he almost kissed me.
Ok, Ok, we were sitting in the auditorium, and he got real close and asked me if I wanted to kiss him. (At this point he had his arms around my shoulders) I just shrugged, really wanting to, but not really confident about admitting that to him.
He then pulled my body closer, while making sure that I could lean back enough to get my lips on his. Taylor moved real slow, almost like he didn't want to scare me, or he was giving me a chance to move back away from him if I decided that I didn't really want to kiss him. But I wanted to sooooooooo bad! I closed my eyes, and just stayed where I was, and tilted my head back, expecting that kiss. I felt his breath, then just the tip of his top lip, and
RRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The bell just about made me jump right out of my skin, and I pulled away from Taylor because of it. *Sigh* Maybe I'll get that kiss later. Allainai is so going to laugh at me because of this.
She's going to ask me why I didn't jump forward to kiss him, blahblahblah. Whoohoo . . . Let's go.
Crystal out.