Hidden Within

Author's note: This was an assignment from my language arts teacher and it turned into this story. She allowed...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: This was an assignment from my language arts teacher and it turned into this story. She allowed us to write anything at all and with some thinking the character "robin" popped into my head and after changing somethings I got this. I don't really know what i want people to get for this but I hope some people enjoy it.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 6 Next »

Chapter 5

Now two months after moving in with Macy and her mom I had finally found out what a real family was, what they do and how it feels to be loved. In a new school now, I was in second period sitting next to Macy, my only class with her. My teacher was playing the news just like any other day. When suddenly in the middle of my sentence I stopped and stood up and watched the television. The class just watched me not really knowing what was going on. My old house flashed on the television. I started to walk up to it and turned the volume up. “ Now in New Jersey our own Miss Jane with a new story.” A man on the news said. “Hi, Im Jane in New Jersey with a new story, a local women was stabbed to death by her own husband in this apartment.” She said. I fell to my knees crying and Macy grabbing me and holding me tight. Everyone fell to a hush, as the news went on, “She presented a divorce paper to her husband and he said that if he couldn’t have her no one could. Later on while searching the house the found a letter from her son Robin, Stating “Mom, I know your better now and that you love me, but I have to leave now. Please don’t think it was your fault but I cant take anymore of my so called “new father.” I’ll be safe and maybe me and you will see each other again someday. I miss and love you. Please be safe. For me… I love you so much mom. Don’t forget about me. Love your son, Robin. That letter was found along with another letter saying, Robin, I don’t know where you are, but I hope your safe. Your probably not going to get this because I don’t know where you went. But your so called “father” has gone crazy and I am going to present him with the divorce papers tomorrow and then go look for you. I will look and look for you but I don’t know if I will ever find you. I miss and love you! love your mom, May. The boy has yet to be found and the step-dad has not been found yet." So there I was sitting on the floor and next thing I knew I was on my way to my old house with Macy and her mom. Once we got there I went to find my step dad. Not caring what or who was watching or if anyone knew who I was. When I saw him I called police and with them on their way I confronted him not really thinking. I punched him right in the face. He stumbled and jumped to his feet again and brought out his knife and got me right across the face and before I could punch him again the cops showed up and took him to jail and took me to Macy where she ran up to me and kissed me. For the first time who knew it would have been like that. Once everything was done we went back to New York. To our safe home where no one could hurt us. We buried my mother on a hill that faced New York so I could see her everyday just by stepping out of the house. Now a couple weeks after my moms death we were safe again.