Hidden Within

Author's note: This was an assignment from my language arts teacher and it turned into this story. She allowed...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: This was an assignment from my language arts teacher and it turned into this story. She allowed us to write anything at all and with some thinking the character "robin" popped into my head and after changing somethings I got this. I don't really know what i want people to get for this but I hope some people enjoy it.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next »

Chapter 2

Now 14 I finally couldn’t take it anymore. My mom screaming “Robin no! Stop it!” I know she didn’t want me to get hurt but I could take him anymore. As she holds me back from my step-father, While he holds a knife and me with just my hands. I now had 2 jobs, not only because we needed the money but to get away from the house. I was taking care of my mother, we didn’t know what was wrong with her. Ive been saving up money to take her to the doctor and I only have 300 dollars more, and with my 2 jobs money is coming in pretty fast. When I finally got the money I paid the hospital right away so that my step-father couldn’t take the money away from me and taking my mothers only chance of getting better, and my only change of getting away. I took my mom to the doctor so I didn’t have to pay extra for him to come to us. “Please sign here, do you have an appointment?” the lady behind the desk asked. “Uhm yes I uhm I mean my mother does with uhm doctor… Uhm hold on let me check.” I said kind of nervous. While digging in my pocket for the paper looking up, moving my dark black hair out of my face. “Doctor Nick.” I said. “Oh Ok it shouldn’t be that much longer please take a seat.” She replied. As I walked back to my seat it felt like a million blank faces, that i've only seen once, when I was little. It was the last look from my father. My real father, the one who cared about us, My mom and me. We didn’t know if we could go on but we ended up doing just that, or at least she did. I was scared that she forgot about him so quickly, and as I thought of that, it hit me, like a million emotions coming at me at once. Now I was scared that she would do the same for me. But I wouldn’t know and that’s what I like, not knowing if she would cry herself to sleep, or if she would be mad at me for leaving her, or if she wouldn’t care and act like I was never a part of her life. That walk back to my mom was the longest walk I have ever walked. Finally reaching her I sat down scared to say that everything was going to be okay because I didn’t know if it would be, but I did anyways not knowing what else to say. After about 20 minutes I heard my name. “Robin? Robin?” a nurse in purple was calling out. I looked at my mom who was falling asleep now touching her softly I said “Mom their ready come on lets go.” She looked up and slowly made her way back to the front of the room. Where we pasted people in rooms laying in beds with family and friends around them.