To Each Their Own...

Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7

Chapter 6

I was debating if I should call my mom. I mean she seemed legit about coming here; most people would’ve just left and never even turned back. But I can’t shake the feeling of her having an ulterior motive. This just doesn’t seem right. I prayed about this moment since I could remember. But in my head it seemed different; I would be running to her with open arms and she’d be crying while giving me a thousand kisses, saying over and over again how sorry she was. Nowhere in my fantasy was her
It's been a long while, I'm sorry. But I need inspiration and I need to get back in the groove of things. So as usual; rate and comment. Thanks
giving me a business card and leaving. I picked up my HTC cell phone and stared at it. At that moment the card she gave me felt like it weighted a ton. I was weak emotionally and I wasn’t sure if I could handle this situation.
“I’m only 16 for goodness’ sake. How am I supposed to deal with this?” I said to the ceiling. No one should have to make such a drastic decision. The only way you can have your fantasy is if you try to make it work. So I decided to take this whole ordeal by the coattails and ride with it. I dialed the number and waited for what seemed like an eternity for the first ring. Then the second and third ring came with no answer. I was just about to lose my nerve and hang up the phone when I heard a deep voice boom, “Hello?”
Saying I was shocked was an understatement. Why was a man answering the phone? “H-h-hello? I was calling for a Ms. Ella.”
“Oh, you want Ella?”
“Yes sir.”
“Hold up, let me call her.” After a few seconds a kinder, gentler voice came to the phone.
“Hello, this is Ella. How may I help you?”
“Ella? I mean, mom? Hi.”
“Sasha? Is that you?”
“Yes,” I couldn’t help but pace back in forth. The anxiety I was feeling was killing me.
“Oh, Sasha. I cannot tell you how happy I am to see that you called. I want nothing but us to be a family again.”
A family? Now I just met this lady and she’s already talking about a family? “Look, mom, I want to get to know you and all but I don’t know if I’m ready. I don’t even know who you are or what you’ve been doing for the last 16 years child-free.”
“Well I’ve mostly been thinking about you.”
I scoffed and rolled my eyes, what did she think this was? I could smell BS from miles away.
“Look, I’m so glad you called me but today really isn’t the best time to talk.”
“Why not?” In the back I heard someone call my mom’s name and then some glass break.
“Hello? Mom? What was that? Hello?”
“I’m here baby. I really have to go, busy day.”
“Too busy to talk to me?”
“Yes. I mean no, no Sasha. I’m just really in a hurry and need to go. Email me, we’ll do lunch. OK?”
“That’s it? Lunch?” I was about to go on a long rant when the phone cut off. I swear this was a waste of my time. I hate this woman and never want to see her again. If I never talk to her for the rest of my life it’ll still be too soon. I tried to reach out to her and all she could do was say we can do lunch? What mother does that? What person does that? She was the one who reached out to me first and she’s the one who wanted to be a part of my life. I never asked for this. I never wanted to be a part of her life. I mean I used to but my life is perfectly fine. I live in a decent home, with a great guardian, a pretty good school, a fantastic best friend, and the best looking boy at school in interested in me. I never needed my mom and I never will. Life was good as it was.
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7

This book has 2 comments. Post your own now!

Bastille98 said...
Your writing is amazing! I am not kidding. You have such great voice and the way you've developed Sasha's character is really proffessional. Write more, write more!! :)

T-anna replied...
Aug. 12, 2012 at 10:40 am
Thank you so much for that. I really appreciate. You just gave me the motivation to keep writing. ♥